Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Comprehensive Gene Guide
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@BeardedDragon123

Great, thanks for adding them to the list. I've finished a Saturn/Jupiter guide and I plan to do all the incomplete gene pairs. Just gotta wait to post a new thread so that I don't clog up the whole front page.
@BeardedDragon123

Great, thanks for adding them to the list. I've finished a Saturn/Jupiter guide and I plan to do all the incomplete gene pairs. Just gotta wait to post a new thread so that I don't clog up the whole front page.
@Shisa
Wow, thanks! It helps a lot. It's kind of sad that the treasure genes don't get a lot of attention guide-wise, but I guess we'll fix that.
@Shisa
Wow, thanks! It helps a lot. It's kind of sad that the treasure genes don't get a lot of attention guide-wise, but I guess we'll fix that.
On hiatus
@BeardedDragon123

Seems like people tend to not make guides for them unless they are newly released!
@BeardedDragon123

Seems like people tend to not make guides for them unless they are newly released!
@BeardedDragon123 I've made two more guides! I was going to start on Iridescent and Shimmer, but I'm not sure how to go about it... [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=14&element=6&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=1&auth=bcc1d2233d96c185a0a8e4c9216a0d43cc15311a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=1&element=6&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=1&auth=4490bd8b590e5d9ab26c058f064ecca60b416cd1&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=3&element=6&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=1&auth=1215ce3e8c7271761a5792fd3852bfb8564445e5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] These three are all identical except for the breed, and yet they look so incredibly different. Iridescent and shimmer are unique in how they tend to have a distinct look per dragon template, and I don't know if a single dragon template would do it justice.
@BeardedDragon123

I've made two more guides! I was going to start on Iridescent and Shimmer, but I'm not sure how to go about it...

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=14&element=6&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=1&auth=bcc1d2233d96c185a0a8e4c9216a0d43cc15311a&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=1&element=6&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=1&auth=4490bd8b590e5d9ab26c058f064ecca60b416cd1&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=3&element=6&gender=1&tert=1&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=1&auth=1215ce3e8c7271761a5792fd3852bfb8564445e5&dummyext=prev.png

These three are all identical except for the breed, and yet they look so incredibly different. Iridescent and shimmer are unique in how they tend to have a distinct look per dragon template, and I don't know if a single dragon template would do it justice.
@BeardedDragon123 there is now a ripple/current guide

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2351441
@BeardedDragon123 there is now a ripple/current guide

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2351441
Ibadges.png 1SzXxst.png
@Shisha @BeardedDragon123 I'm working on a Vipera/Hypnotic one right now
@Shisha @BeardedDragon123 I'm working on a Vipera/Hypnotic one right now
Ibadges.png 1SzXxst.png
@SomethingSmarmy

Dang your guide looks comprehensive!
@SomethingSmarmy

Dang your guide looks comprehensive!
@Shisa @SomethingSmarmy
I'll add in all the recent guides as soon as I'm able to.
I think for Iridescent you should do all the dragon breeds and genders (like TLTS), since they are so different. Thanks for making these!
@Shisa @SomethingSmarmy
I'll add in all the recent guides as soon as I'm able to.
I think for Iridescent you should do all the dragon breeds and genders (like TLTS), since they are so different. Thanks for making these!
On hiatus
@BeardedDragon123

Thanks! I've made a whole bunch of guides since you last updated. If SomethingSmarmy can finish that very ambitious and thorough vipera +hypnotic guide, then that leaves only a few gene pairs left.

For iridescent and shimmer, I was thinking of a different approach. One post per color, with all 14 breeds on display in both male and female. (Babies excluded because permababies are so uncommon.) One post per color would prevent the guide from getting packed with slow-loading images. That would be over 100 posts in a row though. Would posting that much be considered spammy, I wonder?
@BeardedDragon123

Thanks! I've made a whole bunch of guides since you last updated. If SomethingSmarmy can finish that very ambitious and thorough vipera +hypnotic guide, then that leaves only a few gene pairs left.

For iridescent and shimmer, I was thinking of a different approach. One post per color, with all 14 breeds on display in both male and female. (Babies excluded because permababies are so uncommon.) One post per color would prevent the guide from getting packed with slow-loading images. That would be over 100 posts in a row though. Would posting that much be considered spammy, I wonder?
@Shisa
Maybe two-three colors per post? It would be quite a lot of images, but fewer posts overall. If you wanted to, you could even make two or more threads, titled as "... guide part 1, part 2, etc."
@Shisa
Maybe two-three colors per post? It would be quite a lot of images, but fewer posts overall. If you wanted to, you could even make two or more threads, titled as "... guide part 1, part 2, etc."
On hiatus
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12