Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Lore Clans (No longer updating)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[center][color=purple]@RagicanDodgery See, this is why I encourage people to correct me. ^^ I appreciate it. The main problem is that the sites I pull definitions from usually don't fully explain things, or have the wrong definition entirely. If you know some good resources I can look at to make further corrections, I'd also really appreciate the help there. Could you just clear up one small thing for me? [quote]Transfem are born fem, they are assigned [b]male[/b]. Transmasc are born masc, they are assigned [b]male[/b].[/quote] Is one of those meant to read female? I just want to make sure so that I don't continue to have that section incorrect.
@RagicanDodgery
See, this is why I encourage people to correct me. ^^ I appreciate it. The main problem is that the sites I pull definitions from usually don't fully explain things, or have the wrong definition entirely. If you know some good resources I can look at to make further corrections, I'd also really appreciate the help there.

Could you just clear up one small thing for me?
Quote:
Transfem are born fem, they are assigned male. Transmasc are born masc, they are assigned male.
Is one of those meant to read female? I just want to make sure so that I don't continue to have that section incorrect.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
@Demesne
Oops, transmasc should say assigned female, yes XD Off the top of my head I can't think of a good list but if I find one ill be sure to link you : P
@Demesne
Oops, transmasc should say assigned female, yes XD Off the top of my head I can't think of a good list but if I find one ill be sure to link you : P
they/them
@RagicanDodgery
Thank you so much. :3 Hopefully I made the right changes.
@RagicanDodgery
Thank you so much. :3 Hopefully I made the right changes.
Demesne, s before n || Avatar || Dragon Sales || CrimQuest || Coli Grinder

A cropped image of the Hall of Armor Scene. There is a long hall lined with sets of armor modeled after Coatl dragons on the left and Guardian dragons on the right. Sunlight streams in from windows on the left side.
This is so useful, I've been struggling to tie my lore together recently, gonna self-ping so I can take notes later.

@Agria

Thank you so much for writing this!
This is so useful, I've been struggling to tie my lore together recently, gonna self-ping so I can take notes later.

@Agria

Thank you so much for writing this!
Looks like a great guide! I'll have to come back and read more thoroughly later.
Looks like a great guide! I'll have to come back and read more thoroughly later.
vvTo3kO.png

syJrt1N.gif
@Enigmatic pinging myself so I don't lose it!
@Enigmatic pinging myself so I don't lose it!
@Jennalyn A ping to save the link!
@Jennalyn A ping to save the link!
Just pinging myself so I don't lose this ^-^'

@FabulousCatfish
Just pinging myself so I don't lose this ^-^'

@FabulousCatfish
@Nomster Pinging myself for future reference, this is a wonderful guide! ^^
@Nomster Pinging myself for future reference, this is a wonderful guide! ^^
Quote:
Create a Personality
"Personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Start out simple. Sometimes a name or an outfit can really help spark your creativity. Pick out some key words, and jot down something brief that you can expand on.
Quote:
Rukmini is a feisty blacksmith with a tongue as sharp as the weapons she forges. She likes to be alone, and doesn't like making friends with anyone.
Not bad, but really short. Let's spruce it up!
Quote:
Rukmini is a feisty metalworker with a tongue as sharp as the blades she's famous for. She treasure solitude, sitting alone in her workshop for hours on end. Making friends with her is difficult.
Hm, still short. Needs more fleshing out, and maybe some more actual story on her.
Quote:
Rukmini is a feisty metalworker with a tongue as sharp as the blades she's famous for. She treasures solitude, working alone in her sweltering workshop for hours on end. Dragons find it difficult to win the friendship of this elusive Mirror, but those who do know Rukmini find her presence enjoyable.
Remember, details and description make for an interesting dragon bio!

As an author who has been published, I just wanted to say that this is WRONG. All over, so much wrong. LONG does not equal GOOD. Purple prose is FROWNED UPON by anyone who knows anything about writing. The most effective stories and descriptions can be as short as a sentence or two. It does NOT have to be long or wordy to be good. In fact, the first example listed here- the 'wrong' one- is perfectly fine as it is. And better, in fact, then the run-on, purple prosey one that is 'correct'. My editor would have chewed me out but good for sending her that.
Quote:
Create a Personality
"Personality is an unbroken series of successful gestures." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Start out simple. Sometimes a name or an outfit can really help spark your creativity. Pick out some key words, and jot down something brief that you can expand on.
Quote:
Rukmini is a feisty blacksmith with a tongue as sharp as the weapons she forges. She likes to be alone, and doesn't like making friends with anyone.
Not bad, but really short. Let's spruce it up!
Quote:
Rukmini is a feisty metalworker with a tongue as sharp as the blades she's famous for. She treasure solitude, sitting alone in her workshop for hours on end. Making friends with her is difficult.
Hm, still short. Needs more fleshing out, and maybe some more actual story on her.
Quote:
Rukmini is a feisty metalworker with a tongue as sharp as the blades she's famous for. She treasures solitude, working alone in her sweltering workshop for hours on end. Dragons find it difficult to win the friendship of this elusive Mirror, but those who do know Rukmini find her presence enjoyable.
Remember, details and description make for an interesting dragon bio!

As an author who has been published, I just wanted to say that this is WRONG. All over, so much wrong. LONG does not equal GOOD. Purple prose is FROWNED UPON by anyone who knows anything about writing. The most effective stories and descriptions can be as short as a sentence or two. It does NOT have to be long or wordy to be good. In fact, the first example listed here- the 'wrong' one- is perfectly fine as it is. And better, in fact, then the run-on, purple prosey one that is 'correct'. My editor would have chewed me out but good for sending her that.
knhLXgs.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13