Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Crowe's BBcode Compedium!
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 32 33
bump for a guide that's super helpful
bump for a guide that's super helpful
goosehonk.pngXtd8gvm.pngwetturt.pngr9qdtOG.pngafNQRjo.png
@EldritchCrowe I'm familiar with getting item images to show, either by image links or item codes but I'm wondering if its possible to get the smaller icons to appear? (similar to the little ones that appear in the Sell menu or PM attachment popup.)

I've clicked on the image and copied image address and its the same .png for both so I'm assuming what I'm trying to do is impossible and the site does the resizing depending on where it is displaying the image, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask around!
@EldritchCrowe I'm familiar with getting item images to show, either by image links or item codes but I'm wondering if its possible to get the smaller icons to appear? (similar to the little ones that appear in the Sell menu or PM attachment popup.)

I've clicked on the image and copied image address and its the same .png for both so I'm assuming what I'm trying to do is impossible and the site does the resizing depending on where it is displaying the image, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask around!
qDkA25S.png
There's also the morphology tag to go along with the other FR specific tags! [s]also for some reason, white quinoa keeps showing up in my code even though I didn't put it there in the first place??????[/s] [code][morphology=2622398][/code] [morphology=2622398]
There's also the morphology tag to go along with the other FR specific tags! also for some reason, white quinoa keeps showing up in my code even though I didn't put it there in the first place??????
Code:
[morphology=2622398]

Obelisk Genes
xx Left.png
Tricolor/Aries
8DvaHnX.png
n4H37dx.png
hh5n4WA.png
lAvpyOQ.png
006-002.png windvs1.png 005-002.png
Links
Dragon_Sales.png
ciurGcg.png
Mf1oI42.png
3qzCkO1.png
Right.png
[quote name="crowbartender" date="2022-03-01 10:20:33" ] oh man, this post is old but gold! now i know how to put my breeding pairs next to each other in columns :) [/quote] @crowbartender Old? [i]Old???[/i] Harrumph. How dare you! This guide is only... Oh, wow. This has been up longer than I thought. Carry on. ----- [quote name="gn0me" date="2022-05-29 23:30:05" ] @EldritchCrowe I'm familiar with getting item images to show, either by image links or item codes but I'm wondering if its possible to get the smaller icons to appear? (similar to the little ones that appear in the Sell menu or PM attachment popup.) I've clicked on the image and copied image address and its the same .png for both so I'm assuming what I'm trying to do is impossible and the site does the resizing depending on where it is displaying the image, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask around! [/quote] @gn0me Not to my knowledge, sorry. You'd probably have to manually shrink an image. ----- [quote name="tricolorCarrion" date="2022-06-05 19:08:20" ] There's also the morphology tag to go along with the other FR specific tags! [s]also for some reason, white quinoa keeps showing up in my code even though I didn't put it there in the first place??????[/s] [code][morphology=2622398][/code] [morphology=2622398] [/quote] @tricolorCarrion [i]Back in my day,[/i] we didn't have these newfangled [i]morphologies![/i] Thanks for the heads up! I'll go ahead and add that
crowbartender wrote on 2022-03-01 10:20:33:
oh man, this post is old but gold! now i know how to put my breeding pairs next to each other in columns :)

@crowbartender
Old? Old???
Harrumph. How dare you! This guide is only... Oh, wow. This has been up longer than I thought.

Carry on.

gn0me wrote on 2022-05-29 23:30:05:

@gn0me
Not to my knowledge, sorry. You'd probably have to manually shrink an image.

tricolorCarrion wrote on 2022-06-05 19:08:20:
There's also the morphology tag to go along with the other FR specific tags! also for some reason, white quinoa keeps showing up in my code even though I didn't put it there in the first place??????
Code:
[morphology=2622398]

Obelisk Genes

@tricolorCarrion
Back in my day, we didn't have these newfangled morphologies!

Thanks for the heads up! I'll go ahead and add that
| Crowe's BBCode Compendium |
- - - Click here to learn everything (and more) about BBCoding! - - -

| ||
Dragon bios | Signatures | Hatcheries || |
gonna ping myself so i don’t lose this and go hunting for it for 10 minutes again.. @glacievern

this is a much better and much more helpful guide than the one people usually link to! thank you! the section on columns is especially helpful ^^
gonna ping myself so i don’t lose this and go hunting for it for 10 minutes again.. @glacievern

this is a much better and much more helpful guide than the one people usually link to! thank you! the section on columns is especially helpful ^^
memtro
fr+3
he/xey
demiboy

Untitled_Artwork.png
Untitled_Artwork.png
Untitled_Artwork.png
Untitled_Artwork.png
Untitled_Artwork.png
Untitled_Artwork.png
—— songs that are important to me
or that give me unreasonable joy :>
They should sticky this lol
They should sticky this lol
hi ~
This is AMAZING!! Where has this thread been my whole life??? [i]Okay, that's a bit dramatic. This is wonderful! I have learned so much about general BBCode, and how to use it in FR, which I've been looking for ever since I joined. Thank you![/i] [emoji=gold star size=1]
This is AMAZING!! Where has this thread been my whole life???

Okay, that's a bit dramatic. This is wonderful! I have learned so much about general BBCode, and how to use it in FR, which I've been looking for ever since I joined. Thank you!
tumblr_lj1o82mbmf1qcwik5o1_250.gif
saving! this is great!
saving! this is great!

NgUKpza.jpg
Bumping as this was very helpful!
Bumping as this was very helpful!
I hope it's okay if I ping you @EldritchCrowe I'm in a pickle and I'm not sure how I can fix it. Or if its even possible. I'm currently working on my dragon profile formatting and there is a section I want to line up vertically. Now I could do separate columns like I have on one dragon's profile but I want them to have an underline connecting them. (or anything for that matter) because I think it's easier to read when they are connected, if that makes sense. I attempted to do it with transparent markings (dots, underlines, etc) but due to the way some letters are different in sizing, they don't line up cleanly. [quote="Example Of Appearance"][columns][font=georgia][color=#B68D40][b][u]Occupation[color=transparent]......................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Queen[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Gender Identity[color=transparent]...............[/color][color=#D6AD60]Female[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Alignment[color=transparent]....................... [/color][color=#D6AD60]True Neutral[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Partner[color=transparent]........................... [/color][color=#D6AD60]Adam[/color][/u] [/columns] [columns][font=georgia][color=#B68D40][b][u]Mother[color=transparent]...........................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Zenith[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Father[color=transparent]............................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Picolo[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Sisters[color=transparent]............................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Eve[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Brothers[color=transparent]..........................[/color][color=#D6AD60]None[/color][/u] [/columns][/quote] [code][u]This is the current coding and example.[/u] [code][columns][font=georgia][color=#B68D40][b][u]Occupation[color=transparent]......................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Queen[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Gender Identity[color=transparent]...............[/color][color=#D6AD60]Female[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Alignment[color=transparent]....................... [/color][color=#D6AD60]True Neutral[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Partner[color=transparent]........................... [/color][color=#D6AD60]Adam[/color][/u] [/columns] [columns][font=georgia][color=#B68D40][b][u]Mother[color=transparent]...........................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Zenith[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Father[color=transparent]............................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Picolo[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Sisters[color=transparent]............................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Eve[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Brothers[color=transparent]..........................[/color][color=#D6AD60]None[/color][/u] [/columns][/code] But I want it to look more like this But with the underline D: Am I asking for a miracle? (P.S I know the spacing is funky with that second one. For some reason it works on the profile but here it looks weird.) [quote="Alignment Example"][columns][font=georgia][color=Maroon][b]Occupation Gender Identity Alignment Partner [nextcol][font=georgia][color=#CCA121][i]King Male Lawful Evil Sigyn [/i][/color] [/columns][/quote] [code][columns][font=georgia][color=Maroon][b]Occupation Gender Identity Alignment Partner [nextcol][font=georgia][color=#CCA121][i]King Male Lawful Evil Sigyn [/i][/color] [/columns] [/code]
I hope it's okay if I ping you @EldritchCrowe
I'm in a pickle and I'm not sure how I can fix it. Or if its even possible.
I'm currently working on my dragon profile formatting and there is a section I want to line up vertically. Now I could do separate columns like I have on one dragon's profile but I want them to have an underline connecting them. (or anything for that matter) because I think it's easier to read when they are connected, if that makes sense. I attempted to do it with transparent markings (dots, underlines, etc) but due to the way some letters are different in sizing, they don't line up cleanly.
Example Of Appearance wrote:
Occupation......................Queen
Gender Identity...............Female
Alignment....................... True Neutral
Partner........................... Adam
Mother...........................Zenith
Father............................Picolo
Sisters............................Eve
Brothers..........................None
Code:
[u]This is the current coding and example.[/u] [code][columns][font=georgia][color=#B68D40][b][u]Occupation[color=transparent]......................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Queen[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Gender Identity[color=transparent]...............[/color][color=#D6AD60]Female[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Alignment[color=transparent]....................... [/color][color=#D6AD60]True Neutral[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Partner[color=transparent]........................... [/color][color=#D6AD60]Adam[/color][/u] [/columns] [columns][font=georgia][color=#B68D40][b][u]Mother[color=transparent]...........................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Zenith[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Father[color=transparent]............................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Picolo[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Sisters[color=transparent]............................[/color][color=#D6AD60]Eve[/color] [color=#B68D40][b][u]Brothers[color=transparent]..........................[/color][color=#D6AD60]None[/color][/u] [/columns]

But I want it to look more like this
But with the underline D:
Am I asking for a miracle?
(P.S I know the spacing is funky with that second one. For some reason it works on the profile but here it looks weird.)
Alignment Example wrote:
Occupation
Gender Identity
Alignment
Partner

King
Male
Lawful Evil
Sigyn

Code:
[columns][font=georgia][color=Maroon][b]Occupation Gender Identity Alignment Partner [nextcol][font=georgia][color=#CCA121][i]King Male Lawful Evil Sigyn [/i][/color] [/columns]
................DY8LRv7.png WDItveK.png
ePOliyb.pngMHHKqsF.pngkI850Ts.png
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 32 33