Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Shulk's Marketplace Sniping Guide ($$$)
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d5a0ef11f0fafd1c829c56a10e27afc4/tumblr_inline_nzaj2yrmxf1rkcnuo_540.png[/img] [font=century gothic]Sniping is my preferable way of earning treasure on FR. To me it's easy and takes little focus, as I struggle with focus. It also seems to earn a lot more money for me, as Coli takes longer. There are two types of sniping, MP sniping, and AH sniping. I will focus on the MP sniping. MP sniping is grabbing popular apparel, or new genes, then selling 1t under the lowest AH price. This is a collection of tips, and a short guide that is hopefully easy on the eyes. If you have questions, ping me! Just type @ in front of my username (no spaces) in this thread, and I'll answer your questions/clarify! (I'm very open to suggestions by the way!) [size=5][b]Table of Contents[/b]:[/size] [size=4]*[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1672465/1#post_16074603]MP Sniping Guide[/url]* *[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1672465/1#post_16074606]Currently Popular[/url]* *[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1672465/1#post_16074615]FAQ[/url]*[/size]
tumblr_inline_nzaj2yrmxf1rkcnuo_540.png
Sniping is my preferable way of earning treasure on FR.

To me it's easy and takes little focus, as I struggle with focus.
It also seems to earn a lot more money for me, as Coli takes longer.
There are two types of sniping, MP sniping, and AH sniping.
I will focus on the MP sniping.

MP sniping is grabbing popular apparel, or new genes, then selling 1t under the lowest AH price.

This is a collection of tips, and a short guide that is hopefully easy on the eyes.

If you have questions, ping me! Just type @ in front of my username (no spaces) in this thread, and I'll answer your questions/clarify!

(I'm very open to suggestions by the way!)

Table of Contents:
*MP Sniping Guide*
*Currently Popular*
*FAQ*
tumblr_static_hnjsmhjjgq8skwockw48k088.pngtumblr_inline_o4y4kuKYPS1ri5cm2_500.giftumblr_inline_oervoxK5om1u1vsxl_500.png
[center][font=century gothic][size=6][b]Marketplace Sniping[/b][/size] My personal way of making money, as well... Take a look what it's done for me. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/8cef2b756ca06557a81bb7932aed1c35/tumblr_inline_nzajx0Th3B1rkcnuo_540.png[/img] Make of that what you will.[/center] [font=century gothic][size=4][b]What you need[/b]:[/size] >Around 100k? 200k if you want to really make a profit. Don't worry. You'll be making a ton if you do this correctly, and keep trying. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710]The Coliseum[/url] is a good way to get that money. >Access to having multiple tabs open >Patience >Probably the ability to not going spending as soon as you make money >Dom discount is nice, but not needed. It's not like you're going to get a discount everyday! >Fast Internet (stuff goes quickly) [size=4][b]Progress[/b]:[/size][/font] [font=helvetica][size=4]>First step, you're here to pick up apparel from the marketplace. Popular apparel to resell on the Auction House (AH). Usually the price you get them from in the MP is much lower than for what they sell for the AH. The AH does not sell instantly, so you will need some patience. To snipe, you're going to need to be fast. >The AH restocks every five minutes, XX:X5 and XX:X0 on the clock, server time. The good stuff rolls in then. "But Shulk, how will I know the exact time? The site only shows the hour and minutes." See this inconsistently coloured Fae here? He's your new best friend. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/97f56851d7b3249b1bfa7607120654db/tumblr_inline_nzak9wkBzO1rkcnuo_1280.png[/img] Or his service really. No, we're not sending you to make a Swipp trade, but there's something... Interesting about [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/trading/swipp]this fellow's stand[/url]. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/1a01b99a61698e49bc7823fb204db210/tumblr_inline_nzaia8Mkoe1rkcnuo_1280.png[/img] Look to the top right. Look at our glorious angel, the clock! That's the clock displaying the exact time FR works with. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/ee75c890b792387a30f11c0731cfd829/tumblr_inline_nzakuljD7D1rkcnuo_1280.png[/img] This one. Sometimes the MP refreshes 5 seconds before the site hits the restock time, or 5 seconds later. I recommend refreshing 10 seconds before, so you get the time right. >Alright, so you got the exact time the site works with. Now to get to the meat. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/8733acb7930cf73953003695f1a905b7/tumblr_inline_nzal46jnjT1rkcnuo_1280.png[/img] Welcome to [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=market&type=0&tab=app]the Marketplace[/url], a place of joy, sorrow, frustration, and disappointment. But mostly joy. I hope. (Also KFC, I know what you're going to say, "FRIENDS DON'T ENCOURAGE CAPITALISM" but please, it's only pixels.) >Hit F5 on your keyboard when it's time for the restock, if you can. For me, the images lag, and image recognition works much better for me, so I hit the treasure icon. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/6b0dfb0cb130e319f7365da203b34d9a/tumblr_inline_nzal29CjoJ1rkcnuo_1280.png[/img] >If you're sniping for genes to resell, go to the Speciality Tab. Apparel tab if you're looking to snipe apparel. >Here, you'll find your new money source. When something in demand pops in, grab it, and grab as many pieces of it as you can. Sometimes you can nab two or more, if you're lucky. >Take your shiny loot to the Auction House, then look up the lowest price for the item in question. Then sell your item for 1 treasure lower, or 1 gem lower if you're seeking to sell in gems. I tend to sell in treasure, because I feel that sells faster, and I can easily convert to gems on the forums. (People selling gems for treasure, at a specified rate.) >Wait. That's it. Eventually, it'll sell. Time for that $$$$$. Let's bring back that picture, because soon this will be you. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/8cef2b756ca06557a81bb7932aed1c35/tumblr_inline_nzajx0Th3B1rkcnuo_540.png[/img] [font=century gothic][size=4][b]Tips[/b]:[/size][/font][font=helvetica] >Don't give up, stuff won't sell immediately. Don't come in thinking you'll make cash instantly. It takes determination and persistence to get that cash. If it's popular, [b]it will sell[/b]. Don't get discouraged, keep trying. It may take time, but you will get that money. Nothing comes instantly. >The MP has a 10% chance of not restocking. It's not a glitch, it just unfortunately happens. Sometimes you can have it not restock for an hour. >The MP empties itself out every even numbered hour. There's nothing left, unless it's the gem marketplace, which is always full. Don't panic, this is normal. It can take a while for it to restock again. >Check your auctions! See if anyone undercut (has their price lower than your's), or if they have a price way too low. For example, let's say Golden Wing Silks are going for 100k. Someone posts them for 20k. Nab them, then resell them. You just made a profit off them. If you've been undercut, but it's not that big, undercut them by 1t. The lowest price will appear first when you select Price+Ascending on the AH. (Above the listed items) This is how a vast majority buy AH items. >Undercut the lowest price by 1 treasure/1 gem. Undercutting massively reduces the money you make. Your item will sell regardless, and impatience only cuts out of your profits, as well as the item's value at the time. If you need money instantly, I suppose undercutting for a big chunk will help though. But I don't recommend it unless you really need it instantly. >Wait a bit before reselling your loot. When the latest goodies roll in, people are going to be selling their's as well. You're not the only one out there. Resell around 3 minutes after? >Speaking of there being others out there, you might have an easier time trying to snipe around the times 2:00-8:00 server time. There are less people on, and you're less likely to be outsniped. >Do something while waiting for the MP to restock. It becomes less boring, and it's no fun just sitting around waiting. >If you have a small screen, zoom out by 75% >The longer you put your items for, the more money the AH takes away. This only applies to treasure, and not gems. >[b]Don't give up.[/b] Keep trying. You won't get anything done, unless you keep pushing. [center][font=century gothic][size=5][b][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1672465/1#post_16074606]Popular Items At the Moment (Will be updated)[/url][/b][/size][/font][/center]
Marketplace Sniping
My personal way of making money, as well...
Take a look what it's done for me.

tumblr_inline_nzajx0Th3B1rkcnuo_540.png
Make of that what you will.

What you need:
>Around 100k? 200k if you want to really make a profit. Don't worry. You'll be making a ton if you do this correctly, and keep trying. The Coliseum is a good way to get that money.
>Access to having multiple tabs open
>Patience
>Probably the ability to not going spending as soon as you make money
>Dom discount is nice, but not needed. It's not like you're going to get a discount everyday!
>Fast Internet (stuff goes quickly)

Progress:

>First step, you're here to pick up apparel from the marketplace. Popular apparel to resell on the Auction House (AH). Usually the price you get them from in the MP is much lower than for what they sell for the AH. The AH does not sell instantly, so you will need some patience. To snipe, you're going to need to be fast.

>The AH restocks every five minutes, XX:X5 and XX:X0 on the clock, server time. The good stuff rolls in then.
"But Shulk, how will I know the exact time? The site only shows the hour and minutes."

See this inconsistently coloured Fae here? He's your new best friend.
tumblr_inline_nzak9wkBzO1rkcnuo_1280.png
Or his service really. No, we're not sending you to make a Swipp trade, but there's something...
Interesting about this fellow's stand.

tumblr_inline_nzaia8Mkoe1rkcnuo_1280.png
Look to the top right. Look at our glorious angel, the clock! That's the clock displaying the exact time FR works with.
tumblr_inline_nzakuljD7D1rkcnuo_1280.png
This one.
Sometimes the MP refreshes 5 seconds before the site hits the restock time, or 5 seconds later. I recommend refreshing 10 seconds before, so you get the time right.

>Alright, so you got the exact time the site works with. Now to get to the meat.

tumblr_inline_nzal46jnjT1rkcnuo_1280.png

Welcome to the Marketplace, a place of joy, sorrow, frustration, and disappointment. But mostly joy. I hope.
(Also KFC, I know what you're going to say, "FRIENDS DON'T ENCOURAGE CAPITALISM" but please, it's only pixels.)

>Hit F5 on your keyboard when it's time for the restock, if you can. For me, the images lag, and image recognition works much better for me, so I hit the treasure icon.
tumblr_inline_nzal29CjoJ1rkcnuo_1280.png

>If you're sniping for genes to resell, go to the Speciality Tab. Apparel tab if you're looking to snipe apparel.

>Here, you'll find your new money source. When something in demand pops in, grab it, and grab as many pieces of it as you can. Sometimes you can nab two or more, if you're lucky.

>Take your shiny loot to the Auction House, then look up the lowest price for the item in question. Then sell your item for 1 treasure lower, or 1 gem lower if you're seeking to sell in gems. I tend to sell in treasure, because I feel that sells faster, and I can easily convert to gems on the forums. (People selling gems for treasure, at a specified rate.)

>Wait. That's it. Eventually, it'll sell. Time for that $$$$$.

Let's bring back that picture, because soon this will be you.

tumblr_inline_nzajx0Th3B1rkcnuo_540.png
Tips:
>Don't give up, stuff won't sell immediately. Don't come in thinking you'll make cash instantly.
It takes determination and persistence to get that cash. If it's popular, it will sell. Don't get discouraged, keep trying. It may take time, but you will get that money. Nothing comes instantly.

>The MP has a 10% chance of not restocking. It's not a glitch, it just unfortunately happens. Sometimes you can have it not restock for an hour.

>The MP empties itself out every even numbered hour. There's nothing left, unless it's the gem marketplace, which is always full. Don't panic, this is normal. It can take a while for it to restock again.

>Check your auctions! See if anyone undercut (has their price lower than your's), or if they have a price way too low. For example, let's say Golden Wing Silks are going for 100k. Someone posts them for 20k. Nab them, then resell them. You just made a profit off them. If you've been undercut, but it's not that big, undercut them by 1t. The lowest price will appear first when you select Price+Ascending on the AH. (Above the listed items) This is how a vast majority buy AH items.

>Undercut the lowest price by 1 treasure/1 gem. Undercutting massively reduces the money you make. Your item will sell regardless, and impatience only cuts out of your profits, as well as the item's value at the time. If you need money instantly, I suppose undercutting for a big chunk will help though. But I don't recommend it unless you really need it instantly.

>Wait a bit before reselling your loot. When the latest goodies roll in, people are going to be selling their's as well. You're not the only one out there. Resell around 3 minutes after?

>Speaking of there being others out there, you might have an easier time trying to snipe around the times 2:00-8:00 server time. There are less people on, and you're less likely to be outsniped.

>Do something while waiting for the MP to restock. It becomes less boring, and it's no fun just sitting around waiting.

>If you have a small screen, zoom out by 75%

>The longer you put your items for, the more money the AH takes away. This only applies to treasure, and not gems.

>Don't give up. Keep trying. You won't get anything done, unless you keep pushing.

tumblr_static_hnjsmhjjgq8skwockw48k088.pngtumblr_inline_o4y4kuKYPS1ri5cm2_500.giftumblr_inline_oervoxK5om1u1vsxl_500.png
this is so outdated
this is so outdated
FAQ:
None at the moment.
FAQ:
None at the moment.
aaaaaand i'm done! :D
aaaaaand i'm done! :D
Wonderfully written! And i didnt know the Fae clock was in line with FR time!
Wonderfully written! And i didnt know the Fae clock was in line with FR time!
Thanks for this guide! I've already bought a few items in the MP that were sold for 10kT more in the AH. ^_^
None of the items are listed in your thread though. Is that okay or should we aim for the listed items? (I've bought Sparkling Blue Neck Bow, Gossamer Silk Veil, Amber Flourish Belt)
Thanks for this guide! I've already bought a few items in the MP that were sold for 10kT more in the AH. ^_^
None of the items are listed in your thread though. Is that okay or should we aim for the listed items? (I've bought Sparkling Blue Neck Bow, Gossamer Silk Veil, Amber Flourish Belt)
Image3_1x1_zpsrg6mskc2.gifImage3_1x2_zpsuovcka44.gifImage3_1x3_zpspddykc0r.gif
Image3_2x1_zpshav0cnhy.gifImage3_2x2_zps0f5f24yv.gifImage3_2x3_zps7vge5ltm.gif
Image3_3x1_zpsmfst9sin.gifImage3_3x2_zpsn0tpmmvh.gifImage3_3x3_zpslzaainva.gif
@Minaide
You're more likely to get the money from popular items, but the Gossamer Silk Veil should sell pretty quickly, since silks are popular. The bow might be harder to work with, but the flourish belt should also work.

I put what usually works best for me, and was most profitable.
@Minaide
You're more likely to get the money from popular items, but the Gossamer Silk Veil should sell pretty quickly, since silks are popular. The bow might be harder to work with, but the flourish belt should also work.

I put what usually works best for me, and was most profitable.
@Shulk Thanks for the advice! :)
@Shulk Thanks for the advice! :)
Image3_1x1_zpsrg6mskc2.gifImage3_1x2_zpsuovcka44.gifImage3_1x3_zpspddykc0r.gif
Image3_2x1_zpshav0cnhy.gifImage3_2x2_zps0f5f24yv.gifImage3_2x3_zps7vge5ltm.gif
Image3_3x1_zpsmfst9sin.gifImage3_3x2_zpsn0tpmmvh.gifImage3_3x3_zpslzaainva.gif
@Deeproar

yesssssssssssss
@Deeproar

yesssssssssssss
+19 FR time | She/Her| Nest Network
1 2 3 4 5 6