Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Lore Guide] Uses for different Items
1 2 3 4 5
@IvyVines [item=Pelagas Feathers] Can be used to create a bitter tea.
@IvyVines
Pelagas Feathers Can be used to create a bitter tea.
rFG4FSy.gif HWUyWaT.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
fwY7xo3.png
@IvyVines [item=Sand] Ingested to soothe upset stomach. [item=Stone Fertility Statue] Not a remedy per se, but kept in some lairs to promote stronger, healthier hatchlings. [item=Southmarsh Podid Claws] Claws taken from females contain potent toxins. [item=Muckbottom Shell] Ground into pigment. [item=Mimic Powder] Disorienting vapors. [item=Unicorn Dust] (Possibly) A a pinch of this will help a dragon fly. [item=Cerdae Sparkle] Dull red glow, used to be used as a light source, but not commonly anymore. [item=Eye Agate] Ward off predatory birds. [item= Apatite] Ground up and used in fertilizer. [item=Kunzite] Bundled up and used as a light source. [item=Azurite] Ground up for pigment. [item=Prehnite] Used for bartering with Harpy clans and sometimes in Lightning dragon clans. [item=Pink Chalcedony] Prolonged exposure makes non-Arcane dragons ill. [item=Morganite] Ground up for use in Eternal Youth scrolls, and believed to promote long life. [item=Moonstone] Something of a growth vitamin for sprites and fairies. (Can't link because it has an apostrophe) Foo's Eye : Used to decorate most Wind lairs and used in protective charms.
@IvyVines

Sand Ingested to soothe upset stomach.

Stone Fertility Statue Not a remedy per se, but kept in some lairs to promote stronger, healthier hatchlings.

Southmarsh Podid Claws Claws taken from females contain potent toxins.

Muckbottom Shell Ground into pigment.

Mimic Powder Disorienting vapors.

Unicorn Dust (Possibly) A a pinch of this will help a dragon fly.

Cerdae Sparkle Dull red glow, used to be used as a light source, but not commonly anymore.

Eye Agate Ward off predatory birds.

Apatite Ground up and used in fertilizer.

Kunzite Bundled up and used as a light source.

Azurite Ground up for pigment.

Prehnite Used for bartering with Harpy clans and sometimes in Lightning dragon clans.

Pink Chalcedony Prolonged exposure makes non-Arcane dragons ill.

Morganite Ground up for use in Eternal Youth scrolls, and believed to promote long life.

Moonstone Something of a growth vitamin for sprites and fairies.

(Can't link because it has an apostrophe) Foo's Eye : Used to decorate most Wind lairs and used in protective charms.

Cooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.png
@Zoroarkstar
@Cheeseburger

Thanks guys! I'll do a mass upd8 of the guide with all this once I get to a computer :)
@Zoroarkstar
@Cheeseburger

Thanks guys! I'll do a mass upd8 of the guide with all this once I get to a computer :)
ZptOUjO.pngOJbFlFz.pngFI4rElJ.png
i've returned with a second, larger list! i'm really sorry if there's a few repeats orz i should also note that ive bundled items with the same descriptions together instead of retyping them, in case it's confusing or anything? [item=clay] - used for the obvious (making things like bricks and pottery) along with being ingested as a stomach aid [item=pine logs] [item=cedar logs] - both can be shaped, presumably into planks or wooden statues [item=bamboo shoot] [item=bamboo cluster] - used to make kites in wind flight. [item=jade] - can be carved, likely into statues/jadecarved decoys [item=sanded ash plank] [item=sanded birch plank] [item=sanded cedar plank] [item=sanded pine plank] - used to craft barrels, tables, and wagons [item=hematite] - carved into trinkets [item=coarse tail hair] - used to lash bundles of sticks or twigs, along with being used in crafts [item=maple leaf] - used as offerings to the shadowbinder [item=malachite agate] - used as game pieces! [item=staghorn coral] - lair decorations [item=potted peacevine] - lair decorations [item=waterlogged boot] - can be used as a flowerpot [item=fluted conch] - ground into an iridescent polish [item=rippleconch] - used in jewelry and sculptures. also can be given as a gift. [item=damaged battlehorn] - can be turned into a drinking horn [item=ebon-edged spear] - used as toothpicks by imperials [item=duelist hilt] - recycled for larger metallurgic projects [item=fisher's companion] - strung into nets by ridgebacks and used to fish. [item=fractured tusk] - can be used in crafts and small jewelry [item=common podid claws] - used in a variety of crafts [item=winter wolf pelt] - worn while wolf hunting [item=rasa pottery fragment] - can be incorporated into new artworks [item=aether cherries] - juice is used as dye [item=angelspine] - spines are 'valuable' [item=oasis songbird] - not sure if this counts, but has been known to lead dragons to water [item=chimera fangs] - has mystical properties? [item=silver ore] - can be effective against werewolves, apparently [item=driftwood log] - really ugly lair decoration [item=emerald ring] - can be used as a necklace by fae dragons, which is adorable [item=runic pug moth] - kept as familiars [item=blackworm] - can be used as horrible, possibly sentient kindling [item=tin ore] - used in trinkets and jewelry [item=clay fertility statue] - same as listed by a previous poster; believed to promote strong, healthy hatchlings [item=moor thistle] - used to disguise lairs [item=blackened warninghorn] - blown to alert others of danger [item=onyx cobra] - has been known to cause the onset of gembond in bitten dragons [item=amethyst striker] - source of gems [item=fallout whisper] - they make your tongue glow! [item=greatshell] - carcasses are placed outside of other dragons' lairs as a prank [item=spotted grasshopper] - collected by fae dragons [item=cinnamon] - "The practice of attempting to hold a mawful of cinnamon sticks for an extended period of time became strangely popular among juvenile dragons." [item=balloon belly magi] - enhances magical capabilities (supposedly) [item=small chunk of granite] - can be installed into a lair to increase its resale value [item=hallowed ivy] - can lift a dragon's spirits [item=silver ferret] - can be trained to steal treasure from rival clans [item=broadleaf plantain] - can be used as a 'treatment' - no other information given. [item=toxindiver] - used to test poison [item=chameleon] - used as an edible mood ring [item=jar of vapors] - can be used to grow new steam gyres [item=sublime peacock] - hunted for its tail feathers i hope this isn't too much orz....
i've returned with a second, larger list! i'm really sorry if there's a few repeats orz
i should also note that ive bundled items with the same descriptions together instead of retyping them, in case it's confusing or anything?

Clay - used for the obvious (making things like bricks and pottery) along with being ingested as a stomach aid

Pine Logs Cedar Logs - both can be shaped, presumably into planks or wooden statues

Bamboo Shoot Bamboo Cluster - used to make kites in wind flight.

Jade - can be carved, likely into statues/jadecarved decoys

Sanded Ash Plank Sanded Birch Plank Sanded Cedar Plank Sanded Pine Plank - used to craft barrels, tables, and wagons

Hematite - carved into trinkets

Coarse Tail Hair - used to lash bundles of sticks or twigs, along with being used in crafts

Maple Leaf - used as offerings to the shadowbinder

Malachite Agate - used as game pieces!

Staghorn Coral - lair decorations

Potted Peacevine - lair decorations

Waterlogged Boot - can be used as a flowerpot

Fluted Conch - ground into an iridescent polish

Rippleconch - used in jewelry and sculptures. also can be given as a gift.

Damaged Battlehorn - can be turned into a drinking horn

Ebon-Edged Spear - used as toothpicks by imperials

Duelist Hilt - recycled for larger metallurgic projects

Fisher's Companion - strung into nets by ridgebacks and used to fish.

Fractured Tusk - can be used in crafts and small jewelry

Common Podid Claws - used in a variety of crafts

Winter Wolf Pelt - worn while wolf hunting

Rasa Pottery Fragment - can be incorporated into new artworks

Aether Cherries - juice is used as dye

Angelspine - spines are 'valuable'

Oasis Songbird - not sure if this counts, but has been known to lead dragons to water

Chimera Fangs - has mystical properties?

Silver Ore - can be effective against werewolves, apparently

Driftwood Log - really ugly lair decoration

Emerald Ring - can be used as a necklace by fae dragons, which is adorable

Runic Pug Moth - kept as familiars

Blackworm - can be used as horrible, possibly sentient kindling

Tin Ore - used in trinkets and jewelry

Clay Fertility Statue - same as listed by a previous poster; believed to promote strong, healthy hatchlings

Moor Thistle - used to disguise lairs

Blackened Warninghorn - blown to alert others of danger

Onyx Cobra - has been known to cause the onset of gembond in bitten dragons

Amethyst Striker - source of gems

Fallout Whisper - they make your tongue glow!

Greatshell - carcasses are placed outside of other dragons' lairs as a prank

Spotted Grasshopper - collected by fae dragons

Cinnamon - "The practice of attempting to hold a mawful of cinnamon sticks for an extended period of time became strangely popular among juvenile dragons."

Balloon Belly Magi - enhances magical capabilities (supposedly)

Small Chunk of Granite - can be installed into a lair to increase its resale value

Hallowed Ivy - can lift a dragon's spirits

Silver Ferret - can be trained to steal treasure from rival clans

Broadleaf Plantain - can be used as a 'treatment' - no other information given.

Toxindiver - used to test poison

Chameleon - used as an edible mood ring

Jar of Vapors - can be used to grow new steam gyres

Sublime Peacock - hunted for its tail feathers

i hope this isn't too much orz....
This is perfect. So useful! I've been looking through all of FR's items for these kinds of uses. It's so nice to see a guide for it!
This is perfect. So useful! I've been looking through all of FR's items for these kinds of uses. It's so nice to see a guide for it!
4UUQPPZ.gif
@Piney

pinging myself to find this again, this is awesome!
@Piney

pinging myself to find this again, this is awesome!
Progen >93399p.png Art Shop 68696002p.png< Avatar
Awesome guide. The Eye Agate now gave me a stupid idea XD
Awesome guide. The Eye Agate now gave me a stupid idea XD
Help them grow please!=>eastern-dragon-child-fire-pixel.gif
@DragonJade
Pinging myself to find this again! Great idea, and incredibly useful! :)
@DragonJade
Pinging myself to find this again! Great idea, and incredibly useful! :)
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown buttone eyes. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a red wildclaw from the chest up with pink feathers.
Just spotted these in Swipp's stand- [item=Driftwood Baron]the toxins found in the Driftwood Baron's venom have been used to combat the onset of several strains of Wyrmwound Plague. [item=Sunsong Face Mask] and this face mask is apparently makeup worn traditionally by storytellers and performers. Thanks for this neat-o thread!
Just spotted these in Swipp's stand-
Driftwood Baron the toxins found in the Driftwood Baron's venom have been used to combat the onset of several strains of Wyrmwound Plague.
Sunsong Face Mask and this face mask is apparently makeup worn traditionally by storytellers and performers.

Thanks for this neat-o thread!
8809705.gif8809703.gif8809701.gif8809676.gif
Here are a few that I found in my hoard. I apologise if I'm repeating any that have already been mentioned. [item=Strangler Seeds] Used for sabotaging rivals' gardens [item=River Wiggler] Leech population control in rivers [item=Mycena Mushroom] Potential hallucinogen [item=Ivy] Den decor, if one is into ivy hanging everywhere [item=Dwarf Mushroom] Rumoured to have shrinking properties [item=Ancient Mushroom] Rumoured to have growth-enhancing properties [item=Venomspite Invader] Kept in fish ponds by those who don't mind having only one fish [item=Blue Honeycomb] Used to make hard candy [item=Featherback Pelt] Used as excellent bedding [item=Dragon Coral] Is used fresh or dried for various unspecified alchemical properties [item=Reefsnail Egg] Used to make an antidote for Reefsnail poison [item=Bonepriest Venom] Used to produce dastardly brews and tonics. [item=Glass Beaker] Keeps transmutation ingredients separate [item=Potted Peacevine] Used as a (poisonous) lair decoration [item=Seeker Orb] Used for making jewellery [item=Firestarter] As the name suggests, these are used to start fires
Here are a few that I found in my hoard. I apologise if I'm repeating any that have already been mentioned.

Strangler Seeds Used for sabotaging rivals' gardens
River Wiggler Leech population control in rivers
Mycena Mushroom Potential hallucinogen
Ivy Den decor, if one is into ivy hanging everywhere
Dwarf Mushroom Rumoured to have shrinking properties
Ancient Mushroom Rumoured to have growth-enhancing properties
Venomspite Invader Kept in fish ponds by those who don't mind having only one fish
Blue Honeycomb Used to make hard candy
Featherback Pelt Used as excellent bedding
Dragon Coral Is used fresh or dried for various unspecified alchemical properties
Reefsnail Egg Used to make an antidote for Reefsnail poison
Bonepriest Venom Used to produce dastardly brews and tonics.
Glass Beaker Keeps transmutation ingredients separate
Potted Peacevine Used as a (poisonous) lair decoration
Seeker Orb Used for making jewellery
Firestarter As the name suggests, these are used to start fires
Performing a lair purge at the moment.

Here’s the reason why.
1 2 3 4 5