Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | UM Skin/Accent price/profit calc tool
UM Skin/Accent price/profit calculator

Quick Link

Did a quick search of the forums, and there didn't seem to be one of these already, so I made one~

What is it?
It is a spreadsheet which will calculate either:
  • the selling price to get a certain % profit or
  • how much profit a certain selling price would give you (in gems)

How does it work?
  1. select skin or accent from the dropdown
  2. enter required blueprint quantities
  3. enter either a profit margin (%) or selling price (gems) (don't enter both at once)
  4. read the result

It will also break down the result into total and per unit. All the maths is handled for you, you just need to plug in the numbers you need. I think it will be especially useful for anyone wanting to spread the cost of multiple skins/accents across the entire batch, e.g a single print of one skin and 5 copies of a second all sold for the same unit price.

There are two copies of the calculator in the sheet, so two people can use it at once. If you think there really needs to be more copies in there (i.e. always someone else using it), just let me know and I can add more in~

Let me know if you find this helpful~
UM Skin/Accent price/profit calculator

Quick Link

Did a quick search of the forums, and there didn't seem to be one of these already, so I made one~

What is it?
It is a spreadsheet which will calculate either:
  • the selling price to get a certain % profit or
  • how much profit a certain selling price would give you (in gems)

How does it work?
  1. select skin or accent from the dropdown
  2. enter required blueprint quantities
  3. enter either a profit margin (%) or selling price (gems) (don't enter both at once)
  4. read the result

It will also break down the result into total and per unit. All the maths is handled for you, you just need to plug in the numbers you need. I think it will be especially useful for anyone wanting to spread the cost of multiple skins/accents across the entire batch, e.g a single print of one skin and 5 copies of a second all sold for the same unit price.

There are two copies of the calculator in the sheet, so two people can use it at once. If you think there really needs to be more copies in there (i.e. always someone else using it), just let me know and I can add more in~

Let me know if you find this helpful~
smaller_2_by_devibrigard-db1jw11.png
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot doot doot
doot doot doot doot doot
[center][size=6][b]Example of Use[/b][/size] [size=4] Printing 2 of one skin and 5 of another with 10% profit margin [img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/4e34/f/2017/077/d/2/skin_calculator_percent_by_devibrigard-db2s1pb.png[/img] But the resulting 990g is an unusual number, what if rounded to 1000g? [img]http://orig09.deviantart.net/532b/f/2017/077/7/7/skin_calculator_sellprice_by_devibrigard-db2s1oz.png[/img] And then you have some aesthetically pleasing numbers to work with. *This example should not be taken as an actual price recommendation, just an example of how to use the thing* [/size] [/center]
Example of Use

Printing 2 of one skin and 5 of another with 10% profit margin

skin_calculator_percent_by_devibrigard-db2s1pb.png

But the resulting 990g is an unusual number, what if rounded to 1000g?

skin_calculator_sellprice_by_devibrigard-db2s1oz.png

And then you have some aesthetically pleasing numbers to work with.

*This example should not be taken as an actual price recommendation, just an example of how to use the thing*
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
FAQ

Once a question has been asked and answered, it shall be put here so you don't have to scroll through pages to find an answer.

(no questions yet)
FAQ

Once a question has been asked and answered, it shall be put here so you don't have to scroll through pages to find an answer.

(no questions yet)
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
Updates/Bugs/Known Issues/Fixes

Known issues:
Issue: Entering both a profit margin % and a unit price will make the calculator try to use both values, which will give some weird results. FIX: delete one of these values
Updates/Bugs/Known Issues/Fixes

Known issues:
Issue: Entering both a profit margin % and a unit price will make the calculator try to use both values, which will give some weird results. FIX: delete one of these values
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
@DeviBrigard

When I try to use the Unit price section, I click on line 11, 5 blueprints and the price for those blueprints is set to 1750 and can't be changed, when they are 3500g. I tried to change it to skin, and it won't do that either. I'm trying to figure it out for a skin not an accent. Thank you!
@DeviBrigard

When I try to use the Unit price section, I click on line 11, 5 blueprints and the price for those blueprints is set to 1750 and can't be changed, when they are 3500g. I tried to change it to skin, and it won't do that either. I'm trying to figure it out for a skin not an accent. Thank you!
bAMdmKk.png
@Feral71 That's the accent price, switch the dropdown on line 4 to skin for the 3500 price~
@Feral71 That's the accent price, switch the dropdown on line 4 to skin for the 3500 price~
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
@DeviBrigard it won't let me, every time I try to change it to skin I get the following message that pops up:

There was a problem
You are trying to edit a protected cell or object. Please contact the spreadsheet owner to remove protection if you need to edit
@DeviBrigard it won't let me, every time I try to change it to skin I get the following message that pops up:

There was a problem
You are trying to edit a protected cell or object. Please contact the spreadsheet owner to remove protection if you need to edit
bAMdmKk.png
@Feral71 Looks like the permissions weren't set right, should be fixed now~
@Feral71 Looks like the permissions weren't set right, should be fixed now~
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
@DeviBrigard Thank you so much! Sorry for all the trouble! :(
@DeviBrigard Thank you so much! Sorry for all the trouble! :(
bAMdmKk.png
@Feral71 its alright, thanks for catching the issue~