Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Coli skills + enemy stats
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 69 70
I hate to be a bother but if anyone who stops by happens to know how to make spreadsheet formulas, I just can't get Scratch's damage to come out right; it can end up wrong by several points of damage. I have it linked here (it's only editable if you file-make a copy, sorry), any idea what I might have done wrong? Feel free to ignore if you don't want to! I just needed the ability to see how to allocate stats as I progress through the zones, and used the formulas Sylvandyr found to try to help me with that; only with Scratch being wrong, my Scr+Elim amount ends up wrong...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AheWNGvKJP2pdHY1cmpqUzRRblVERmhHUTVjZ1ZDMVE&usp=sharing
I hate to be a bother but if anyone who stops by happens to know how to make spreadsheet formulas, I just can't get Scratch's damage to come out right; it can end up wrong by several points of damage. I have it linked here (it's only editable if you file-make a copy, sorry), any idea what I might have done wrong? Feel free to ignore if you don't want to! I just needed the ability to see how to allocate stats as I progress through the zones, and used the formulas Sylvandyr found to try to help me with that; only with Scratch being wrong, my Scr+Elim amount ends up wrong...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AheWNGvKJP2pdHY1cmpqUzRRblVERmhHUTVjZ1ZDMVE&usp=sharing
@Culex - Could you please be more specific as to which parts are wrong? Could you highlight them or something? I inputted a few values and they all looked fine, so I'm having trouble seeing what you mean.

Also, just trying to understand here - what did you mean when you say that your Scratch damage is wrong? Are you comparing damage in your spreadsheet to the actual damage that you're doing to monsters, or did you mean something else? If you're comparing to actual damage, are you keeping an eye out for buffs and debuffs that might change the damage output? If you're talking about theoretical damage, have you double checked whether you inputted the DEF stat of the monster correctly? That could account for being off by a few points.

I'm still having trouble finding where the Scratch damage in your sheet is wrong (just inputting a few values on the sheet and comparing the numbers). Did you fix your sheet already?
@Culex - Could you please be more specific as to which parts are wrong? Could you highlight them or something? I inputted a few values and they all looked fine, so I'm having trouble seeing what you mean.

Also, just trying to understand here - what did you mean when you say that your Scratch damage is wrong? Are you comparing damage in your spreadsheet to the actual damage that you're doing to monsters, or did you mean something else? If you're comparing to actual damage, are you keeping an eye out for buffs and debuffs that might change the damage output? If you're talking about theoretical damage, have you double checked whether you inputted the DEF stat of the monster correctly? That could account for being off by a few points.

I'm still having trouble finding where the Scratch damage in your sheet is wrong (just inputting a few values on the sheet and comparing the numbers). Did you fix your sheet already?
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Sorry, yeah, the sheet isn't fixed, but SOMETIMES when I scratch (I've noticed this the most against, say, the Warcats) my real damage ends up 1 to 5 points lower than what the sheet calculates, so I can only figure it's some rounding error.

Oh, how about this. 111 STR (ignoring Berserkers of course), I deal 414 damage with Scratch to a Silver Antelope; sheet says I should be doing 418. Chimera takes 411 Scratch damage; sheet claims it should take 413.
Sorry, yeah, the sheet isn't fixed, but SOMETIMES when I scratch (I've noticed this the most against, say, the Warcats) my real damage ends up 1 to 5 points lower than what the sheet calculates, so I can only figure it's some rounding error.

Oh, how about this. 111 STR (ignoring Berserkers of course), I deal 414 damage with Scratch to a Silver Antelope; sheet says I should be doing 418. Chimera takes 411 Scratch damage; sheet claims it should take 413.
@Culex - Yea, there is something wrong with the sheet, I'll take a look...

Silver Springbok has 32 DEF. When I plug your 111 STR into the formula with 32 DEF, it comes out as 414 damage.

Chimera has 34 DEF. 111 STR with 34 DEF comes out as 411 damage.

Those two calculations directly from the formula match the damage that you're seeing on the screen.

Let's see what you've got...

=((4*$S$1+12)-(ROUNDDOWN(D16/3,0))*4+(MOD(D16,3)))

Oh, hey, look, you've messed up the parentheses. It needs to be this:

=(4*$S$1+12)-((ROUNDDOWN(D16/3,0))*4+(MOD(D16,3)))

Notice how you encapsulated the entire formula instead of the defense reduction portion? That's why you're getting errors where the projected number is too high. The subtraction isn't carrying over correctly thanks to the one misplaced parenthesis, so you don't subtract what needs to be subtracted (and thus the number ends up higher than it should be).

Just move that one parenthesis and it should work.
@Culex - Yea, there is something wrong with the sheet, I'll take a look...

Silver Springbok has 32 DEF. When I plug your 111 STR into the formula with 32 DEF, it comes out as 414 damage.

Chimera has 34 DEF. 111 STR with 34 DEF comes out as 411 damage.

Those two calculations directly from the formula match the damage that you're seeing on the screen.

Let's see what you've got...

=((4*$S$1+12)-(ROUNDDOWN(D16/3,0))*4+(MOD(D16,3)))

Oh, hey, look, you've messed up the parentheses. It needs to be this:

=(4*$S$1+12)-((ROUNDDOWN(D16/3,0))*4+(MOD(D16,3)))

Notice how you encapsulated the entire formula instead of the defense reduction portion? That's why you're getting errors where the projected number is too high. The subtraction isn't carrying over correctly thanks to the one misplaced parenthesis, so you don't subtract what needs to be subtracted (and thus the number ends up higher than it should be).

Just move that one parenthesis and it should work.
friggin parentheses

you are a god among men...dragons. Thanks a ton!!
friggin parentheses

you are a god among men...dragons. Thanks a ton!!
@Culex - Glad it's working now! Nice sheet you've got there, btw. I also like to know what STR and QCK I need for a zone. I've been meaning to write a tool for Coli zone stuff with the monster data so that I don't have to keep re-calculating, but I've just been too lazy cause I'd wanna add features. Eventually I'll get to it. "Eventually", like the rest of the things I wanna do :P
@Culex - Glad it's working now! Nice sheet you've got there, btw. I also like to know what STR and QCK I need for a zone. I've been meaning to write a tool for Coli zone stuff with the monster data so that I don't have to keep re-calculating, but I've just been too lazy cause I'd wanna add features. Eventually I'll get to it. "Eventually", like the rest of the things I wanna do :P
Hi everyone, I have finally gotten around to beginning to create the calculator tool that I've been meaning to make. (I've linked it on the front page, too.)

Currently, it's got the Monster Requirement Mode working, which shows the STR requirements to KO monsters with a bunch of common farming skill combinations. I still intend to develop it further, but the shortcut stuff is there for now. Partially because I wanted an easy access list for my own reference that doesn't involve manually inputting values into spreadsheets or looking up hand-calculated tables, heh.

The full calculator portion will be implemented later for all the different skills, debuff combinations, etc. I just don't have the time right now.
Hi everyone, I have finally gotten around to beginning to create the calculator tool that I've been meaning to make. (I've linked it on the front page, too.)

Currently, it's got the Monster Requirement Mode working, which shows the STR requirements to KO monsters with a bunch of common farming skill combinations. I still intend to develop it further, but the shortcut stuff is there for now. Partially because I wanted an easy access list for my own reference that doesn't involve manually inputting values into spreadsheets or looking up hand-calculated tables, heh.

The full calculator portion will be implemented later for all the different skills, debuff combinations, etc. I just don't have the time right now.
@Sylvandyr

Thank you for adding the new mobs and the AI :)
@Sylvandyr

Thank you for adding the new mobs and the AI :)
@Maki - Thanks for the reminder, actually! If you hadn't asked me to add the AI, I would've forgotten to upload the new version. I had the new mobs and AI on my local machine (with some AGI updates for the Harpy's Roost and Mire) but I got distracted between that and collecting data for Ammoth's thread, so I never actually uploaded the file.
@Maki - Thanks for the reminder, actually! If you hadn't asked me to add the AI, I would've forgotten to upload the new version. I had the new mobs and AI on my local machine (with some AGI updates for the Harpy's Roost and Mire) but I got distracted between that and collecting data for Ammoth's thread, so I never actually uploaded the file.
@Sylvandyr this is so helpful!!! especially because i was confused whether str or int affected elemental attacks...this clears it up quite well :) thank you!!
@Sylvandyr this is so helpful!!! especially because i was confused whether str or int affected elemental attacks...this clears it up quite well :) thank you!!
hatchery ~ looking to buy ~ selling
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 69 70