Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Nesting Planner Sheet
[sup][b]UPDATE: 09 October [/b]I have added a column on the schedule page to insert the number of days for the pairs cooldown. Now the date columns DONT need editing what so ever; they will pull from the cooldown period specified to generate the next date.[/sup] Hey y'all! I LOVE using google sheets to make my life here on FR a more seamless experience. Seeing as I run a hatchery as well, having a sheet to remind me when to breed pairs in particular (and track what nests I'm renting for them) it just made sense to put together a schedule. [center][size=7][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XBJWjfzvt9SnMg5psw1xw_Dqf_C68ZDkvs8fI9B2Afk/edit?usp=sharing]get your copy here[/url][/size][/center] The toolkit it's self consists of three pages, so let me break them down for you and how to use them. Please be sure to read this section thoroughly as I will NOT be around to assist you from here. I will post here any time I make updates, so if you do use this sheet and want to keep it up to date, please post letting me know so I can add you to the Pinglist. First page: [b]Schedule[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/HBRrXKA.png[/img] The schedule relies a lot on data collection from the data sheet, as well as conditional formatting. Columns A and B are very self explanatory: this is where the parents names go. Column C hosts your breeding pairs names via dropdown. To add a name to the dropdown list, simply add it to column C of the Data Sheet. Column D shows what flight you breed this pair in. All flights are pre-programed into the data sheet so you don't need to do anything other than select the applicable flight from the drop down. Column E shows your current nest date. In this area you will need to simply type in the date you put your pair in their nest. The hatch date (column H) is pre-programmed to estimate when the pairs eggs will be ready to hatch. Column F indicated how many eggs the pair is currently sitting on. Again, because I'm lazy and like ease of use this has been pre-programmed into a dropdown list. Location (Column G) is only applicable if you use rental nests to obtain other flights. It's a handy way to keep track of what user is hosting your nest at present. Columns I though M predict your next 5 nesting dates. This is where you'll have to do some work. I'm not too well versed in math and logic behind sheets, so initially you'll have to set the date distances yourself using the cooldown period guide at the top. It's very easy, just change the number in the cells formula to the corresponding cooldown period. [b]Please note: ALL DATES are formatted to alert you of their status. If thee date is today, the cell will turn green. If the date has already passed, the cell will turn yellow. And if the date is yet to come, the cell will turn red. :)[/b] Second Page : Hatchling Sale Tracker. [img]https://i.imgur.com/zSuOvPc.png[/img] This sheet itself can be deleted if not required. I made it for myself to give an indication whether or not my prices for hatchlings ae viable. It may be a handy tool for fellow hatchery posters, or just someone who enjoys keeping track of numbers. Pairs are in drop downs, and the price point column is programmed to pull corresponding prices from the Data sheet. To add a pair and it's pricing, simply open the data sheet and add them into columns C and D (make sure to keep the price point directly next to the pair in question otherwise it wont pull the correct price) Third Page: Data [img]https://i.imgur.com/NeuRg5a.png[/img] Self explanatory! This is the data sheet! As mentioned above, this is where you will add your own breeding pairs and price points. ^^
UPDATE: 09 October
I have added a column on the schedule page to insert the number of days for the pairs cooldown. Now the date columns DONT need editing what so ever; they will pull from the cooldown period specified to generate the next date.

Hey y'all! I LOVE using google sheets to make my life here on FR a more seamless experience. Seeing as I run a hatchery as well, having a sheet to remind me when to breed pairs in particular (and track what nests I'm renting for them) it just made sense to put together a schedule.

The toolkit it's self consists of three pages, so let me break them down for you and how to use them. Please be sure to read this section thoroughly as I will NOT be around to assist you from here.

I will post here any time I make updates, so if you do use this sheet and want to keep it up to date, please post letting me know so I can add you to the Pinglist.

First page: Schedule
HBRrXKA.png
The schedule relies a lot on data collection from the data sheet, as well as conditional formatting.

Columns A and B are very self explanatory: this is where the parents names go.

Column C hosts your breeding pairs names via dropdown. To add a name to the dropdown list, simply add it to column C of the Data Sheet.

Column D shows what flight you breed this pair in. All flights are pre-programed into the data sheet so you don't need to do anything other than select the applicable flight from the drop down.

Column E shows your current nest date. In this area you will need to simply type in the date you put your pair in their nest. The hatch date (column H) is pre-programmed to estimate when the pairs eggs will be ready to hatch.

Column F indicated how many eggs the pair is currently sitting on. Again, because I'm lazy and like ease of use this has been pre-programmed into a dropdown list.

Location (Column G) is only applicable if you use rental nests to obtain other flights. It's a handy way to keep track of what user is hosting your nest at present.

Columns I though M predict your next 5 nesting dates. This is where you'll have to do some work. I'm not too well versed in math and logic behind sheets, so initially you'll have to set the date distances yourself using the cooldown period guide at the top. It's very easy, just change the number in the cells formula to the corresponding cooldown period.

Please note: ALL DATES are formatted to alert you of their status. If thee date is today, the cell will turn green. If the date has already passed, the cell will turn yellow. And if the date is yet to come, the cell will turn red. :)

Second Page : Hatchling Sale Tracker.
zSuOvPc.png
This sheet itself can be deleted if not required. I made it for myself to give an indication whether or not my prices for hatchlings ae viable. It may be a handy tool for fellow hatchery posters, or just someone who enjoys keeping track of numbers.

Pairs are in drop downs, and the price point column is programmed to pull corresponding prices from the Data sheet. To add a pair and it's pricing, simply open the data sheet and add them into columns C and D (make sure to keep the price point directly next to the pair in question otherwise it wont pull the correct price)

Third Page: Data
NeuRg5a.png

Self explanatory! This is the data sheet! As mentioned above, this is where you will add your own breeding pairs and price points. ^^
B11_L2.pngo003-d01-Paganism.pnguisysIG.pngo003-d03-Paganism.pngo003-d04-Paganism.pngB11_R2.png
DPSlXho.png
_________
F A E F O L K
HATCHERYWISHLISTPROJECTS

Dreamer, thirty-something, cat marm, FR + 21
UPDATE:

I have added a column on the schedule page to insert the number of days for the pairs cooldown. Now the date columns DONT need editing what so ever; they will pull from the cooldown period specified to generate the next date.
UPDATE:

B11_L2.pngo003-d01-Paganism.pnguisysIG.pngo003-d03-Paganism.pngo003-d04-Paganism.pngB11_R2.png
DPSlXho.png
_________
F A E F O L K
HATCHERYWISHLISTPROJECTS

^
^
DPSlXho.png
_________
F A E F O L K
HATCHERYWISHLISTPROJECTS

Ooh, love this! Made a copy, so useful!
Ooh, love this! Made a copy, so useful!
WKtl2lb.png
em6G0U2.png
Xu5eH.gifxV8Kg.gifH4gwx.gif
Lichtdrache.gif[/center]
@DiamonPeak
Thankyou! I do hope you enjoy using it. ^^
@DiamonPeak
Thankyou! I do hope you enjoy using it. ^^
DPSlXho.png
_________
F A E F O L K
HATCHERYWISHLISTPROJECTS

Hey, thanks for making this! It's very helpful, especially in predicting breeding conflicts.

I would love to be on the pinglist for any updates you make!
Hey, thanks for making this! It's very helpful, especially in predicting breeding conflicts.

I would love to be on the pinglist for any updates you make!
Challenge Threads:
Against the Wheel - XXX (Breeding)
The Curse of the Savage Grail (Fodderlocke)
When I clicked on the link I got an error message saying that the file had been deleted? I'd really love to us this sheet, and it looks really useful.
When I clicked on the link I got an error message saying that the file had been deleted? I'd really love to us this sheet, and it looks really useful.
JvUa9ma.png
6OezIjj.png
HW4lpxl.png
vista_pc2.png
egg_light.pngHidden Gems Hatchery [Runed Pearls]egg_light.png
egg_light.pngPearlcatchers and Guardiansegg_light.png
vista_pc2.png
@faefold, Is this spreadsheet still available? I tried to get it but it looks like it no longer exists?

It looks like it’d be a big help, but that is totally okay if you deleted it!
@faefold, Is this spreadsheet still available? I tried to get it but it looks like it no longer exists?

It looks like it’d be a big help, but that is totally okay if you deleted it!

Check out my Hatchery!
XdKddgH.png 8d7o509.png
@faefolk the link says the spreadsheet has been deleted?
@faefolk the link says the spreadsheet has been deleted?
nU7futS.pngGJdAsK3.png0Zjk4WP.png
7ataYUy.pngMVN4d6m.pngNROvp4l.png
qxTfpbJ.pngVHidLNG.pngRMmuuRA.png
YozDxvl.pngkAJt5QH.pnggJlpMIv.png