Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Where to gather?
Say you are in need of a particular resource that's obtained through gathering. For instance, maybe you want some hazel harvest apparel, so you look up where to find blackberries: foraging in Fire, Nature, or Shadow. Great, but you're still left with three regions to choose between. So... which one do you choose?

Since I ask this question a lot, I put together a spreadsheet to answer it. It's for my own personal use, so it doesn't include some information (like gathering level necessary to find an item) that isn't useful to me. But it is a quick way to see what's available that might be useful from a given region and gathering type: materials for Swipp trades, alchemy recipes, and hibden slots, as well as familiars that you can only get through gathering.

The way I use it is, I look up the item in the "item by type" or "items A-Z" tab so I know where it's found, then check those squares in the master "GATHERING INFO" grid to see which region has other items available I might be interested in.

You're also free to copy the sheet and use the data for other things or add information to it, although I'd appreciate a credit if you share it because all this data entry was a lot of work!

Questions or comments below, I'm subscribed so no need to ping. Hope the link works.
Say you are in need of a particular resource that's obtained through gathering. For instance, maybe you want some hazel harvest apparel, so you look up where to find blackberries: foraging in Fire, Nature, or Shadow. Great, but you're still left with three regions to choose between. So... which one do you choose?

Since I ask this question a lot, I put together a spreadsheet to answer it. It's for my own personal use, so it doesn't include some information (like gathering level necessary to find an item) that isn't useful to me. But it is a quick way to see what's available that might be useful from a given region and gathering type: materials for Swipp trades, alchemy recipes, and hibden slots, as well as familiars that you can only get through gathering.

The way I use it is, I look up the item in the "item by type" or "items A-Z" tab so I know where it's found, then check those squares in the master "GATHERING INFO" grid to see which region has other items available I might be interested in.

You're also free to copy the sheet and use the data for other things or add information to it, although I'd appreciate a credit if you share it because all this data entry was a lot of work!

Questions or comments below, I'm subscribed so no need to ping. Hope the link works.
forumsig1.pngforumsig2.pngforumsig3.pngforumsig4.pngforumsig5.png
Thank you for this. I was surprised how difficult it was to figure this out using the database. One would think clicking a region in the database would show this info, but alas, it just leads to gathering.
Thank you for this. I was surprised how difficult it was to figure this out using the database. One would think clicking a region in the database would show this info, but alas, it just leads to gathering.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
g7wLQz3.gifjhqsk9S.png