Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Link collection for new players
A list of quality guides that have helped me out, and might help you as well!

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to take credit for any of these guides. All credit goes to the wonderful, hardworking people who made them, all of whom probably have more spreadsheet experience than I will gain in a lifetime.

I also have not spoken to the people who created these guides. If you want me to remove your guide from here for any reason, please PM me and I will gladly do so. On the flip side, tell me if you know a guide that may be useful! I'll be sure to add it.

First, there's Fiend's link collection, a nice reference that also has some free art resources. Some of the guides here will overlap, but I've decided to include them with some short explanations to help if you're looking for a specific topic.

GUIDES TO FR GAMEPLAY
A guide to BBCode by aisumoka, which you can use to spice up forum posts, dragon bios, and clan profiles.

Paladingineer's Data-Based Money Making Guide, for all your dragon capitalism needs.

COMPREHENSIVE LISTS
Sibling Genes Guide by Starwindrider, which lists what pairs of primary and secondary genes are made to complement each other.

A gathering reference, maintained by Gaia, a moderator. Currently the most up-to-date one available.

Visual Familiars Guide by ZxwxZ, which provides full-color images of all the familiars on the site.

Evantalia's Baldwin's Visual Guide, which includes an explanation on how Baldwin's works, a list of materials that can be obtained by transmuting substances, and recipes for each level.

Tserin has created a Vista Collector spreadsheet, which can be used to track the vistas you have and which dragons complement them.

THE COLISEUM
A Newbie's BASIC INTRO to the Coli! by EeveeDream is exactly what the title says. Check it out! It also contains links to other coli-related guides and is a great place to start.

If you're already familiar with how the Coliseum works but don't know how to begin leveling your dragons, check out the Comprehensive Coli Builds List! It shows both general builds and builds that are specially designed for each venue.

IMPORTANT: Many of these coli builds use an Eliminate stone. The prices have gone down since staff raised the drop rates, and I highly recommend using it. However, if you can't afford one and want to start grinding right away, I recommend starting with one of these builds that don't require Eliminate: The Sedona Build (also by EeveeDream), and Stev's Budget Build.

A popular build for if you do want to use Eliminate is Culex's guide! I've personally had a lot of success with it, but only because I was able to obtain Eliminates from Galore at the trading post. So again, I'd stick with the non-Eliminate builds when getting started.

Learn how to profit from the Coliseum with Kiena's Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide!

A list of coliseum drops and festival coliseum guide are both maintained by the wonderful Maki!

Redfoot has compiled a guide that shows the best element per venue. NOTE: this only applies for mages. If you're building a team that deals physical damage using one of the other guides mentioned, then you shouldn't need to worry about elemental strengths or weaknesses, because your dragons won't be using elemental attacks.

In the Coliseum, you will occasionally get crates that contain skins based on the monster that dropped it. You can see which skins come in which crates here, courtesy of Ender080.

With December coming up, you'll want to see Prepare & Survive NoTN V1.0 by MidnightLady05. It explains everything about Night of the Nocturne, a two-week festival during which you can obtain special items.

MISCELLANEOUS
Tiny Little Questions is a thread for small issues that don't require their own separate threads to be answered. (Shout-out to Nightwind and the other shiny-star players for putting up with my stupidity)

Hey Neighbor is where you can request supplies if you find yourself a few items short for Swipp or den slots. (Read: literally one of the nicest forum threads I've ever found on FR. Check it out!)
A list of quality guides that have helped me out, and might help you as well!

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to take credit for any of these guides. All credit goes to the wonderful, hardworking people who made them, all of whom probably have more spreadsheet experience than I will gain in a lifetime.

I also have not spoken to the people who created these guides. If you want me to remove your guide from here for any reason, please PM me and I will gladly do so. On the flip side, tell me if you know a guide that may be useful! I'll be sure to add it.

First, there's Fiend's link collection, a nice reference that also has some free art resources. Some of the guides here will overlap, but I've decided to include them with some short explanations to help if you're looking for a specific topic.

GUIDES TO FR GAMEPLAY
A guide to BBCode by aisumoka, which you can use to spice up forum posts, dragon bios, and clan profiles.

Paladingineer's Data-Based Money Making Guide, for all your dragon capitalism needs.

COMPREHENSIVE LISTS
Sibling Genes Guide by Starwindrider, which lists what pairs of primary and secondary genes are made to complement each other.

A gathering reference, maintained by Gaia, a moderator. Currently the most up-to-date one available.

Visual Familiars Guide by ZxwxZ, which provides full-color images of all the familiars on the site.

Evantalia's Baldwin's Visual Guide, which includes an explanation on how Baldwin's works, a list of materials that can be obtained by transmuting substances, and recipes for each level.

Tserin has created a Vista Collector spreadsheet, which can be used to track the vistas you have and which dragons complement them.

THE COLISEUM
A Newbie's BASIC INTRO to the Coli! by EeveeDream is exactly what the title says. Check it out! It also contains links to other coli-related guides and is a great place to start.

If you're already familiar with how the Coliseum works but don't know how to begin leveling your dragons, check out the Comprehensive Coli Builds List! It shows both general builds and builds that are specially designed for each venue.

IMPORTANT: Many of these coli builds use an Eliminate stone. The prices have gone down since staff raised the drop rates, and I highly recommend using it. However, if you can't afford one and want to start grinding right away, I recommend starting with one of these builds that don't require Eliminate: The Sedona Build (also by EeveeDream), and Stev's Budget Build.

A popular build for if you do want to use Eliminate is Culex's guide! I've personally had a lot of success with it, but only because I was able to obtain Eliminates from Galore at the trading post. So again, I'd stick with the non-Eliminate builds when getting started.

Learn how to profit from the Coliseum with Kiena's Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide!

A list of coliseum drops and festival coliseum guide are both maintained by the wonderful Maki!

Redfoot has compiled a guide that shows the best element per venue. NOTE: this only applies for mages. If you're building a team that deals physical damage using one of the other guides mentioned, then you shouldn't need to worry about elemental strengths or weaknesses, because your dragons won't be using elemental attacks.

In the Coliseum, you will occasionally get crates that contain skins based on the monster that dropped it. You can see which skins come in which crates here, courtesy of Ender080.

With December coming up, you'll want to see Prepare & Survive NoTN V1.0 by MidnightLady05. It explains everything about Night of the Nocturne, a two-week festival during which you can obtain special items.

MISCELLANEOUS
Tiny Little Questions is a thread for small issues that don't require their own separate threads to be answered. (Shout-out to Nightwind and the other shiny-star players for putting up with my stupidity)

Hey Neighbor is where you can request supplies if you find yourself a few items short for Swipp or den slots. (Read: literally one of the nicest forum threads I've ever found on FR. Check it out!)
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0
Thanks so much! I'm not extremely new, but I am learning about some aspects of the game and this helped a lot!
@diamondsnake
Thanks so much! I'm not extremely new, but I am learning about some aspects of the game and this helped a lot!
@diamondsnake
@keverdeenaj No problem! I'm glad I was able to help :)
@keverdeenaj No problem! I'm glad I was able to help :)
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0