Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Clan Name Generator[V2 Arcane Out]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
@Crunchypuff
Of course! ^_^ Hopefully you all won't need to wait too long for it.
@Crunchypuff
Of course! ^_^ Hopefully you all won't need to wait too long for it.
@Avalas

I'd love to be on a pinglist! I'm excited for the generator!
@Avalas

I'd love to be on a pinglist! I'm excited for the generator!
@dragoncrystal
^^ Heh, you'll be helping me if you give it a quite spin anyway, in case there's any sneaky issues that pop up, or awkward affixes or whatnot that don't go with anything.

@TangleFeather
At the moment it's not doing fantastical - I've not many nouns so I keep having Star and whatnot pop up as the second option, I'll need to spend a day just digging for words for Arcane I think! =)

@Chloraphyll
I'm excited too! ^-^Trying to get functionality a-okay before I go crazy with the words - having a go at a clear button. I didn't think it would be quite so... annoying, I may throw that idea out just to feel like I've achieved something today haha! :3
@dragoncrystal
^^ Heh, you'll be helping me if you give it a quite spin anyway, in case there's any sneaky issues that pop up, or awkward affixes or whatnot that don't go with anything.

@TangleFeather
At the moment it's not doing fantastical - I've not many nouns so I keep having Star and whatnot pop up as the second option, I'll need to spend a day just digging for words for Arcane I think! =)

@Chloraphyll
I'm excited too! ^-^Trying to get functionality a-okay before I go crazy with the words - having a go at a clear button. I didn't think it would be quite so... annoying, I may throw that idea out just to feel like I've achieved something today haha! :3
@Avalas

Yeah, I'm no programmer, so I'm not sure how difficult this is, but I'd try to get the minimun amount of fuctions ready before adding other bits and bobs (if at all possible).
@Avalas

Yeah, I'm no programmer, so I'm not sure how difficult this is, but I'd try to get the minimun amount of fuctions ready before adding other bits and bobs (if at all possible).
@Chloraphyll
I'm no coder, either. I mean, I can code, but I think anyone who loves code would eat me alive due to the inefficiency of some of this. I'm just not advanced or knowledgeable enough to fix it just yet. Clear button is done now anyway, I always over-think things! ._.

I've got three buttons now that work. Adjectives + Nouns, Affixes + Nouns and Clear. I'll be slowly sifting through the words in the list to make sure there's none that are in the wrong category or could be placed into another. Just writing out the other 'syntax' of clan names. [Noun] [Determiner] [Noun] and so forth so I can work out which words are going where and to which array. Though I have broken the coding cardinal sin of having global variables/arrays but meh.

Of course I've also got the Affixes and Prefixes and stuff to do, along with maybe verbs or adverbs so, might take a while to go through the 'logical' route. But that's more English major than Computer Programming. XD
@Chloraphyll
I'm no coder, either. I mean, I can code, but I think anyone who loves code would eat me alive due to the inefficiency of some of this. I'm just not advanced or knowledgeable enough to fix it just yet. Clear button is done now anyway, I always over-think things! ._.

I've got three buttons now that work. Adjectives + Nouns, Affixes + Nouns and Clear. I'll be slowly sifting through the words in the list to make sure there's none that are in the wrong category or could be placed into another. Just writing out the other 'syntax' of clan names. [Noun] [Determiner] [Noun] and so forth so I can work out which words are going where and to which array. Though I have broken the coding cardinal sin of having global variables/arrays but meh.

Of course I've also got the Affixes and Prefixes and stuff to do, along with maybe verbs or adverbs so, might take a while to go through the 'logical' route. But that's more English major than Computer Programming. XD
For flight specific names perhaps include references to the subregions
So for earth you might have
--Shattered
--Plains
--Greatwoyrm
--Breach
--Cairnstone
--Rest
--Pillar

Nature might have:
--Everbloom
--Gardents
--Gladevein
--Shrieking
--Wilds
--Behemoth
For flight specific names perhaps include references to the subregions
So for earth you might have
--Shattered
--Plains
--Greatwoyrm
--Breach
--Cairnstone
--Rest
--Pillar

Nature might have:
--Everbloom
--Gardents
--Gladevein
--Shrieking
--Wilds
--Behemoth
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies

@Avalas

Cool!

@Avalas

Cool!
T3TuubO.png
@DragonSage
I was thinking about putting locations in, for example "Crystalspine Reaches"; but I never thought about splicing them for a less explicit reference to areas, but still having that link back to the flight. Thank you, I'll do just that! =)
-rushes off to the world map to harvest those names-

----
If anyone's curious on current progress; I'm looking for some free hosting (probably weebly or whatever freewebs is calling itself now), and I'll be starting to build the 'website' which will have the generators there for you to pick at your leisure - still tweaking the code and adding more 'layers' of possibilities but for now just adding in words and unless the whole thing breaks, it shouldn't take too long till the first 'test' of the whole thing is up.
@DragonSage
I was thinking about putting locations in, for example "Crystalspine Reaches"; but I never thought about splicing them for a less explicit reference to areas, but still having that link back to the flight. Thank you, I'll do just that! =)
-rushes off to the world map to harvest those names-

----
If anyone's curious on current progress; I'm looking for some free hosting (probably weebly or whatever freewebs is calling itself now), and I'll be starting to build the 'website' which will have the generators there for you to pick at your leisure - still tweaking the code and adding more 'layers' of possibilities but for now just adding in words and unless the whole thing breaks, it shouldn't take too long till the first 'test' of the whole thing is up.
@Avalas I'd love a ping when it's ready.
@Avalas I'd love a ping when it's ready.
@Cynictis
Will add you right away! ^-^
@Cynictis
Will add you right away! ^-^
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58