Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [COLI] Mire Interns — a modest stopgap
1 2 3
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/mkRupFf.png[/img][/center] The mire update just dropped, there are deadly armadillos harshing your mellow, and there's a festival and a dominance battle on the horizon. Tinctures just hit 70g in the auction house, and you're staring down your hibden full of hatchlings with apprehension. What is a simple trainer to do, in moments like these? Why, hire an intern, of course! Allow me to present a few [i]temporary solutions[/i] to your problem to help you farm for the next few weeks until the Coli Gods figure out what kind of minmaxed stats are going to work well in the mire post-update! [rule] [b][size=5]UPDATE (2021-10-24 05:02:19): With the VIT nerf of the armadillos, 120 STR is now enough to rally + elim every enemy. I recommend @Yuubi's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3068799]Mire Fisher 120STR build[/url] ![/b][/size] [rule] [u][b]Intern option one: The Soft and Squishy[/b][/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aIUVQ53.jpg[/img] So, you have a tincture on hand and you just want your old rhythm back. You're not trying to level past five or six and keeping your flyer alive isn't the priority- you just need to level, and FAST! Well never fear. Every enemy in the mire (yes, even those scary lil fungus armadillos) will be downed with a single rallied elim so long as your squishy flyer has 123 STR. I personally recommend refreshing on three-physical starting packs, and for this build it would be recommended to use [b]Arcane, Lightning, or Earth[/b] as your dragon is already going to be [i]quite[/i] a bit squishier than usual, seeing as adding four strength has dragged down both the QCK and VIT of your flyer down quite a bit. [b]PROS: [/b]No playstyle changes! Keep rollin' as per usual with your Mire Flyer! [b]CONS: [/b]You're going to have a lot more restarts and deaths if you aren't careful. I would really not recommend trying to level above LVL5, or maaaaybe LVL6 with this build. [rule] [u][b]Intern option two: The Sodden Raiders[/b][/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/3ObZ335.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/q97w4wf.jpg[/img] Okay, so, you're tired of refreshing, you don't want to buy tinctures, and ideally, you'd like to not have to re-tincture your coli dergs in two weeks once someone figures out the [i]real[/i] optimized build for the new Mire. Not to mention, you don't even have a coli dragon that's arcane/lightning.... those cute slime puppies are going to drive you insane. Well here's an option that is friendly to any element, won't require a tincture change in a few weeks, AND can be used in one of the other best venues for fodder grinding- that's right, it's a Ghostlight Ruins team, here to save the day! By using [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2082664]Chrisondra's amazing GLR single-fodder team[/url] in the new updated Mire, you not only prevent yourself from needing to retincture dragons later, but also give yourself a speedy option that can be used in either the Ghostlight Ruins OR in the Mire! Another bonus: this build does NOT require the use of rally, which has a lengthy animation (yes, even with reduced animations turned on) and is typically a pricey stone. Even better: if you have two pre-stoned 119 mire flyers laying around, you can use the two of them the same way that you would use Chrisondra's 122/118 team. They'll be slightly squishier, but they'll work just as well! Just scratch-elim every enemy in your path, and feel the power of zooming dragons up to level 5, 6, 7, and onwards with ease! And in a few weeks, when we're all back to listening to Maki and Sylv's sage coli advice, you can just throw your team in the GLR and they'll be happy as pie! [b]PROS: [/b]Buff, tuff, and don't require a lot of new stuff! Reduce, reuse, recycle. [b]CONS: [/b]This is a single-fodder, two-trainer team setup. So, in theory, 1/2 the speed. In practice it's actually still incredibly fast: there's almost no refreshing needed, and your team can go MUCH further with two trainers than with one. [rule] [u][b]Intern option three: Just Keeping Hitting[/b][/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/WpZxM8p.jpg[/img] Things might seem scary right now, change always is. But your 119 Mire Flyer still works, you just need to.... keep hitting. For the [b]Furry Fiddle, Muckbottom Catfish, Fungal Garden, and Armored Colony[/b], you just need to hit them with a scratch before hitting them with an elim. Yes, it messes up the rhythm and you're really going to want to refresh if you get them in a 3-pack to start, but otherwise.... it'll be okay! Soon this uncertain time will fade, like a bad dream.... [rule] Edit: Another thing to note is that the build I have for my Mire Flyer here is NOT the only option that works! @BlueLatios noted that a 119STR/64QCK/30VIT works well and is significantly tankier against all those physical attackers! @Delotha and @Archaeoraptor also noted that using Haste can assist with the lowered QCK in both 119/64/30 builds as well as in the squishy 123 builds! I look forward to seeing if haste becomes standard in single-trainer teams.
mkRupFf.png
The mire update just dropped, there are deadly armadillos harshing your mellow, and there's a festival and a dominance battle on the horizon. Tinctures just hit 70g in the auction house, and you're staring down your hibden full of hatchlings with apprehension. What is a simple trainer to do, in moments like these?

Why, hire an intern, of course!

Allow me to present a few temporary solutions to your problem to help you farm for the next few weeks until the Coli Gods figure out what kind of minmaxed stats are going to work well in the mire post-update!

UPDATE (2021-10-24 05:02:19):

With the VIT nerf of the armadillos, 120 STR is now enough to rally + elim every enemy.

I recommend @Yuubi's Mire Fisher 120STR build !

Intern option one: The Soft and Squishy

aIUVQ53.jpg

So, you have a tincture on hand and you just want your old rhythm back. You're not trying to level past five or six and keeping your flyer alive isn't the priority- you just need to level, and FAST!

Well never fear. Every enemy in the mire (yes, even those scary lil fungus armadillos) will be downed with a single rallied elim so long as your squishy flyer has 123 STR. I personally recommend refreshing on three-physical starting packs, and for this build it would be recommended to use Arcane, Lightning, or Earth as your dragon is already going to be quite a bit squishier than usual, seeing as adding four strength has dragged down both the QCK and VIT of your flyer down quite a bit.

PROS: No playstyle changes! Keep rollin' as per usual with your Mire Flyer!

CONS: You're going to have a lot more restarts and deaths if you aren't careful. I would really not recommend trying to level above LVL5, or maaaaybe LVL6 with this build.

Intern option two: The Sodden Raiders

3ObZ335.jpg
q97w4wf.jpg

Okay, so, you're tired of refreshing, you don't want to buy tinctures, and ideally, you'd like to not have to re-tincture your coli dergs in two weeks once someone figures out the real optimized build for the new Mire. Not to mention, you don't even have a coli dragon that's arcane/lightning.... those cute slime puppies are going to drive you insane.

Well here's an option that is friendly to any element, won't require a tincture change in a few weeks, AND can be used in one of the other best venues for fodder grinding- that's right, it's a Ghostlight Ruins team, here to save the day!

By using Chrisondra's amazing GLR single-fodder team in the new updated Mire, you not only prevent yourself from needing to retincture dragons later, but also give yourself a speedy option that can be used in either the Ghostlight Ruins OR in the Mire!

Another bonus: this build does NOT require the use of rally, which has a lengthy animation (yes, even with reduced animations turned on) and is typically a pricey stone.

Even better: if you have two pre-stoned 119 mire flyers laying around, you can use the two of them the same way that you would use Chrisondra's 122/118 team. They'll be slightly squishier, but they'll work just as well! Just scratch-elim every enemy in your path, and feel the power of zooming dragons up to level 5, 6, 7, and onwards with ease!

And in a few weeks, when we're all back to listening to Maki and Sylv's sage coli advice, you can just throw your team in the GLR and they'll be happy as pie!

PROS: Buff, tuff, and don't require a lot of new stuff! Reduce, reuse, recycle.

CONS: This is a single-fodder, two-trainer team setup. So, in theory, 1/2 the speed. In practice it's actually still incredibly fast: there's almost no refreshing needed, and your team can go MUCH further with two trainers than with one.

Intern option three: Just Keeping Hitting

WpZxM8p.jpg

Things might seem scary right now, change always is. But your 119 Mire Flyer still works, you just need to.... keep hitting. For the Furry Fiddle, Muckbottom Catfish, Fungal Garden, and Armored Colony, you just need to hit them with a scratch before hitting them with an elim. Yes, it messes up the rhythm and you're really going to want to refresh if you get them in a 3-pack to start, but otherwise.... it'll be okay! Soon this uncertain time will fade, like a bad dream....

Edit: Another thing to note is that the build I have for my Mire Flyer here is NOT the only option that works! @BlueLatios noted that a 119STR/64QCK/30VIT works well and is significantly tankier against all those physical attackers!

@Delotha and @Archaeoraptor also noted that using Haste can assist with the lowered QCK in both 119/64/30 builds as well as in the squishy 123 builds! I look forward to seeing if haste becomes standard in single-trainer teams.
cinnamonsmall.png 9Ts3Q4r.png
JvUa9ma.png
mjtJ868.png
WI7lnRZ.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reserved just in case....
Reserved just in case....
JvUa9ma.png
mjtJ868.png
WI7lnRZ.png
Please feel free to leave input/advice, I will continue to keep this list updated as the coli geniuses keep min-maxing new builds!
Please feel free to leave input/advice, I will continue to keep this list updated as the coli geniuses keep min-maxing new builds!
JvUa9ma.png
mjtJ868.png
WI7lnRZ.png
Thanks for posting this!
Thanks for posting this!
rantFRD.png
[quote name="Dwemeri" date="2021-10-23 03:09:59" ] Thanks for posting this! [/quote] Absolutely! Please let me know if you have crit or suggestions after trying any of them!
Dwemeri wrote on 2021-10-23 03:09:59:
Thanks for posting this!

Absolutely! Please let me know if you have crit or suggestions after trying any of them!
JvUa9ma.png
mjtJ868.png
WI7lnRZ.png
Option 3 go brrr
For some reason, my 119 STR trainer has 30 VIT and 64 QCK, which seems to be optimal for some reason. The good part of the new enemies is that they don't have STR as high as the Scythe Kamaitachis and the difference between 29 and 30 VIT is that you can endure one extra scratch from them (especially when you start with a 3 Scythe Kamaitachi encounter). They're still as fast, so my suggestion would be to equip Haste to get more breath (and potentially more turns) to use Scratch and Eliminate.

Ofc there are unlucky times where my dragons simply lose to physical attackers because of enemies dodging and them landing crit hits, so luck still plays a role. But to note: using this build has more survivability which is not usually important when you'll be plowing your way through the Mire. I stick to this build because I like facing the Wartoads and I'm already comfortable with this build.

Just adding my comments on this! One thing for sure is that Mire Flyer, or even Mire itself may no longer be the top pick for leveling dragons.
Option 3 go brrr
For some reason, my 119 STR trainer has 30 VIT and 64 QCK, which seems to be optimal for some reason. The good part of the new enemies is that they don't have STR as high as the Scythe Kamaitachis and the difference between 29 and 30 VIT is that you can endure one extra scratch from them (especially when you start with a 3 Scythe Kamaitachi encounter). They're still as fast, so my suggestion would be to equip Haste to get more breath (and potentially more turns) to use Scratch and Eliminate.

Ofc there are unlucky times where my dragons simply lose to physical attackers because of enemies dodging and them landing crit hits, so luck still plays a role. But to note: using this build has more survivability which is not usually important when you'll be plowing your way through the Mire. I stick to this build because I like facing the Wartoads and I'm already comfortable with this build.

Just adding my comments on this! One thing for sure is that Mire Flyer, or even Mire itself may no longer be the top pick for leveling dragons.
OoOooOo! Spooky text~
@BlueLatios

Such good advice!!

There have been a multitude of different VIT/QCK breakdowns on Mire Flyers since the last major coli update that made the 117 flyer less popular. The advantage of 69 QCK is that the order doesn’t change regardless of the enemies in the starting pack. Ultimately, the difference is minimal, and made even less clear now that there are several new enemy types. I think going with 64QCK/30VIT is a great concession to the changes in the Mire- that being said, I really agree with your last sentiment:

The Mire is np longer going to be miles ahead of other venues in terms of efficiency and ease of leveling. I’m excited to see the breakdown of just how much slower option one and three are compared to our old 119 flyer data, and I personally suspect we’re going to see a big enough shift that folks might be moving in the direction of using two-trainer/single-fodder teams in the Mire, much like what is popular in GLR.

However, there’s also some serious potential in an Anticipate build for the Mire becoming popular: it will help reduce the squish on a 120/123STR build while still keeping 2-fod training available. Not to mention most of yhe new enemies are physical attackers, which is ideal for starting packs with anticipate builds.

Thanks for your input, friend. c:
@BlueLatios

Such good advice!!

There have been a multitude of different VIT/QCK breakdowns on Mire Flyers since the last major coli update that made the 117 flyer less popular. The advantage of 69 QCK is that the order doesn’t change regardless of the enemies in the starting pack. Ultimately, the difference is minimal, and made even less clear now that there are several new enemy types. I think going with 64QCK/30VIT is a great concession to the changes in the Mire- that being said, I really agree with your last sentiment:

The Mire is np longer going to be miles ahead of other venues in terms of efficiency and ease of leveling. I’m excited to see the breakdown of just how much slower option one and three are compared to our old 119 flyer data, and I personally suspect we’re going to see a big enough shift that folks might be moving in the direction of using two-trainer/single-fodder teams in the Mire, much like what is popular in GLR.

However, there’s also some serious potential in an Anticipate build for the Mire becoming popular: it will help reduce the squish on a 120/123STR build while still keeping 2-fod training available. Not to mention most of yhe new enemies are physical attackers, which is ideal for starting packs with anticipate builds.

Thanks for your input, friend. c:
JvUa9ma.png
mjtJ868.png
WI7lnRZ.png
For the 119 Str built, a Rally isn't necessary for Furry Fiddle, Murkbottom Catfish, Armored Colony, or Fungus Garden. A Scratch + Eliminate will do the job, without wasting a turn on a Rally.

I would suggest casting Haste at the beginning, since these enemies are still fast and you can get in an extra turn to use another Scratch or even a Sap before you Eliminate the last one. Haste or no Haste, there's no getting around the fact that one enemy is going to get two goes at your dragons before you can kill them, so why not build up breath or health while you're at it?

It'll go:
Haste
Scratch
Eliminate Enemy 1
Scratch
Enemy 2
Enemy 3
Eliminate Enemy 2
Scratch
Enemy 3
Scratch/Sap (depending on if you need breath or health more)
Eliminate Enemy 3

Edit: My rude self forgot to say thank you so much for this guide! It's actually really helpful!
For the 119 Str built, a Rally isn't necessary for Furry Fiddle, Murkbottom Catfish, Armored Colony, or Fungus Garden. A Scratch + Eliminate will do the job, without wasting a turn on a Rally.

I would suggest casting Haste at the beginning, since these enemies are still fast and you can get in an extra turn to use another Scratch or even a Sap before you Eliminate the last one. Haste or no Haste, there's no getting around the fact that one enemy is going to get two goes at your dragons before you can kill them, so why not build up breath or health while you're at it?

It'll go:
Haste
Scratch
Eliminate Enemy 1
Scratch
Enemy 2
Enemy 3
Eliminate Enemy 2
Scratch
Enemy 3
Scratch/Sap (depending on if you need breath or health more)
Eliminate Enemy 3

Edit: My rude self forgot to say thank you so much for this guide! It's actually really helpful!
ZqykQT5.pngmHwnQKP.pngfgbtR64.png
@nahum glad to share my thoughts! Funny thing is I've been training a lot of dragons with the old 117 STR build before I know that I've been following an old build XD glad to have a new level 25 bought from kind people, and restatted to use the 119 build (after doing some math thanks to various guides on damage calculation in Guides section whether I should use DEF at all), the new enemies remind me of my old ways of Haste then Scratch-Eliminate Mossy Cerdae and Brilliant Psywurms. The difference is that the new enemies are physical attackers, but the situation is not too different from facing 3 physical attackers at the beginning, just hoping they'd not target your trainers XD

I'd like to comment that there will be more gamble with Anticipate build. Although most of the new enemies are indeed physical attackers, Mire itself already has quite a lot of mages, and it doesn't help that one of those mages is a Salve Kamaitachi, seen in several packs. I'm not sure whether it'll be as great as in Ghostlight Ruins where 4-enemy packs are more common.

I'd also be curious to know how it goes. I heard Kelp Beds also works quite well, I wonder whether training there would be as good or even better than the current Mire.

(On another note, I'll stick to solo trainers. My internet is slow in leaving venue, entering team select, change team then back to main menu, then selecting venue again :'v )
@nahum glad to share my thoughts! Funny thing is I've been training a lot of dragons with the old 117 STR build before I know that I've been following an old build XD glad to have a new level 25 bought from kind people, and restatted to use the 119 build (after doing some math thanks to various guides on damage calculation in Guides section whether I should use DEF at all), the new enemies remind me of my old ways of Haste then Scratch-Eliminate Mossy Cerdae and Brilliant Psywurms. The difference is that the new enemies are physical attackers, but the situation is not too different from facing 3 physical attackers at the beginning, just hoping they'd not target your trainers XD

I'd like to comment that there will be more gamble with Anticipate build. Although most of the new enemies are indeed physical attackers, Mire itself already has quite a lot of mages, and it doesn't help that one of those mages is a Salve Kamaitachi, seen in several packs. I'm not sure whether it'll be as great as in Ghostlight Ruins where 4-enemy packs are more common.

I'd also be curious to know how it goes. I heard Kelp Beds also works quite well, I wonder whether training there would be as good or even better than the current Mire.

(On another note, I'll stick to solo trainers. My internet is slow in leaving venue, entering team select, change team then back to main menu, then selecting venue again :'v )
OoOooOo! Spooky text~
thank you for the guide!
i've been using a meditate build with the 123str build's stats. haste elim rally & sap. been working well for me
thank you for the guide!
i've been using a meditate build with the 123str build's stats. haste elim rally & sap. been working well for me
Bvx01xY.png
[ it/its or xe/xem ] [ VOLT teams banner by drytil ]
1 2 3