Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to become a Millionaire
1 2 3
[center][size=2][i][This is a WIP thread [b]geared towards new players.[/b] You are welcome to post your methods and suggestions.][/i][/size][/center] [center][size=7][font=Arial]Money-Making Methods[/font][/size][/center] [size=4]Flight Rising is a game with many different ways to earn currency. Some ways are more profitable than others. Here's a list of the most common ways of making money.[/size] [quote title=Methods][b]Baldwin's Bubbling Brew-[/b] Selling brewing materials, such as slime, muck, and ooze. The rarest products often fetch a pretty penny on the Auction House. [b]Hoard Selling-[/b]Selling stacks of materials that do not have a use. It is best to sell items with a value of 45t or more. However, if you have enough of any item you can make good money off of it. [b]Exalt Training- [/b]Buy cheap dragons, train them to lvl 7, and exalt. You typically make 10K-11K without the exalt bonus. Make sure you have a fairly good Coliseum Team to make this easier on you. [b]Player Services-[/b] Many people sell their services to others. Brewing, Coliseum Grinding, Dragon Leveling, Gathering, etc. are common ways to earn treasure or gems. [b]Auctions (different from the Auction House)-[/b] Some players auction off valuable dragons, familiars, apparel, or items and gather fortunes this way. However, auctions can be difficult to set up and/or start. It is not guaranteed that you will get rich off of this. [b]Fairgrounds-[/b] The Fairgrounds has several games, all of which reward you with treasure. If you want to make quick money, Artifracture will yield up to several hundred Treasure once you get to the higher levels. Shock Switch is also a good way to earn cash, but you need a good amount of time set aside to play it.[/quote] [size=3]Hatcheries are also a popular means of making treasure. Unfortunately, it can be very taxing to start and maintain one. More times than not, players put more money into their hatcheries than what they get out of them.[/size]
[This is a WIP thread geared towards new players. You are welcome to post your methods and suggestions.]

Money-Making Methods

Flight Rising is a game with many different ways to earn currency. Some ways are more profitable than others. Here's a list of the most common ways of making money.
Quote:
Baldwin's Bubbling Brew- Selling brewing materials, such as slime, muck, and ooze. The rarest products often fetch a pretty penny on the Auction House.

Hoard Selling-Selling stacks of materials that do not have a use. It is best to sell items with a value of 45t or more. However, if you have enough of any item you can make good money off of it.

Exalt Training- Buy cheap dragons, train them to lvl 7, and exalt. You typically make 10K-11K without the exalt bonus. Make sure you have a fairly good Coliseum Team to make this easier on you.

Player Services- Many people sell their services to others. Brewing, Coliseum Grinding, Dragon Leveling, Gathering, etc. are common ways to earn treasure or gems.

Auctions (different from the Auction House)- Some players auction off valuable dragons, familiars, apparel, or items and gather fortunes this way. However, auctions can be difficult to set up and/or start. It is not guaranteed that you will get rich off of this.

Fairgrounds- The Fairgrounds has several games, all of which reward you with treasure. If you want to make quick money, Artifracture will yield up to several hundred Treasure once you get to the higher levels. Shock Switch is also a good way to earn cash, but you need a good amount of time set aside to play it.

Hatcheries are also a popular means of making treasure. Unfortunately, it can be very taxing to start and maintain one. More times than not, players put more money into their hatcheries than what they get out of them.

: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
[center][size=7][font=Arial]Making Gems[/size][/font][/center] [center][size=4]The primary way to acquire Gems is to buy them from the "Purchase Gems" page. If you do not want to spend real money on in-game currency, there are several other methods. [quote][b]Sell Treasure for Gems- [/b] The Treasure-to-Gems conversion rate fluctuates. Check the Auction House or Items For Sale Forums before converting your treasure to Gems. The same can be said for the vice versa. [b]Sell Items/Dragons for Gems- [/b]Sell your merchandise on the Auction House for the Gem equivalent. Make sure you select the correct button, or else you will be selling it for the wrong currency. Note: People are usually less likely to see or buy your items this way. [b]Familiar Bonding-[/b] Every time you fill the bar under an equipped familiar, you receive a chest. Filling the quota for "Inquisitive," "Companion," and "Loyal" will yield a chest that will give you gems. It may seem like a chore to bond your familiars every single day, but by the time you max out the bonding bar it will be worth it.[/quote][/center]
Making Gems

The primary way to acquire Gems is to buy them from the "Purchase Gems" page. If you do not want to spend real money on in-game currency, there are several other methods.

Quote:
Sell Treasure for Gems- The Treasure-to-Gems conversion rate fluctuates. Check the Auction House or Items For Sale Forums before converting your treasure to Gems. The same can be said for the vice versa.

Sell Items/Dragons for Gems- Sell your merchandise on the Auction House for the Gem equivalent. Make sure you select the correct button, or else you will be selling it for the wrong currency. Note: People are usually less likely to see or buy your items this way.

Familiar Bonding- Every time you fill the bar under an equipped familiar, you receive a chest. Filling the quota for "Inquisitive," "Companion," and "Loyal" will yield a chest that will give you gems. It may seem like a chore to bond your familiars every single day, but by the time you max out the bonding bar it will be worth it.

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
[center][size=7][font=arial]Saving[/size][/font][/center] [size=4]The hardest part of becoming a FR millionaire is[i] not spending all of your money![/i] [quote][b]Vault-[/b] A good way to keep yourself from blowing it all is to deposit a portion of it in your vault everyday. There are a few different ways to go about this. before you go to bed/leave for the night, deposit [b]half of the day's earnings[/b] into your vault. Another way is to deposit all but a [b]set amount[/b] of treasure at the end of the day. Establish that amount based on how much you typically spend per day. I, for one, usually give myself a 10K-20K allowance. I only pull from my savings if I absolutely need the money. [b]Refrain from "Window Shopping"-[/b] If you're trying to save your money, try not to visit the Dragons for Sale forums or the Auction House (unless you're just buying exalt fodder). The chance of impulse buying away your savings will decrease![/quote] Following these simple saving tips will have your FR wallet bursting in no time!
Saving

The hardest part of becoming a FR millionaire is not spending all of your money!

Quote:
Vault- A good way to keep yourself from blowing it all is to deposit a portion of it in your vault everyday. There are a few different ways to go about this. before you go to bed/leave for the night, deposit half of the day's earnings into your vault. Another way is to deposit all but a set amount of treasure at the end of the day. Establish that amount based on how much you typically spend per day. I, for one, usually give myself a 10K-20K allowance. I only pull from my savings if I absolutely need the money.

Refrain from "Window Shopping"- If you're trying to save your money, try not to visit the Dragons for Sale forums or the Auction House (unless you're just buying exalt fodder). The chance of impulse buying away your savings will decrease!

Following these simple saving tips will have your FR wallet bursting in no time!

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
[center][font=arial][size=7]Helpful Add ons from others[/size][/font][/center] [quote name="Bloodfall" date=2017-02-02 13:31:10] One of my favorite ways to make money is dragon flipping. Where you buy cheep babies and sell them for a profit once they're adults. There is also taking advantage of the treasure-gem conversion rate from the Item Sales. You can even mix these two together and for example buy dragons for gems and sell them for treasure above the conversion rate. Let's get rich dudes! [/quote] [quote name="MulberryScroll" date="2017-10-23 12:38:56" ] Another tip that has become really relevant this year is holding onto a few Unhatched Eggs if an interesting date is coming up. The solar eclipse shot Light egg prices really quickly, and while hatchlings on that day might've sold well, the eggs were pretty big bucks for anyone hoarding rather than selling/hatching as soon as it's obtained. In the day itself, I recall even Nocturne and Bogsneak eggs being in demand, and those are much less random to obtain. [/quote] [quote name="AnnieGYG" date="2017-10-25 05:17:57" ] Here's a small one newbies can do - check the AH prices vs Crims Collection prices - you can often pick up things for 50 treasure on the AH and hand them into Crim for 500 treasure, some familiars are selling for 4K treasure but you can hand them into Crim for 9K treasure. [/quote]
Helpful Add ons from others

Bloodfall wrote on 2017-02-02:
One of my favorite ways to make money is dragon flipping. Where you buy cheep babies and sell them for a profit once they're adults. There is also taking advantage of the treasure-gem conversion rate from the Item Sales. You can even mix these two together and for example buy dragons for gems and sell them for treasure above the conversion rate.
Let's get rich dudes!
MulberryScroll wrote on 2017-10-23 12:38:56:
Another tip that has become really relevant this year is holding onto a few Unhatched Eggs if an interesting date is coming up. The solar eclipse shot Light egg prices really quickly, and while hatchlings on that day might've sold well, the eggs were pretty big bucks for anyone hoarding rather than selling/hatching as soon as it's obtained. In the day itself, I recall even Nocturne and Bogsneak eggs being in demand, and those are much less random to obtain.
AnnieGYG wrote on 2017-10-25 05:17:57:
Here's a small one newbies can do - check the AH prices vs Crims Collection prices - you can often pick up things for 50 treasure on the AH and hand them into Crim for 500 treasure, some familiars are selling for 4K treasure but you can hand them into Crim for 9K treasure.

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
reserved
reserved

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
reserved
reserved

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
Very nice strategies!
I need to save money and I'm so bad about window shopping
I've spent way over 100kT on dragons that I really didn't need just within the last week LOL
Very nice strategies!
I need to save money and I'm so bad about window shopping
I've spent way over 100kT on dragons that I really didn't need just within the last week LOL
Thanks! I've been lazy in terms of Baldwin. I haven't opened my own shops yet, so how do you suppose I should go about that? I want to open a lore shop (plus custom formats!!!) but I'm afraid I'll just give up halfway through...
Thanks! I've been lazy in terms of Baldwin. I haven't opened my own shops yet, so how do you suppose I should go about that? I want to open a lore shop (plus custom formats!!!) but I'm afraid I'll just give up halfway through...
@nine_more_seasons_ 29165470.png?mtime=WJ_7FAAAVC4.png rnj5WRD.png
nice thread dude!

One of my favorite ways to make money is dragon flipping. Where you buy cheep babies and sell them for a profit once they're adults. There is also taking advantage of the treasure-gem conversion rate from the Item Sales. You can even mix these two together and for example buy dragons for gems and sell them for treasure above the conversion rate.
Let's get rich dudes!
nice thread dude!

Let's get rich dudes!
This is awesome!

I really needed something like this. When I save up, I get to lazy and buy something and end up wasting money all the time. =) But I wouldn't want to sell baldwin stuff cause i'll need it later on to make genes and stuff.
This is awesome!

I really needed something like this. When I save up, I get to lazy and buy something and end up wasting money all the time. =) But I wouldn't want to sell baldwin stuff cause i'll need it later on to make genes and stuff.
1 2 3