Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Festival Timelines
[center][font=Stonehenge][size=7]Festival Timeline Guide for New Players[/font][/size][/center] There are already many phenomenal player-made resources concerning the Flight Festivals, particularly [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/969253]Kiena's guide[/url] and [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1388514]Maki's guide[/url]. But I would like to offer a quick To-Do List/ Timeline of Events to help you prepare for and take full advantage of the Flight Festivals. Festivals take place during the last week of each month, with exception to December, in which there is a special event known as the Night of the Nocturne. The Flight Rising year begins in June with the Brightshine Jubilee, the Light Flight Festival, and ends with the Greenskeeper Gathering for the Nature Flight in May. [columns][center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/light_banner.png[/img][nextcol] [indent][right][font=Stonehenge][size=7]First Week of the Month[/size][/font][/right][/indent] ----- You're probably still recovering from the previous festival, but you can still: [LIST] [*]Purchase Festival Currency for the upcoming Festival in the Auction House. [*]Sell items gathered in the last festival to make money. [*]Begin leveling high-level fodder, if you would like to enter them into the raffle (see more under Week Three below). [*]Borrow a level 25 team from another player if you do not have one already. Your flight should have resources to obtain a team. [*]Visit Baldwin's Bubbling Brew as often as you can and stock pile all the oozes and goos that you make. You will need them to brew extra festival currency, as well as the two festival skins available during the fest week. [i]courtesy of Deladria[/i] [/LIST] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/fire_banner.png[/img] [/columns][/center] [columns][center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/arcane_banner.png[/img][nextcol] [indent][right][font=Stonehenge][size=7]Second Week of the Month[/size][/font][/right][/indent] ----- Continue to do the tasks listed in Week One and start doing the following: [LIST] [*]Are you a graphic designer? If so, you can enter the Skin and Accent Contest, organized by the site admins and in honor of the upcoming Flight. An announcement will appear on the FR Home page with a link to that competition. The skin or accent must fit the theme of the upcoming Festival and will be available during the festival. It will then retire. [*]Gather or nest fodder dragons for Week Three. [/LIST] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/lightning_banner.png[/img] [/columns][/center] [columns][center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/nature_banner.png[/img][nextcol] [indent][right][font=Stonehenge][size=7]Third Week of the Month[/size][/font][/right][/indent] ----- Getting close now: [LIST] [*]DOMINANCE RAFFLE TIME! What's that, you ask? Well, it is customary for the Flight who is celebrating their festival to achieve Dominance during that week. To this end, the Flight will offer a Raffle, exchanging fodder for treasure and tickets. Some Flights will also offer what is called a Public Buy, in which you can sell fodder for more treasure, in lieu of raffle tickets. Both of these can be found in Forums>Raffles; look for "[DOM]" at the beginning of the thread title. [*]Check out the Festival Hub in Forums>General Discussion to see if any events require you to sign up ahead of time. For example, a Flight might offer a murder mystery game that will require advanced prep time. You might also ask to be added to a Ping List of an event, whereby the host will alert you to changes in the thread. [/LIST] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/ice_banner.png[/img] [/columns][/center] [columns][center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/earth_banner.png[/img][nextcol] [indent][right][font=Stonehenge][size=7]Fourth Week of the Month[/size][/font][/right][/indent] ----- Festival Time! [LIST] [*]Hopefully you haven't traded in [i]all[/i] of your fodder, because there are a lot of Festival items available in certain venues in the Coliseum. These items are Festival Chests and Festival Currency. Festival Chests are coveted because they are so rare, but their contents are not a surprise- the title of the chest will tell you what is inside. (See the two guides at the top of this thread for more info.) [*]Check out the Festival Hub in Forums>General Discussion to participate in all the events hosted by the Flight. [*]Some Flights will continue their Raffle through the Festival Week and will accept treasure for tickets. [*]Go to the Home Page for the winners of the Skin and Accent Contest. These skins and accents are available only during the week of the festival, after which they will retire. So, try to purchase as many of them as you can to sell for a profit later. [*]Do ALL of your Gathering turns in the region of the Festival Flight. For example, if it is the Light Festival, make sure to do all of your hunting, harvesting, scavenging, etc. in Light! By doing so, you will gather Festival Currency. Try digging more often that usual, too, in order to acquire Chests. Chests can only be found by digging (and playing in the Coliseum), while Festival Currency can be gathered everywhere. [*]You will become quite familiar with the Festival Currency as you gather it throughout the week. When you have enough, go to Festive Favors under Shop to exchange them for the four Festival Items. These items are: a Flight insignia that repeats each year, a new familiar, a new vista, and a new apparel item. Except for the insignia, the items will retire at the end of the festival and will only be available on the Auction House thereafter. [*]Go to Baldwin's Bubbling Brew to concoct festival currency and the two skins that are brewable only during the festival week. [i]courtesy of Deladria[/i] [/LIST] [nextcol] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/wind_banner.png[/img] [/columns][/center] If you can think of anything I have missed, please let me know!
Festival Timeline Guide for New Players

There are already many phenomenal player-made resources concerning the Flight Festivals, particularly Kiena's guide and Maki's guide.

But I would like to offer a quick To-Do List/ Timeline of Events to help you prepare for and take full advantage of the Flight Festivals.

Festivals take place during the last week of each month, with exception to December, in which there is a special event known as the Night of the Nocturne. The Flight Rising year begins in June with the Brightshine Jubilee, the Light Flight Festival, and ends with the Greenskeeper Gathering for the Nature Flight in May.

light_banner.png
First Week of the Month

You're probably still recovering from the previous festival, but you can still:

• Purchase Festival Currency for the upcoming Festival in the Auction House.
  • Sell items gathered in the last festival to make money.
  • Begin leveling high-level fodder, if you would like to enter them into the raffle (see more under Week Three below).
  • Borrow a level 25 team from another player if you do not have one already. Your flight should have resources to obtain a team.
  • Visit Baldwin's Bubbling Brew as often as you can and stock pile all the oozes and goos that you make. You will need them to brew extra festival currency, as well as the two festival skins available during the fest week. courtesy of Deladria
fire_banner.png

arcane_banner.png
Second Week of the Month

Continue to do the tasks listed in Week One and start doing the following:

• Are you a graphic designer? If so, you can enter the Skin and Accent Contest, organized by the site admins and in honor of the upcoming Flight. An announcement will appear on the FR Home page with a link to that competition. The skin or accent must fit the theme of the upcoming Festival and will be available during the festival. It will then retire.
  • Gather or nest fodder dragons for Week Three.
lightning_banner.png

nature_banner.png
Third Week of the Month

Getting close now:

• DOMINANCE RAFFLE TIME! What's that, you ask? Well, it is customary for the Flight who is celebrating their festival to achieve Dominance during that week. To this end, the Flight will offer a Raffle, exchanging fodder for treasure and tickets. Some Flights will also offer what is called a Public Buy, in which you can sell fodder for more treasure, in lieu of raffle tickets. Both of these can be found in Forums>Raffles; look for "[DOM]" at the beginning of the thread title.
  • Check out the Festival Hub in Forums>General Discussion to see if any events require you to sign up ahead of time. For example, a Flight might offer a murder mystery game that will require advanced prep time. You might also ask to be added to a Ping List of an event, whereby the host will alert you to changes in the thread.
ice_banner.png

earth_banner.png
Fourth Week of the Month

Festival Time!

• Hopefully you haven't traded in all of your fodder, because there are a lot of Festival items available in certain venues in the Coliseum. These items are Festival Chests and Festival Currency. Festival Chests are coveted because they are so rare, but their contents are not a surprise- the title of the chest will tell you what is inside. (See the two guides at the top of this thread for more info.)
  • Check out the Festival Hub in Forums>General Discussion to participate in all the events hosted by the Flight.
  • Some Flights will continue their Raffle through the Festival Week and will accept treasure for tickets.
  • Go to the Home Page for the winners of the Skin and Accent Contest. These skins and accents are available only during the week of the festival, after which they will retire. So, try to purchase as many of them as you can to sell for a profit later.
  • Do ALL of your Gathering turns in the region of the Festival Flight. For example, if it is the Light Festival, make sure to do all of your hunting, harvesting, scavenging, etc. in Light! By doing so, you will gather Festival Currency. Try digging more often that usual, too, in order to acquire Chests. Chests can only be found by digging (and playing in the Coliseum), while Festival Currency can be gathered everywhere.
  • You will become quite familiar with the Festival Currency as you gather it throughout the week. When you have enough, go to Festive Favors under Shop to exchange them for the four Festival Items. These items are: a Flight insignia that repeats each year, a new familiar, a new vista, and a new apparel item. Except for the insignia, the items will retire at the end of the festival and will only be available on the Auction House thereafter.
  • Go to Baldwin's Bubbling Brew to concoct festival currency and the two skins that are brewable only during the festival week. courtesy of Deladria
wind_banner.png

If you can think of anything I have missed, please let me know!
wnJMeQT.png980ddb6d-ea41-46ba-9873-dbe1608c141a-copy-99x99.png lYjGA7U.png
@sinha27

Add to your list: start reducing items in order to stockpile the ones needed to brew up festival currency through Baldwin.

I don't remember exactly which colors/types. because I've only been through a couple festivals myself, but the old-timers probably can tell you by heart. Maybe one will enlighten us here ....
@sinha27

Add to your list: start reducing items in order to stockpile the ones needed to brew up festival currency through Baldwin.

I don't remember exactly which colors/types. because I've only been through a couple festivals myself, but the old-timers probably can tell you by heart. Maybe one will enlighten us here ....
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@Deladria that's a good one- thank you! adding it now and giving you credit. I've been around since they introduced the brew-able skins... I think it's different each time because I never noticed a pattern.
@Deladria that's a good one- thank you! adding it now and giving you credit. I've been around since they introduced the brew-able skins... I think it's different each time because I never noticed a pattern.
wnJMeQT.png980ddb6d-ea41-46ba-9873-dbe1608c141a-copy-99x99.png lYjGA7U.png
Bumping since Greenskeeper is coming!
Bumping since Greenskeeper is coming!
duHgkuH.png