Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] lore build with the sidebar!
1 2
i wanted to check if my lair was missing any essential careers, so i was thinking of what i do each day, acting as my clan. i began a list of all the jobs each link on the sidebar may require...& i decided to turn it into a guide! follow along and see if you can fill in any gaps in your clan! in addition to the careers, i've included some questions that can hopefully inspire some extra lorebuilding! [LIST] [*] [b]Clan[/b] [LIST] [*] [b]Lair [/b]- architect, construction crew, housing coordinator, doctor/healer [quote=questions]how is your lair divided - do dragons cohabitate communally, or does everyone have their own space? do all members of a family live together in adulthood, or is there enough space for adult children to have their own dens? do the leaders live amongst their clanmates, or do they have a distinct residence? are there temporary lodgings available for travelers or new arrivals?[/quote] [*] [b]Nesting Grounds[/b] - matchmaker, hatchling caregiver, nest guard, eggsitter, doula, hatchling doctor [quote=questions]where are the nesting grounds located in your lair? are they hidden out of sight, or do they need to be guarded? are nests and hatchlings cared for on a community or individual basis? is there a place for baby dragons to play together, or are they raised at home? who teaches hatchlings in your clan - to fly, read & write, use magic, and more?[/quote] [*] [b]Gather Items[/b] - hunter/rancher, fisher/angler, bugcatcher, farmer/forager, digger/scavenger, treasure hunter, coordinator of all of the above [quote=questions]does your clan feed primarily on one food group? where do your dragons obtain the bulk of their food? who tracks the food stores and organizes teams to hunt and gather? depending on your region, what are some of the most commonly gathered items - and the rarest? [/quote] [*] [b]Clan Profile[/b] - clan representative, clan leader, council [quote=questions]are there any dragon/s who are officially or unofficially the "face" of your clan (leader, elders, leader's protege/child/apprentice)? what image does your clan wish to give off...and are they successful?[/quote] [*] [b]Hoard [/b]- manciple, banker/treasurer, cooks [quote=questions]where are your clan's food stores kept? does your clan pool their money and food, or are dragons left to fend for themselves? do families or groups cook for themselves, or does an organized kitchen serve up a feast each day?[/quote] [*] [b]Bestiary[/b] - familiar keeper/tamer, veterinarian, beastclan ambassadors [quote=questions]do familiars in your clan stay with their bonded partner, or do they roam free? depending on the location of your clan, is there anywhere for familiars of a different elemental origin to dwell comfortably (ex. a Redrock Cove familiar paired with a dragon living in Dragonhome)? what familiars/beastclan are most populous in your clan's territory? what does it mean in your clan to "bond" with or "awaken" a familiar? do any dragons keep more than one familiar?[/quote] [*] [b]Messages[/b] - messenger, courier, porter [quote=questions]are there any obstacles to couriers traveling to or from to your clan? if your clan has a lot of mail activity, is there a designated post office? can you identify the dragon who sends/receives the most mail?[/quote] [/LIST] [*] [b]Shop[/b] [LIST] [*] [b]Marketplace[/b] - purveyor, treasurer [quote=questions]is there a physical market within your clan, or do vendors/customers have to travel in order to trade? where do your dragons go to obtain apparel, familiars, materials, and/or trinkets?[/quote] [*] [b]Auction House [/b]- auctioneer, treasurer [quote=questions]is your clan squalid, aristocratic, or humbly wealthy - and would a newcomer be able to tell? how? how do your dragons earn money? can you identify the richest dragon in your clan? the poorest?[/quote] [*] [b]Trading Post [/b]- traders, vendors, merchants, artisans, apprentices [quote=questions]what are some products made within your clan? what items are hard to come by in your territory that your dragons may wish to trade for?[/quote] [*] [b]Crossroads [/b]- ambassador, messenger, courier, porter [quote=questions]are there certain allied clans/flights your dragons trade with most often? how did your clan's alliances come about?[/quote] [*] [b]Custom Skins [/b]- artist/painter, tattoo artist [quote=questions]are all your dragons' skins/accents "body paint" as in the site canon or do any of them have another function? how were your dragons' skins applied - or were they present since hatching?[/quote] [*] [b]Festive Favors [/b]- party planner, festival vendors, elemental representatives/ambassadors [quote=questions]does your clan celebrate all of the elemental holidays, just a few, or exclusively their own? where do festival celebrations take place, and what traditions exist? what special part might elemental representatives play in the festivities?[/quote] [/LIST] [*] [b]Play[/b] [LIST] [*] [b]Fairgrounds [/b]- game stand host, food vendor, ticketmaster, prize booth operator [quote=questions]what games are the most popular among the age/interest groups in your clan? can you identify a dragon who always gets the high score? who doesn't care for games? who can't help but ask for a rematch every time they lose?[/quote] [*] [b]Coliseum [/b]- clan offense/defense, combat trainer, combat trainee, healer [quote=questions]what is the function of a combat team for your clan (offense/defense, sport, etc)? are there certain coli venues that are near to your territory? based on that, what types of hostile creatures might your clan most often encounter in their daily life? does a dragon with a high coli level look physically different from a dragon with a low coli level? how so?[/quote] [*] [b]Dominance [/b]- exalt tracker, deity sage/representative [quote=questions]what is the purpose/significance of exaltation within your lore? are there any particular ceremonies or traditions observed in exaltation to your deity? when a dragon is exalted, what might they do before leaving, and in which direction do they embark? have any dragons returned to your clan from exaltation?[/quote] [/LIST] [*] [b]Library[/b] [LIST] [*] [b]Forums [/b]- librarian, storyteller, lorekeeper, historian, scribe/printer [quote=questions]who keeps the history of your clan, and how - in a book, in their mind...? do all the dragons in your lair know the story of their clan's origin, or is it a guarded secret? are stories passed down in writing or told in oral tradition?[/quote] [*] [b]World Map [/b]- mapmaker, traveler, land planner [quote=questions]does your clan have access to the current world map? if not, how do they view Sornieth? is there a local map visitors can use to get around your clan's territory, any signs posted, or landmarks used for directions? what are the main regions and subregions of your clan territory?[/quote] [*] [b]Dressing Room [/b]- tailor, weaver, garment vendor, jeweler, metalsmith, hairdresser [quote=questions]depending on the climate/conditions of your region, what are the most common articles of clothing worn by residents? where/to whom do your dragons go to obtain apparel?[/quote] [*] [b]Scrying Workshop [/b]- scryer, seer, alchemist [quote=questions]are gene and breed changes canon in your lore? how do these changes occur - by simply reading a breed change scroll, through a magical ritual, or otherwise? would a dragon physically visit the Spiral Keep to scry, or is there some other way?[/quote] [*] [b]Game Database [/b]- teacher/scholar, scientist, researcher, librarian [quote=questions]if a dragon wanted to look something up, where/to whom in your clan would they go? does your clan value learning and knowledge enough to have established a library or university?[/quote] [/LIST] [/LIST] there are many more titles that can be applied to your dragons, this is by no means an exhaustive list! for further inspiration, check out these lists: [url=https://lazydragon-fr.tumblr.com/post/124791834912/flight-rising-dragon-jobs-reference]Flight Rising Dragon Jobs Reference[/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1372481]The Ever-Growing Guide to Titles/Classes[/url] feel free to share title/question suggestions, i'll do my best to update this post as i see fit!
i wanted to check if my lair was missing any essential careers, so i was thinking of what i do each day, acting as my clan. i began a list of all the jobs each link on the sidebar may require...& i decided to turn it into a guide!

follow along and see if you can fill in any gaps in your clan!

in addition to the careers, i've included some questions that can hopefully inspire some extra lorebuilding!
  • Clan
    • Lair - architect, construction crew, housing coordinator, doctor/healer
      questions wrote:
      how is your lair divided - do dragons cohabitate communally, or does everyone have their own space?

do all members of a family live together in adulthood, or is there enough space for adult children to have their own dens?

do the leaders live amongst their clanmates, or do they have a distinct residence?

are there temporary lodgings available for travelers or new arrivals?

• Nesting Grounds - matchmaker, hatchling caregiver, nest guard, eggsitter, doula, hatchling doctor
      questions wrote:
      where are the nesting grounds located in your lair? are they hidden out of sight, or do they need to be guarded?

are nests and hatchlings cared for on a community or individual basis?

is there a place for baby dragons to play together, or are they raised at home?

who teaches hatchlings in your clan - to fly, read & write, use magic, and more?

• Gather Items - hunter/rancher, fisher/angler, bugcatcher, farmer/forager, digger/scavenger, treasure hunter, coordinator of all of the above
      questions wrote:
      does your clan feed primarily on one food group?

where do your dragons obtain the bulk of their food?

who tracks the food stores and organizes teams to hunt and gather?

depending on your region, what are some of the most commonly gathered items - and the rarest?

• Clan Profile - clan representative, clan leader, council
      questions wrote:
      are there any dragon/s who are officially or unofficially the "face" of your clan (leader, elders, leader's protege/child/apprentice)?

what image does your clan wish to give off...and are they successful?

• Hoard - manciple, banker/treasurer, cooks
      questions wrote:
      where are your clan's food stores kept?

does your clan pool their money and food, or are dragons left to fend for themselves?

do families or groups cook for themselves, or does an organized kitchen serve up a feast each day?

• Bestiary - familiar keeper/tamer, veterinarian, beastclan ambassadors
      questions wrote:
      do familiars in your clan stay with their bonded partner, or do they roam free?

depending on the location of your clan, is there anywhere for familiars of a different elemental origin to dwell comfortably (ex. a Redrock Cove familiar paired with a dragon living in Dragonhome)?

what familiars/beastclan are most populous in your clan's territory?

what does it mean in your clan to "bond" with or "awaken" a familiar?

do any dragons keep more than one familiar?

• Messages - messenger, courier, porter
      questions wrote:
      are there any obstacles to couriers traveling to or from to your clan?

if your clan has a lot of mail activity, is there a designated post office?

can you identify the dragon who sends/receives the most mail?
  • Shop
    • Marketplace - purveyor, treasurer
      questions wrote:
      is there a physical market within your clan, or do vendors/customers have to travel in order to trade?

where do your dragons go to obtain apparel, familiars, materials, and/or trinkets?
    • Auction House - auctioneer, treasurer
      questions wrote:
      is your clan squalid, aristocratic, or humbly wealthy - and would a newcomer be able to tell? how?

how do your dragons earn money?

can you identify the richest dragon in your clan? the poorest?
    • Trading Post - traders, vendors, merchants, artisans, apprentices
      questions wrote:
      what are some products made within your clan?

what items are hard to come by in your territory that your dragons may wish to trade for?
    • Crossroads - ambassador, messenger, courier, porter
      questions wrote:
      are there certain allied clans/flights your dragons trade with most often?

how did your clan's alliances come about?
    • Custom Skins - artist/painter, tattoo artist
      questions wrote:
      are all your dragons' skins/accents "body paint" as in the site canon or do any of them have another function?

how were your dragons' skins applied - or were they present since hatching?
    • Festive Favors - party planner, festival vendors, elemental representatives/ambassadors
      questions wrote:
      does your clan celebrate all of the elemental holidays, just a few, or exclusively their own?

where do festival celebrations take place, and what traditions exist?

what special part might elemental representatives play in the festivities?
  • Play
    • Fairgrounds - game stand host, food vendor, ticketmaster, prize booth operator
      questions wrote:
      what games are the most popular among the age/interest groups in your clan?

can you identify a dragon who always gets the high score? who doesn't care for games?

who can't help but ask for a rematch every time they lose?
    • Coliseum - clan offense/defense, combat trainer, combat trainee, healer
      questions wrote:
      what is the function of a combat team for your clan (offense/defense, sport, etc)?

are there certain coli venues that are near to your territory? based on that, what types of hostile creatures might your clan most often encounter in their daily life?

does a dragon with a high coli level look physically different from a dragon with a low coli level? how so?
    • Dominance - exalt tracker, deity sage/representative
      questions wrote:
      what is the purpose/significance of exaltation within your lore?

are there any particular ceremonies or traditions observed in exaltation to your deity?

when a dragon is exalted, what might they do before leaving, and in which direction do they embark?

have any dragons returned to your clan from exaltation?
  • Library
    • Forums - librarian, storyteller, lorekeeper, historian, scribe/printer
      questions wrote:
      who keeps the history of your clan, and how - in a book, in their mind...?

do all the dragons in your lair know the story of their clan's origin, or is it a guarded secret?

are stories passed down in writing or told in oral tradition?
    • World Map - mapmaker, traveler, land planner
      questions wrote:
      does your clan have access to the current world map? if not, how do they view Sornieth?

is there a local map visitors can use to get around your clan's territory, any signs posted, or landmarks used for directions?

what are the main regions and subregions of your clan territory?
    • Dressing Room - tailor, weaver, garment vendor, jeweler, metalsmith, hairdresser
      questions wrote:
      depending on the climate/conditions of your region, what are the most common articles of clothing worn by residents?

where/to whom do your dragons go to obtain apparel?
    • Scrying Workshop - scryer, seer, alchemist
      questions wrote:
      are gene and breed changes canon in your lore?

how do these changes occur - by simply reading a breed change scroll, through a magical ritual, or otherwise?

would a dragon physically visit the Spiral Keep to scry, or is there some other way?
    • Game Database - teacher/scholar, scientist, researcher, librarian
      questions wrote:
      if a dragon wanted to look something up, where/to whom in your clan would they go?

does your clan value learning and knowledge enough to have established a library or university?

there are many more titles that can be applied to your dragons, this is by no means an exhaustive list! for further inspiration, check out these lists:
Flight Rising Dragon Jobs Reference
The Ever-Growing Guide to Titles/Classes

feel free to share title/question suggestions, i'll do my best to update this post as i see fit!
qSlFDy5.pngR9ehyxp.png
updates: ?
updates: ?
qSlFDy5.pngR9ehyxp.png
this is very cool and very useful! finding jobs/purposes for my dragons is something I struggle with, so I'll definitely be coming back to this list :)
this is very cool and very useful! finding jobs/purposes for my dragons is something I struggle with, so I'll definitely be coming back to this list :)
dhay-->Alicio-->Charioteer

Please ping me! I don't subscribe to my posts.
this is great, thank you for sharing!! <3
this is great, thank you for sharing!! <3
eswSnrS.pngMUYNhfy.png
kCHWEjf.pngYMPbu9R.png
this is a great resource! thank you :D<3
this is a great resource! thank you :D<3
TW8ViqF.png
lfYPqpD.png
5hF3FGk.png
zxmejPZ.png
JvUa9ma.png
YMPbu9R.png
qO3o9mR.png u0zgn1V.pngybAHpix.pngmVbiNgO.pngMTtORbV.pngZ5EpBf9.pngulhQhg3.pngCaJnYmb.pngde4wk5D.pnglFq36vF.pngfsMWPHj.pngQJAOLGp.pngcedPG3i.png
lJX7Tr5.png
while viewing this guide to help build my own roster, i added/reworded some questions and spaced everything out for better readability! ^__^
while viewing this guide to help build my own roster, i added/reworded some questions and spaced everything out for better readability! ^__^
qSlFDy5.pngR9ehyxp.png
don't forget your doctors! In smaller living groups, there tends to be one or two doctors that handle:

-Childbirth/Child Health
-Sicknesses/Wounds
-General checking-up on clan's health

while bigger clans may have a whole guild of healers that specialize in different things!
don't forget your doctors! In smaller living groups, there tends to be one or two doctors that handle:

-Childbirth/Child Health
-Sicknesses/Wounds
-General checking-up on clan's health

while bigger clans may have a whole guild of healers that specialize in different things!
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
@BalticDeerOwl ah, of course! thank you for reminding me ^__^ added some doctor titles & adjacent careers, i'll have to think up some lore questions for them too!
@BalticDeerOwl ah, of course! thank you for reminding me ^__^ added some doctor titles & adjacent careers, i'll have to think up some lore questions for them too!
qSlFDy5.pngR9ehyxp.png
This is so useful! Thank you!
This is so useful! Thank you!
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
I love this, I'll definitely be pulling from these as prompts. Thank you :)!
I love this, I'll definitely be pulling from these as prompts. Thank you :)!
Clan Lore | Clan Gallery | Art Blog | FR Blog9eeae65bbff59dbbc51fbb14e63503493b3f830e.png
1 2