Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Chart/Survey] Hatchling Sizes: Gaolers!
1 2 3 4 5 6
No problem!
No problem!
This is super cool! I run a breeding lair for profit, and keep all the hatchlings until adulthood before selling, so I'll have plenty of data for you!
This is super cool! I run a breeding lair for profit, and keep all the hatchlings until adulthood before selling, so I'll have plenty of data for you!
Despite the username, I do use they/them
@RubyDragonQueen thank you! Submissions have tapered off over the last week (finals time getting in the way I guess) so I'd appreciate any submissions you can give!
@RubyDragonQueen thank you! Submissions have tapered off over the last week (finals time getting in the way I guess) so I'd appreciate any submissions you can give!
Y02PS6v.png
Bump because now we have teenagers!!!
Bump because now we have teenagers!!!
Y02PS6v.png
bump because I made a bunch of spreadsheet improvements and have implemented a leaderboard. I've also been doing the research on how to create a way for you guys to input your dragon's id number and have all their data come up and a growth chart be made, although that probably won't be up until Wednesday (got a final on Tuesday, pray to glademama it goes well). But yeah overall I'm improving the overall looks and feel of the spreadsheet (the new welcome page makes it load so much faster oh my god) and making it more readable and easy to use. Shout out to StarN1ght for beating me at the teenager entries by 5. I'm really enjoying the new leaderboard.
bump because I made a bunch of spreadsheet improvements and have implemented a leaderboard. I've also been doing the research on how to create a way for you guys to input your dragon's id number and have all their data come up and a growth chart be made, although that probably won't be up until Wednesday (got a final on Tuesday, pray to glademama it goes well). But yeah overall I'm improving the overall looks and feel of the spreadsheet (the new welcome page makes it load so much faster oh my god) and making it more readable and easy to use. Shout out to StarN1ght for beating me at the teenager entries by 5. I'm really enjoying the new leaderboard.
Y02PS6v.png
Bump! You can now enter your dragon's id and have personal charts be created! You can only edit the one single box on the Welcome page. Please give me feedback about how it works! It's still young, and there may be some kinks to work out.
Bump! You can now enter your dragon's id and have personal charts be created! You can only edit the one single box on the Welcome page. Please give me feedback about how it works! It's still young, and there may be some kinks to work out.
Y02PS6v.png
Update!
Averages for teenagers are now fully incorporated, except on the summary page. Also some general clean up. So sorry for the person who logged on and had to see me messing with the horrible horrible page that does the calculations for the personal graphs (shudder) You shouldn't have had to see the depraved, disorganized depths of my spreadsheet. God I got so frustrated with that I had to pick it back up after lunch... But! Soon your personal graphs will compare your dragons to the average for the breed! I'm figuring out the last formulas for that. I need feedback on people using the personal graphs by the way! I found an error that caused it to stop working completely. That's now fixed, but having you guys keep an eye out for graph-breaking actions and letting me know would be a big help.

Some time in the coming days I'll be releasing a survey about the Summary Page. Right now, although teenager averages are working, it's only showing hatchlings on the graph. Would you guys want there to be 2-3 separate pages for hatchling average graphs and teen average graphs? (like, one page for hatchlings, one for teens, and one for the two combined) Or would you rather I do just one page that has both teens and hatchlings? I won't be moving forward with updating the summary page until I get some opinions on that, so keep an eye out for the survey (or just tell me here).

Finally, coming updates:
  • Personal charts comparing your dragons to breed average - currently working on this
  • Calculating the range of sizes for breeds and days; as in, this size is a runt, and this size is giant, and this size is normal, so on and so forth.
  • In the guide post, I'll be starting to post visual size comparisons! Very excited about this, keep an eye out for it! I plan to give you guys lots of visuals to help you imagine your dragons - for instance, a newborn Fae is about the size of a newborn American crocodile! Newborn Imps are three times as long as a human is tall! I encourage suggestions for comparisons, and may end up commissioning an artist or two to help with some of the more time consuming visuals.
Update!
Averages for teenagers are now fully incorporated, except on the summary page. Also some general clean up. So sorry for the person who logged on and had to see me messing with the horrible horrible page that does the calculations for the personal graphs (shudder) You shouldn't have had to see the depraved, disorganized depths of my spreadsheet. God I got so frustrated with that I had to pick it back up after lunch... But! Soon your personal graphs will compare your dragons to the average for the breed! I'm figuring out the last formulas for that. I need feedback on people using the personal graphs by the way! I found an error that caused it to stop working completely. That's now fixed, but having you guys keep an eye out for graph-breaking actions and letting me know would be a big help.

Some time in the coming days I'll be releasing a survey about the Summary Page. Right now, although teenager averages are working, it's only showing hatchlings on the graph. Would you guys want there to be 2-3 separate pages for hatchling average graphs and teen average graphs? (like, one page for hatchlings, one for teens, and one for the two combined) Or would you rather I do just one page that has both teens and hatchlings? I won't be moving forward with updating the summary page until I get some opinions on that, so keep an eye out for the survey (or just tell me here).

Finally, coming updates:
  • Personal charts comparing your dragons to breed average - currently working on this
  • Calculating the range of sizes for breeds and days; as in, this size is a runt, and this size is giant, and this size is normal, so on and so forth.
  • In the guide post, I'll be starting to post visual size comparisons! Very excited about this, keep an eye out for it! I plan to give you guys lots of visuals to help you imagine your dragons - for instance, a newborn Fae is about the size of a newborn American crocodile! Newborn Imps are three times as long as a human is tall! I encourage suggestions for comparisons, and may end up commissioning an artist or two to help with some of the more time consuming visuals.
Y02PS6v.png
The personal charts are now fully completed, although very slow! It will compare your dragon to the breed average
The personal charts are now fully completed, although very slow! It will compare your dragon to the breed average
Y02PS6v.png
Bump. Sorry I kinda dropped off the map, I got a little burned out on this and FR in general
Bump. Sorry I kinda dropped off the map, I got a little burned out on this and FR in general
Y02PS6v.png
Bump. I'm taking a data visualization course and learning a lot, so I'm pumped again to make cool stuff for this project! So I need more data, especially teens!
Bump. I'm taking a data visualization course and learning a lot, so I'm pumped again to make cool stuff for this project! So I need more data, especially teens!
Y02PS6v.png
1 2 3 4 5 6