Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [COLI] Boreal Wolfhunter (OHKO)
1 2 3
[center][size=7][b]Boreal Wolfhunter[/b][/size] • boreal woods • grinder • fodder trainer • I know there are other Boreal builds, but I got frustrated with Rallying for many of the enemies. I don’t usually use Boreal for fodder training (preferring the Mire) and constantly was forgetting who to rally for/who doesn’t need a rally to be *eliminated*. The Wolfhunter can [b]one-shot eliminate most enemies in the Boreal Woods without the need to Rally[/b], the only exceptions being the Walruses, Mammophants, Bullephants, and Yetis. The enemies the Wolfhunter can’t one shot can easily be taken down with either Rally+Elim, Shred+Elim, Sap+Elim, etc. Originally I did want to have enough strength to one-shot everything, but had to sacrifice strength points for vitality and speed. The Wolfhunter can train two fodder. When training two fodder, you might have to refresh if you get a bit unlucky or are started with a melee pack of enemies, much like the present-day Mire builds. [b]Why Anticipate?[/b] (NEW 8/8/22) Thanks to @Jeevas, I have discovered that Anticipate works very well as opposed to Scratch. You can still use Scratch, but you might need to refresh more. [img] https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/987.png[/img]
Boreal Wolfhunter
• boreal woods • grinder • fodder trainer •

I know there are other Boreal builds, but I got frustrated with Rallying for many of the enemies. I don’t usually use Boreal for fodder training (preferring the Mire) and constantly was forgetting who to rally for/who doesn’t need a rally to be *eliminated*.

The Wolfhunter can one-shot eliminate most enemies in the Boreal Woods without the need to Rally, the only exceptions being the Walruses, Mammophants, Bullephants, and Yetis. The enemies the Wolfhunter can’t one shot can easily be taken down with either Rally+Elim, Shred+Elim, Sap+Elim, etc. Originally I did want to have enough strength to one-shot everything, but had to sacrifice strength points for vitality and speed.

The Wolfhunter can train two fodder. When training two fodder, you might have to refresh if you get a bit unlucky or are started with a melee pack of enemies, much like the present-day Mire builds.

Why Anticipate? (NEW 8/8/22)
Thanks to @Jeevas, I have discovered that Anticipate works very well as opposed to Scratch. You can still use Scratch, but you might need to refresh more.

987.png
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
ice dom team & hh curator
[center][b]Stats & Stones[/b] [i]126 STR • 50 QCK • 28 VIT[/i] Any leftover points can be put in Defense or Agility. [item=anticipate] OR [item=scratch] (Anticipate recommended) [item=eliminate][item=rally][item=Haste][item=sap] [item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker] [item=ambush][item=ambush] [u][b]Alternative Ant. With Shred[/b][/u] [item=anticipate] [item=eliminate][item=rally][item=haste][item=shred] [item=berserker][item=berserker][item=berserker] [item=ambush][item=ambush] [/center] [i][b]What about Elemental Debuff/Buff Stones?[/b][/i] If you’re using a Fire, etc. trainer instead of Plague then you might be able to have Sear, etc. instead of Clobber/Haste/Shred/Slash, just in case. I didn’t add it into the list as I haven’t tested it yet (and Plague’s effect, Virus, would have no use in the long run). Shred and Sap are all up to personal preference. I prefer Sap to regain HP. [b]Yeti Update 2022[/b] I am currently figuring out the best way to deal with yetis, as I've seen with Anticipate, you have to Rally+Sap+Elim. Which does work and allow you to gain health back, but it comes down to preference. [center] Here’s my Wolfhunter, Zeldris, for reference! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72751981][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/727520/72751981_350.png[/img][/url]
Stats & Stones

126 STR • 50 QCK • 28 VIT

Any leftover points can be put in Defense or Agility.

Anticipate OR Scratch
(Anticipate recommended)
Eliminate Rally Haste Sap
Berserker Berserker Berserker
Ambush Ambush

Alternative Ant. With Shred
Anticipate
Eliminate Rally Haste Shred
Berserker Berserker Berserker
Ambush Ambush

What about Elemental Debuff/Buff Stones?
If you’re using a Fire, etc. trainer instead of Plague then you might be able to have Sear, etc. instead of Clobber/Haste/Shred/Slash, just in case. I didn’t add it into the list as I haven’t tested it yet (and Plague’s effect, Virus, would have no use in the long run).

Shred and Sap are all up to personal preference. I prefer Sap to regain HP.

Yeti Update 2022
I am currently figuring out the best way to deal with yetis, as I've seen with Anticipate, you have to Rally+Sap+Elim. Which does work and allow you to gain health back, but it comes down to preference.

Here’s my Wolfhunter, Zeldris, for reference!
72751981_350.png
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
[center][b]Preferred Element[/b] [b]Best:[/b] Plague [b]Good:[/b] Lightning, Fire, Shadow [b]Doable:[/b] Any Other Element [b]Bad:[/b] Water, Earth [img] https://i.imgur.com/lLliwWS.png[/img]
Preferred Element

Best: Plague
Good: Lightning, Fire, Shadow
Doable: Any Other Element
Bad: Water, Earth

lLliwWS.png
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
In the Woods
Enemies You Can
One-Shot Elim
xxxxx Longneck Wanderer
Treehorn Wolpertinger
Wolpertinger
Black Wolf
Bramblecrown Stoat
Deadwood Strangler
Elk
xxx Frosttangle Strangler
Glassbound Gustvul
Glassbound Solarvul
Hoarfrost Mauler
Longneck Hunter
xxx Maned Rasa
Nochnyr
Pebblehide Stoat
Permafrost Impaler
Poultrygeist
Shalebuck
Snowfall Elk
Snowy Owlynx
Squall Rasa
Teardrop Owlynx
Venerable Shalebuck
Winter Wolf
Woodland Turkey

Walruses
All Walruses need are either Rally+Elim or Sap+Elim.

Mammophants/Bullephants
All these guys need are Rally+Elim or Sap+Elim.

Yetis
With the Anticipate, Yetis will need a Rally + Sap + Elim - Rally+Elim doesn't quite do it as opposed to Scratch. I am currently in the middle of testing to make this more viable, but Sap does it's job well and can help you restore HP!
—————

Tips & Tricks

First Turn:
• If you get a PHYSICAL pack first, rally, haste, then anticipate.
• IF you get a MAGE pack first, anticipate or rally, haste, then anticipate.
• you can also spam anticipate three times tbh.

From there:
• keep using anticipate to build up breath. Haste is there to try to possibly get you more turns to do this, depending on the opponent.
• once you get enough breath, use eliminate!

With opponent dodging:
• if you’re low on breath, haste + anticipate. Unless you’re also low on health, then I suggest refreshing. I haven’t seen this to be too big of a problem except against the enemies Wolfhunter can’t OHKO with Elim w/out Rally.

Feel free to ask to add your own comments/tips, etc. here as well! I’m willing to test some things out myself.
In the Woods
Enemies You Can
One-Shot Elim
xxxxx Longneck Wanderer
Treehorn Wolpertinger
Wolpertinger
Black Wolf
Bramblecrown Stoat
Deadwood Strangler
Elk
xxx Frosttangle Strangler
Glassbound Gustvul
Glassbound Solarvul
Hoarfrost Mauler
Longneck Hunter
xxx Maned Rasa
Nochnyr
Pebblehide Stoat
Permafrost Impaler
Poultrygeist
Shalebuck
Snowfall Elk
Snowy Owlynx
Squall Rasa
Teardrop Owlynx
Venerable Shalebuck
Winter Wolf
Woodland Turkey

Walruses
All Walruses need are either Rally+Elim or Sap+Elim.

Mammophants/Bullephants
All these guys need are Rally+Elim or Sap+Elim.

Yetis
With the Anticipate, Yetis will need a Rally + Sap + Elim - Rally+Elim doesn't quite do it as opposed to Scratch. I am currently in the middle of testing to make this more viable, but Sap does it's job well and can help you restore HP!
—————

Tips & Tricks

First Turn:
• If you get a PHYSICAL pack first, rally, haste, then anticipate.
• IF you get a MAGE pack first, anticipate or rally, haste, then anticipate.
• you can also spam anticipate three times tbh.

From there:
• keep using anticipate to build up breath. Haste is there to try to possibly get you more turns to do this, depending on the opponent.
• once you get enough breath, use eliminate!

With opponent dodging:
• if you’re low on breath, haste + anticipate. Unless you’re also low on health, then I suggest refreshing. I haven’t seen this to be too big of a problem except against the enemies Wolfhunter can’t OHKO with Elim w/out Rally.

Feel free to ask to add your own comments/tips, etc. here as well! I’m willing to test some things out myself.
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
Credits

@/Amayai - Simple Element per Venue

@/Jeevas for the anticipate trick!

A HUGE thank you to @/Sylvandyr for their Coli Stat Preview Tool and Coli Skills Chart & Monsters. I consulted this *numerous* times.

Looking for other Boreal Builds? Try…
Mohenjo’s Boreal Banisher
Maki’s Boreal Trainer
Credits

@/Amayai - Simple Element per Venue

@/Jeevas for the anticipate trick!

A HUGE thank you to @/Sylvandyr for their Coli Stat Preview Tool and Coli Skills Chart & Monsters. I consulted this *numerous* times.

Looking for other Boreal Builds? Try…
Mohenjo’s Boreal Banisher
Maki’s Boreal Trainer
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
— reserved —
— reserved —
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
— reserved —
— reserved —
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
Nice!
Thanks for putting this up
Nice!
Thanks for putting this up
oY137o1.png 7kCMllO.gif63H9Cdn.gif
@Growltiger no problem!

So far I have found it useful to training two fodder, even without Rally (as Zeldris doesn’t have theirs yet).
@Growltiger no problem!

So far I have found it useful to training two fodder, even without Rally (as Zeldris doesn’t have theirs yet).
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
Alright, I’ve done some testing! (Zeldris found a Rally in Bamboo Falls today)

The Wolfhunter can train two fodder, but as I predicted, you might have to refresh with the following conditions:
- enemies keep dodging
- you start off with a walrus/yeti/mammophant/Bullephant pack
- enemies keep getting crits
Nothing too different from any other venue to be honest :)
Alright, I’ve done some testing! (Zeldris found a Rally in Bamboo Falls today)

The Wolfhunter can train two fodder, but as I predicted, you might have to refresh with the following conditions:
- enemies keep dodging
- you start off with a walrus/yeti/mammophant/Bullephant pack
- enemies keep getting crits
Nothing too different from any other venue to be honest :)
kWwfqJE.png
Alphias
~ they/them ~ +0 frt ~

skin & accent shop
adopt shop

ftu bio codes & assets
ice dom shop
ftu sheets!
a5suXBk.png
1 2 3