Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | icecrystal crusher - a double duty build
the year is 2022. there is still no dedicated meditate build for up to lv 21 venues, i think.

"just use the alusair", they said. "it's cheaper and a similar speed." but i was too used to my medimire ways to give up.

i trained a plague g1 to level 25 to let my vision sprawl. after hours of theorycrafting, i was delighted to see my build work like a charm.

Introducing...
THE ICECRYSTAL CRUSHER
a dual-venue fodder training pools/boreal build that can probably grind every venue below crystal without breaking a sweat

-

BASIC STATS: 105 str, 90 qck, 11 vit

STONES: meditate, rally, elim, sap, pestilent slash, berserker x3, ambush x2

RECOMMENDED ELEMENTS: plague is the best of the best for both venues. not weak to ANY boreal casters OR pools casters, it has no trouble completely demolishing both venues. additionally, pestilent slash makes quick work out of both pools bosses!

105 str + rally at level 25 kills everything in both pools and boreal in one eliminate, barring yetis and the pools bosses. yetis are just 2 rallied elims and both pools bosses are weak to pestilent slash.

90 qck gets you DOUBLE the speed of every enemy in both venues except cranes, which are neutrally effective elemental casters, so they don't particularly pose a threat. this build will give you 4 free turns on all melee enemies in pools no matter what, which is ridiculous. it also gives you the 4 turns on everything in boreal except the rasas.

11 vit is where i put the remaining stat points. it doesn't need much.

-

GAMEPLAY EXPLANATION: turn 1, meditate. turn 2, rally. turn 3, rally again. turn 4, defend against melee packs. if it's an all caster pack, rally a third time. turn 5, after the monsters move, KILL KILL ELIMINATE BLOODSHED DESTRUCTION

against all caster packs, it could be worth it to repeat the beginning for more breath, which you can use for saps to regain your health and making bosses cower in fear with pestilent slash.

-

"but marketplace, what about the other crystal pools/boreal wood builds?" HAHA ive already formed hypotheses i just need more people to know about these so i can test them

DATA FROM COMPARISON AGAINST ALUSAIR/DOUBLE DUTY

my initial hypothesis is that scratch based 105 builds (the alusair, plague scratch based, and the double duty pools/roost trainer, wind scratch based) have a slower start and less wiggle room for elim misses due to the slow speed of breath building with scratch, leading to slightly faster and very consistent timing for level milestones in pools.
i've tested this. daimyo kinda gets owned in pools. she's wind but honestly it doesn't change much on how she gets owned

DATA FROM COMPARISON AGAINST 130 POOLS BUILDS

all 130 pools builds are plague scratch based, but they don't have rally, which is sort of a curse at the cost of saving treasure. you don't have the luxury of building breath up in advance for bosses and missed elims, which can lead to slower times and more deaths/resets because of scratch's slow breath building and not being boss friendly. the removal of rally at the start of every battle could lead to faster peak speeds due to the rally animation not being a factor, but icecrystal retains a decent pace with the benefit of more consistency.
*further testing is needed. if you have a spare elim and plague lv25 unbuilt and a 130 pools grinder, you can give me a helping hand by helping me test this!*

DATA FROM COMPARISON AGAINST INTERLUDE BUILD

the interlude boreal build (104/90/16) is very similar to the crusher in stats and stones, the only differences being haste on the interlude build over pestilent slash, sacrificing 1 point of str for 5 points of vit, since it doesn't need the 1 extra point for sturgeons, and most importantly, it's scratch based rather than meditate based. it IS rally required, so it functions just like the alusair, which theoretically works in boreal exactly the same way as interlude would, just with 5 less vit. a comparison of the alusair and the interlude is in the works, to see how much having a specialized interlude affects consistency significantly or if it's not really needed. but for now, here are the results. i didn't want to spend money on another eliminate, so the results here will be from an alusair, but if i get an interlude, i will update the data.
*further testing is also needed here! if you have a 104 boreal grinder, i need a helping hand with the data collection!*

DATA FROM COMPARISON AGAINST 1 CULEX IN BOREAL

culexes are usually plague, but they're scratch based and not specialized to get tons of turns in boreal. the culex build only gets 1 extra turn against all monsters. i don't actually have more than 1 culex, but generally, if you're 2-fodder training here, you'll want a faster build than a culex grinder. one culex grinder can be very unstable in boreal, even though it doesn't need to rally on most monsters. the situation with 130 pools builds and their redundancy if they miss is in effect here.
i've tested this. results are exactly as described. it's REALLY unstable.

-

finally, medimire fans can rest in pools.
the year is 2022. there is still no dedicated meditate build for up to lv 21 venues, i think.

"just use the alusair", they said. "it's cheaper and a similar speed." but i was too used to my medimire ways to give up.

i trained a plague g1 to level 25 to let my vision sprawl. after hours of theorycrafting, i was delighted to see my build work like a charm.

Introducing...
THE ICECRYSTAL CRUSHER
a dual-venue fodder training pools/boreal build that can probably grind every venue below crystal without breaking a sweat

-

BASIC STATS: 105 str, 90 qck, 11 vit

STONES: meditate, rally, elim, sap, pestilent slash, berserker x3, ambush x2

RECOMMENDED ELEMENTS: plague is the best of the best for both venues. not weak to ANY boreal casters OR pools casters, it has no trouble completely demolishing both venues. additionally, pestilent slash makes quick work out of both pools bosses!

105 str + rally at level 25 kills everything in both pools and boreal in one eliminate, barring yetis and the pools bosses. yetis are just 2 rallied elims and both pools bosses are weak to pestilent slash.

90 qck gets you DOUBLE the speed of every enemy in both venues except cranes, which are neutrally effective elemental casters, so they don't particularly pose a threat. this build will give you 4 free turns on all melee enemies in pools no matter what, which is ridiculous. it also gives you the 4 turns on everything in boreal except the rasas.

11 vit is where i put the remaining stat points. it doesn't need much.

-

GAMEPLAY EXPLANATION: turn 1, meditate. turn 2, rally. turn 3, rally again. turn 4, defend against melee packs. if it's an all caster pack, rally a third time. turn 5, after the monsters move, KILL KILL ELIMINATE BLOODSHED DESTRUCTION

against all caster packs, it could be worth it to repeat the beginning for more breath, which you can use for saps to regain your health and making bosses cower in fear with pestilent slash.

-

"but marketplace, what about the other crystal pools/boreal wood builds?" HAHA ive already formed hypotheses i just need more people to know about these so i can test them

DATA FROM COMPARISON AGAINST ALUSAIR/DOUBLE DUTY

my initial hypothesis is that scratch based 105 builds (the alusair, plague scratch based, and the double duty pools/roost trainer, wind scratch based) have a slower start and less wiggle room for elim misses due to the slow speed of breath building with scratch, leading to slightly faster and very consistent timing for level milestones in pools.
i've tested this. daimyo kinda gets owned in pools. she's wind but honestly it doesn't change much on how she gets owned

DATA FROM COMPARISON AGAINST 130 POOLS BUILDS

all 130 pools builds are plague scratch based, but they don't have rally, which is sort of a curse at the cost of saving treasure. you don't have the luxury of building breath up in advance for bosses and missed elims, which can lead to slower times and more deaths/resets because of scratch's slow breath building and not being boss friendly. the removal of rally at the start of every battle could lead to faster peak speeds due to the rally animation not being a factor, but icecrystal retains a decent pace with the benefit of more consistency.
*further testing is needed. if you have a spare elim and plague lv25 unbuilt and a 130 pools grinder, you can give me a helping hand by helping me test this!*

DATA FROM COMPARISON AGAINST INTERLUDE BUILD

the interlude boreal build (104/90/16) is very similar to the crusher in stats and stones, the only differences being haste on the interlude build over pestilent slash, sacrificing 1 point of str for 5 points of vit, since it doesn't need the 1 extra point for sturgeons, and most importantly, it's scratch based rather than meditate based. it IS rally required, so it functions just like the alusair, which theoretically works in boreal exactly the same way as interlude would, just with 5 less vit. a comparison of the alusair and the interlude is in the works, to see how much having a specialized interlude affects consistency significantly or if it's not really needed. but for now, here are the results. i didn't want to spend money on another eliminate, so the results here will be from an alusair, but if i get an interlude, i will update the data.
*further testing is also needed here! if you have a 104 boreal grinder, i need a helping hand with the data collection!*

DATA FROM COMPARISON AGAINST 1 CULEX IN BOREAL

culexes are usually plague, but they're scratch based and not specialized to get tons of turns in boreal. the culex build only gets 1 extra turn against all monsters. i don't actually have more than 1 culex, but generally, if you're 2-fodder training here, you'll want a faster build than a culex grinder. one culex grinder can be very unstable in boreal, even though it doesn't need to rally on most monsters. the situation with 130 pools builds and their redundancy if they miss is in effect here.
i've tested this. results are exactly as described. it's REALLY unstable.

-

finally, medimire fans can rest in pools.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
Nice work making this. Seems like a middle ground between my BW and CP builds with that 105 Str. How useful is 105 Str in CP? I know it's more than what's needed in BW hence my asking

But always nice seeing more Meditate builds being made :)
Nice work making this. Seems like a middle ground between my BW and CP builds with that 105 Str. How useful is 105 Str in CP? I know it's more than what's needed in BW hence my asking

But always nice seeing more Meditate builds being made :)
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
@Mohenjo not OP but 105 str lets you rally elim every non-boss thing in CP! It's been the accepted optimal STR for the venue for...gosh, since before 2016? Most CP builds use 105 str. @marketplace ooo, very interesting, and nice work! I haven't been able to finalize my own forum post yet, but I'd love to see how this stacks up against the Crystal Kingfisher, which is my name for a slightly modified 2-fodder CP trainer that uses Anticipate instead with 105 str, 68 qck, 54 vit. 11 Vit seems like it'd be super fragile in the pools considering all the scratchers, but maybe I'm just used to having a trainer that's weak to several casters, lol! My Kingfisher, if you'd like to see the build (yes she isn't the best element shhhhh) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/22354659][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/223547/22354659.png[/img][/url][/center]
@Mohenjo not OP but 105 str lets you rally elim every non-boss thing in CP! It's been the accepted optimal STR for the venue for...gosh, since before 2016? Most CP builds use 105 str.

@marketplace ooo, very interesting, and nice work! I haven't been able to finalize my own forum post yet, but I'd love to see how this stacks up against the Crystal Kingfisher, which is my name for a slightly modified 2-fodder CP trainer that uses Anticipate instead with 105 str, 68 qck, 54 vit. 11 Vit seems like it'd be super fragile in the pools considering all the scratchers, but maybe I'm just used to having a trainer that's weak to several casters, lol!

My Kingfisher, if you'd like to see the build (yes she isn't the best element shhhhh)
22354659.png
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
@PlatinumDream
Ah, thanks for the answer. I never made a dedicated CP build, so mine has HR stats since more players tend to grind there over BW (since it's faster EXP)
@PlatinumDream
Ah, thanks for the answer. I never made a dedicated CP build, so mine has HR stats since more players tend to grind there over BW (since it's faster EXP)
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
[quote name="PlatinumDream" date="2022-10-24 11:47:23" ] ooo, very interesting, and nice work! I haven't been able to finalize my own forum post yet, but I'd love to see how this stacks up against the Crystal Kingfisher, which is my name for a slightly modified 2-fodder CP trainer that uses Anticipate instead with 105 str, 68 qck, 54 vit. 11 Vit seems like it'd be super fragile in the pools considering all the scratchers, but maybe I'm just used to having a trainer that's weak to several casters, lol![/quote] it IS very fragile! but it's so fast it literally does not need vit on anything other than the bosses. you just have to worry about the bosses, which you supereffect with plague, and the first turn, where you can get hit once or twice. after that, if you make sure to meditate when you can, it's smooth sailing!
PlatinumDream wrote on 2022-10-24 11:47:23:
ooo, very interesting, and nice work! I haven't been able to finalize my own forum post yet, but I'd love to see how this stacks up against the Crystal Kingfisher, which is my name for a slightly modified 2-fodder CP trainer that uses Anticipate instead with 105 str, 68 qck, 54 vit. 11 Vit seems like it'd be super fragile in the pools considering all the scratchers, but maybe I'm just used to having a trainer that's weak to several casters, lol!
it IS very fragile! but it's so fast it literally does not need vit on anything other than the bosses. you just have to worry about the bosses, which you supereffect with plague, and the first turn, where you can get hit once or twice. after that, if you make sure to meditate when you can, it's smooth sailing!
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
This is the first time I'm seeing this, and I really want to test it out! I'll see what dragons I have on hand and get to work~
This is the first time I'm seeing this, and I really want to test it out! I'll see what dragons I have on hand and get to work~