Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [SHEET] Comprehensive NOTN Item Tracker
1 2
Last year, just before NotN began, I was looking around to find a NotN tracker to use, but couldn't find any quite to my liking. So, I decided to make one myself, and created the Comprehensive NotN tracker!

Basically, this sheet is a way to track NotN items, and keep track of how many you have and need. Beyond just that, however, it also keeps track of the costs of treasure and gem NotN items, the items needed to trade for NotN items, and the items needed to brew Baldwin NotN items, along with having database links to all items and quite a few automated features to make using it easier!

ALSO: Note that I'm not the best with google sheets and this sheet is not very bug-tested, so it's likely you may encounter some issues, glitches, and things that could be improved upon. If you see anything that seems wrong or doesn't seem to be working as intended, please ping me @sedge122 in this thread with information about the issue and I'll try and fix it ASAP. :]

Link to Sheet

To start using the sheet, just go to File > Make a Copy to create your own editable version of it! There are more instructions on how to use the sheet itself in the 'main' tab of the sheet.

The link above is for the "Dark Mode" version of the sheet, which is the way it was created originally; however, I also made a "Light Mode" version if anyone prefers that. Light Mode version link. Just be aware that due to me not having the time to extensively bug-test right now, there may be discrepancies between the sheets: again, if you see anything that seems wrong please ping me in this thread! c:
As of 2023, light mode is currently outdated. If anyone specifically wants to use the light mode version of the sheet, let me know and I'll try to get it updated asap: otherwise I can't promise I'll update it this year.

CHANGELOG:
18/12/2023 - Dark mode version of the sheet has been updated with the items from 2023 NotN. Light mode is currently out of date. (Version 2.0)

23/12/2022 - Tiny bug fix (wrong brew time listed for Vista: Strange Chest) (Version 1.2.1)

18/12/2022 - Added all newly released items to the sheet! (Version 1.2)
- Updated light mode with all new items (only dark mode was up-to-date previously)

15/12/2022 - Actually fixed that issue this time, and some QOL changes! (Version 1.1.1)

14/12/2022 - Finished working on the sheet for now, created this thread (Version 1.0)
- Found a bug and fixed it... sort of... (Version 1.1)
Last year, just before NotN began, I was looking around to find a NotN tracker to use, but couldn't find any quite to my liking. So, I decided to make one myself, and created the Comprehensive NotN tracker!

Basically, this sheet is a way to track NotN items, and keep track of how many you have and need. Beyond just that, however, it also keeps track of the costs of treasure and gem NotN items, the items needed to trade for NotN items, and the items needed to brew Baldwin NotN items, along with having database links to all items and quite a few automated features to make using it easier!

ALSO: Note that I'm not the best with google sheets and this sheet is not very bug-tested, so it's likely you may encounter some issues, glitches, and things that could be improved upon. If you see anything that seems wrong or doesn't seem to be working as intended, please ping me @sedge122 in this thread with information about the issue and I'll try and fix it ASAP. :]

Link to Sheet

To start using the sheet, just go to File > Make a Copy to create your own editable version of it! There are more instructions on how to use the sheet itself in the 'main' tab of the sheet.

The link above is for the "Dark Mode" version of the sheet, which is the way it was created originally; however, I also made a "Light Mode" version if anyone prefers that. Light Mode version link. Just be aware that due to me not having the time to extensively bug-test right now, there may be discrepancies between the sheets: again, if you see anything that seems wrong please ping me in this thread! c:
As of 2023, light mode is currently outdated. If anyone specifically wants to use the light mode version of the sheet, let me know and I'll try to get it updated asap: otherwise I can't promise I'll update it this year.

CHANGELOG:
18/12/2023 - Dark mode version of the sheet has been updated with the items from 2023 NotN. Light mode is currently out of date. (Version 2.0)

23/12/2022 - Tiny bug fix (wrong brew time listed for Vista: Strange Chest) (Version 1.2.1)

18/12/2022 - Added all newly released items to the sheet! (Version 1.2)
- Updated light mode with all new items (only dark mode was up-to-date previously)

15/12/2022 - Actually fixed that issue this time, and some QOL changes! (Version 1.1.1)

14/12/2022 - Finished working on the sheet for now, created this thread (Version 1.0)
- Found a bug and fixed it... sort of... (Version 1.1)
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
UPDATE - Version 1.1
While using my personal version of the sheet I discovered that I hadn't taken into account the fact that 2 glass beaker/reinforced glass beaker are made for every one use of the recipe, so I changed the 'N#' and 'I#' for them to be half of the actual needed/ideal numbers rounded up. Then I realized that that does unfortunately mean that the N# and I# numbers for the glass beakers and reinforced beakers are not exact, but there's nothing I can think of that could solve that issue for now. (I tried making it so the N# and I# numbers for the ingredients only were halved, but that was annoyingly complex.)

So, for now, the glass beaker and reinforced glass beaker needed numbers are half of the actual needed number rounded up, and so aren't exact, but I don't have the time or energy to try and fix that problem rn. :']
UPDATE - Version 1.1
While using my personal version of the sheet I discovered that I hadn't taken into account the fact that 2 glass beaker/reinforced glass beaker are made for every one use of the recipe, so I changed the 'N#' and 'I#' for them to be half of the actual needed/ideal numbers rounded up. Then I realized that that does unfortunately mean that the N# and I# numbers for the glass beakers and reinforced beakers are not exact, but there's nothing I can think of that could solve that issue for now. (I tried making it so the N# and I# numbers for the ingredients only were halved, but that was annoyingly complex.)

So, for now, the glass beaker and reinforced glass beaker needed numbers are half of the actual needed number rounded up, and so aren't exact, but I don't have the time or energy to try and fix that problem rn. :']
@sedge122
Neat!

Silly question: what are O# N# I#? Owned, Needed...?
@sedge122
Neat!

Silly question: what are O# N# I#? Owned, Needed...?
w8o0xW1.png75oNP1H.png
[/center]
@beBlueberry

They stand for owned amount, needed amount, and ideal amount respectively, with ideal amount being how many of that item you would like to get, but don't necessarily have to get! :] It's mentioned in the Main tab of the sheet but is very easy to overlook, so don't worry, not a silly question! c:

Also - I'm currently in the process of editing the sheet to add some quick improvements, so if you've made a copy of the sheet already, you'll need to make a new copy after I've made these changes for them to actually take effect - when I actually finish adding them that is, since I'm still in the process of doing so (it should be quite quick though)! I can ping you when it's all updated if you'd like, so you can make a new copy! c:
@beBlueberry

They stand for owned amount, needed amount, and ideal amount respectively, with ideal amount being how many of that item you would like to get, but don't necessarily have to get! :] It's mentioned in the Main tab of the sheet but is very easy to overlook, so don't worry, not a silly question! c:

Also - I'm currently in the process of editing the sheet to add some quick improvements, so if you've made a copy of the sheet already, you'll need to make a new copy after I've made these changes for them to actually take effect - when I actually finish adding them that is, since I'm still in the process of doing so (it should be quite quick though)! I can ping you when it's all updated if you'd like, so you can make a new copy! c:
(another) UPDATE - Version 1.1.1
I figured out a solution to the glass beaker/reinforced glass beaker issue (just have two separate cells for total needed amount, vs amount of times to make the recipe itself) and also added highlights based on number of O# vs N#/I# to more cells (by highlights, I mean that cells will be highlighted red if you have less Owned then Needed, or orange if you have less Owned then Ideal), so this is Version 1.1...1. x'D

Hopefully, I won't need to fiddle with this sheet more until it's time to actually add whatever new NotN items are released this year! c: (I am so ready to be done with this sheet...)

@beBlueberry - I'm so so sorry for the ping especially as I already pinged you earlier,,, but I just wanted to notify you of this update to the sheet, since if you've already made a copy of the sheet you'll unfortunately have to make a new copy to actually get the new features. Sorry for the trouble! :']
(another) UPDATE - Version 1.1.1
I figured out a solution to the glass beaker/reinforced glass beaker issue (just have two separate cells for total needed amount, vs amount of times to make the recipe itself) and also added highlights based on number of O# vs N#/I# to more cells (by highlights, I mean that cells will be highlighted red if you have less Owned then Needed, or orange if you have less Owned then Ideal), so this is Version 1.1...1. x'D

Hopefully, I won't need to fiddle with this sheet more until it's time to actually add whatever new NotN items are released this year! c: (I am so ready to be done with this sheet...)

@beBlueberry - I'm so so sorry for the ping especially as I already pinged you earlier,,, but I just wanted to notify you of this update to the sheet, since if you've already made a copy of the sheet you'll unfortunately have to make a new copy to actually get the new features. Sorry for the trouble! :']
Oh this is great! Could I get a ping once you’ve added this year’s items please?
Oh this is great! Could I get a ping once you’ve added this year’s items please?
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
^ Agree! This would be super cool, I'd love a ping.
^ Agree! This would be super cool, I'd love a ping.
KWA6hwz.png 5kJ9JHc.png
5kJ9JHc.png
run by Bisons | he/they | FR+1 |

7UXlQKU.gifYMPbu9R.pngovanc37.png
> avatar...
> sales
> old oaks [+ hibden!]
> wishlist
@SleepyTiefling

Yep, there is a way - the Baldwin Materials, Misc Needed Items, and Main tabs of the sheet should all automatically update based on how many NotN items are set as N# (needed) or I# (ideal) elsewhere in the sheet. For example, if you have N# for a 50,000 treasure MP item set to 1, then in the Main tab the amount of treasure you need will be set to 50,000, and if you have N# of a Baldwin item that requires 2 green goo set to 1, then in the Baldwin Materials tab the amount of green goo you need should be set to 2.

So, if you would ideally like to get at least 1 of, say, every baldwin item, you could go to the Baldwin Items tab and set I# (the first I#, with the orange header) to 1 for all of the items. Then, the Baldwin Materials/Misc Needed Items tabs, along with the treasure/minutes counters in the Main tab, should automatically update with how many of each item you need in total. You could also set the first I# in the tabs MP Items/Swipp Items to be 1 for all the items as well, if you wanted, to also calculate the resources needed for getting all of those items.

I hope I explained that clearly enough, I'm bad at explaining stuff aaa. I hope that helps, but let me know if I need to try and explain it better! :']
@SleepyTiefling

Yep, there is a way - the Baldwin Materials, Misc Needed Items, and Main tabs of the sheet should all automatically update based on how many NotN items are set as N# (needed) or I# (ideal) elsewhere in the sheet. For example, if you have N# for a 50,000 treasure MP item set to 1, then in the Main tab the amount of treasure you need will be set to 50,000, and if you have N# of a Baldwin item that requires 2 green goo set to 1, then in the Baldwin Materials tab the amount of green goo you need should be set to 2.

So, if you would ideally like to get at least 1 of, say, every baldwin item, you could go to the Baldwin Items tab and set I# (the first I#, with the orange header) to 1 for all of the items. Then, the Baldwin Materials/Misc Needed Items tabs, along with the treasure/minutes counters in the Main tab, should automatically update with how many of each item you need in total. You could also set the first I# in the tabs MP Items/Swipp Items to be 1 for all the items as well, if you wanted, to also calculate the resources needed for getting all of those items.

I hope I explained that clearly enough, I'm bad at explaining stuff aaa. I hope that helps, but let me know if I need to try and explain it better! :']
this is SO useful for planning, thanks for sharing it - would love to be added to an update pinglist when the new recipes come out please!
this is SO useful for planning, thanks for sharing it - would love to be added to an update pinglist when the new recipes come out please!
HW4lpxl.png
UPDATE - VERSION 1.2, and new items added!
@harpyja @1sun1spirit @highrising

The sheet has been updated with all the new items, along with a few minor edits to account for the new grand exchange system! :D If I made any mistakes or anything looks wrong please let me know, I was admittedly rushing a bit because I want to get this out for everyone to use ASAP and also want to start actually doing NotN stuff myself haha!

PLEASE NOTE: as of now only the dark mode version of the sheet is updated! I'll try and get around to updating the light mode version as soon as possible, but I figured better at least get it out on one mode of the sheet. If anyone wants to be pinged when the light mode is available let me know! :]

Quick link to the updated sheet!
(The one in the first post still works, just putting it in this post too for convenience c:)
UPDATE - VERSION 1.2, and new items added!
@harpyja @1sun1spirit @highrising

The sheet has been updated with all the new items, along with a few minor edits to account for the new grand exchange system! :D If I made any mistakes or anything looks wrong please let me know, I was admittedly rushing a bit because I want to get this out for everyone to use ASAP and also want to start actually doing NotN stuff myself haha!

PLEASE NOTE: as of now only the dark mode version of the sheet is updated! I'll try and get around to updating the light mode version as soon as possible, but I figured better at least get it out on one mode of the sheet. If anyone wants to be pinged when the light mode is available let me know! :]

Quick link to the updated sheet!
(The one in the first post still works, just putting it in this post too for convenience c:)
1 2