Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | 2019 Dragon Census [Data Needed]
1 2 3 4 5
@Ketchalin

Maybe give user Lokenosse a message as they've done lots of Dragon consensus stuff already that you may find useful, including diagrams showing comparative sizes of dragons. :3
@Ketchalin

Maybe give user Lokenosse a message as they've done lots of Dragon consensus stuff already that you may find useful, including diagrams showing comparative sizes of dragons. :3
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
@Calvair
Thank you! I'll probably implement that once my computer is up and.running. I've been having limited success figuring out the functions in docs, so having someone explain it to me is very helpful!

@PurpleTartan
Thank you for pointing them out, I'll message them after I get my morning coffee XD
@Calvair
Thank you! I'll probably implement that once my computer is up and.running. I've been having limited success figuring out the functions in docs, so having someone explain it to me is very helpful!

@PurpleTartan
Thank you for pointing them out, I'll message them after I get my morning coffee XD
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
I added in a bunch of my Coatls and I'm slowly working on the rest of the permas in my lair, and so far I noticed that young adult dragons might throw off the data here a bit. For example, there's a Coatl further up the spreadsheet that was entered in with a length of 3.57 and now she's sitting around 4-something.

So just a thought, maybe you should append a note asking people to only enter in dragons who are old enough to be bred?
I added in a bunch of my Coatls and I'm slowly working on the rest of the permas in my lair, and so far I noticed that young adult dragons might throw off the data here a bit. For example, there's a Coatl further up the spreadsheet that was entered in with a length of 3.57 and now she's sitting around 4-something.

So just a thought, maybe you should append a note asking people to only enter in dragons who are old enough to be bred?
2mG19e1.png
@shinysylveons

I thought I did XD thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix that when I update the sheet.
@shinysylveons

I thought I did XD thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix that when I update the sheet.
I added a few of my dragons, and will probably add more later ^^

I added a few of my dragons, and will probably add more later ^^

Now that I had some time, I went through and selected some of my faves and put them on there. :D Hope it helps! :3
Now that I had some time, I went through and selected some of my faves and put them on there. :D Hope it helps! :3
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
You're welcome! I edited my first reply to walk you through the Data Validation process as well [emoji=bogsneak winking] And added a few enhancements to the hyperlink formula. About dragon growth, I did get concerned about some entries [emoji=coatl confused] It may have only been an overlook on my part but I found out a couple dragons' sizes had changed overnight even though they were supposedly [i]fully grown[/i]. [size=2](i.e. NON-Nocturne/Bogsneaks/Gaolers, adults, off their breeding cooldown)[/size] I dug up topics from past years that mentioned other size glitches applying to several breeds, but none recent... I assume it means they're resolved? What about the Hibernal Den, do dragons still grow as well as age while they're snoozing? Anybody notice any delays or glitches?
You're welcome!
I edited my first reply to walk you through the Data Validation process as well
And added a few enhancements to the hyperlink formula.

About dragon growth, I did get concerned about some entries
It may have only been an overlook on my part but I found out a couple dragons' sizes had changed overnight even though they were supposedly fully grown.
(i.e. NON-Nocturne/Bogsneaks/Gaolers, adults, off their breeding cooldown)

I dug up topics from past years that mentioned other size glitches applying to several breeds, but none recent... I assume it means they're resolved? What about the Hibernal Den, do dragons still grow as well as age while they're snoozing? Anybody notice any delays or glitches?
Alex's Creepy Cookout Raffle
Morpheon Gach'adopt

FR+9 · They
28 y.o.

Shadom Bakery
Hey, just so you know, I'm working on making a Scatter graph, so it's easier to see where the dragon tend to group, since super small dragons can throw the exact average off a tiny bit.
Once I get it working, I'll see if I can figure out a way to send it to you. Or, if I can't, I'll just make a post with it inside, and you can link to it if you want (i'll try to keep it up to date).

Also, since scatter graphs need 2 variables, I decided to make the other one Wing Size. I thought it could also be interesting to see if the wings stick to the same ratio as the bodies, or if they go all over the place.
Hey, just so you know, I'm working on making a Scatter graph, so it's easier to see where the dragon tend to group, since super small dragons can throw the exact average off a tiny bit.
Once I get it working, I'll see if I can figure out a way to send it to you. Or, if I can't, I'll just make a post with it inside, and you can link to it if you want (i'll try to keep it up to date).

Also, since scatter graphs need 2 variables, I decided to make the other one Wing Size. I thought it could also be interesting to see if the wings stick to the same ratio as the bodies, or if they go all over the place.
@Myconid
Thank you! I gave up on the graphs in docs, since all I remember how to do are excel,but I was planning on it...eventually....XD probably wouldn't have happened soon though.
@Myconid
Thank you! I gave up on the graphs in docs, since all I remember how to do are excel,but I was planning on it...eventually....XD probably wouldn't have happened soon though.
It's no problem at all! I have some free time and a lot of Podcasts to catch up on, and fiddling with graphs is the perfect way to keep my hands busy!

Although, it may take a bit longer than I thought because I did a goof and injured my hand, so I won't be on my computer as much as I let it heal.
It's no problem at all! I have some free time and a lot of Podcasts to catch up on, and fiddling with graphs is the perfect way to keep my hands busy!

Although, it may take a bit longer than I thought because I did a goof and injured my hand, so I won't be on my computer as much as I let it heal.
1 2 3 4 5