Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Area Loot Comparisons
1 2 3 4
TABLE OF CONTENTS AND SPREADSHEET LINK

After nearly 30 hours of work, I'm finally ready to unveil my huge project (which might become completely useless when the coliseum changes but until then...)

I have created a giant spreadsheet of all the coliseum loot drops, their marketplace and auto sell prices, food value, etc, and calculated massive amounts of different values to list just about everything you could possibly want to know in regards to loot drops in the coliseum for each area and compared to each other!

Each run of an area I did was 30 minutes long.

WARNING: THIS INFORMATION IS STILL ONLY BASED ON 3 30 MINUTE RUNS. THERE IS STILL A LOT OF LUCK THAT IS IN PLAY, SO EXPECT CHANGES AS I UPDATE WITH MORE RUNS

The spreadsheet link is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oaax4EsQZ9lMUIncKAQ7LdiLq5X82uJR5r0J3SrG8ZI/edit?usp=sharing

The following posts will be a myriad of different things based on the spreadsheet, but it's the spreadsheet itself that is the main focus!

1. Table of Contents & Spreadsheet Link
  2. FAQ & Misc. Information
  3. Rankings & Graphs
  4. Expected Runs to Encounter Familiars
  5. Analysis of Relevant Updates
  6. Area Analyses
  7. Pinglists
  8. Reserved
TABLE OF CONTENTS AND SPREADSHEET LINK

After nearly 30 hours of work, I'm finally ready to unveil my huge project (which might become completely useless when the coliseum changes but until then...)

I have created a giant spreadsheet of all the coliseum loot drops, their marketplace and auto sell prices, food value, etc, and calculated massive amounts of different values to list just about everything you could possibly want to know in regards to loot drops in the coliseum for each area and compared to each other!

Each run of an area I did was 30 minutes long.

WARNING: THIS INFORMATION IS STILL ONLY BASED ON 3 30 MINUTE RUNS. THERE IS STILL A LOT OF LUCK THAT IS IN PLAY, SO EXPECT CHANGES AS I UPDATE WITH MORE RUNS

The spreadsheet link is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oaax4EsQZ9lMUIncKAQ7LdiLq5X82uJR5r0J3SrG8ZI/edit?usp=sharing

The following posts will be a myriad of different things based on the spreadsheet, but it's the spreadsheet itself that is the main focus!

1. Table of Contents & Spreadsheet Link
  2. FAQ & Misc. Information
  3. Rankings & Graphs
  4. Expected Runs to Encounter Familiars
  5. Analysis of Relevant Updates
  6. Area Analyses
  7. Pinglists
  8. Reserved
FAQ & MISC. INFORMATION

Q: Why did you make this/what does this offer that other guides don't?

A: I actually got inspired by Throatspiders guide here! But I always found it a bit lacking. The biggest problems I had with it were:

1. It was only based on one run, so luck was a huge factor
2. It isn't really updated, so many of the places have changed, either gotten better or worse
3. You aren't going to be auto selling familiars, swipp items, apparel, and some battle items generally.
4. It did not take into account uncommon drops, which I believe may not show how good some places are where the uncommon drops are particularly good (ex. capes and the morganite jewelery are incredibly good to sell, and are specific to certain areas)

So, I wanted to set out and create a loot guide that solved these problems, and also just calculated a bunch of different statistics both for my personal curiosity, and to really compare the different places on very small levels, depending on what a person may need when grinding. Someone who isn't looking to sell swipp items, for example, might not want to farm someplace where 70% of the profit comes from swipp items.

Q: How do you calculate AH values?

A: Well that's the million dollar question. Auction House values are CONSTANTLY fluctuating, so there's no way i'm going to be able to keep up with hundreds of items down to the eact treasure, however that's not really my goal.

For most items, I went to the AH at the time of data collection, looked at the lowest values (counting bulk prices), and then reduced that total by about 10% to get the total you see on the spreadsheet. I do the undercutting both to take into account the AH tax and to try and account for a potential drastic lowering in price due to people undercutting in the AH. So, in reality, you could actually probably make a lot more treasure than the values on the spreadsheet- but I wanted to be safe.

There are a few exceptions for this. The first was food. People don't buy food for the specific food items (save, of course, for swipp items), so for any non-swipp food items, I use a treasure per food point system. The values for this however I got using the same type of system as above.

The prices are as follows:

Meat, Seafood, and Insects: 23 per FP
Plants: 12 per FP

Next, might and acuity fragments that are worth more than Autoselling fluctuate so much just taking one example is not enough. For this, for about a week or so I took prices once/twice a day and averaged them out. I'm not gonna list all them here, but you'll see it on the spreadsheet. I recommend waiting on selling these till they are higher than the prices listed on the spreadsheet, as you can often find a single might fragment can shift 5k or more in price between days depending on availability.

Materials or Others that are not swipp items I list the AH price for their autosell price. This is because these items only have two uses- selling to crim or making baldwin goo. You are most likely going to have bulk of these items however, so selling them on the AH consistently is incredibly difficult and probably not worth it. I also do this for treasure only chest items. For chest items with treasure and items, I subtract the AH value of the items from the AH value of the chest for the AH value. Finally, I do not count gems.

I plan to update all of these totals once a month, the week right before festivals.

Q: What isn't counted on the spreadsheets?

A: I don't count unhatched eggs because you can get a good spread of them in each area, and they are just so rare that they would throw off the totals. I think I got one unhatched egg in the literal 22 hours of farming I put into the original spreadsheet.

I also do not count skin chest, mostly because I just can't get a decent consistent AH value for farmable skins, and because I have no idea what I would list the AS total as. They are just weird and confusing and also fairly consistent across all areas like the eggs are.

Q: What build do you use?

A: I use 3 dragons with all the same build:

129 Str/13 Vit/50 Qck
Shred/Eliminate/Rally/Sap
3 Berserkers
2 Ambushes

However, you probably don't need Rally or Sap unless you farm Rainsong Forest, Mire, Kelp Beds, and/or Golem Workshop.

Q: What happens when there is an update?

A: Depends on the type of update!

For certain mobs no longer dropping certain items, I just delete the item off the listing.
If certain mobs gain a new drop, i'm just going to continue doing runs, only now including the new items. This isn't a perfect solution, but it's not worth redoing all the runs just to include one new item.

For bigger updates, like new mobs, I will redo ALL of the runs if there are 5 or less runs. Any more and I'm just going to just add the new drops, since with enough runs it will slowly even out as certain items appear more and others appear less due to the change.

I will also be doing analysis's of big updates!

Q: How does festival currency play into area values?

A: As of this time of writing, usually festial currency is worth about 1000 treasure. So, what you want to do to figure out the best area to farm in is use Maki's Festival Coliseum guide here, divide the currency per hour by 2, multiply that by 1000, and add it to the area totals. The highest area total is the best place to farm!

Just because a place has a higher chance of currency does not make it the best place to farm- if you are making more treasure farming, you could buy the festival currency with the extra treasure you are making.

The only time this might not hold true is if the best place has very few skin chest drops. In that case, go with the 2nd or 3rd highest total that has good skin chest drops.

Q: Want to help?

A: While I want to keep the runs to only myself ...running them to try and keep reaction times and lag as consistent as possible, there are a few ways you can help!

The first is please let me know if AH values of anything have drastically changed. If there's a huge change, I want to have that recorded even if it's not around the time I would be checking.

Going off of that, during the week before the festival, if you want to help me look up AH totals, that would be greatly appreciated! You can just post the totals using the system I described above for calculating the AH value!

Finally, please let me know of any spelling or math errors on the sheet!

Thank you for your support :D

FAQ & MISC. INFORMATION

Q: Why did you make this/what does this offer that other guides don't?

A: I actually got inspired by Throatspiders guide here! But I always found it a bit lacking. The biggest problems I had with it were:

1. It was only based on one run, so luck was a huge factor
2. It isn't really updated, so many of the places have changed, either gotten better or worse
3. You aren't going to be auto selling familiars, swipp items, apparel, and some battle items generally.
4. It did not take into account uncommon drops, which I believe may not show how good some places are where the uncommon drops are particularly good (ex. capes and the morganite jewelery are incredibly good to sell, and are specific to certain areas)

So, I wanted to set out and create a loot guide that solved these problems, and also just calculated a bunch of different statistics both for my personal curiosity, and to really compare the different places on very small levels, depending on what a person may need when grinding. Someone who isn't looking to sell swipp items, for example, might not want to farm someplace where 70% of the profit comes from swipp items.

Q: How do you calculate AH values?

A: Well that's the million dollar question. Auction House values are CONSTANTLY fluctuating, so there's no way i'm going to be able to keep up with hundreds of items down to the eact treasure, however that's not really my goal.

For most items, I went to the AH at the time of data collection, looked at the lowest values (counting bulk prices), and then reduced that total by about 10% to get the total you see on the spreadsheet. I do the undercutting both to take into account the AH tax and to try and account for a potential drastic lowering in price due to people undercutting in the AH. So, in reality, you could actually probably make a lot more treasure than the values on the spreadsheet- but I wanted to be safe.

There are a few exceptions for this. The first was food. People don't buy food for the specific food items (save, of course, for swipp items), so for any non-swipp food items, I use a treasure per food point system. The values for this however I got using the same type of system as above.

The prices are as follows:

Meat, Seafood, and Insects: 23 per FP
Plants: 12 per FP

Next, might and acuity fragments that are worth more than Autoselling fluctuate so much just taking one example is not enough. For this, for about a week or so I took prices once/twice a day and averaged them out. I'm not gonna list all them here, but you'll see it on the spreadsheet. I recommend waiting on selling these till they are higher than the prices listed on the spreadsheet, as you can often find a single might fragment can shift 5k or more in price between days depending on availability.

Materials or Others that are not swipp items I list the AH price for their autosell price. This is because these items only have two uses- selling to crim or making baldwin goo. You are most likely going to have bulk of these items however, so selling them on the AH consistently is incredibly difficult and probably not worth it. I also do this for treasure only chest items. For chest items with treasure and items, I subtract the AH value of the items from the AH value of the chest for the AH value. Finally, I do not count gems.

I plan to update all of these totals once a month, the week right before festivals.

Q: What isn't counted on the spreadsheets?

A: I don't count unhatched eggs because you can get a good spread of them in each area, and they are just so rare that they would throw off the totals. I think I got one unhatched egg in the literal 22 hours of farming I put into the original spreadsheet.

I also do not count skin chest, mostly because I just can't get a decent consistent AH value for farmable skins, and because I have no idea what I would list the AS total as. They are just weird and confusing and also fairly consistent across all areas like the eggs are.

Q: What build do you use?

A: I use 3 dragons with all the same build:

129 Str/13 Vit/50 Qck
Shred/Eliminate/Rally/Sap
3 Berserkers
2 Ambushes

However, you probably don't need Rally or Sap unless you farm Rainsong Forest, Mire, Kelp Beds, and/or Golem Workshop.

Q: What happens when there is an update?

A: Depends on the type of update!

For certain mobs no longer dropping certain items, I just delete the item off the listing.
If certain mobs gain a new drop, i'm just going to continue doing runs, only now including the new items. This isn't a perfect solution, but it's not worth redoing all the runs just to include one new item.

For bigger updates, like new mobs, I will redo ALL of the runs if there are 5 or less runs. Any more and I'm just going to just add the new drops, since with enough runs it will slowly even out as certain items appear more and others appear less due to the change.

I will also be doing analysis's of big updates!

Q: How does festival currency play into area values?

A: As of this time of writing, usually festial currency is worth about 1000 treasure. So, what you want to do to figure out the best area to farm in is use Maki's Festival Coliseum guide here, divide the currency per hour by 2, multiply that by 1000, and add it to the area totals. The highest area total is the best place to farm!

Just because a place has a higher chance of currency does not make it the best place to farm- if you are making more treasure farming, you could buy the festival currency with the extra treasure you are making.

The only time this might not hold true is if the best place has very few skin chest drops. In that case, go with the 2nd or 3rd highest total that has good skin chest drops.

Q: Want to help?

A: While I want to keep the runs to only myself ...running them to try and keep reaction times and lag as consistent as possible, there are a few ways you can help!

The first is please let me know if AH values of anything have drastically changed. If there's a huge change, I want to have that recorded even if it's not around the time I would be checking.

Going off of that, during the week before the festival, if you want to help me look up AH totals, that would be greatly appreciated! You can just post the totals using the system I described above for calculating the AH value!

Finally, please let me know of any spelling or math errors on the sheet!

Thank you for your support :D

RANKINGS AND GRAPHS

Two things:
First: I will make a personalized ranking chart for you if you post your top 5 criteria for a coliseum venue
Second: Let me know what graphs you'd like to see!

Total AH Treasure (no 30k+ items included)
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 112,422
  2. Forgotten Cave: 107,236
  3. Sandswept Delta: 103,867
  4. Bamboo Falls: 100,571
  5. Harpy's Roost: 93,488
  6. Arena: 90,014
  7. Boreal Wood: 85,397
  8. Training Fields: 69,129
  9. Scorched Forest: 63,706
  10. Woodland Plains: 58,558
  11. Rainsong Forest: 55,187
  12. Golem Workshop: 50,782
  13. Mire: 48,828
  14. Kelp Beds: 33,484

Total AH Treasure (with 30k+ items)
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 159,413
  2. Forgotten Cave: 147,236
  3. Bamboo Falls: 124,305
  4. Sandswept Delta: 118,367
  5. Harpy's Roost: 103,488
  6. Boreal Wood: 96,480
  7. Arena: 90,014
  8. Scorched Forest: 75, 740
  9. Woodland Plains: 73,025
  10. Training Fields: 69,129
  11. Rainsong Forest: 66,004

Total AS Treasure
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 41,425
  2. Waterway: 38,012
  3. Arena: 37,677
  4. Boreal Wood: 35,199
  5. Rainsong Forest: 30,896
  6. Sandswept Delta: 29,547
  7. Bamboo Falls: 28,858
  8. Woodland Plains: 25,420
  9. Forgotten Cave: 24,555
  10. Mire: 20,683
  11. Scorched Forest: 18,035
  12. Training Fields: 17,268
  13. Kelp Beds: 16,794
  14. Golem Workshop: 9,605

Total Insect FP
Quote:
  1. Rainsong Forest: 364
  2. Arena: 276
  3. Training Fields: 271
  4. Scorched Forest: 264
  5. Sandswept Delta: 257
  6. Harpy's Roost: 240
  7. Mire: 163
  8. Forgotten Cave: 123
  9. Boreal Wood: 119
  10. Golem Workshop: 109
  11. Woodland Plains: 100
  12. Kelp Beds: 75
  13. Bamboo Falls: 74
  14. Waterway: 0

Total Meat FP
Quote:
  1. Boreal Wood: 398
  2. Harpy's Roost: 381
  3. Rainsong Forest: 356
  4. Arena: 316
  5. Bamboo Falls: 301
  6. Training Fields: 281
  7. Woodland Plains: 272
  8. Waterway: 264
  9. Sandswept Delta: 221
  10. Scorched Forest: 220
  11. Forgotten Cave: 162
  12. Golem Workshop: 138
  13. Mire: 114
  14. Kelp Beds: 55

Total Seafood FP
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 540
  2. Rainsong Forest: 370
  3. Kelp Beds: 311
  4. Harpy's Roost: 308
  5. Bamboo Falls: 287
  6. Forgotten Cave: 228
  7. Boreal Wood: 202
  8. Arena: 170
  9. Mire: 152
  10. Woodland Plains: 143
  11. Golem Workshop: 100
  12. Sandswept Delta: 99
  13. Training Fields: 90
  14. Scorched Forest: 55

Total Plant FP
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 454
  2. Bamboo Falls: 367
  3. Arena: 355
  4. Boreal Wood: 346
  5. Woodland Plains: 312
  6. Sandswept Delta: 290
  7. Waterway: 276
  8. Rainsong Forest: 273
  9. Forgotten Cave: 235
  10. Mire: 219
  11. Kelp Beds: 216
  12. Scorched Forest: 198
  13. Golem Workshop: 141
  14. Training Fields: 90

Total AS no Swipp Items
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 35,040
  2. Boreal Wood: 33,916
  3. Arena: 33,227
  4. Waterway: 32,785
  6. Sandswept Delta: 25,913
  7. Bamboo Falls: 25,731
  8. Woodland Plains: 23,504
  9. Forgotten Cave: 22,296
  10. Mire: 18,356
  11. Scorched Forest: 16,335
  12. Kelp Beds: 15,667
  13. Training Fields: 12,486
  14. Golem Workshop: 8,999

Total AH no Swipp Items
Quote:
  1. Forgotten Cave: 120,117
  2. Waterway: 107,532
  3. Harpy's Roost: 76,205
  4. Bamboo Falls: 73,708
  5. Sandswept Delta: 72,816
  6. Boreal Wood: 69,197
  7. Rainsong Forest: 66,004
  8. Woodland Plains: 64,753
  9. Arena: 60,414
  10. Scorched Forest: 51,748
  11. Training Fields: 36,787
  12. Mire: 36,368
  13. Kelp Beds: 27,124
  14. Golem Workshop: 15,782

Total AS no food Items
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 27,238
  2. Waterway: 26,967
  3. Arena: 26,505
  4. Boreal Wood: 24,645
  5. Sandswept Delta: 20,604
  6. Bamboo Falls: 18,823
  7. Forgotten Cave: 17,581
  8. Woodland Plains: 17,214
  9. Rainsong Forest: 16,845
  10. Mire: 13,607
  11. Training Fields: 10,867
  12. Scorched Forest: 10,425
  13. Kelp Beds: 9,696
  14. Golem Workshop: 5,274

Total AH no food Items
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 134,749
  2. Forgotten Cave: 127,577
  3. Sandswept Delta: 92,275
  4. Bamboo Falls: 75,291
  5. Boreal Wood: 72,878
  6. Harpy's Roost: 65,365
  7. Arena: 59,307
  8. Woodland Plains: 55,292
  9. Scorched Forest: 42,192
  10. Training Fields: 41,260
  11. Golem Workshop: 40,914
  12. Mire: 34,430
  13. Rainsong Forest: 34,295
  14. Kelp Beds: 18,479

Total AS food/material/other only
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 28,484
  2. Arena: 25,261
  3. Rainsong Forest: 25,063
  4. Boreal Wood: 23,591
  5. Waterway: 21,637
  6. Bamboo Falls: 19,678
  7. Sandswept Delta: 16,888
  8. Woodland Plains: 14,928
  9. Scorched Forest: 12,410
  10. Kelp Beds: 12,203
  11. Mire: 12,050
  12. Forgotten Cave: 11,580
  13. Training Fields: 10,465
  14. Golem Workshop: 8,422

Total AH food/material/other only
Quote:
  1. Bamboo Falls: 77,005
  2. Waterway: 72,097
  3. Sandswept Delta: 65,601
  4. Boreal Wood:62,097
  5. Arena: 59,880
  6. Harpy's Roost: 58,921
  7. Golem Workshop: 49,248
  8. Training Fields: 45,295
  9. Rainsong Forest: 42,721
  10. Scorched Forest: 41,298
  11. Forgotten Cave: 36,449
  12. Woodland Plains: 30,358
  13. Mire: 28,361
  14. Kelp Beds: 23,018

Total Swipp Items
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 156
  2. Arena: 132
  3. Waterway: 113
  4. Sandswept Delta: 112
  5. Training Fields: 109
  6. Bamboo Falls: 75
  7. Forgotten Cave: 71
  8. Scorched Forest: 71
  9. Mire: 45
  10. Woodland Plains: 35
  11. Boreal Woods: 28
  12. Kelp Beds: 24
  13. Golem Workshop: 11
  14. Rainsong Forest: 0

Total Familiars
Quote:
  1. Woodland Plains: 4
  2. Harpy's Roost: 3.67
  3. Arena: 3.67
  4. Boreal Wood: 3
  5. Sandswept Delta: 3
  6. Training Fields: 3
  7. Forgotten Cave: 2.67
  8. Waterway: 2.33
  9. Mire: 2
  10. Rainsong Forest: 2
  11. Bamboo Falls: 2
  12. Scorched Forest: 1.67
  13. Kelp Beds: 1.33
  14. Golem Workshop: .33

Total AS of Battle Items
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 6,950
  2. Sandswept Delta: 6,725
  3. Forgotten Cave: 6,691
  4. Bamboo Falls: 4,650
  5. Woodland Plains: 3,716
  6. Arena: 3,250
  7. Boreal Wood: 2,866
  8. Training Fields: 2,191
  9. Harpy's Roost: 1,766
  10. Mire: 1,700
  11. Scorched Forest: 1,616
  12. Rainsong Forest: 733
  13. Kelp Beds: 725
  14. Golem Workshop: 200

Total AH of Battle Items
Quote:
  1. Forgotten Cave: 35,870
  2. Waterway: 35,116
  3. Sandswept Delta: 30,600
  4. Bamboo Falls: 24,133
  5. Woodland Plains: 21,266
  6. Boreal Wood: 17,060
  7. Arena: 14,300
  8. Training Fields: 11,316
  9. Scorched Forest: 4,733
  10. Kelp Beds: 4,116
  11. Harpy's Roost: 2,933
  12. Mire: 2,350
  13. Rainsong Forest: 1,816

Total AS of Familiars
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 9,908
  2. Arena: 9,166
  3. Boreal Wood: 8,741
  4. Woodland Plains: 6,775
  5. Sandswept Delta: 5,933
  6. Waterway: 5,675
  7. Forgotten Cave: 5,600
  8. Mire: 5,600
  9. Rainsong Forest: 5,100
  10. Training Fields: 4,611
  11. Bamboo Falls: 4,530
  12. Kelp Beds: 3,866
  13. Scorched Forest: 3,133
  14. Golem Workshop: 983

Total AH of Familiars
Quote:
  1. Scorched Forest: 28,833
  2. Harpy's Roost: 23,300
  3. Bamboo Falls: 23,166
  4. Sandswept Delta: 22,166
  5. Rainsong Forest: 21,466
  6. Forgotten Cave: 21,250
  7. Woodland Plains: 21,400
  8. Boreal Wood: 17,333
  9. Waterway: 16,866
  10. Arena: 15,833
  11. Mire: 12,783
  12. Training Fields: 12,516
  13. Kelp Beds: 6,350
  14. Golem Workshop: 1,333
RANKINGS AND GRAPHS

Two things:
First: I will make a personalized ranking chart for you if you post your top 5 criteria for a coliseum venue
Second: Let me know what graphs you'd like to see!

Total AH Treasure (no 30k+ items included)
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 112,422
  2. Forgotten Cave: 107,236
  3. Sandswept Delta: 103,867
  4. Bamboo Falls: 100,571
  5. Harpy's Roost: 93,488
  6. Arena: 90,014
  7. Boreal Wood: 85,397
  8. Training Fields: 69,129
  9. Scorched Forest: 63,706
  10. Woodland Plains: 58,558
  11. Rainsong Forest: 55,187

Total AH Treasure (with 30k+ items)
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 159,413
  2. Forgotten Cave: 147,236
  3. Bamboo Falls: 124,305
  4. Sandswept Delta: 118,367
  5. Harpy's Roost: 103,488
  6. Boreal Wood: 96,480
  7. Arena: 90,014
  8. Scorched Forest: 75, 740
  9. Woodland Plains: 73,025
  10. Training Fields: 69,129
  11. Rainsong Forest: 66,004

Total AS Treasure
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 41,425
  2. Waterway: 38,012
  3. Arena: 37,677
  4. Boreal Wood: 35,199
  6. Sandswept Delta: 29,547
  7. Bamboo Falls: 28,858
  8. Woodland Plains: 25,420
  9. Forgotten Cave: 24,555
  10. Mire: 20,683
  11. Scorched Forest: 18,035
  12. Training Fields: 17,268
  13. Kelp Beds: 16,794
  14. Golem Workshop: 9,605

Total Insect FP
Quote:
  1. Rainsong Forest: 364
  2. Arena: 276
  3. Training Fields: 271
  4. Scorched Forest: 264
  5. Sandswept Delta: 257
  6. Harpy's Roost: 240
  7. Mire: 163
  8. Forgotten Cave: 123
  9. Boreal Wood: 119
  10. Golem Workshop: 109
  11. Woodland Plains: 100
  12. Kelp Beds: 75
  13. Bamboo Falls: 74
  14. Waterway: 0

Total Meat FP
Quote:
  1. Boreal Wood: 398
  2. Harpy's Roost: 381
  3. Rainsong Forest: 356
  4. Arena: 316
  5. Bamboo Falls: 301
  6. Training Fields: 281
  7. Woodland Plains: 272
  8. Waterway: 264
  9. Sandswept Delta: 221
  10. Scorched Forest: 220
  11. Forgotten Cave: 162
  12. Golem Workshop: 138
  13. Mire: 114
  14. Kelp Beds: 55

Total Seafood FP
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 540
  2. Rainsong Forest: 370
  3. Kelp Beds: 311
  4. Harpy's Roost: 308
  5. Bamboo Falls: 287
  6. Forgotten Cave: 228
  7. Boreal Wood: 202
  8. Arena: 170
  9. Mire: 152
  10. Woodland Plains: 143
  11. Golem Workshop: 100
  12. Sandswept Delta: 99
  13. Training Fields: 90
  14. Scorched Forest: 55

Total Plant FP
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 454
  2. Bamboo Falls: 367
  3. Arena: 355
  4. Boreal Wood: 346
  5. Woodland Plains: 312
  6. Sandswept Delta: 290
  7. Waterway: 276
  8. Rainsong Forest: 273
  9. Forgotten Cave: 235
  10. Mire: 219
  11. Kelp Beds: 216
  12. Scorched Forest: 198
  13. Golem Workshop: 141
  14. Training Fields: 90

Total AS no Swipp Items
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 35,040
  2. Boreal Wood: 33,916
  3. Arena: 33,227
  4. Waterway: 32,785
  6. Sandswept Delta: 25,913
  7. Bamboo Falls: 25,731
  8. Woodland Plains: 23,504
  9. Forgotten Cave: 22,296
  10. Mire: 18,356
  11. Scorched Forest: 16,335
  12. Kelp Beds: 15,667
  13. Training Fields: 12,486
  14. Golem Workshop: 8,999

Total AH no Swipp Items
Quote:
  1. Forgotten Cave: 120,117
  2. Waterway: 107,532
  3. Harpy's Roost: 76,205
  4. Bamboo Falls: 73,708
  5. Sandswept Delta: 72,816
  6. Boreal Wood: 69,197
  7. Rainsong Forest: 66,004
  8. Woodland Plains: 64,753
  9. Arena: 60,414
  10. Scorched Forest: 51,748
  11. Training Fields: 36,787
  12. Mire: 36,368
  13. Kelp Beds: 27,124
  14. Golem Workshop: 15,782

Total AS no food Items
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 27,238
  2. Waterway: 26,967
  3. Arena: 26,505
  4. Boreal Wood: 24,645
  5. Sandswept Delta: 20,604
  6. Bamboo Falls: 18,823
  7. Forgotten Cave: 17,581
  8. Woodland Plains: 17,214
  9. Rainsong Forest: 16,845
  10. Mire: 13,607
  11. Training Fields: 10,867
  12. Scorched Forest: 10,425
  13. Kelp Beds: 9,696
  14. Golem Workshop: 5,274

Total AH no food Items
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 134,749
  2. Forgotten Cave: 127,577
  3. Sandswept Delta: 92,275
  4. Bamboo Falls: 75,291
  5. Boreal Wood: 72,878
  6. Harpy's Roost: 65,365
  7. Arena: 59,307
  8. Woodland Plains: 55,292
  9. Scorched Forest: 42,192
  10. Training Fields: 41,260
  11. Golem Workshop: 40,914
  12. Mire: 34,430
  13. Rainsong Forest: 34,295
  14. Kelp Beds: 18,479

Total AS food/material/other only
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 28,484
  2. Arena: 25,261
  3. Rainsong Forest: 25,063
  4. Boreal Wood: 23,591
  5. Waterway: 21,637
  6. Bamboo Falls: 19,678
  7. Sandswept Delta: 16,888
  8. Woodland Plains: 14,928
  9. Scorched Forest: 12,410
  10. Kelp Beds: 12,203
  11. Mire: 12,050
  12. Forgotten Cave: 11,580
  13. Training Fields: 10,465
  14. Golem Workshop: 8,422

Total AH food/material/other only
Quote:
  1. Bamboo Falls: 77,005
  2. Waterway: 72,097
  3. Sandswept Delta: 65,601
  4. Boreal Wood:62,097
  5. Arena: 59,880
  6. Harpy's Roost: 58,921
  7. Golem Workshop: 49,248
  8. Training Fields: 45,295
  9. Rainsong Forest: 42,721
  10. Scorched Forest: 41,298
  11. Forgotten Cave: 36,449
  12. Woodland Plains: 30,358
  13. Mire: 28,361
  14. Kelp Beds: 23,018

Total Swipp Items
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 156
  2. Arena: 132
  3. Waterway: 113
  4. Sandswept Delta: 112
  5. Training Fields: 109
  6. Bamboo Falls: 75
  7. Forgotten Cave: 71
  8. Scorched Forest: 71
  9. Mire: 45
  10. Woodland Plains: 35
  11. Boreal Woods: 28
  12. Kelp Beds: 24
  13. Golem Workshop: 11
  14. Rainsong Forest: 0

Total Familiars
Quote:
  1. Woodland Plains: 4
  2. Harpy's Roost: 3.67
  3. Arena: 3.67
  4. Boreal Wood: 3
  5. Sandswept Delta: 3
  6. Training Fields: 3
  7. Forgotten Cave: 2.67
  8. Waterway: 2.33
  9. Mire: 2
  10. Rainsong Forest: 2
  11. Bamboo Falls: 2
  12. Scorched Forest: 1.67
  13. Kelp Beds: 1.33
  14. Golem Workshop: .33

Total AS of Battle Items
Quote:
  1. Waterway: 6,950
  2. Sandswept Delta: 6,725
  3. Forgotten Cave: 6,691
  4. Bamboo Falls: 4,650
  5. Woodland Plains: 3,716
  6. Arena: 3,250
  7. Boreal Wood: 2,866
  8. Training Fields: 2,191
  9. Harpy's Roost: 1,766
  10. Mire: 1,700
  11. Scorched Forest: 1,616
  12. Rainsong Forest: 733
  13. Kelp Beds: 725

Total AH of Battle Items
Quote:
  1. Forgotten Cave: 35,870
  2. Waterway: 35,116
  3. Sandswept Delta: 30,600
  4. Bamboo Falls: 24,133
  5. Woodland Plains: 21,266
  6. Boreal Wood: 17,060
  7. Arena: 14,300
  8. Training Fields: 11,316
  9. Scorched Forest: 4,733
  10. Kelp Beds: 4,116
  11. Harpy's Roost: 2,933
  12. Mire: 2,350
  13. Rainsong Forest: 1,816

Total AS of Familiars
Quote:
  1. Harpy's Roost: 9,908
  2. Arena: 9,166
  3. Boreal Wood: 8,741
  4. Woodland Plains: 6,775
  5. Sandswept Delta: 5,933
  6. Waterway: 5,675
  7. Forgotten Cave: 5,600
  8. Mire: 5,600
  9. Rainsong Forest: 5,100
  10. Training Fields: 4,611
  11. Bamboo Falls: 4,530
  12. Kelp Beds: 3,866
  13. Scorched Forest: 3,133
  14. Golem Workshop: 983

Total AH of Familiars
Quote:
  1. Scorched Forest: 28,833
  2. Harpy's Roost: 23,300
  3. Bamboo Falls: 23,166
  4. Sandswept Delta: 22,166
  5. Rainsong Forest: 21,466
  6. Forgotten Cave: 21,250
  7. Woodland Plains: 21,400
  8. Boreal Wood: 17,333
  9. Waterway: 16,866
  10. Arena: 15,833
  11. Mire: 12,783
  12. Training Fields: 12,516
  13. Kelp Beds: 6,350
  14. Golem Workshop: 1,333
EXPECTED RUNS TO ENCOUNTER FAMILIARS

Once I have all the non-boss (or miniboss) familiars in an area, I will list the odds of getting each familiar here and update them as I get more. For bosses, to be listed there have to be at least 35 familiars AND all the non-boss familiars in an area before I take them into account.
EXPECTED RUNS TO ENCOUNTER FAMILIARS

Once I have all the non-boss (or miniboss) familiars in an area, I will list the odds of getting each familiar here and update them as I get more. For bosses, to be listed there have to be at least 35 familiars AND all the non-boss familiars in an area before I take them into account.
ANALYSIS OF RELEVANT UPDATES

August 21st, 2015
Link here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1553153

This happened as I was gathering data so I actually had to redo the Scorched Forest runs, so I thought I'd talk about it since I have feelings on this update.

So, no one farms in Scorched Forest. I don't know why, but it seems to be one of the most unpopular places to farm, at least at the time of this writing. When I first did the runs of Scorched Forest, I was really excited because of how secretly good Scorched Forest was- because no one farmed there, the familiars were worth a lot, and the amount of insects you got was incredibly good for an early area.

Then this update happened and completely ruined Scorched Forest.

The Jackalopes take longer to kill than about half the mobs, which slows down the number of monsters encounted. Next, they don't drop anything really decent- they drop meat, the most common food source in the game, and their materials...and that's about it. Finally, this may have just been the luck of the draw, but they don't seem to have very good familiar drop rates, and even if they did, they aren't worth anywhere near what the centaurs and owlcats are worth.

So you have less battle items, less swipp items, less familiars, less insects, and less battles. Ouch.
ANALYSIS OF RELEVANT UPDATES

August 21st, 2015
Link here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1553153

This happened as I was gathering data so I actually had to redo the Scorched Forest runs, so I thought I'd talk about it since I have feelings on this update.

So, no one farms in Scorched Forest. I don't know why, but it seems to be one of the most unpopular places to farm, at least at the time of this writing. When I first did the runs of Scorched Forest, I was really excited because of how secretly good Scorched Forest was- because no one farmed there, the familiars were worth a lot, and the amount of insects you got was incredibly good for an early area.

Then this update happened and completely ruined Scorched Forest.

The Jackalopes take longer to kill than about half the mobs, which slows down the number of monsters encounted. Next, they don't drop anything really decent- they drop meat, the most common food source in the game, and their materials...and that's about it. Finally, this may have just been the luck of the draw, but they don't seem to have very good familiar drop rates, and even if they did, they aren't worth anywhere near what the centaurs and owlcats are worth.

So you have less battle items, less swipp items, less familiars, less insects, and less battles. Ouch.
AREA ANALYSES

Once I have 5 runs of an area, I'm going to do an analysis of it! From there i'll update the analysis about every 2 runs with any new information!
AREA ANALYSES

Once I have 5 runs of an area, I'm going to do an analysis of it! From there i'll update the analysis about every 2 runs with any new information!
Pinglist

General Pinglist(all of the below):
@KayDee

Updates to the Rankings only:

Updates to Update Analysis:

Updates to Area Analysis:

Updates to the FAQ:

Updates to the Familiar Expectations:

Pinglist

General Pinglist(all of the below):
@KayDee

Updates to the Rankings only:

Updates to Update Analysis:

Updates to Area Analysis:

Updates to the FAQ:

Updates to the Familiar Expectations:

RESERVED
RESERVED
@KayDee @UnbridledPassion

I'm only 2 weeks late from my original ETA! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy And the rankings aren't even done yet...
@KayDee @UnbridledPassion

I'm only 2 weeks late from my original ETA! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy And the rankings aren't even done yet...
@PageofHopes
Woo, I will most definitely be giving everything a once over when I have some spare time... right now it is time for the sleepy sleeps.
@PageofHopes
Woo, I will most definitely be giving everything a once over when I have some spare time... right now it is time for the sleepy sleeps.
1 2 3 4