Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Glimmer & Gloom All Solutions
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41 42
@Lara8
Yay, now I understand, thank you!
@Lara8
Yay, now I understand, thank you!
lmBVOQT.gifSNH9aOp.gif
@Blue1Dragon

Glad to help, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions :)
@Blue1Dragon

Glad to help, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions :)
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
I've been practicing Hard mode with your new technique, but I waste a lot of time when the fifth row has an odd number of tiles.
Clicking everything in the second row and bringing the tiles down is not a reliable solution for that problem, as I often go from 3 tiles in the fifth row to 5 or 1, and have to try many times before getting an even number. (Maybe that happens when I accidentally get a full hexagon-flower and clear too many tiles at once.)
For the moment, I'll be sticking to Special Mode, because I'm better at memorising individual patterns.
Either way, still making treasure easily thanks to you. ^^
I've been practicing Hard mode with your new technique, but I waste a lot of time when the fifth row has an odd number of tiles.
Clicking everything in the second row and bringing the tiles down is not a reliable solution for that problem, as I often go from 3 tiles in the fifth row to 5 or 1, and have to try many times before getting an even number. (Maybe that happens when I accidentally get a full hexagon-flower and clear too many tiles at once.)
For the moment, I'll be sticking to Special Mode, because I'm better at memorising individual patterns.
Either way, still making treasure easily thanks to you. ^^
Thank you so much for this guide -- it really helped me get the hang of this game! :)
Thank you so much for this guide -- it really helped me get the hang of this game! :)
@Lionturtle [quote]Clicking everything in the second row and bringing the tiles down is not a reliable solution for that problem, as I often go from 3 tiles in the fifth row to 5 or 1, and have to try many times before getting an even number.[/quote] Huh - I hit my cap yesterday with that method and never had that happen. Always got an even number. Are you working consistently from the top down? Recalling that the three key moves from that method are: [quote]If you weren't able to bring all tiles to the bottom because you have an odd number of tiles in the fourth row, click all tiles in the fourth row and continue solving.[/quote] [quote]If you have an odd number of tiles in the fifth row, click all tiles in the second row and bring the resulting tiles down.[/quote] [quote]If you have leftover tiles in the bottom two rows and you can't clear them, click the top two corners and bring the resulting tiles to the bottom, like this:[/quote] On a few occasions, I had to do all three of those things to get a solve, but as long as I kept working downward, and thus hitting each move in order, I never had to do any individual move more than once. I don't know if it's relevant, but after the click-all-in-the-second-row move (which leaves you with the center three hexes in that row tripped), the quickest way to move said hexes down is to click the third, fifth, and sixth hexes of the third row. @Melova Honestly, I wouldn't bother. I spent [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115/4#post_34141849]a lot of time[/url] playing with various configurations of special mode, and while it's a bit frustrating to think I did all that for nothing, now that I know about [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115#post_34094312]the hard-mode hack mentioned above[/url], I don't think I'm going back. You only get 1,600t per solve as opposed to 2kt, but it's [b]one[/b] moveset to memorize that works in [b]any[/b] configuration on a single consistent board, rather than memorizing the many movesets for the many possible configurations of all four special boards. It's much easier to do mindlessly, which means you can splitscreen it with the coli or other tasks. Of course, solves for the other shapes might be fun to find just for the puzzle of it, but I doubt they'll ever be worth it in terms of treasure for your time.
@Lionturtle
Quote:
Clicking everything in the second row and bringing the tiles down is not a reliable solution for that problem, as I often go from 3 tiles in the fifth row to 5 or 1, and have to try many times before getting an even number.

Huh - I hit my cap yesterday with that method and never had that happen. Always got an even number. Are you working consistently from the top down?

Recalling that the three key moves from that method are:
Quote:
If you weren't able to bring all tiles to the bottom because you have an odd number of tiles in the fourth row, click all tiles in the fourth row and continue solving.
Quote:
If you have an odd number of tiles in the fifth row, click all tiles in the second row and bring the resulting tiles down.
Quote:
If you have leftover tiles in the bottom two rows and you can't clear them, click the top two corners and bring the resulting tiles to the bottom, like this:
On a few occasions, I had to do all three of those things to get a solve, but as long as I kept working downward, and thus hitting each move in order, I never had to do any individual move more than once.

I don't know if it's relevant, but after the click-all-in-the-second-row move (which leaves you with the center three hexes in that row tripped), the quickest way to move said hexes down is to click the third, fifth, and sixth hexes of the third row.

@Melova

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. I spent a lot of time playing with various configurations of special mode, and while it's a bit frustrating to think I did all that for nothing, now that I know about the hard-mode hack mentioned above, I don't think I'm going back. You only get 1,600t per solve as opposed to 2kt, but it's one moveset to memorize that works in any configuration on a single consistent board, rather than memorizing the many movesets for the many possible configurations of all four special boards. It's much easier to do mindlessly, which means you can splitscreen it with the coli or other tasks.

Of course, solves for the other shapes might be fun to find just for the puzzle of it, but I doubt they'll ever be worth it in terms of treasure for your time.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Melova

Nothing at all wrong with that! Probably more the way the staff intended the game to be appreciated for that matter, lol.
@Melova

Nothing at all wrong with that! Probably more the way the staff intended the game to be appreciated for that matter, lol.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Lara8 thanks; I always go from the top down of course? Can't really go the other way. xD
I don't really hit each of those three moves in order, because I don't get problems with the fourth row, just with the fifth. Do you mean that one should always check the fourth row for an odd number of tiles before checking the fifth row, and try clicking the entire fourth row before trying the second-row move, even though that's not going downward?
The third move for leftover tiles in the last two rows always works for me. :D
(I also have trouble remembering which row is which as I switch between modes, so it's entirely possible that I just use the wrong move from time to time!)
@Lara8 thanks; I always go from the top down of course? Can't really go the other way. xD
I don't really hit each of those three moves in order, because I don't get problems with the fourth row, just with the fifth. Do you mean that one should always check the fourth row for an odd number of tiles before checking the fifth row, and try clicking the entire fourth row before trying the second-row move, even though that's not going downward?
The third move for leftover tiles in the last two rows always works for me. :D
(I also have trouble remembering which row is which as I switch between modes, so it's entirely possible that I just use the wrong move from time to time!)
@Lionturtle [quote]Do you mean that one should always check the fourth row for an odd number of tiles before checking the fifth row, and try clicking the entire fourth row before trying the second-row move, even though that's not going downward?[/quote] Yes. The top three rows can always be cleared downwards, regardless of whether they're even or odd, so clear them out completely first. Then check the fourth row. If it's an odd number, click them all. This will [b]not[/b] leave you with any leftovers in the third row, it will just give you an even number in the fourth, which you can clear down. [b]Then[/b] check the fifth row. If it's an odd number, do the second-row thing. At least so far as I've found, if the first move is unnecessary (because the fourth row has an even number of tiles), even if the second ends up becoming necessary (because the fifth row has an odd number of tiles) it doesn't mess up the fourth row (as I click the second row and solve downward, the fourth row will still have an even number and can be cleared). Similarly, if I manage to skip both of those moves (because the fourth and fifth rows both have even numbers of tiles when I reach them) but need to do the third move because of leftovers in the bottom two rows, it still doesn't leave me with odd tiles in the fourth or fifth rows. [quote](It doesn't get rid of the one leftover tile in the third row from the bottom, alas.)[/quote] Third from the bottom is the same as the fifth row; if you've got a single leftover tile there (or any other odd number), that's when you do the click-the-second-row-and-bring-them-down maneuver.
@Lionturtle
Quote:
Do you mean that one should always check the fourth row for an odd number of tiles before checking the fifth row, and try clicking the entire fourth row before trying the second-row move, even though that's not going downward?

Yes. The top three rows can always be cleared downwards, regardless of whether they're even or odd, so clear them out completely first.

Then check the fourth row. If it's an odd number, click them all. This will not leave you with any leftovers in the third row, it will just give you an even number in the fourth, which you can clear down.

Then check the fifth row. If it's an odd number, do the second-row thing.

At least so far as I've found, if the first move is unnecessary (because the fourth row has an even number of tiles), even if the second ends up becoming necessary (because the fifth row has an odd number of tiles) it doesn't mess up the fourth row (as I click the second row and solve downward, the fourth row will still have an even number and can be cleared).

Similarly, if I manage to skip both of those moves (because the fourth and fifth rows both have even numbers of tiles when I reach them) but need to do the third move because of leftovers in the bottom two rows, it still doesn't leave me with odd tiles in the fourth or fifth rows.

Quote:
(It doesn't get rid of the one leftover tile in the third row from the bottom, alas.)

Third from the bottom is the same as the fifth row; if you've got a single leftover tile there (or any other odd number), that's when you do the click-the-second-row-and-bring-them-down maneuver.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Alhazred hi! i'm sorry for the late reply. i will re-add names to the configurations.

you're right, it can be helpful to have more than one solving method. i will work those solving patterns you posted into the guide. thank you for them!

---

@WendigoStorm do you mean that, when starting a level, the board doesn't look like any of the configurations in this guide? that's normal. you need to move the tiles around a bit before getting there.
that's not really obvious in the beginning, so i'll write a little bit about it at the start of the guide. in the meantime, see Lara8's helpful explanation here.
if you don't mean that, then i'm not sure what you mean.

---

@Melova glad you like the guide! i've added a few more solutions for the light symbol, and i'll try to work on the shadow symbol today or soon
@Alhazred hi! i'm sorry for the late reply. i will re-add names to the configurations.

you're right, it can be helpful to have more than one solving method. i will work those solving patterns you posted into the guide. thank you for them!

---

@WendigoStorm do you mean that, when starting a level, the board doesn't look like any of the configurations in this guide? that's normal. you need to move the tiles around a bit before getting there.
that's not really obvious in the beginning, so i'll write a little bit about it at the start of the guide. in the meantime, see Lara8's helpful explanation here.
if you don't mean that, then i'm not sure what you mean.

---

@Melova glad you like the guide! i've added a few more solutions for the light symbol, and i'll try to work on the shadow symbol today or soon
fzww6al.png
Thank you for this guide! I maxed out Lucky Streak after a very long time :D
Thank you for this guide! I maxed out Lucky Streak after a very long time :D
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41 42