Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Hatchery Sales Auto-BBCoder!
1 2
Hello friends! I come bearing gifts in the form of a [b]Hatchery Auto-BBCoder![/b] I was a teensy bit inspired by [i]frillshark-fr[/i] (on tumblr) who made a lovely G1-selling auto-coder in a similar fashion, so I went ahead and picked up some Sheets knowledge after not touching Excel since the 8th grade ^^; To be honest, they really don’t have to be just for hatchlings. The format is nice enough for [b]any[/b] dragon you might want to sell on the forums! Oh, but be sure to read the little notes attached to some of the cells so you get a better understanding of what the absolute heck I’m talking about, or to better your code so your images don’t break or your post doesn’t get a little screwy! If for whatever reason you can’t read them on the document, I’ll leave them in a quote below. [b]For now, here’s the link, as well as an example of what your end result may be![/b] You’ll have to copy the sheet (under File, Make a copy…) as I have it on view-only to prevent any vandalism. [b]Link:[/b] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GHAoE__hNt-HR2w7iMJPwVTYFDZZ-lI0EZeh28NnTXQ/edit?usp=sharing [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/52fc0ac9a967ce92b9e8e6deb4ced8e9/tumblr_inline_pkonxfgsbZ1sf9x2x_500.png[/img] ----- [quote=Cell Notes][b]ID Last 2 Rounded Up[/b] - For certain URLs. Take the last two numbers of your dragon’s ID, delete them, then add +1 to the new number. For example: take ID 41217772. Delete the last two numbers, 7 and 2, and you are left with 412177. Finally, add +1, and you have your new ID of 412178. Simple! [b]Image URL[/b] - Remove everything at the end until you reach “.png”, or the image will break! [b]Treasure Price[/b] - Gonna have to add the comma yourself in the final code if you want it. Silly sheets! [b]Gender[/b] - All lowercase, or the icon will break! [b]BBCode[/b] - When you copy/paste, there will be quotation marks at the beginning and end of the code. Just remove them and everything should be fine ^^
Hello friends! I come bearing gifts in the form of a Hatchery Auto-BBCoder!

I was a teensy bit inspired by frillshark-fr (on tumblr) who made a lovely G1-selling auto-coder in a similar fashion, so I went ahead and picked up some Sheets knowledge after not touching Excel since the 8th grade ^^;

To be honest, they really don’t have to be just for hatchlings. The format is nice enough for any dragon you might want to sell on the forums! Oh, but be sure to read the little notes attached to some of the cells so you get a better understanding of what the absolute heck I’m talking about, or to better your code so your images don’t break or your post doesn’t get a little screwy! If for whatever reason you can’t read them on the document, I’ll leave them in a quote below. For now, here’s the link, as well as an example of what your end result may be! You’ll have to copy the sheet (under File, Make a copy…) as I have it on view-only to prevent any vandalism.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GHAoE__hNt-HR2w7iMJPwVTYFDZZ-lI0EZeh28NnTXQ/edit?usp=sharing

tumblr_inline_pkonxfgsbZ1sf9x2x_500.png
Cell Notes wrote:
ID Last 2 Rounded Up - For certain URLs. Take the last two numbers of your dragon’s ID, delete them, then add +1 to the new number. For example: take ID 41217772. Delete the last two numbers, 7 and 2, and you are left with 412177. Finally, add +1, and you have your new ID of 412178. Simple!
Image URL - Remove everything at the end until you reach “.png”, or the image will break!
Treasure Price - Gonna have to add the comma yourself in the final code if you want it. Silly sheets!
Gender - All lowercase, or the icon will break!
BBCode - When you copy/paste, there will be quotation marks at the beginning and end of the code. Just remove them and everything should be fine ^^
left_anim_a.gif adoptables.png
art_shop.png
skin_shop.png
info.png tumblr.png
dragcave.png
Thanks! This is helpful~
Thanks! This is helpful~
@Malzykins thank you. i just started a shadow subspecies and had my first hatchlings for sale. your program looks great.
@Malzykins thank you. i just started a shadow subspecies and had my first hatchlings for sale. your program looks great.
#unnamedisNOTvalid
Please ping me for all fourm responses.
7AJIzEM.png?2.png
Thank you so much for this. It is very easy to use.
Thank you so much for this. It is very easy to use.
9uEPiQz.png tH9xziu.png
e9Z2Ppt.png
jQ16wgW.png
Thank you ever so much for this! It can be such a pain to have to write out five or ten dragon's code- my fingers will eternally thank you :)
Thank you ever so much for this! It can be such a pain to have to write out five or ten dragon's code- my fingers will eternally thank you :)
rowanhart ~ she/her ~ windy

zS7zdCY.pngSiu8EQv.png mTFU87v.png
___
VgQr1kz.png
oX8CbtU9_o.png 2NHNerQ.gif
Bumping this because I was seeing this used around, but couldn't find it for a while :D Very useful!
Bumping this because I was seeing this used around, but couldn't find it for a while :D Very useful!
Siggy.png
Bookmarking! @Kaletah
Bookmarking! @Kaletah
xpP2XdL.png
@sillette gonna need this in a bit!
@sillette gonna need this in a bit!
3u37mIB.png
Sweet
Sweet
https://dragcave.net/user/Gorynecromar
Waaaa thank you so much for sharing this!!
Waaaa thank you so much for sharing this!!

7RSuTOf.png
mtHAEL4.png
Bb9XFYa.png
rO7RHPW.png

x8bDWFu.png
73vKFNE.png
YMPbu9R.png
UIQtNRh.png
1 2