Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Crowe's BBcode Compedium!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 32 33
Oh wow this is awesome!! Thank you so much!
Oh wow this is awesome!! Thank you so much!
wj6EHY6.png __ vfUEUMi.png zLLQDMW.png oMDWJr6.png __
click a jar to donate to causes for free!

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o2_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif

@EldritchCrowe First off, thanks for making this resource, I need it! I've had it bookmarked for forever. and I figure it's time to bump it.

I have a problem, I just recently made a thread with a lot of FR item icons in it, around 600+ and I used the right format [ Item=the thing ] with no spaces, capitalized like that.

Clay

I'm getting the right icon, but for some reason the tooltips aren't coming up. they showed up in preview, but now that my list is posted, they're not showing up. You wouldn't happen to know why this is, or how much I need to break up the list to have the tooltips back, if it's because the list is too image heavy? I'm really stuck, my thread depends on the item icons.
@EldritchCrowe First off, thanks for making this resource, I need it! I've had it bookmarked for forever. and I figure it's time to bump it.

I have a problem, I just recently made a thread with a lot of FR item icons in it, around 600+ and I used the right format [ Item=the thing ] with no spaces, capitalized like that.

Clay

I'm getting the right icon, but for some reason the tooltips aren't coming up. they showed up in preview, but now that my list is posted, they're not showing up. You wouldn't happen to know why this is, or how much I need to break up the list to have the tooltips back, if it's because the list is too image heavy? I'm really stuck, my thread depends on the item icons.
tumblr_inline_o38xqzuDbi1ts73zp_540.pngGeoPFHZ.png__tDeKDnH.png__L5A1mcs.png
@Tryvyal [item=clay] [Item=clay] capitalisation doesn't seem to matter, of those two items I posted one is capitalised, the other isn't. Same result... edit: I quoted your text and your item is coded VERY differently [code] itemAttachHandlers("#itemb-bcode-177-857")[/code] perhaps that holds a clue to your problems, good luck!
@Tryvyal
Clay
Clay

capitalisation doesn't seem to matter, of those two items I posted one is capitalised, the other isn't.
Same result...

edit: I quoted your text and your item is coded VERY differently
Code:
itemAttachHandlers("#itemb-bcode-177-857")
perhaps that holds a clue to your problems, good luck!
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me thank you! I'll try this.

Edit: the only thing I did differently from you, I think, is preview my post before I submitted it, and maybe doing that somehow overwrote the code? I'm going to try to break up my post into shorter chunks as well.

Edit2: Previewing is what did it. I reposted without previewing and everything works now.
@gn0me thank you! I'll try this.

Edit: the only thing I did differently from you, I think, is preview my post before I submitted it, and maybe doing that somehow overwrote the code? I'm going to try to break up my post into shorter chunks as well.

Edit2: Previewing is what did it. I reposted without previewing and everything works now.
tumblr_inline_o38xqzuDbi1ts73zp_540.pngGeoPFHZ.png__tDeKDnH.png__L5A1mcs.png
Y'all are quick, fixing responses before I see them lol

I'm super happy people are still finding this guide and helping each other out, even while I'm... less active.
Y'all are quick, fixing responses before I see them lol

I'm super happy people are still finding this guide and helping each other out, even while I'm... less active.
| Crowe's BBCode Compendium |
- - - Click here to learn everything (and more) about BBCoding! - - -

| ||
Dragon bios | Signatures | Hatcheries || |
@Tryvyal I also previewed mine before submitting, I don't know what changed your code but it shouldn't be previewing.

edit: what you said about coding in shorter sections rang a bell for me, I remember another online browser game having problems when I made things too long, it caused whacky things to happen.

I wiped that game from my memory as it has a bitter aftertaste so please forgive me for sounding vague, I don't want to try recall too much detail, better to let that game RIP like its 'devs' should
@Tryvyal I also previewed mine before submitting, I don't know what changed your code but it shouldn't be previewing.

edit: what you said about coding in shorter sections rang a bell for me, I remember another online browser game having problems when I made things too long, it caused whacky things to happen.

I wiped that game from my memory as it has a bitter aftertaste so please forgive me for sounding vague, I don't want to try recall too much detail, better to let that game RIP like its 'devs' should
qDkA25S.png
@EldritchCrowe Did you know that you can make different kinds of ordered lists by changing the 1 to a different character? [b]The usual numbered list![/b] [LIST=1] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST] [code][LIST=1] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST][/code] [b]Capital letters![/b] [LIST=A] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST] [code][LIST=A] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST][/code] [b]Lowercase letters![/b] [LIST=a] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST] [code][LIST=a] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST][/code] [b]Capital Roman numerals![/b] [LIST=I] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST] [code][LIST=I] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST][/code] [b]Lowercase Roman numerals![/b] [LIST=i] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST] [code][LIST=i] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST][/code]
@EldritchCrowe Did you know that you can make different kinds of ordered lists by changing the 1 to a different character?

The usual numbered list!
  1. List item 1
  2. List item 2
  3. List item 3
Code:
[LIST=1] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST]

Capital letters!
  1. List item 1
  2. List item 2
  3. List item 3
Code:
[LIST=A] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST]

Lowercase letters!
  1. List item 1
  2. List item 2
  3. List item 3
Code:
[LIST=a] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST]

Capital Roman numerals!
  1. List item 1
  2. List item 2
  3. List item 3
Code:
[LIST=I] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST]

Lowercase Roman numerals!
  1. List item 1
  2. List item 2
  3. List item 3
Code:
[LIST=i] [*]List item 1 [*]List item 2 [*]List item 3 [/LIST]
Flight-Rising-Signature1.pngPWYWCustom-BBCode-Button1.pngEmpty-Sig-Block.png
Oh my gosh, this is so helpful! Thank you for making this!
Oh my gosh, this is so helpful! Thank you for making this!
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
Aaaah! Thank you so much for making this!
Aaaah! Thank you so much for making this!
arcane_1.png
⚞ Deesdragonets ⚟
NF2k9yC.png
Gaolers!
Female | FREE Dragons
arcane_1.png
Umm hi! I made a breeding card but I don't know how to put it on my forum thread! Here's the link, and the only two options for the pic are copy image and save image as, which none were working. https://fr.jithee.name/card.html
Umm hi! I made a breeding card but I don't know how to put it on my forum thread! Here's the link, and the only two options for the pic are copy image and save image as, which none were working. https://fr.jithee.name/card.html
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 32 33