Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Boss Drops & Data
I recently completed a challenge wherein I fought each boss familiar until I got 99 food drops. Here were my rules:

100 battle/venue/day
Encounters were recorded whether or not I actually got a drop from them. This did not include encounters where I was killed.
I kept going in each venue until I had 99 drops from each.

Limitations:
--I made the mistake of not recording when I hit 99 drops on each (whoops) so I can't provide exact info of how long it takes to get to each drop of 99.
--On my early completions, I didn't stick to the 100 battles/day rule once I'd gotten 99 food drops.
--Although I did track date info, there were almost definitely some changes in drop tables in the middle.
--There were also a few NotN's in the middle, which...I'm not sure if boss drop rates change? Didn't track that unfortunately.

Some fun facts:
--the Mire took the longest to complete by nearly 2000 battles; Rainsong Jungle was the second longest.
--Arena and Waterway tied for shortest at 3800 battles, with Redrock Cove clocking in soon afterwards at 3900 battles.
--Boreal woods was... weird, in that unlike most other bosses it did not have a consistent food drop, leading to it having by far the highest encounter-to-drop ratio (this didn't get calculated for everything else, due to my error (sorry)).
--Golem Workshop is actually far easier with a one-fodder trainer setup than with a two-cannon one-healer setup. I took on three stone borers in a row with 0 problems with a one -fodder setup, and highly recommend it to anyone. It's not significantly slower, it's a lot stronger, and you can do some nice high-level dragon training.

Familiar facts!
--I got both bosses from Blooming Grove, Redrock Cove, Arena, Volcanic Vents, Thunderhead Savannah, Boreal Wood (technically), Crystal Pools, Ghostlight Ruins, The Mire, and Kelp Beds
--I got 0 bosses from the Golem Workshop and Harpy's Roost
--I got only 1 boss from Rainsong Jungle and Waterway.
--I got more than 1 of a boss from Thunderhead Savannah, the Mire, and Kelp Beds
--I got 2 of each boss from Ghostlight Ruins and Volcanic Vents

Without any further ado, here's the sheet with all my stats
Let's just say that most bosses do NOT appear in normal distributions.
I recently completed a challenge wherein I fought each boss familiar until I got 99 food drops. Here were my rules:

100 battle/venue/day
Encounters were recorded whether or not I actually got a drop from them. This did not include encounters where I was killed.
I kept going in each venue until I had 99 drops from each.

Limitations:
--I made the mistake of not recording when I hit 99 drops on each (whoops) so I can't provide exact info of how long it takes to get to each drop of 99.
--On my early completions, I didn't stick to the 100 battles/day rule once I'd gotten 99 food drops.
--Although I did track date info, there were almost definitely some changes in drop tables in the middle.
--There were also a few NotN's in the middle, which...I'm not sure if boss drop rates change? Didn't track that unfortunately.

Some fun facts:
--the Mire took the longest to complete by nearly 2000 battles; Rainsong Jungle was the second longest.
--Arena and Waterway tied for shortest at 3800 battles, with Redrock Cove clocking in soon afterwards at 3900 battles.
--Boreal woods was... weird, in that unlike most other bosses it did not have a consistent food drop, leading to it having by far the highest encounter-to-drop ratio (this didn't get calculated for everything else, due to my error (sorry)).
--Golem Workshop is actually far easier with a one-fodder trainer setup than with a two-cannon one-healer setup. I took on three stone borers in a row with 0 problems with a one -fodder setup, and highly recommend it to anyone. It's not significantly slower, it's a lot stronger, and you can do some nice high-level dragon training.

Familiar facts!
--I got both bosses from Blooming Grove, Redrock Cove, Arena, Volcanic Vents, Thunderhead Savannah, Boreal Wood (technically), Crystal Pools, Ghostlight Ruins, The Mire, and Kelp Beds
--I got 0 bosses from the Golem Workshop and Harpy's Roost
--I got only 1 boss from Rainsong Jungle and Waterway.
--I got more than 1 of a boss from Thunderhead Savannah, the Mire, and Kelp Beds
--I got 2 of each boss from Ghostlight Ruins and Volcanic Vents

Without any further ado, here's the sheet with all my stats
Let's just say that most bosses do NOT appear in normal distributions.
mkpoaHZ.png
@Stormdance

Thank you for sharing! I was wondering, what kind of build did you use for training 2 fodder in the GW?
@Stormdance

Thank you for sharing! I was wondering, what kind of build did you use for training 2 fodder in the GW?
wlLXM.gif
@idealism

That was a typo, thanks for bringing my attention to it. I took on the workshop with what I think is the workshop workers build; if you want to check the stats on the healer and Canon, I have them in my Lair but it’ll be a bit before I can upload the pictures.
@idealism

That was a typo, thanks for bringing my attention to it. I took on the workshop with what I think is the workshop workers build; if you want to check the stats on the healer and Canon, I have them in my Lair but it’ll be a bit before I can upload the pictures.
mkpoaHZ.png