Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Glimmer and Gloom [Hard]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][url=flightrising.com][/url][size=6][font=DIN]Glimmer and Gloom[/font][/size] [i][size=4]How to solve the Hard level[/size][/i] ----- This guide will teach you how to solve 'Hard' difficulty Glimmer and Gloom puzzles. When done correctly, you will be able to complete the hard levels without fail. This example only shows the solution where shadow wins, but it is easily reversible to make light win every time. ----- [img]https://i.imgur.com/3p8S47b.png[/img] Start at the top row. Find the first hexagon of the colour you're trying to eliminate (from left to right, like reading a book). Click the hexagon down and to the right of the hexagon you want to eliminate. (It does not matter what colour the hexagon you're clicking is.) [img]https://i.imgur.com/30H9DVe.png[/img] Repeat this process along the row (as shown above) until your top row is entirely in the desired colour. [img]https://i.imgur.com/OO3MVBW.png[/img] Once you finish a row, move down to the next row. Go row by row, following the same pattern of elimination. [img]https://i.imgur.com/BGgMfYx.png[/img] Once you hit the middle row, you'll notice that the bottom right diagonal and the bottom row (highlighted by an orange line) cannot be eliminated in this way. Ignore their colours and keep going until the only colours left are in the hexagons marked by the orange line.* [img]https://i.imgur.com/BKJ0NEO.png[/img] You should end up with something similar to the above, where the diagonal and the bottom line are symmetrical. (If they are not symmetrical, you made a mistake, and this will not work.) You'll notice the image has marked four points in two colours. The top hexagons may need to be clicked for you to continue. Check first the orange hexagon, then the pink hexagon. If the bottom orange hexagon is yellow, click the top orange hexagon. If the bottom pink hexagon is yellow, click the top pink hexagon. (If both were yellow, then clicking the pink one would make the orange hexagon purple again - that's just fine. Make sure you click them only once, even if one of the hexagons goes back to purple. Remember to click them in order - orange, then pink. If both of the bottom hexagons are the correct colour, don't click them at all.) [img]https://i.imgur.com/heB8p0q.png[/img] Next, check the last two hexagons on the bottom row. If they are [b]different[/b], click the hexagon on the top row marked with a red dot. If they are [b]the same[/b], do not click the hexagon. (It doesn't matter what colour these two hexagons are.) Finally, repeat the first step where you clicked the hexagons down and to the right of the hexagons you are trying to eliminate, in order as if reading a book. When you complete this, it should result in you winning the game. ----- Hopefully this makes sense and helps you out! If you're confused, feel free to ask me for clarification. There's also a video on this method which I'll link to here (though please note I didn't make it; I just learned how to do it from the video). Have fun! [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqbiMtoHtY]Video here![/url] If the video above isn't working for you, try this guide by @LordMalak! (Thank you for making it!) [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2pVnMtSp58]Video here![/url] ----- ----- ----- Update: I made a gif because quite frankly I'm not very good at making the Explainy Words make sense so here's a visualizer for some (aka only one at the moment) solutions [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/9x8SDa7U7AtQ97mGHq/giphy.gif[/img] Update 2: Came back to this, clarified it a bit and fixed a small mistake in the explanation.
Glimmer and Gloom
How to solve the Hard level

This guide will teach you how to solve 'Hard' difficulty Glimmer and Gloom puzzles. When done correctly, you will be able to complete the hard levels without fail.

This example only shows the solution where shadow wins, but it is easily reversible to make light win every time.

3p8S47b.png
Start at the top row. Find the first hexagon of the colour you're trying to eliminate (from left to right, like reading a book). Click the hexagon down and to the right of the hexagon you want to eliminate. (It does not matter what colour the hexagon you're clicking is.)

30H9DVe.png
Repeat this process along the row (as shown above) until your top row is entirely in the desired colour.

OO3MVBW.png
Once you finish a row, move down to the next row. Go row by row, following the same pattern of elimination.

BGgMfYx.png
Once you hit the middle row, you'll notice that the bottom right diagonal and the bottom row (highlighted by an orange line) cannot be eliminated in this way. Ignore their colours and keep going until the only colours left are in the hexagons marked by the orange line.*

BKJ0NEO.png
You should end up with something similar to the above, where the diagonal and the bottom line are symmetrical. (If they are not symmetrical, you made a mistake, and this will not work.)

You'll notice the image has marked four points in two colours. The top hexagons may need to be clicked for you to continue. Check first the orange hexagon, then the pink hexagon. If the bottom orange hexagon is yellow, click the top orange hexagon. If the bottom pink hexagon is yellow, click the top pink hexagon. (If both were yellow, then clicking the pink one would make the orange hexagon purple again - that's just fine. Make sure you click them only once, even if one of the hexagons goes back to purple. Remember to click them in order - orange, then pink. If both of the bottom hexagons are the correct colour, don't click them at all.)

heB8p0q.png
Next, check the last two hexagons on the bottom row.

If they are different, click the hexagon on the top row marked with a red dot. If they are the same, do not click the hexagon. (It doesn't matter what colour these two hexagons are.)

Finally, repeat the first step where you clicked the hexagons down and to the right of the hexagons you are trying to eliminate, in order as if reading a book. When you complete this, it should result in you winning the game.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps you out! If you're confused, feel free to ask me for clarification. There's also a video on this method which I'll link to here (though please note I didn't make it; I just learned how to do it from the video).

Have fun!

Video here!

If the video above isn't working for you, try this guide by @LordMalak! (Thank you for making it!)
Video here!

Update: I made a gif because quite frankly I'm not very good at making the Explainy Words make sense so here's a visualizer for some (aka only one at the moment) solutions

giphy.gif

Update 2: Came back to this, clarified it a bit and fixed a small mistake in the explanation.
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
Thanks for this omg, I've just filled my treasure cap just with this, it's great!
Thanks for this omg, I've just filled my treasure cap just with this, it's great!
vista_spiral1.png.....vistafestival_2.png.....vista_spiral1.png
This is THE BEST guide on Glimmer and Gloom - once you get the knack of it, the whole procedure takes way less time than Artifracture!
This is THE BEST guide on Glimmer and Gloom - once you get the knack of it, the whole procedure takes way less time than Artifracture!
jc4RTcO.png
That is amazing...more then I can think!!
Thanks so much!!
That is amazing...more then I can think!!
Thanks so much!!
3gVUOnFaRSUphsGsCLvAu5.png1qwZSvn3yAjZMaBTyi5Iqm.png5Op0cChIcpNgegwTnOjuFl.png
Thank you so so much,, this is incredible :')
Thank you so so much,, this is incredible :')
Ah this guide was super helpful, once you get the hang of it! Thank you bunches for sharing!
Ah this guide was super helpful, once you get the hang of it! Thank you bunches for sharing!
Cody
She/her
19 years old
9 hours ahead of FR time
viBmkIk.pngtumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
This is so super helpful, thank you so much!
I would have never figured out how simple it could be on my own in a million years omg

I've just been mindlessly clicking like a zombie thanks to this guide, it's so easy
This is so super helpful, thank you so much!
I would have never figured out how simple it could be on my own in a million years omg

I've just been mindlessly clicking like a zombie thanks to this guide, it's so easy
fireh5.png
just one comment
The instructions say "click the hexagon down and to the left". It's marked with a red dot - so it's obvious which one you mean. BUT. I would have said that it was down and "to the right" not "to the left" - from the POV of the person looking at the screen
just one comment
The instructions say "click the hexagon down and to the left". It's marked with a red dot - so it's obvious which one you mean. BUT. I would have said that it was down and "to the right" not "to the left" - from the POV of the person looking at the screen
@HaloJones corrected, thank you

@HaloJones corrected, thank you

necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
@Catradora This is fantastic! Thank you so much for making this guide :)
@Catradora This is fantastic! Thank you so much for making this guide :)
QdaBiJf.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8