Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | outfit/apparel layering ideas [WIP]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23
Well I'm up, but so far there's three votes for sorting by theme and three for sorting by location... Continues to be pretty much unanimous that I should do tagging, though.

I'm gonna have stuff to do other than just working on this today, so I'll give you all some more time to answer before I decide.

*also adds more people to the pinglist*
Well I'm up, but so far there's three votes for sorting by theme and three for sorting by location... Continues to be pretty much unanimous that I should do tagging, though.

I'm gonna have stuff to do other than just working on this today, so I'll give you all some more time to answer before I decide.

*also adds more people to the pinglist*
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
Okay well, looks like I'm not getting any more opinions on this. So, given it's 50/50 between sorting by theme and sorting by area, I'll keep it sorted by theme for now. However, I will be adding tags as that is something everyone seems to think is a good idea lol
Okay well, looks like I'm not getting any more opinions on this. So, given it's 50/50 between sorting by theme and sorting by area, I'll keep it sorted by theme for now. However, I will be adding tags as that is something everyone seems to think is a good idea lol
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
Pinglist please? :D
Pinglist please? :D
bead-divider-vertical-small-100x10.png Mikah or SentientPumpkins
MUYNhfy.png
JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
Lantern-2.png bead-divider-vertical-small-100x10.png
tChn3sz.png
I work full time and I'm a full time student, responses may be slow
Sure ^_^
Sure ^_^

ey/em, FR+8,
Ooh, those are some good outfits! Thank you :D
Ooh, those are some good outfits! Thank you :D
I'm glad you like them, there's a lot more still in the previous topic, I just didn't have chance to work on copying everything across the past couple days. Hopefully I should get some good work in tomorrow, though
I'm glad you like them, there's a lot more still in the previous topic, I just didn't have chance to work on copying everything across the past couple days. Hopefully I should get some good work in tomorrow, though

ey/em, FR+8,
the link to the fr item database is censored, just saying still submitting more [b]Name:*[/b] wing additions [b]Tags:[/b] ??? [b]primary category:*[/b] layering [b]subcategory:*[/b] accesories [b]Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel:*[/b] yes [b]Best on:[/b] everyone else [b]Questionable on:[/b] bogsneaks, coatls, fae f, nocs, ridge m, snapper f [b]Doesn't work on:[/b] no one [b]Picture:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=807,11218&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel:*[/b] [item=goldslab wingspan][item=solar blades] [b]Variations:[/b] [b]Notes:[/b] bogsneak looks somewhat okay with solar blades layered over the wingspan instead of reverse. some cases of the glowy part poking in front of the wingspan can be covered with a healer mantle or similar.
the link to the fr item database is censored, just saying
still submitting more
Name:* wing additions
Tags: ???
primary category:* layering
subcategory:* accesories
Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel:* yes
Best on: everyone else
Questionable on: bogsneaks, coatls, fae f, nocs, ridge m, snapper f
Doesn't work on: no one
Picture: dummy?breed=13&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=807,11218&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:* Goldslab Wingspan Solar Blades
Variations:
Notes: bogsneak looks somewhat okay with solar blades layered over the wingspan instead of reverse. some cases of the glowy part poking in front of the wingspan can be covered with a healer mantle or similar.
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
That's censored? Weird, I'll have to take a look at it and see if I can do anything
That's censored? Weird, I'll have to take a look at it and see if I can do anything

ey/em, FR+8,
I fixed the issue with the item database link by replacing it with a ******* link, as there appears to be no way for me to make the original url not get censored. I'm guessing that the top-level domain it's hosted on is regularly used for dodgy websites or is in fact a bad word in some other language, and so is just automatically censored, which unfortunately breaks the link. :(

(EDIT: Well, it's not a bad word, according to google it's quite simply Japanese for "girlfriend" lol. But if that's the url then I'm guessing there are indeed probably multiple websites hosted under that with quite inappropriate content, which would certain explain why it was censored. The item database is safe though I promise!)
I fixed the issue with the item database link by replacing it with a ******* link, as there appears to be no way for me to make the original url not get censored. I'm guessing that the top-level domain it's hosted on is regularly used for dodgy websites or is in fact a bad word in some other language, and so is just automatically censored, which unfortunately breaks the link. :(

(EDIT: Well, it's not a bad word, according to google it's quite simply Japanese for "girlfriend" lol. But if that's the url then I'm guessing there are indeed probably multiple websites hosted under that with quite inappropriate content, which would certain explain why it was censored. The item database is safe though I promise!)

ey/em, FR+8,
Was messing around in the dressing room a bit and it caused me to come up with this!: [b]Name:[/b] Power Armor [b]Tags:[/b] Armor, sci-fi, technology [b]primary category:*[/b] Outfit [b]subcategory:*[/b] Battle/armor [b]Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel:[/b] NOPE [b]Does it work on all breeds/genders:*[/b] No [b]Best on:[/b] Bogsneaks,Guardian M, Imperials, Mirrors, Nocturne F, Pearlcatchers, Skydancer F, Spiral F, Tundra M, Wildclaw F [b]Questionable on:[/b] Coatl F, Faes, Guardian F, Nocturne M, Rigdebacks, Skydancer M, Tundra F (Might also be considered as "doesn't work"), Wildclaw M [b]Doesn't work on:[/b] Snappers, Spiral M (looks funny to me) [b]Picture:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=3&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=7283,9829,8598,9823,9448,7279,7280,8812,9217,9825,13785,13817,13841,13857,13833,13793,12930&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel:*[/b] [item=Tarnished Steel Helmet][item=Cobalt Filigree Helmet][item=Ebony Filigree Gauntlets][item=Cobalt Filigree Banner][item=Tarnished Steel Belt][item=Tarnished Steel Boots][item=Ebony Filigree Tail Guard][item=Ebony Filigree Breastplate][item=Cobalt Filigree Boots][item=Dusk Rogue Vest][item=Dusk Rogue Trousers][item=Dusk Rouge Tail Binding][item=Dusk Rogue Wing Guard][item=Dusk Rogue Mask][item=Dusk Rogue Bracers][item=Black Aviator Gloves] [b]Variations:[/b] Something like the above combo (yeah, I got lazy :P) [b]Notes:[/b] [LIST] [*]For Coatl F, Faes, Guardian F, Nocturne M, Skydancer M , and Wildclaw M, some layering adjustments are required to look better (The problem is usually the gauntlets). [*]For Ridgebacks, the fin/membrane shows though (worst with males). [*]Wit Tundra F, the filigree boots appears larger/thicker than the other boots. [*]Can also add scars to mimic armor damage (Darken scars probably works best). [*]Always use Dusk rouge pieces for the under armor (This one you don't need to show). [*]Can also replace the tarnished boots with Mesa Mechanojets and add steampunk wings to create a type of jetpack armor. [/LIST] Edit: Added a note
Was messing around in the dressing room a bit and it caused me to come up with this!:
Name: Power Armor
Tags: Armor, sci-fi, technology
primary category:* Outfit
subcategory:* Battle/armor
Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel: NOPE
Does it work on all breeds/genders:* No
Best on: Bogsneaks,Guardian M, Imperials, Mirrors, Nocturne F, Pearlcatchers, Skydancer F, Spiral F, Tundra M, Wildclaw F
Questionable on: Coatl F, Faes, Guardian F, Nocturne M, Rigdebacks, Skydancer M, Tundra F (Might also be considered as "doesn't work"), Wildclaw M
Doesn't work on: Snappers, Spiral M (looks funny to me)
Picture:
dummy?breed=3&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=7283,9829,8598,9823,9448,7279,7280,8812,9217,9825,13785,13817,13841,13857,13833,13793,12930&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:*
Tarnished Steel Helmet Cobalt Filigree Helmet Ebony Filigree Gauntlets Cobalt Filigree Banner Tarnished Steel Belt Tarnished Steel Boots Ebony Filigree Tail Guard Ebony Filigree Breastplate Cobalt Filigree Boots Dusk Rogue Vest Dusk Rogue Trousers Dusk Rogue Wing Guard Dusk Rogue Mask Dusk Rogue Bracers Black Aviator Gloves
Variations: Something like the above combo (yeah, I got lazy :P)
Notes:
  • For Coatl F, Faes, Guardian F, Nocturne M, Skydancer M , and Wildclaw M, some layering adjustments are required to look better (The problem is usually the gauntlets).
  • For Ridgebacks, the fin/membrane shows though (worst with males).
  • Wit Tundra F, the filigree boots appears larger/thicker than the other boots.
  • Can also add scars to mimic armor damage (Darken scars probably works best).
  • Always use Dusk rouge pieces for the under armor (This one you don't need to show).
  • Can also replace the tarnished boots with Mesa Mechanojets and add steampunk wings to create a type of jetpack armor.
Edit: Added a note
7jRUFbW.png
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home
7kHxxxY.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23