Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Baldwin Genes Profit Calculator
You can make treasure just by buying Baldwin mats off of the auction house, using them to brew a gene, and then selling that gene. But, how much treasure can you make? How much will the initial materials cost? Which gene is the most profitable? This spreadsheet is designed to answer all of those questions and more.

The Spreadsheet

How to Use
1. You'll want to begin by filling out the form here, which is also linked on the spreadsheet. Doing this will update the sheet with the current lowest auction house prices for all of the baldwin materials and the selling prices for the genes!

2. In a hurry and don't have time to fill out the form? No worries. If the timestamp under "Last Form Response" is pretty recent (IE in the last 3-ish days), the auction house shouldn't have moved too much and you can probably feel comfortable looking at the calculations that are already there.

3. The 'Materials' chart on the left side will show you the unit price for each material. Check the 'Required Materials' chart under the 'Material Data' sheet for a quick reference on what materials you need to brew each gene!

4. Under the 'Gene' chart, you'll find the selling price of the gene on the auction house, the cost to make the gene (the cost to buy all of the materials and the cost to brew the gene), and finally, the profit which is the amount of treasure you'd make by buying the materials, brewing the gene, and selling the gene.

5. Underneath "best profit" will be the Baldwin gene that will currently net you the most profit, and what that profit would be (on estimate).

6. More for informative purposes, there is also a calculation of the brewing time for each gene and how much treasure you would be making per minute by brewing and selling that gene.

---

This is my first time making a spreadsheet with some actual calculations involved, so I hope everything looks alright and that it turns out to be useful! <3

Let me know if it looks like something needs to be changed or if you have any suggestions to make the sheet better!
You can make treasure just by buying Baldwin mats off of the auction house, using them to brew a gene, and then selling that gene. But, how much treasure can you make? How much will the initial materials cost? Which gene is the most profitable? This spreadsheet is designed to answer all of those questions and more.

The Spreadsheet

How to Use
1. You'll want to begin by filling out the form here, which is also linked on the spreadsheet. Doing this will update the sheet with the current lowest auction house prices for all of the baldwin materials and the selling prices for the genes!

2. In a hurry and don't have time to fill out the form? No worries. If the timestamp under "Last Form Response" is pretty recent (IE in the last 3-ish days), the auction house shouldn't have moved too much and you can probably feel comfortable looking at the calculations that are already there.

3. The 'Materials' chart on the left side will show you the unit price for each material. Check the 'Required Materials' chart under the 'Material Data' sheet for a quick reference on what materials you need to brew each gene!

4. Under the 'Gene' chart, you'll find the selling price of the gene on the auction house, the cost to make the gene (the cost to buy all of the materials and the cost to brew the gene), and finally, the profit which is the amount of treasure you'd make by buying the materials, brewing the gene, and selling the gene.

5. Underneath "best profit" will be the Baldwin gene that will currently net you the most profit, and what that profit would be (on estimate).

6. More for informative purposes, there is also a calculation of the brewing time for each gene and how much treasure you would be making per minute by brewing and selling that gene.

---

This is my first time making a spreadsheet with some actual calculations involved, so I hope everything looks alright and that it turns out to be useful! <3

Let me know if it looks like something needs to be changed or if you have any suggestions to make the sheet better!
Did you know: You're cool. Yup, that's about it.
@Vikusen

Thank you so much! This is amazing do you have a pinglist you can add me to if you ever update?
@Vikusen

Thank you so much! This is amazing do you have a pinglist you can add me to if you ever update?
~She/Her~FR+3/EST
i just sent in a form - and found out that you are actually loosing money right now if you buy the materials for spinner :0

but yeah this is very interesting :3
i just sent in a form - and found out that you are actually loosing money right now if you buy the materials for spinner :0

but yeah this is very interesting :3
underskrift-geo.png
oh! :O
this is neat, i can’t wait to see the cost of mats during the gala and fests after that
oh! :O
this is neat, i can’t wait to see the cost of mats during the gala and fests after that
xb036Bv.png
» jockey
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
@Vikusen

I was wondering if you could update it to include pinstripe and trail as well? :D

Edit: capsule would also be nice to have on the sheet c:

perhaps also bogsneak breed change and bogsneak egg? but those arent quite as relevant~
@Vikusen

I was wondering if you could update it to include pinstripe and trail as well? :D

Edit: capsule would also be nice to have on the sheet c:

perhaps also bogsneak breed change and bogsneak egg? but those arent quite as relevant~
underskrift-geo.png