Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Beginner's Guide to Make Bios Look Nice
I have been playing this game for close to four years and only just now learned how to use code to make my dragon bios and clan info look all nice and stuff. It was hard gathering all the resources I used and took me a good part of a day to figure all this out. So I give a gift that I wish I received when I first joined. A collective list of all the resources I now use to utilize BBC.
Intro to BBC Code to Make Pretty Bios and Signatures!

So, you want to know about BBC coding huh? Well I have all the resources you will need to get the basics down pat!
To start off it is important to know that its going to take a while to understand all of this and the best way to learn is practice! Try out new layouts or try making your own! Below will be all the resources I used when I first learned how to use BBC.
The Resource Masterlist

BBC Guide

To start off, here is the flightrising forum post containing all the codes you will be using for BBC. You aren’t expected to remember all these, just keep an extra tab open when working with these as a reference.

Layouts

Here and here are some links to free dragon biography layouts! There should be an option to view these in their true code form and copy and paste them into your bio. After that it’s a matter of filling it out!

Banners

Banners are usually images that you put on the top of posts, but it’s your lore so do what you want! Here are some free to use banners. However, some artists that make free images simply want to be credited for their work. TheMythril for example made these banners and would like to be credited. Here is a copy and paste code to credit TheMythril for all their hard work! Be sure to message them to let them know you are using their images and delete the “A” in front of the “url” in the code so that it works.
Banners used in bios are the work of
[Aurl=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=171264]TheMythril[/url]

Images

Having your own resource of free to use images is kinda crucial. How else are you gonna make your bio, clan info, and signatures look pretty? Here are my personal links to some great images and resources from the flightrising forums and here are some cool wax seals to use for official looking letters from your clan! Finally, here is a link to a Tumblr post that has some additional images to use. Remember, always credit the artist if they ask to be credited and always make sure that they are okay with you using their images.

Signatures

Signatures are pretty easy to edit. To find them, click at the little triangle next to your name (on the top right of the page) -> Account Settings -> Forum Signature -> Edit. Once you hit edit you can use BBC to either input some images, write some text, or put gifs or pixels down. Here is a link to some free signatures on the flightrising forums.

And that is pretty much it! Now go forth and make some pretty bios! If you have anymore questions, feel free to message me and I will help as much as I can.

I have been playing this game for close to four years and only just now learned how to use code to make my dragon bios and clan info look all nice and stuff. It was hard gathering all the resources I used and took me a good part of a day to figure all this out. So I give a gift that I wish I received when I first joined. A collective list of all the resources I now use to utilize BBC.
Intro to BBC Code to Make Pretty Bios and Signatures!

So, you want to know about BBC coding huh? Well I have all the resources you will need to get the basics down pat!
To start off it is important to know that its going to take a while to understand all of this and the best way to learn is practice! Try out new layouts or try making your own! Below will be all the resources I used when I first learned how to use BBC.
The Resource Masterlist

BBC Guide

To start off, here is the flightrising forum post containing all the codes you will be using for BBC. You aren’t expected to remember all these, just keep an extra tab open when working with these as a reference.

Layouts

Here and here are some links to free dragon biography layouts! There should be an option to view these in their true code form and copy and paste them into your bio. After that it’s a matter of filling it out!

Banners

Banners are usually images that you put on the top of posts, but it’s your lore so do what you want! Here are some free to use banners. However, some artists that make free images simply want to be credited for their work. TheMythril for example made these banners and would like to be credited. Here is a copy and paste code to credit TheMythril for all their hard work! Be sure to message them to let them know you are using their images and delete the “A” in front of the “url” in the code so that it works.
Banners used in bios are the work of
[Aurl=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=171264]TheMythril[/url]

Images

Having your own resource of free to use images is kinda crucial. How else are you gonna make your bio, clan info, and signatures look pretty? Here are my personal links to some great images and resources from the flightrising forums and here are some cool wax seals to use for official looking letters from your clan! Finally, here is a link to a Tumblr post that has some additional images to use. Remember, always credit the artist if they ask to be credited and always make sure that they are okay with you using their images.

Signatures

Signatures are pretty easy to edit. To find them, click at the little triangle next to your name (on the top right of the page) -> Account Settings -> Forum Signature -> Edit. Once you hit edit you can use BBC to either input some images, write some text, or put gifs or pixels down. Here is a link to some free signatures on the flightrising forums.

And that is pretty much it! Now go forth and make some pretty bios! If you have anymore questions, feel free to message me and I will help as much as I can.

tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.pngSigrCX7.pngg4DcSLb.gifiLa7XQZ.pngtumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png
Thank you for posting this! :)
Thank you for posting this! :)
lmBVOQT.gifSNH9aOp.gif
@Aquaticzeus

Ah thank you so much!
@Aquaticzeus

Ah thank you so much!
zdkBiZa.png
^bump
^bump
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.pngSigrCX7.pngg4DcSLb.gifiLa7XQZ.pngtumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png
This helps alot! Thanks!
This helps alot! Thanks!
sfholder.png
^bump
^bump
Bump
Bump
She/Her, 8h ahead of FR time
DV hatching service!
bump! this is useful.
bump! this is useful.

__snek, snek, let down your necc
_ 5RUhw7e.gifmISblcI.gifXjw0MAJ.gif
bump! Thank you for this <3
bump! Thank you for this <3
JULZZZ.
"I only look at victory. That's all." -Bakugo Katsuki