Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to Level Quickly in Alchemy [WIP]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][font=century]I've seen plenty of guides on the [i]items[/i] for Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, but not essentially a guide on how to achieve ranking up the fastest. Keep in mind this isn't a teaching guide, if you need help with transmutations or how Baldwin works, this isn't the place. To start, each basic transmutation grants you 15 XP, which isn't much, but worth taking note of. Keep in mind I am always going to multiply this amount by 2 in the likely case you get XP from transmuting something and receiving the wrong variant. What you need to look at first is what gives the most XP after being made. You may see something you'd like to make not listed in this guide, but I'm going to focus on the [i]fastest[/i] shortcuts. ------------------------ [center][font=century]Level 1/2 [200 XP][600XP] [item=glass beaker][item=obsidian roundhorn] [center][font=century][14 Hours] ------------------------ [center][font=century] You only need 200 XP to graduate from Level 1, so you'll only be doing transmutations for now. Instead, we're going to look ahead at Level 2 and see what grants the most XP. That item is the Obsidian Roundhorn, with 105 XP. In total, you're going to need 600 XP to graduate from Level 1 & 2, so let's keep that in mind. Before you make the Roundhorn, however, notice you're going to make a Glass Beaker, a Level 1 recipe granting 25 XP. Between the two, you're going to need 7 transmuted materials, granting 210 XP, enough for you to graduate from Level 1. Once you've brewed the Beaker to make the Roundhorn, and brewed the Roundhorn, you should have 140 XP. (There's 10 left over from the transmutations.) You should have 260 XP to go, so create 2 sets of glowing clawtips, any colors, which should advance you to Level 3. ------------------------ [center][font=century]Level 3 [700 XP] [item=glass beaker][item=amethyst roundhorn] [center][font=century][33 Hours] ------------------------ [center][font=century]The item that grants the most XP up to Level 3 is the Amethyst Roundhorn, with 115 XP. Conveniently, if you made a Roundhorn in Level 2 you should already have a spare. However, I'm going to consider you don't, so let's make one first. Again, there's 7 transmuted materials needed, so you get a bonus of 210 XP once you obtain them, leaving us with 490 XP to go. Once you've brewed the Beaker to make the Roundhorn, and brewed the Roundhorn, you should have 140 XP. You should have 350 XP to go now, so repeat this entire Level 3 process and you should be at Level 4. ------------------------ [center][font=century]Level 4 [1100 XP] [item=prismatic meditate][item=plumed anticipate] [center][font=century][15 Hours] ------------------------ [center][font=century]The item that grants the most XP up to Level 4 is the Prismatic Meditate, with 300 XP. There's 10 transmuted materials needed, so you get a bonus of 300 XP once you obtain them, leaving us with 800 XP to go. Once you've brewed the Prismatic Meditate, there should be 500 XP left, so we're going to make a Plumed Anticipate, which should grant 320 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 180 XP left to go, so the best thing to do would be to make 12 basic transmutations. ------------------------ [center][font=century]Level 5 [1600 XP] [item=prismatic meditate][item=plum wooly tail][item=plum wooly coat] [center][font=century][11 Hours] ------------------------ [center][font=century]The item that grants the most XP up to Level 5 is still the Prismatic Meditate, with 300 XP. There's 10 transmuted materials needed, so you get a bonus of 300 XP once you obtain them, leaving us with 1300 XP to go. Once you've brewed the Prismatic Meditate, there should be 1000 XP left, so we're going to make another, which should grant 600 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 400 XP left to go, so we're going to make a Plum Wooly Coat/Tail (your choice). This should leave you with 50 XP to go, so make 4 basic transmutations. ------------------------ [center][font=century]Level 6 [2200 XP] [item=swamphaunt kelpie] [center][font=century][30 Hours] ------------------------ [center][font=century]The items that grant the most XP up to Level 6 are the Kelpies, with 900 XP each. First, we're going to make a Swamphaunt Kelpie, because those require one more item, 5 in total and granting 150 bonus XP. Once you've brewed the Swamphaunt Kelpie, there should be 1150 XP left, so we're going to make another, which should grant 1050 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 150 XP left to go, so make 10 basic transmutations. ------------------------ [center][font=century]Level 7 [2900 XP] [item=marsh frog companion] [center][font=century][24 Hours] ------------------------ [center][font=century]The items that grants the most XP up to Level 7 [i]technically[/i] is the Scales gene, but as I'm attempting to make this guide convenient, I'm going to assume that method is a bit spendy. Instead, let's look at next best, an easy Marsh Frog Companion, granting 1200 XP. This requires 7 transmutations, granting 210 bonus XP. Once you've brewed the Marsh Frog Companion, there should be 1490 XP left, so we're going to make another, which should grant another 1410 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 80 XP left to go, so make 6 basic transmutations. -------------------------- [center][font=century]Level 8 [3700 XP] [item=horned frog companion][item=glass beaker][item=lab coat] [center][font=century][34 Hours] ------------------------ [center][font=century]Again, the items that grant the most XP up to Level 8 [i]technically[/i] are the Skink and Spinner genes, but as I'm attempting to make this guide convenient, I'm going to assume that method is a bit spendy. Instead, let's look at next best, an easy Horned Frog Companion, granting 1250 XP. This requires 7 transmutations, granting 210 bonus XP. Once you've brewed the Marsh Frog Companion, there should be 2240 XP left, so we're going to make another, which should grant another 1410 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 830 XP left to go, so make a Lab Coat to finish up the job (15 materials, 700 XP) and you should advance to Level 9 after 9 more basic transmutations. -------------------------- [center][font=century]Level 9 [4600 XP] [item=desert rain frog companion][item=glowing red clawtips] [center][font=century][57 Hours] ------------------------ [center][font=century]Frogs continue to be one of the most profitable choices. Level 9 adds the Desert Frog Companion, which is a step up from the Horned Frog as it requires 5 transmutations instead of 7. These 5 transmutations give us 150 XP. The frog itself should give you 1250, leaving us with 3,200 XP to go. Transmute for those 5 materials again, granting another 150, and create another desert frog to bring us to 1800. Transmute and make [i]another[/i] frog, bringing us down to the last 400. You can finish up the job with glowing clawtips [color of your choice] and 8 extra basic transmutations. -------------------------- [center][font=century]Level 10 [5600 XP] [item=desert rain frog companion][item=swamphaunt kelpie][item=glowing red clawtips] [center][font=century][76 Hours] ------------------------ [center][font=century]Nothing in Level 10 tops the Desert Rain Frog Companion [except for Poison and Toxin, but again, skipping for the sake of this guide], so we're going to use a similar method. Make your first 5 basic transmutations and frog, bringing us down to 4,200 XP. Rinse and repeat twice to get us to 1,400. Next we're going to make a Swamphaunt Kelpie, with 5 transmutations granting 150 and the kelpie itself granting 900. We're left with 350 XP, so make glowing clawtips [color of your choice] and 7 basic transmutations to finish up. [More to come]
I've seen plenty of guides on the items for Baldwin's Bubbling Brew, but not essentially a guide on how to achieve ranking up the fastest.

Keep in mind this isn't a teaching guide, if you need help with transmutations or how Baldwin works, this isn't the place.

To start, each basic transmutation grants you 15 XP, which isn't much, but worth taking note of.
Keep in mind I am always going to multiply this amount by 2 in the likely case you get XP from transmuting something and receiving the wrong variant.

What you need to look at first is what gives the most XP after being made. You may see something you'd like to make not listed in this guide, but I'm going to focus on the fastest shortcuts.

Level 1/2 [200 XP][600XP]

Glass Beaker Obsidian Roundhorn

[14 Hours]

You only need 200 XP to graduate from Level 1, so you'll only be doing transmutations for now. Instead, we're going to look ahead at Level 2 and see what grants the most XP. That item is the Obsidian Roundhorn, with 105 XP. In total, you're going to need 600 XP to graduate from Level 1 & 2, so let's keep that in mind. Before you make the Roundhorn, however, notice you're going to make a Glass Beaker, a Level 1 recipe granting 25 XP. Between the two, you're going to need 7 transmuted materials, granting 210 XP, enough for you to graduate from Level 1. Once you've brewed the Beaker to make the Roundhorn, and brewed the Roundhorn, you should have 140 XP. (There's 10 left over from the transmutations.) You should have 260 XP to go, so create 2 sets of glowing clawtips, any colors, which should advance you to Level 3.

Level 3 [700 XP]

Glass Beaker Amethyst Roundhorn

[33 Hours]

The item that grants the most XP up to Level 3 is the Amethyst Roundhorn, with 115 XP. Conveniently, if you made a Roundhorn in Level 2 you should already have a spare. However, I'm going to consider you don't, so let's make one first. Again, there's 7 transmuted materials needed, so you get a bonus of 210 XP once you obtain them, leaving us with 490 XP to go. Once you've brewed the Beaker to make the Roundhorn, and brewed the Roundhorn, you should have 140 XP. You should have 350 XP to go now, so repeat this entire Level 3 process and you should be at Level 4.

Level 4 [1100 XP]

Prismatic Meditate Plumed Anticipate

[15 Hours]

The item that grants the most XP up to Level 4 is the Prismatic Meditate, with 300 XP. There's 10 transmuted materials needed, so you get a bonus of 300 XP once you obtain them, leaving us with 800 XP to go. Once you've brewed the Prismatic Meditate, there should be 500 XP left, so we're going to make a Plumed Anticipate, which should grant 320 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 180 XP left to go, so the best thing to do would be to make 12 basic transmutations.

Level 5 [1600 XP]

Prismatic Meditate Plum Wooly Tail Plum Wooly Coat

[11 Hours]

The item that grants the most XP up to Level 5 is still the Prismatic Meditate, with 300 XP. There's 10 transmuted materials needed, so you get a bonus of 300 XP once you obtain them, leaving us with 1300 XP to go. Once you've brewed the Prismatic Meditate, there should be 1000 XP left, so we're going to make another, which should grant 600 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 400 XP left to go, so we're going to make a Plum Wooly Coat/Tail (your choice). This should leave you with 50 XP to go, so make 4 basic transmutations.

Level 6 [2200 XP]

Swamphaunt Kelpie

[30 Hours]

The items that grant the most XP up to Level 6 are the Kelpies, with 900 XP each. First, we're going to make a Swamphaunt Kelpie, because those require one more item, 5 in total and granting 150 bonus XP. Once you've brewed the Swamphaunt Kelpie, there should be 1150 XP left, so we're going to make another, which should grant 1050 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 150 XP left to go, so make 10 basic transmutations.

Level 7 [2900 XP]

Marsh Frog Companion

[24 Hours]

The items that grants the most XP up to Level 7 technically is the Scales gene, but as I'm attempting to make this guide convenient, I'm going to assume that method is a bit spendy. Instead, let's look at next best, an easy Marsh Frog Companion, granting 1200 XP. This requires 7 transmutations, granting 210 bonus XP. Once you've brewed the Marsh Frog Companion, there should be 1490 XP left, so we're going to make another, which should grant another 1410 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 80 XP left to go, so make 6 basic transmutations.

Level 8 [3700 XP]

Horned Frog Companion Glass Beaker Lab Coat

[34 Hours]

Again, the items that grant the most XP up to Level 8 technically are the Skink and Spinner genes, but as I'm attempting to make this guide convenient, I'm going to assume that method is a bit spendy. Instead, let's look at next best, an easy Horned Frog Companion, granting 1250 XP. This requires 7 transmutations, granting 210 bonus XP. Once you've brewed the Marsh Frog Companion, there should be 2240 XP left, so we're going to make another, which should grant another 1410 XP with transmutations. After that, there should be only 830 XP left to go, so make a Lab Coat to finish up the job (15 materials, 700 XP) and you should advance to Level 9 after 9 more basic transmutations.

Level 9 [4600 XP]

Desert Rain Frog Companion Glowing Red Clawtips

[57 Hours]

Frogs continue to be one of the most profitable choices. Level 9 adds the Desert Frog Companion, which is a step up from the Horned Frog as it requires 5 transmutations instead of 7. These 5 transmutations give us 150 XP. The frog itself should give you 1250, leaving us with 3,200 XP to go. Transmute for those 5 materials again, granting another 150, and create another desert frog to bring us to 1800. Transmute and make another frog, bringing us down to the last 400. You can finish up the job with glowing clawtips [color of your choice] and 8 extra basic transmutations.

Level 10 [5600 XP]

Desert Rain Frog Companion Swamphaunt Kelpie Glowing Red Clawtips

[76 Hours]

Nothing in Level 10 tops the Desert Rain Frog Companion [except for Poison and Toxin, but again, skipping for the sake of this guide], so we're going to use a similar method. Make your first 5 basic transmutations and frog, bringing us down to 4,200 XP. Rinse and repeat twice to get us to 1,400. Next we're going to make a Swamphaunt Kelpie, with 5 transmutations granting 150 and the kelpie itself granting 900. We're left with 350 XP, so make glowing clawtips [color of your choice] and 7 basic transmutations to finish up.

[More to come]

Untitled_Artwork_87.png
lCK29fT.png5hF3FGk.pngFObX7rS.pngDxCICZ1.pngnWiQNX9.pngxYQkuHQ.png
88x31.gif
Untitled_Artwork_87.png
88x31.gif
save
save
Untitled_Artwork_87.png
88x31.gif
save
save
Untitled_Artwork_87.png
88x31.gif
This is a really interesting iniciative! I'm really excited to see the end result of the guide :D
This is a really interesting iniciative! I'm really excited to see the end result of the guide :D
she/her
@MafagafoGirl

Thank you! Had it in the back of my head for a while and thought it might be fun and helpful.
@MafagafoGirl

Thank you! Had it in the back of my head for a while and thought it might be fun and helpful.
Untitled_Artwork_87.png
88x31.gif
This is... absolutely amazing. I love it :D so useful (runs off to Baldwin’s cauldron)
This is... absolutely amazing. I love it :D so useful (runs off to Baldwin’s cauldron)
Clan Lore
@CelestialPrime

Glad you find it helpful! Good luck with your brewing.
@CelestialPrime

Glad you find it helpful! Good luck with your brewing.
Untitled_Artwork_87.png
88x31.gif
@maelix

thanks for the guide! gives me incentive to actually start brewing things lol
@maelix

thanks for the guide! gives me incentive to actually start brewing things lol
4ZwFOyz.png
Was just wondering about this the other day! Have made it to lvl 5 just by reducing junk, this should speed things up nicely! Thanks for the guide, look forward to seeing the rest :)
Was just wondering about this the other day! Have made it to lvl 5 just by reducing junk, this should speed things up nicely! Thanks for the guide, look forward to seeing the rest :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9