Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOLS] Super Lair SS - New Owner
1 2 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 119 120
@sunflowerlizard
I'm sorry, I laughed. It is there. I'm not sure why it's say it's deleted. I do need to update it and make sure I have everything corrected, but it's there. I promise you haven't deleted it.

Here's the link to the blank copy. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4GKMQmmXDgfos2d4TzC-PC3P04bdO7sr5AzcjUkbik/edit?usp=sharing
@sunflowerlizard
I'm sorry, I laughed. It is there. I'm not sure why it's say it's deleted. I do need to update it and make sure I have everything corrected, but it's there. I promise you haven't deleted it.

Here's the link to the blank copy. Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4GKMQmmXDgfos2d4TzC-PC3P04bdO7sr5AzcjUkbik/edit?usp=sharing
@Siscily ... Well, that link appears to work fine. I'm glad to hear I didn't somehow remove it from the internet lol, I'll let you know if I ever figure out why it decided to tell me the form "might be deleted". Looking back on it it is possible that it was an internet issue on my end... But the timing...

I was preparing for life as The Man Who Unknowingly Deleted Every Spreadsheet He Ever Read & twas bleak
@Siscily ... Well, that link appears to work fine. I'm glad to hear I didn't somehow remove it from the internet lol, I'll let you know if I ever figure out why it decided to tell me the form "might be deleted". Looking back on it it is possible that it was an internet issue on my end... But the timing...

I was preparing for life as The Man Who Unknowingly Deleted Every Spreadsheet He Ever Read & twas bleak
zVq7r5uT_o.png
@sunflowerlizard
I'm glad that worked! There's no telling why it said that. Google has a habit of doing weird things with its spreadsheets, I've found. The timing was pretty bad, though!

LOL! Yeah, I can imagine that would be quite bleak.
@sunflowerlizard
I'm glad that worked! There's no telling why it said that. Google has a habit of doing weird things with its spreadsheets, I've found. The timing was pretty bad, though!

LOL! Yeah, I can imagine that would be quite bleak.
@Siscily

This is a nice spreadsheet, it has features I didn’t even know I needed until now. Can you please add me to the pinglist?
@Siscily

This is a nice spreadsheet, it has features I didn’t even know I needed until now. Can you please add me to the pinglist?
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
@Mnkn10
Of course! Glad you like it. :)
@Mnkn10
Of course! Glad you like it. :)
@Siscily

Now, just because it's awesome doesn't mean it can't be more awesome. I hope I'm not too late to answer these (psst, the maximum amount of dergs you could have in your lair was actually 605, there are 405 hibernal den slots) It's now 615 because of the new lair expansions.

Do you use filters? No

Did you even know there are filters to use? No, but I just started using the sheet yesterday, they sound really useful

Would you be interested in a column denoting what lair tab your dragons are in?
One for the hibernal den? I'd be fine with the tab thing, but it doesn't seem that important to me. Hibernal den status on the other hand is something I really want to see (Would it be possible to update the food point calculator to exclude dragons in the hibernal den from the calculations?)

Do you use the Charts tab? Yes

Have you ever had more than 25 primary, secondary, or tertiary genes at one time in your lair? Yes

What part of the Elements tab do you use the most? I don't really use it TBH. The pie chart displaying the number of each element in my lair is cool, but should probably be moved to the charts tab.

Do you use the Pairs Lab? I would if the percentage bug was fixed

Do you use the For Sale tab? No, I actually deleted it from my copy of the sheet

Is 100 rows enough for the Projects/For Sale tabs? Not for me

What information would you want to see on a Memorial/Departed tab? I probably wouldn't use such a thing

What information would you like to see/not want anymore within the sheet as a whole? Added:
Hibernal den cooldown

Eye types in the pairs/breeding lab (you can't control gender either, but it's still an option).

An extension to the breeding lab that lets you type in characteristics of a hatchling you want, then shows you the pairings that have the best odds of producing that hatchling. Something like this sheet. If this is too difficult, I understand.

Removed:
I don't find the elements tab useful

@Siscily

Now, just because it's awesome doesn't mean it can't be more awesome. I hope I'm not too late to answer these (psst, the maximum amount of dergs you could have in your lair was actually 605, there are 405 hibernal den slots) It's now 615 because of the new lair expansions.

Do you use filters? No

Did you even know there are filters to use? No, but I just started using the sheet yesterday, they sound really useful

Would you be interested in a column denoting what lair tab your dragons are in?
One for the hibernal den? I'd be fine with the tab thing, but it doesn't seem that important to me. Hibernal den status on the other hand is something I really want to see (Would it be possible to update the food point calculator to exclude dragons in the hibernal den from the calculations?)

Do you use the Charts tab? Yes

Have you ever had more than 25 primary, secondary, or tertiary genes at one time in your lair? Yes

What part of the Elements tab do you use the most? I don't really use it TBH. The pie chart displaying the number of each element in my lair is cool, but should probably be moved to the charts tab.

Do you use the Pairs Lab? I would if the percentage bug was fixed

Do you use the For Sale tab? No, I actually deleted it from my copy of the sheet

Is 100 rows enough for the Projects/For Sale tabs? Not for me

What information would you want to see on a Memorial/Departed tab? I probably wouldn't use such a thing

What information would you like to see/not want anymore within the sheet as a whole? Added:
Hibernal den cooldown

Eye types in the pairs/breeding lab (you can't control gender either, but it's still an option).

An extension to the breeding lab that lets you type in characteristics of a hatchling you want, then shows you the pairings that have the best odds of producing that hatchling. Something like this sheet. If this is too difficult, I understand.

Removed:
I don't find the elements tab useful

xxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Formatting is pain
@Mnkn10
You're not too late! I've been slow about getting things updated and working on the new sheet (where all these suggested changes will be implemented).

Thank you for your responses, and thanks for updating me about how many dragons can fit in a lair!

Filters can be found by clicking either Data -> Filter Views, or the second button from the right. They are not up to date; I'll fix them when I update with the new gene.

I'll have to talk to the creator of the food calc and see if he knows how to exclude hibernal den dragons. I'm unsure off the top of my head. (Admittedly I only coded about half this sheet myself, haha.)

I am thinking of moving the Element chart to the charts tab and paring down the Elements tab some. I'm unlikely to remove the Elements tab, as too many others use it, but as you did with the For Sale tab (which I'm removing), you can delete it if you don't use it.

I cannot figure out the percentage bug on the Pairs lab, and neither can anyone else who's looked at it, it seems. No idea what the deal is at all. I did get the colors fixed (I think). If you know anything about coding and want to look, feel free. I'm likely to ask around for more help, too. I've considered adding the eye types, but I'm not sure, since it's a totally random thing. There is no chance for it, where with gender, it's 50/50. I mean, I could probably say sure, there's a 1 in 12 chance you'll get that eye type. I would just need to figure out the math and fix it all. As for the addition you suggested, I do like that, and I'll probably talk to that sheet's creator and see if they mind me using their coding.

I'll probably add Hibernal den info somewhere, since it seems pretty useful to most.

Thanks again for your input!
@Mnkn10
You're not too late! I've been slow about getting things updated and working on the new sheet (where all these suggested changes will be implemented).

Thank you for your responses, and thanks for updating me about how many dragons can fit in a lair!

Filters can be found by clicking either Data -> Filter Views, or the second button from the right. They are not up to date; I'll fix them when I update with the new gene.

I'll have to talk to the creator of the food calc and see if he knows how to exclude hibernal den dragons. I'm unsure off the top of my head. (Admittedly I only coded about half this sheet myself, haha.)

I am thinking of moving the Element chart to the charts tab and paring down the Elements tab some. I'm unlikely to remove the Elements tab, as too many others use it, but as you did with the For Sale tab (which I'm removing), you can delete it if you don't use it.

I cannot figure out the percentage bug on the Pairs lab, and neither can anyone else who's looked at it, it seems. No idea what the deal is at all. I did get the colors fixed (I think). If you know anything about coding and want to look, feel free. I'm likely to ask around for more help, too. I've considered adding the eye types, but I'm not sure, since it's a totally random thing. There is no chance for it, where with gender, it's 50/50. I mean, I could probably say sure, there's a 1 in 12 chance you'll get that eye type. I would just need to figure out the math and fix it all. As for the addition you suggested, I do like that, and I'll probably talk to that sheet's creator and see if they mind me using their coding.

I'll probably add Hibernal den info somewhere, since it seems pretty useful to most.

Thanks again for your input!
@Siscily

I don't know the first thing about coding (I actually tried to fix it myself for like half an hour, to no avail), but if you could make it add 1 to the value it uses to calculate the colour odds that should do it. I thiiink gene/breed/gender odds work fine. It's just the colour odds that are bugged

Right now if there are 10 possible colours, it acts like there are only 9. If there is 1 acceptable colour out of those 10, it gives you the percentage 11.111...% When in reality the odds are 10%. If you had it add 1 before it calculates the percentage, it would give the right number.

As for the food calculator, I'm assuming it just counts up the number of each breed you have, right? If so, then it would likely require a completely different code for that tab, which may not be feasible (I don't actually use the food calculator myself, so I'm not personally worried)
@Siscily

I don't know the first thing about coding (I actually tried to fix it myself for like half an hour, to no avail), but if you could make it add 1 to the value it uses to calculate the colour odds that should do it. I thiiink gene/breed/gender odds work fine. It's just the colour odds that are bugged

Right now if there are 10 possible colours, it acts like there are only 9. If there is 1 acceptable colour out of those 10, it gives you the percentage 11.111...% When in reality the odds are 10%. If you had it add 1 before it calculates the percentage, it would give the right number.

As for the food calculator, I'm assuming it just counts up the number of each breed you have, right? If so, then it would likely require a completely different code for that tab, which may not be feasible (I don't actually use the food calculator myself, so I'm not personally worried)
xxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Formatting is pain
@Alexstrasza @kipinae @Lanikot @Auresse @purplejabberwock @absolmon @cinderrain @toxipraline @LordAlois @MoonBiter @Gr12zly @KittyAoba @wingedRenegade @Jamethyst @KitKaze @YouThereYeaYou @Taskuhecate @LunarLunacy @jibori @Trixy @GalaxyFlare @HummingbirdColor @AetherDragon @Cinderfire @PrimeNumbersCas @SpringsSong @Sanguiem @Catsy01 @nielybh @SimFeetUnder @Sky93 @Starrydance @Kallifrey @Brea @IntelligentWolf @Twinkletoe @SoulOfChaos @ilimati @Quetzalzotz @Beezadrella @Juneun @GarnetRose @AristaHolmes @mauvehouseplant @SkyJumper @Ichored @Prinxee @Fauviein @Chadtronic @Alphazi @Servalan @Naufragate @CaveJohnson @Jetfeather @StormyDragon @Raineski @Plancake @Evlon @JoyLayne @Risuna @Rosekitten @LancelotOfTheSky @Jestro @Evilie @Siennia @LadyNycto @Enterea @Gwinna @kickthebeat @RaveLegend @KairinRose @Ethuiliel @Kabu @InkTheatre @spicecake @Drakaneal @Rainbeetle @Sickened @dragonspit999 @LillySunset @Meereswind @Moondragon007 @TornadoTorrie @PsycheFennecat @catslash @Kaibaman @Restless @Pinguin @ChibiFluffy @Divinia @Rosecrimson @Illyrael @Angii @bonibaru @B1ue @lieb @PersimmonBird @Doodeedoodah @Demetre @hat17 @Juneside @CheshireCatUk1 @Absol1234 @Ozpin @soulykins @MarvinPA @Cog @Honorat @LynterriaHatake @MusicalMaladies @Kavrrin @Stargirl8686 @chronicDreamer @heartcrusher1 @SomehowStillSane @DragonSanctuary @sadri22 @SeaCrest @ArcticFire @CrankyCrew @succulentclub @Hawkgirl6511 @Noddddd @LadyMora @leaofthewolves @Shapes05 @PetitMoutonNoir @HardcoreUvula @proserpinaseeds @CobaltMoon @Mnkn10 @ladymcjingles @Enkil @MoonCatcher333 @atrolock @MintTangle @Nirnasha17 @tsubakistar @Loyalties @BottledLightning @FredTheCloud @Runarite @TheTokenBrit @StarsOfFate @BonBonMaster @SkylarDN9 @Mnkn10

Heyo folks, just wanted to give a quick update. I have not finished updating the sheets, as I'm going tab by tab to make some corrections and changes. For anyone wanting to update the sheet yourself, Veined is numbers 2 (for Gaolers) and 38, it is Limited (as far as I'm aware - if that's wrong, correct me), and is a Baldwin gene at 100k and 50k (for Gaolers) treasure.

Quick overview of the changes - added enough rows for 610 dragons to Data, Lair, and Lair Misc tabs. Removed For Sale tab, corresponding Original Cost column, and offspring related columns. Corrected code in Lair Misc. Added and corrected code in Lair Census. Corrected the level 25s in Elements. Corrected coding in Charts to properly show all genes. Updated Refs with Veined, made sure all Eye Types were listed.

I need to correct the Pairs Lab, but that is going to require pulling the code apart bit by bit, so I haven't done it yet. I also haven't checked the Projects for errors or added Veined yet. I also haven't updated the Breeding Lab sheet as I need to check it for errors as well. Oh I also need to update and correct the filters.

I will be working on the Beta sheet in bits when I can. I need to update it (a LOT) before I can really put it all together.

In the meantime, here's an overview of the changes I intend to have once the new sheet is done:
-Font overhaul (any suggestions for font and size?)
-Clearer Welcome tab.
-Easier to input Data tab - add the dragon's name, ID, and Scry link, and all the scry info is added. (Unfortunately you still have to do the rest. There's just no way to automate that stuff.)
-Slight rearranging of columns on Data. Remove offspring info, cost, and for sale. Add lair tab, hibernal den, and den cooldown.
-Quick coding on Lair, Lair Misc. Pattern auto-filled on Lair. (Should I add colors to Lair and Lair Misc, similar to the current sheet?)
-More compact Lair Census, sorted differently.
-(Hopefully) Exclude dragons in den from Food Calc (if you think you can code that, please let me know. I need help with that. @SomehowStillSane)
-Move charts on Elements to Charts. Compact Elements.
-Compact and change Charts.
-Possibly compact Colors, otherwise it's fine.
-(Hopefully) Correct calculator on Pairs Lab (if I don't do it on the current sheet) (If you think you can figure that out, please let me know. I think I know how, but help is always nice.)
-(Possibly) Add eye types to Pairs Lab.
-Add more functionality to the Breeding Lab sheet (I know, not new sheet, but it won't get done till then).
-Projects is good for now I think. Add rows at the minimum.
-Cleaner Refs.
-Add Memorial tab (what info do you want there? Name, ID, gender, breed, colors, genes, how it left the lair, cost if sold?)

I believe that's all. If there's anything you want on the new sheet, or anything you can help with, please let me know! Opinions and suggestions are always welcome. Questions welcome too!

I will get the current sheets updated in the next week or so, whenever my eyes can stand tearing the Pairs Lab apart.

(Holy carp that's long. Not a quick update. Sorry!)
@Alexstrasza @kipinae @Lanikot @Auresse @purplejabberwock @absolmon @cinderrain @toxipraline @LordAlois @MoonBiter @Gr12zly @KittyAoba @wingedRenegade @Jamethyst @KitKaze @YouThereYeaYou @Taskuhecate @LunarLunacy @jibori @Trixy @GalaxyFlare @HummingbirdColor @AetherDragon @Cinderfire @PrimeNumbersCas @SpringsSong @Sanguiem @Catsy01 @nielybh @SimFeetUnder @Sky93 @Starrydance @Kallifrey @Brea @IntelligentWolf @Twinkletoe @SoulOfChaos @ilimati @Quetzalzotz @Beezadrella @Juneun @GarnetRose @AristaHolmes @mauvehouseplant @SkyJumper @Ichored @Prinxee @Fauviein @Chadtronic @Alphazi @Servalan @Naufragate @CaveJohnson @Jetfeather @StormyDragon @Raineski @Plancake @Evlon @JoyLayne @Risuna @Rosekitten @LancelotOfTheSky @Jestro @Evilie @Siennia @LadyNycto @Enterea @Gwinna @kickthebeat @RaveLegend @KairinRose @Ethuiliel @Kabu @InkTheatre @spicecake @Drakaneal @Rainbeetle @Sickened @dragonspit999 @LillySunset @Meereswind @Moondragon007 @TornadoTorrie @PsycheFennecat @catslash @Kaibaman @Restless @Pinguin @ChibiFluffy @Divinia @Rosecrimson @Illyrael @Angii @bonibaru @B1ue @lieb @PersimmonBird @Doodeedoodah @Demetre @hat17 @Juneside @CheshireCatUk1 @Absol1234 @Ozpin @soulykins @MarvinPA @Cog @Honorat @LynterriaHatake @MusicalMaladies @Kavrrin @Stargirl8686 @chronicDreamer @heartcrusher1 @SomehowStillSane @DragonSanctuary @sadri22 @SeaCrest @ArcticFire @CrankyCrew @succulentclub @Hawkgirl6511 @Noddddd @LadyMora @leaofthewolves @Shapes05 @PetitMoutonNoir @HardcoreUvula @proserpinaseeds @CobaltMoon @Mnkn10 @ladymcjingles @Enkil @MoonCatcher333 @atrolock @MintTangle @Nirnasha17 @tsubakistar @Loyalties @BottledLightning @FredTheCloud @Runarite @TheTokenBrit @StarsOfFate @BonBonMaster @SkylarDN9 @Mnkn10

Heyo folks, just wanted to give a quick update. I have not finished updating the sheets, as I'm going tab by tab to make some corrections and changes. For anyone wanting to update the sheet yourself, Veined is numbers 2 (for Gaolers) and 38, it is Limited (as far as I'm aware - if that's wrong, correct me), and is a Baldwin gene at 100k and 50k (for Gaolers) treasure.

Quick overview of the changes - added enough rows for 610 dragons to Data, Lair, and Lair Misc tabs. Removed For Sale tab, corresponding Original Cost column, and offspring related columns. Corrected code in Lair Misc. Added and corrected code in Lair Census. Corrected the level 25s in Elements. Corrected coding in Charts to properly show all genes. Updated Refs with Veined, made sure all Eye Types were listed.

I need to correct the Pairs Lab, but that is going to require pulling the code apart bit by bit, so I haven't done it yet. I also haven't checked the Projects for errors or added Veined yet. I also haven't updated the Breeding Lab sheet as I need to check it for errors as well. Oh I also need to update and correct the filters.

I will be working on the Beta sheet in bits when I can. I need to update it (a LOT) before I can really put it all together.

In the meantime, here's an overview of the changes I intend to have once the new sheet is done:
-Font overhaul (any suggestions for font and size?)
-Clearer Welcome tab.
-Easier to input Data tab - add the dragon's name, ID, and Scry link, and all the scry info is added. (Unfortunately you still have to do the rest. There's just no way to automate that stuff.)
-Slight rearranging of columns on Data. Remove offspring info, cost, and for sale. Add lair tab, hibernal den, and den cooldown.
-Quick coding on Lair, Lair Misc. Pattern auto-filled on Lair. (Should I add colors to Lair and Lair Misc, similar to the current sheet?)
-More compact Lair Census, sorted differently.
-(Hopefully) Exclude dragons in den from Food Calc (if you think you can code that, please let me know. I need help with that. @SomehowStillSane)
-Move charts on Elements to Charts. Compact Elements.
-Compact and change Charts.
-Possibly compact Colors, otherwise it's fine.
-(Hopefully) Correct calculator on Pairs Lab (if I don't do it on the current sheet) (If you think you can figure that out, please let me know. I think I know how, but help is always nice.)
-(Possibly) Add eye types to Pairs Lab.
-Add more functionality to the Breeding Lab sheet (I know, not new sheet, but it won't get done till then).
-Projects is good for now I think. Add rows at the minimum.
-Cleaner Refs.
-Add Memorial tab (what info do you want there? Name, ID, gender, breed, colors, genes, how it left the lair, cost if sold?)

I believe that's all. If there's anything you want on the new sheet, or anything you can help with, please let me know! Opinions and suggestions are always welcome. Questions welcome too!

I will get the current sheets updated in the next week or so, whenever my eyes can stand tearing the Pairs Lab apart.

(Holy carp that's long. Not a quick update. Sorry!)
Wow!
Thank you for your wonderful sheet. I've been using it for a while now.
Looking forward to the big update :D
Wow!
Thank you for your wonderful sheet. I've been using it for a while now.
Looking forward to the big update :D
1 2 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 119 120