Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Encounter Project
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45 46
@nika - Cool, I'll remember not to skip recording till we reach about 10k for the big zones, then! I've been wanting to hop into Rainsong to finish up a level 24 trio, so I can add to that set when I go there even though it's above 5000.
@nika - Cool, I'll remember not to skip recording till we reach about 10k for the big zones, then! I've been wanting to hop into Rainsong to finish up a level 24 trio, so I can add to that set when I go there even though it's above 5000.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr Cool, thanks! Yeah, I'll definitely keep recording all of mine, although I don't do nearly as much grinding as you do. Should try a bit of Rainsong for the new apparel, hmm...
@Sylvandyr Cool, thanks! Yeah, I'll definitely keep recording all of mine, although I don't do nearly as much grinding as you do. Should try a bit of Rainsong for the new apparel, hmm...
@nika - I don't think I have access to the sheet, but I made one for Kelp Beds today.

Here it is.

I'm probably gonna add to it from time to time, same with the other venues. If you want me to keep my own stuff updated, I could do that. :)

(Psst... Look at the Maren Ambusher - Maren Warrior - Maren Ambusher pack. I
've encountered 7x as many bosses. Whoa.)
@nika - I don't think I have access to the sheet, but I made one for Kelp Beds today.

Here it is.

I'm probably gonna add to it from time to time, same with the other venues. If you want me to keep my own stuff updated, I could do that. :)

(Psst... Look at the Maren Ambusher - Maren Warrior - Maren Ambusher pack. I
've encountered 7x as many bosses. Whoa.)
@Sylvandyr I sent you an editing invite, but if you're keeping your own sheets, we can just set up an import from yours to the main one, same as I did with Drezdin's data. And looks like we don't have any old Kelp Beds data from you, so no room for confusion - good.

And huh, that's very weird! My data isn't nearly as extreme, but that pack is on the low side for me too.
@Sylvandyr I sent you an editing invite, but if you're keeping your own sheets, we can just set up an import from yours to the main one, same as I did with Drezdin's data. And looks like we don't have any old Kelp Beds data from you, so no room for confusion - good.

And huh, that's very weird! My data isn't nearly as extreme, but that pack is on the low side for me too.
@nika - I embarrassingly don't really know how the sheet imports work. I'm gonna be making new sheets and moving old data sets to the archives every time the venue changes, and I have different sheets for each venue. I sometimes also change the formats a lot... I assume this would be a problem and it would be easier to put things in manually?

If you have a lowdown of what we need to do for importing or can link me to a summary to read, I'd be very grateful. :P

[EDIT]: Ahh, I see what's going on in the main sheet, that's not too complicated as long as I don't move cells around.
@nika - I embarrassingly don't really know how the sheet imports work. I'm gonna be making new sheets and moving old data sets to the archives every time the venue changes, and I have different sheets for each venue. I sometimes also change the formats a lot... I assume this would be a problem and it would be easier to put things in manually?

If you have a lowdown of what we need to do for importing or can link me to a summary to read, I'd be very grateful. :P

[EDIT]: Ahh, I see what's going on in the main sheet, that's not too complicated as long as I don't move cells around.
@Sylvandyr I did your imports before I saw this comment - see the new column in the Enemy Pack table! Basically you just use that command and put in the sheet URL, tab name and position. I only figured it out for this project. :P

But if you're going to be moving things around too much, then maybe putting things in manually would be better. Well, I'll leave it to you as to whether you want to change the imports or put the data in manually when things change - I'm not sure what's going to turn out easier.

EDIT: ninja'd by your edit! :P Yeah, it's not too hard, just do whatever's easiest.
@Sylvandyr I did your imports before I saw this comment - see the new column in the Enemy Pack table! Basically you just use that command and put in the sheet URL, tab name and position. I only figured it out for this project. :P

But if you're going to be moving things around too much, then maybe putting things in manually would be better. Well, I'll leave it to you as to whether you want to change the imports or put the data in manually when things change - I'm not sure what's going to turn out easier.

EDIT: ninja'd by your edit! :P Yeah, it's not too hard, just do whatever's easiest.
@nika - Thanks! I'm assuming that we don't want old data sitting around anyway, so it's probably for the best that I need to update the references when I use a new sheet. That way, I won't have to remember if it's old data or new data and be scared about mixing it or anything. I'll keep my bit updated from now on. :)

The importing thing is nifty, I had no idea there was that option.

[EDIT]: If I'm reading the sheet right, we have over 5k Kelp Beds enemies now!
@nika - Thanks! I'm assuming that we don't want old data sitting around anyway, so it's probably for the best that I need to update the references when I use a new sheet. That way, I won't have to remember if it's old data or new data and be scared about mixing it or anything. I'll keep my bit updated from now on. :)

The importing thing is nifty, I had no idea there was that option.

[EDIT]: If I'm reading the sheet right, we have over 5k Kelp Beds enemies now!
@Sylvandyr Yep, we definitely don't want to keep outdated data around - I'll probably just manually wipe the whole tab every time a venue changes. Thanks! :)

And yeah, it's very nifty! I learned SO MUCH about spreadsheet tricks during this project.

EDIT: (lol so many edits) Yeah, we do! Nice.
@Sylvandyr Yep, we definitely don't want to keep outdated data around - I'll probably just manually wipe the whole tab every time a venue changes. Thanks! :)

And yeah, it's very nifty! I learned SO MUCH about spreadsheet tricks during this project.

EDIT: (lol so many edits) Yeah, we do! Nice.
@Drezdin You may want to update the Project Status post - we're now under 5,000 in only 4 venues instead of 7! Good job, us. :D
@Drezdin You may want to update the Project Status post - we're now under 5,000 in only 4 venues instead of 7! Good job, us. :D
@nika

Updating the Project with our new numbers!
@nika

Updating the Project with our new numbers!
B6CFWfS.pngSWGDvZl.pngColi Refactor Mass Opening!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45 46