Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [GUIDE] UPDATED Breeding Rarity Charts
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Can you add me to the pinglist please?
Can you add me to the pinglist please?
Meh.....
After running 102 tests with each rarity, I believe that Swirl & Marbled are both Common genes. Of course it will need more tests, but my hand hurts lmao

Did some tests for the new genes Swirl and Marbled:

102 tests with Swirl VS Tiger (Common) | 59 Swirl, 43 Tiger
102 tests with Marbled VS Stripes (Common) | 52 Marbled, 50 Stripes

102 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | 78 Swirl, 24 Jaguar
102 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | 64 Marbled, 38 Rosette

102 tests with Swirl VS Poison (Limited) | 88 Swirl, 14 Poison
102 tests with Marbled VS Toxin (Limited) | 88 Marbled, 14 Toxin

102 tests with Swirl VS Wasp (Rare) | 101 Swirl, 1 Wasp
102 tests with Marbled VS Bee (Rare) | 100 Marbled, 2 Bee
After running 102 tests with each rarity, I believe that Swirl & Marbled are both Common genes. Of course it will need more tests, but my hand hurts lmao

Did some tests for the new genes Swirl and Marbled:

102 tests with Swirl VS Tiger (Common) | 59 Swirl, 43 Tiger
102 tests with Marbled VS Stripes (Common) | 52 Marbled, 50 Stripes

102 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | 78 Swirl, 24 Jaguar
102 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | 64 Marbled, 38 Rosette

102 tests with Swirl VS Poison (Limited) | 88 Swirl, 14 Poison
102 tests with Marbled VS Toxin (Limited) | 88 Marbled, 14 Toxin

102 tests with Swirl VS Wasp (Rare) | 101 Swirl, 1 Wasp
102 tests with Marbled VS Bee (Rare) | 100 Marbled, 2 Bee
Wx6Zzdb.gif ERng8HZ.png
ZWH3lqT.png
Iconx100t.png Looking for shadow-themed Dragons!
@rhinelands this will help you
@rhinelands this will help you
...jHuI8BH.gif Dragons for SaleCrystalwood's Lore Shop [CLOSED]Wishlist
Crystalwood ~ they/them ~ Chaotic Good ~ FR+0
u9rdGeh.gif
@Myndris Thank you for the data you've gathered!
@Myndris Thank you for the data you've gathered!
fNmS9bV.png
kKraFP4.png MUYNhfy.png
VjdktqS.png
WKtl2lb.png
kKraFP4.png Kaliqo.gif
[center]Did some more testing:[/center] 135 tests with Swirl VS Tiger (Common) | 68 Swirl, 67 Tiger 135 tests with Marbled VS Stripes (Common) | 67 Marbled, 68 Stripes [quote=Plus previous test] 237 tests with Swirl VS Tiger (Common) | [b]127 Swirl (54%), 110 Tiger (46%)[/b] 237 tests with Marbled VS Stripes (Common) | [b]119 Marbled (50%), 118 Stripes (50%)[/b] [/quote] 135 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | 101 Swirl, 34 Jaguar 135 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | 98 Marbled, 37 Rosette [quote=Plus previous test] 237 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | [b]179 Swirl (76%), 58 Jaguar (24%)[/b] 237 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | [b]162 Marbled (68%), 75 Rosette (32%)[/b] [/quote] 135 tests with Swirl VS Poison (Limited) | 121 Swirl, 14 Poison 135 tests with Marbled VS Toxin (Limited) | 121 Marbled, 14 Toxin [quote=Plus previous test] 237 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | [b]209 Swirl (88%), 28 Poison (12%)[/b] 237 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | [b]209 Marbled (88%), 28 Toxin (12%)[/b] [/quote] 135 tests with Swirl VS Wasp (Rare) | 133 Swirl, 2 Wasp 135 tests with Marbled VS Bee (Rare) | 135 Marbled, 0 Bee [quote=Plus previous test] 237 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | [b]234 Swirl (99%), 3 Wasp (1%)[/b] 237 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | [b]235 Marbled (99%), 2 Bee (1%)[/b] [/quote] [center][b]It appears that my original testing seems to be correct in that [u]Swirl & Marbled have the Common rarity[/u][/b]. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2726741/8#post_42455917]Previous Test Post[/url][/center] [rule] @KalicoKat No problem! =)
Did some more testing:

135 tests with Swirl VS Tiger (Common) | 68 Swirl, 67 Tiger
135 tests with Marbled VS Stripes (Common) | 67 Marbled, 68 Stripes
Plus previous test wrote:
237 tests with Swirl VS Tiger (Common) | 127 Swirl (54%), 110 Tiger (46%)
237 tests with Marbled VS Stripes (Common) | 119 Marbled (50%), 118 Stripes (50%)

135 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | 101 Swirl, 34 Jaguar
135 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | 98 Marbled, 37 Rosette
237 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | 179 Swirl (76%), 58 Jaguar (24%)
237 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | 162 Marbled (68%), 75 Rosette (32%)

135 tests with Swirl VS Poison (Limited) | 121 Swirl, 14 Poison
135 tests with Marbled VS Toxin (Limited) | 121 Marbled, 14 Toxin
237 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | 209 Swirl (88%), 28 Poison (12%)
237 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | 209 Marbled (88%), 28 Toxin (12%)

135 tests with Swirl VS Wasp (Rare) | 133 Swirl, 2 Wasp
135 tests with Marbled VS Bee (Rare) | 135 Marbled, 0 Bee
237 tests with Swirl VS Jaguar (Uncommon) | 234 Swirl (99%), 3 Wasp (1%)
237 tests with Marbled VS Rosette (Uncommon) | 235 Marbled (99%), 2 Bee (1%)
It appears that my original testing seems to be correct in that Swirl & Marbled have the Common rarity.

Previous Test Post

@KalicoKat No problem! =)
Wx6Zzdb.gif ERng8HZ.png
ZWH3lqT.png
Iconx100t.png Looking for shadow-themed Dragons!
Guys I have a strange question.
According to very first scheme in first post, Ripple and Bar are Uncommon genes, and Current and Daub are Common? I'm quite old user but noticed this only now on this thread and I'm confused. Are these two pairs of Ripple-Current and Bar-Daub somehow special?
Aren't pairs of primary-secondary always the same rarity? Like, Crystal-Facet are both Rare, and Speckle-Freckle are both common..?
Guys I have a strange question.
According to very first scheme in first post, Ripple and Bar are Uncommon genes, and Current and Daub are Common? I'm quite old user but noticed this only now on this thread and I'm confused. Are these two pairs of Ripple-Current and Bar-Daub somehow special?
Aren't pairs of primary-secondary always the same rarity? Like, Crystal-Facet are both Rare, and Speckle-Freckle are both common..?
NmS5GYp.png LRsHRNT.png b8wk9GD.png DtPHRBn.png
@KameTurtle, Ripple/Current and Bar/Daub are 2014 genes, which means they're some of the oldest genes on the site. Back in the day, primary and secondary genes weren't released as a set in a single update but had their own updates. Their rarity was decided separately from each other (despite being planned as matching pairs) and more on what the rarity of the other available genes were in order to prevent having too many genes in one rarity level.

iirc I think players actually grumbled about the weird rarity differences with Ripple/Current and Bar/Daub when those genes were released. Afterwards the devs stopped doing that rarity split because, yeah, it really didn't make sense to do that to matching genes and it made remembering the rarity of each gene more difficult than it needed to be.

So it's basically a consequence of those genes being released when the site was still young and the devs were still figuring things out lol.

I'm not sure why the devs never changed Ripple/Current's and Bar/Daub's rarities to match. Though it's been so long that if they did that now, it would really mess with people's breeding pairs. It would have been easier to change it back in the day when there wasn't much primary/secondary gene mixing (because the genes at that time were so visual different from one another that not gene-ing dragons with matching genes just looked weird).
@KameTurtle, Ripple/Current and Bar/Daub are 2014 genes, which means they're some of the oldest genes on the site. Back in the day, primary and secondary genes weren't released as a set in a single update but had their own updates. Their rarity was decided separately from each other (despite being planned as matching pairs) and more on what the rarity of the other available genes were in order to prevent having too many genes in one rarity level.

iirc I think players actually grumbled about the weird rarity differences with Ripple/Current and Bar/Daub when those genes were released. Afterwards the devs stopped doing that rarity split because, yeah, it really didn't make sense to do that to matching genes and it made remembering the rarity of each gene more difficult than it needed to be.

So it's basically a consequence of those genes being released when the site was still young and the devs were still figuring things out lol.

I'm not sure why the devs never changed Ripple/Current's and Bar/Daub's rarities to match. Though it's been so long that if they did that now, it would really mess with people's breeding pairs. It would have been easier to change it back in the day when there wasn't much primary/secondary gene mixing (because the genes at that time were so visual different from one another that not gene-ing dragons with matching genes just looked weird).
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
@arcaneidolriots
Ah thank you so much for replying! I joined in 2015 when there weren't many genes, but somehow never went Too Deep in researching rarities. Noticed only last week. Better late than never! c: I see now. Thanks again!
@arcaneidolriots
Ah thank you so much for replying! I joined in 2015 when there weren't many genes, but somehow never went Too Deep in researching rarities. Noticed only last week. Better late than never! c: I see now. Thanks again!
NmS5GYp.png LRsHRNT.png b8wk9GD.png DtPHRBn.png
Hey guys! I tried to add myself to the pinglist, but it looks like the spreadsheet is locked. Would someone mind adding me or unlocking the spreadsheet so I can add myself?

Thanks for making such an awesome guide!
Hey guys! I tried to add myself to the pinglist, but it looks like the spreadsheet is locked. Would someone mind adding me or unlocking the spreadsheet so I can add myself?

Thanks for making such an awesome guide!
@shoujo this is really helpful! i don't know what i could do without it--i salute you :D ! also, can i be added onto the self-ping list, that'd be awesome, thanks!
@shoujo this is really helpful! i don't know what i could do without it--i salute you :D ! also, can i be added onto the self-ping list, that'd be awesome, thanks!
yoo joonghyuk fmf7CNh.gif rBM002b.gif Dmyubyt.png
ca4nyRv.png
5hF3FGk.png
fkWjutW.png
mk2bmrp.png
YMPbu9R.png
UTxhrgi.gif fmf7CNh.gif kim dokja
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12