Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | permanently closed.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@qwigoqwaga
Given that discipline is only 50% for the extra, I'd say it's far too unreliable.
Two ambushes guarantee you have one turn to buff, and one to either heal, meditate, or dent an enemy for the brawler to take out.
I think if you removed that extra turn, you'd probably be much shorter on breath overall, given you'd have to take a turn from elsewhere in the rotation at a less optimal time.
As it is, you can typically take out two enemies and contuse the third, which reduces the damage you take massively over the course of a session.

I think if you went with a discipline, you'd end up being able to take out two, but leave the last un-contused (and that reduces all damage the enemy deals by 25%; may not sound like a ton but it adds up).
This also forces you to take another turn to deal with the last enemy, which leaves you open for more hits over the fight.

Personally, I think it'd leave too much up to RNG, as well as make you take more damage overall which would force more healing and ultimately waste breath.
The mage is honestly there more to deal damage to open enemies up for eliminate; the heals are necessary, but not what they spend most of their time doing. I don't often have issues with breath, even on the bosses.

But hey, it could work for you, and it's always a good idea to look at odd strategies! If you give it a shot let me know how it goes. ^^
@qwigoqwaga
Given that discipline is only 50% for the extra, I'd say it's far too unreliable.
Two ambushes guarantee you have one turn to buff, and one to either heal, meditate, or dent an enemy for the brawler to take out.
I think if you removed that extra turn, you'd probably be much shorter on breath overall, given you'd have to take a turn from elsewhere in the rotation at a less optimal time.
As it is, you can typically take out two enemies and contuse the third, which reduces the damage you take massively over the course of a session.

I think if you went with a discipline, you'd end up being able to take out two, but leave the last un-contused (and that reduces all damage the enemy deals by 25%; may not sound like a ton but it adds up).
This also forces you to take another turn to deal with the last enemy, which leaves you open for more hits over the fight.

Personally, I think it'd leave too much up to RNG, as well as make you take more damage overall which would force more healing and ultimately waste breath.
The mage is honestly there more to deal damage to open enemies up for eliminate; the heals are necessary, but not what they spend most of their time doing. I don't often have issues with breath, even on the bosses.

But hey, it could work for you, and it's always a good idea to look at odd strategies! If you give it a shot let me know how it goes. ^^
@kingcrown Thanks for the input. I could always try one discipline first since it's a cheaper stone and then replace it with ambush if needed.

My main mage has two disciplines and nearly always gets the extra breath, which is helpful since she's only 47 QCK so she doesn't have to waste as many turns meditating. Also, ambush was broken for a long time, so I never gave it to any of my dragons XD
@kingcrown Thanks for the input. I could always try one discipline first since it's a cheaper stone and then replace it with ambush if needed.

My main mage has two disciplines and nearly always gets the extra breath, which is helpful since she's only 47 QCK so she doesn't have to waste as many turns meditating. Also, ambush was broken for a long time, so I never gave it to any of my dragons XD
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
I've been playing around with your Ruins Runner build for only a day and I'm already in love ^w^ The good flow and opportunity for recovery makes coli grinding much less frustrating than before, especially compared to Mire Flyers I've tried in the past.

So I wanted to thank you for putting this thread together. It's very easy to follow and has been a huge help in getting me back into the coli <3
I've been playing around with your Ruins Runner build for only a day and I'm already in love ^w^ The good flow and opportunity for recovery makes coli grinding much less frustrating than before, especially compared to Mire Flyers I've tried in the past.

So I wanted to thank you for putting this thread together. It's very easy to follow and has been a huge help in getting me back into the coli <3
tumblr_inline_nl99l3zmlQ1ro4abf_100.png AzWEmYL.png ghostingskies
» they/he
» FR +2
» pings OK!
Bookmarking this for reference later!
Bookmarking this for reference later!
ZhydIqY.png
[center][emoji=rhino beetle size=1] bookmarking [emoji=rhino beetle size=1][/center]
bookmarking
fr_sig.png
@ghostingskies Ah I'm glad to hear that! And especially for my favourite build, good to know it's useful for someone else. ^^ (and heck wow sorry for the late reply....) @geminikitty5 @sadashi Hopefully it's helpful! [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
@ghostingskies
Ah I'm glad to hear that! And especially for my favourite build, good to know it's useful for someone else. ^^
(and heck wow sorry for the late reply....)

@geminikitty5 @sadashi
Hopefully it's helpful!
Very much so! I've been using your top tier builds since you made the forum (had it bookmarked in my browser before) and the ruin runner is my absolute favourite at the moment :))
Very much so! I've been using your top tier builds since you made the forum (had it bookmarked in my browser before) and the ruin runner is my absolute favourite at the moment :))
fr_sig.png
Thank you for this! I don't have many dragons right now so my original girl is going solo in the coliseum. This will be helpful to get more trained dragons.
Thank you for this! I don't have many dragons right now so my original girl is going solo in the coliseum. This will be helpful to get more trained dragons.
@otherworldlies
I'm happy to hear that!
This guide isn't the most beginner-friendly, so if you want something to help you get started with how the coli works, Maki's guide is very good. If you're wondering how to distribute stats early on, you can also check out Culex's How To Train Your Dragon. I might disagree with the general build philosophy, but it's still solid!

I would highly recommend using a full team to start, with different elements. Soloing is definitely possible in most venues, but it requires levelled and trained dragons. Low-level dragons aren't fast or strong enough on their own and tend to get beat up pretty fast.

Either way, welcome to FR and I hope you have fun smashing stuff in the coli!
@otherworldlies
I'm happy to hear that!
This guide isn't the most beginner-friendly, so if you want something to help you get started with how the coli works, Maki's guide is very good. If you're wondering how to distribute stats early on, you can also check out Culex's How To Train Your Dragon. I might disagree with the general build philosophy, but it's still solid!

I would highly recommend using a full team to start, with different elements. Soloing is definitely possible in most venues, but it requires levelled and trained dragons. Low-level dragons aren't fast or strong enough on their own and tend to get beat up pretty fast.

Either way, welcome to FR and I hope you have fun smashing stuff in the coli!
@kingcrown okay thank you for the advice! i just got some more dragons so they will be my fight team. i think they are all plague, should i try to find more dragons of different elements or will it be okay to start?
@kingcrown okay thank you for the advice! i just got some more dragons so they will be my fight team. i think they are all plague, should i try to find more dragons of different elements or will it be okay to start?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10