Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Dragon Population + Exalt Datas
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
[center][size=7][b]Dragon Population Datas[/b][/size] [size=6][b]What is this?[/b][/size] [size=4]Just for fun, I used to collect the dates of special ID hatches to vaguely project when the next one would be. At some point I went back and found a few dates and ID numbers from even earlier on the site. But more recently I worked out I could get more extensive dragon population data from dragon search, so here we are now. New data is collected weekly![/size] [emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1][size=5][b]Important Info[/b][/size][emoji=rainbow star 2 size=1] [emoji=ping size=1][size=4] Data is by dragon element, not by player flight.[/size] [emoji=ping size=1][size=4] Exaltation stats for dragon element are Not the same as player flight exaltation stats. Anyone can buy a dragon and exalt it. Anyone can buy a dragon and keep it.[/size] [emoji=ping size=1][size=4] ID projections are based on averages and should not be taken as guarantees. Discrepancies between the projection and actual ID are usually in the tens of thousands in either direction.[/size] [emoji=ping size=1][size=4] New player estimate is very approximate. It can’t count players who for whatever reason do not make it through creating their progens. If you are interested in player populations, see [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1194822/1]squidragon’s flight population datas.[/url][/size][/center]
Dragon Population Datas

What is this?

Just for fun, I used to collect the dates of special ID hatches to vaguely project when the next one would be. At some point I went back and found a few dates and ID numbers from even earlier on the site. But more recently I worked out I could get more extensive dragon population data from dragon search, so here we are now. New data is collected weekly!

Important Info

Data is by dragon element, not by player flight.

Exaltation stats for dragon element are Not the same as player flight exaltation stats. Anyone can buy a dragon and exalt it. Anyone can buy a dragon and keep it.

ID projections are based on averages and should not be taken as guarantees. Discrepancies between the projection and actual ID are usually in the tens of thousands in either direction.

New player estimate is very approximate. It can’t count players who for whatever reason do not make it through creating their progens. If you are interested in player populations, see squidragon’s flight population datas.
smaller_2_by_devibrigard-db1jw11.png
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot doot doot
doot doot doot doot doot
Latest Observations

see the spreadsheet:

SPREADSHEET
Latest Observations

see the spreadsheet:

SPREADSHEET
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
Dragon Search Links

Wondering what the numbers are at Right Now?
Follow the dragon search links to find out!

all dragons

total | unnamed | first generation
earth | fire | wind | water | shadow | ice | lightning | light | nature | plague | arcane

exalted dragons

earth | fire | wind | water | shadow | ice | lightning | light | nature | plague | arcane

progenitor dragons

total | unnamed | exalted

eternally youthful dragons

Dragon Search Links

Wondering what the numbers are at Right Now?
Follow the dragon search links to find out!

all dragons

exalted dragons

progenitor dragons

total | unnamed | exalted

eternally youthful dragons

FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
[center][emoji=blue star size=1][size=6][b]FAQ[/b][/size][emoji=blue star size=1][/center] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Y tho?[/b][/size] [size=4]Idk, seemed interesting. Datas, yay[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]How do you collect the data?[/b][/size] [size=4]I have an alarm set on my phone for the end of rollover at the end of the week. I then take each search string from the spreadsheet, paste it into my browser and copy the resulting number into the spreadsheet. The time this takes varies, e.g. if I have other things to complete first, or if I have to do it on mobile it can take a few hours longer.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Why collect so many weeks of data before making the thread?[/b][/size] [size=4]I wanted to collect data for a while to make sure I could commit to doing it before putting it out there for everyone else to look at.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Why don’t you collect data for how many dragons there are of each breed, gene or eye type?[/b][/size] [size=4]My wrists would hate me, more than they already do, and the spreadsheet would be a mess. Yes it would be interesting to know, but it is not practical to collect everything. Sometimes I question even collecting everything by dragon element. It's kind of a lot.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Why don’t the numbers exactly add up to the totals?[/b][/size] [size=4]Each data point is collected by hand, so there is some delta between the first number being recorded and the last. The population can change slightly during this time, as people continue to play.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Why are some of the numbers bolded? What does it mean?[/b][/size] [size=4]The numbers on the dragon search page are bolded, and sometimes google sheets decides to keep that formatting when the number is pasted. Formatting will be cleared periodically.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Why does this one cell have a formula in it instead of a pasted number?[/b][/size] [size=4]Occasionally I end up with the wrong number copied into a cell and don’t notice until it is too late to replace the data. In these cases, the number is approximated by subtracting all the others from the total to find the missing value.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]What does Δ mean? [/b][/size] [size=4]Δ is delta or [i]change in[/i] a value. These values could be negative because they're [i]A - B[/i] and [i]B[/i] might maybe be bigger than [i]A[/i] someday.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]What even is this flight order? [/b][/size] [size=4]Elements are listed in order of deity ID number. Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, [s]heart[/s] Shadow[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Have you considered using x tool to collect the data automatically?[/b][/size] [size=4]No, that would break ToS and I have no interest in being banned, sorry.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]What do the coloured lines mean?[/b][/size] [size=4]Those are the elemental festivals, highlighted so you can see the impact of the previous week’s dominance push.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Why don’t you mark all the dominance pushes on the spreadsheet?[/b][/size] [size=4]Cross-referencing with Dom Watch is kind of a lot, with multiple flights doing different types of pushes every week. You can look up specific weeks yourself if you’re interested, but if I have to go hunting for additional information, this whole thing just isn’t gonna happen.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]What is the nonsense chart?[/b][/size] [size=4]It plots the id numbers on the id data tab against the dates they were hatched and adds a trend line. It won’t let me fix the scales to make it easier to read, but it doesn’t really say anything that the id data tab doesn’t, so its kinda just There being useless. Feel free to ignore it.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Y do u keep saying datas? Do you know that's not how that word works?[/b][/size] [size=4]I know, I just don't care.[/size] [emoji=snowflake size=1][size=4] [b]Your dragons are starving, are you still active?[/b][/size] [size=4]No, but I’m here anyway.[/size]
FAQ

Y tho?
Idk, seemed interesting. Datas, yay

How do you collect the data?
I have an alarm set on my phone for the end of rollover at the end of the week. I then take each search string from the spreadsheet, paste it into my browser and copy the resulting number into the spreadsheet. The time this takes varies, e.g. if I have other things to complete first, or if I have to do it on mobile it can take a few hours longer.

Why collect so many weeks of data before making the thread?
I wanted to collect data for a while to make sure I could commit to doing it before putting it out there for everyone else to look at.

Why don’t you collect data for how many dragons there are of each breed, gene or eye type?
My wrists would hate me, more than they already do, and the spreadsheet would be a mess. Yes it would be interesting to know, but it is not practical to collect everything. Sometimes I question even collecting everything by dragon element. It's kind of a lot.

Why don’t the numbers exactly add up to the totals?
Each data point is collected by hand, so there is some delta between the first number being recorded and the last. The population can change slightly during this time, as people continue to play.

Why are some of the numbers bolded? What does it mean?
The numbers on the dragon search page are bolded, and sometimes google sheets decides to keep that formatting when the number is pasted. Formatting will be cleared periodically.

Why does this one cell have a formula in it instead of a pasted number?
Occasionally I end up with the wrong number copied into a cell and don’t notice until it is too late to replace the data. In these cases, the number is approximated by subtracting all the others from the total to find the missing value.

What does Δ mean?
Δ is delta or change in a value. These values could be negative because they're A - B and B might maybe be bigger than A someday.

What even is this flight order?
Elements are listed in order of deity ID number. Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, heart Shadow

Have you considered using x tool to collect the data automatically?
No, that would break ToS and I have no interest in being banned, sorry.

What do the coloured lines mean?
Those are the elemental festivals, highlighted so you can see the impact of the previous week’s dominance push.

Why don’t you mark all the dominance pushes on the spreadsheet?
Cross-referencing with Dom Watch is kind of a lot, with multiple flights doing different types of pushes every week. You can look up specific weeks yourself if you’re interested, but if I have to go hunting for additional information, this whole thing just isn’t gonna happen.

What is the nonsense chart?
It plots the id numbers on the id data tab against the dates they were hatched and adds a trend line. It won’t let me fix the scales to make it easier to read, but it doesn’t really say anything that the id data tab doesn’t, so its kinda just There being useless. Feel free to ignore it.

Y do u keep saying datas? Do you know that's not how that word works?
I know, I just don't care.

Your dragons are starving, are you still active?
No, but I’m here anyway.
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
status

October 10, 2023: Now with pinglists!

August 14, 2023: We have a new spreadsheet link because the old copy decided to be view only for mystery reasons. It took me a while to update because editing on mobile is a pain. Also hoping it would fix itself. We r just going with the new copy now.

September 19, 2021: Fixed a spreadsheet error where the bb code tables were displaying average progens exalted instead of average progens created. Posts made before this date will carry this error.

August 1, 2021: Updated data display for better legibility. Y code in forums no display the same as bio tests. Size remains an issue. Requires further testing. Font size upped by 1 level, should be Somewhat more legible. May yet experiment on whether it can take even larger sizes without breaking the columns.

July 26, 2021: thread may require some minor error checking (do all the links go to the right place? Did I pull all the right cells for the weekly data update?). Text sizing for the weekly update may need to be adjusted, turns out it is smaller in a thread than it is in a bio. Contemplating extra fields to add to the weekly update, e.g. exalt percentages. but otherwise, you have a new thread, ready to roll.

status

October 10, 2023: Now with pinglists!

August 14, 2023: We have a new spreadsheet link because the old copy decided to be view only for mystery reasons. It took me a while to update because editing on mobile is a pain. Also hoping it would fix itself. We r just going with the new copy now.

September 19, 2021: Fixed a spreadsheet error where the bb code tables were displaying average progens exalted instead of average progens created. Posts made before this date will carry this error.

August 1, 2021: Updated data display for better legibility. Y code in forums no display the same as bio tests. Size remains an issue. Requires further testing. Font size upped by 1 level, should be Somewhat more legible. May yet experiment on whether it can take even larger sizes without breaking the columns.

July 26, 2021: thread may require some minor error checking (do all the links go to the right place? Did I pull all the right cells for the weekly data update?). Text sizing for the weekly update may need to be adjusted, turns out it is smaller in a thread than it is in a bio. Contemplating extra fields to add to the weekly update, e.g. exalt percentages. but otherwise, you have a new thread, ready to roll.

FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
Pinglists

Now that the pinglist system is a thing you can join these two pinglists!

Pinglists

Now that the pinglist system is a thing you can join these two pinglists!

FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
reserve
reserve
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot