Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Ruins Meditate Monk
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Twomix Will try it with my next lvl25
@Twomix Will try it with my next lvl25
FR Time +9
This is working great in the Mire with a Shadow dragon - I'm using the 16 VIT 70 QCK version.
This is working great in the Mire with a Shadow dragon - I'm using the 16 VIT 70 QCK version.
All I can say is that this works like a dream and is the reason why I've finally moved out of the mire :D
All I can say is that this works like a dream and is the reason why I've finally moved out of the mire :D
30286044_7AffP3W60irfkEb.pngjt3PpxV.png
I've been leveling with this build and I find I can actually do two-fodder instead of one fodder and one "Ambush Bug eater"

@Lamentations
One sneaky thing I do is that when I get an all caster pack to start (or if I'm relatively high on health but low on breath) I will meditate twice in a row, let them all meditate, then fall into the haste / defend / rally / eliminate pattern. this gives more margin for error for Dodged Eliminates and saving up for Saps.
I've been leveling with this build and I find I can actually do two-fodder instead of one fodder and one "Ambush Bug eater"

@Lamentations
One sneaky thing I do is that when I get an all caster pack to start (or if I'm relatively high on health but low on breath) I will meditate twice in a row, let them all meditate, then fall into the haste / defend / rally / eliminate pattern. this gives more margin for error for Dodged Eliminates and saving up for Saps.
Ragesquid
High Level Cauldron
Gen 1 & Gen2 Horder Happy Home
Inky Octopus
OK, so I am in love with my L25 Mire Monk. Once I got her up to 25 and figured out that you DO have to spend a little time on starter packs, I can't get over how smooth it goes for fodder leveling from 1-6 or 1-7 with no restarts!! I am a huge fan of this build, can't say enough. Looking into making a Ruins Monk as well -- what a blast.
OK, so I am in love with my L25 Mire Monk. Once I got her up to 25 and figured out that you DO have to spend a little time on starter packs, I can't get over how smooth it goes for fodder leveling from 1-6 or 1-7 with no restarts!! I am a huge fan of this build, can't say enough. Looking into making a Ruins Monk as well -- what a blast.
9MRyW42.jpg
Feymarch Apothecary
| experimenting with XXY combinations galore |

|| i collect unusual triples!
|| lovely unusual combos
@Hidd3nstare
@Hidd3nstare
unknown.png
@Lamentations I just wanted to thank you for this, as I was turned onto it by @TarmonSuravye when I was complaining about how much I hate the mire. And I do hate the mire, make no mistake, no good drops, horrid dodge rate, just, such a headache. So thanks for this, know it helped me out a lot!
@Lamentations I just wanted to thank you for this, as I was turned onto it by @TarmonSuravye when I was complaining about how much I hate the mire. And I do hate the mire, make no mistake, no good drops, horrid dodge rate, just, such a headache. So thanks for this, know it helped me out a lot!
DvckOcF.gif5KOtTO2.gifcmrD4pD.gif
@Huskily
Pinging myself so I don't forget this.

But... is this build still a thing? Is it better for mire or ruins? Is it better than the mire flyer?
Can someone who uses this build give some input there?
@Huskily
Pinging myself so I don't forget this.

But... is this build still a thing? Is it better for mire or ruins? Is it better than the mire flyer?
Can someone who uses this build give some input there?
trDeB4W.png
@balthy
@balthy

tumblr_owx0mlGX951u3wsjco6_r1_250.png
@Huskily I only have personal experience in the ruins (never tried it in the mire but it sounds fun), but it's still valuable for me!

People have different preferences but it depends on what level you like to level to. If you like leveling to 5, you will have to have an extra battle since experience stops JUST at the end of level 4 (like less than 10? experience) and then it'll go quite into level 5 so some feel inclined to go to 6. (I'm part of this group and 6 is usually my go-to anyway). If you like level 5, my friends have told me that mire flyer feels best for them.

I personally like the monk more than the mire flyer (I use 116 strength /70 quick but others have highly recommend 72 quick instead) because building up breath with scratch is annoying for me. The ONLY thing I don't like about meditate monk is when you're hit with contuse because it's kind of game over. So while mage packs are your best friend, it's not always true.

I've also heard that the anticitank is the best of both worlds since you build breath by having physical attackers hit you and contuse is not as deadly compared to the monk.

Hope that helped!
@Huskily I only have personal experience in the ruins (never tried it in the mire but it sounds fun), but it's still valuable for me!

People have different preferences but it depends on what level you like to level to. If you like leveling to 5, you will have to have an extra battle since experience stops JUST at the end of level 4 (like less than 10? experience) and then it'll go quite into level 5 so some feel inclined to go to 6. (I'm part of this group and 6 is usually my go-to anyway). If you like level 5, my friends have told me that mire flyer feels best for them.

I personally like the monk more than the mire flyer (I use 116 strength /70 quick but others have highly recommend 72 quick instead) because building up breath with scratch is annoying for me. The ONLY thing I don't like about meditate monk is when you're hit with contuse because it's kind of game over. So while mage packs are your best friend, it's not always true.

I've also heard that the anticitank is the best of both worlds since you build breath by having physical attackers hit you and contuse is not as deadly compared to the monk.

Hope that helped!
tumblr_ouq7f7udIz1v8lm95o1_r3_100.gif3DgI354.gif
To ping me, use @Knightess, not KnightLESS or KnightNESS. They're really cool names, but I won't see the message! ;o; Thanks~

ZGitmNV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8