Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 63 64
Concerning new coliseum questions that I have: Should I continue asking them here, or is there a better place to do so?
Concerning new coliseum questions that I have: Should I continue asking them here, or is there a better place to do so?
tumblr_inline_n5l9fw5kQh1scrvs1.pngT3mCp93.png
@Skysplash8

Help Forum is always a good option, there's a number of us regular helpers who can answer Coli questions ^ ^

As for Culex guide, yeah, the levelling portion is still solid but the lv25 builds and general info are varying levels of outdated since there's been multiple Coli updates since it was last updated. Sedona guide is more or less the same

Just in case you meant "finishing as this guide's Mire trainer" as getting to the stats without Tincturing - you can't, and you shouldn't. You can't reach the stats without a Tincture, and levelling a trio with smth close to those stats won't go well since it's min-maxed for Mire and doesn't really work outside that venue. Instead follow Culex/Sedona until you get the dragon to lv25, then Tincture and restat to the trainer build
@Skysplash8

Help Forum is always a good option, there's a number of us regular helpers who can answer Coli questions ^ ^

As for Culex guide, yeah, the levelling portion is still solid but the lv25 builds and general info are varying levels of outdated since there's been multiple Coli updates since it was last updated. Sedona guide is more or less the same

Just in case you meant "finishing as this guide's Mire trainer" as getting to the stats without Tincturing - you can't, and you shouldn't. You can't reach the stats without a Tincture, and levelling a trio with smth close to those stats won't go well since it's min-maxed for Mire and doesn't really work outside that venue. Instead follow Culex/Sedona until you get the dragon to lv25, then Tincture and restat to the trainer build
hWsjkHE.png
This is a little embarrassing, but I have some teams outfitted for Golem Workshop and Forbidden Portal, but I'm not sure how to use them? So I have a Water Mage with these stats: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553393162987765772/844320309863252029/unknown.png[/img] And an Earth and Nature brawler with these stats (swap out the elemental slashes) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553393162987765772/844320414364598302/unknown.png[/img] But I'm really not clear on how to use them. I'm not used to fighting with dragons that have such low speed. The original 133 Golem Workshop build that was floating around a few years ago mostly had a 129 STR + one or two 133 STR fighter, which doesn't really help me that much here? In the Portal, I use the mage to cast Haste on both brawlers, then scratch + eliminate everything. Before I can Elim, I scratch and scratch, and the mage uses Meditate. It's effective at killing monsters in 6 hits while sticking around almost indefinitely, but it feels slow and inefficient. Am I doing it right?
This is a little embarrassing, but I have some teams outfitted for Golem Workshop and Forbidden Portal, but I'm not sure how to use them?

So I have a Water Mage with these stats:
unknown.png

And an Earth and Nature brawler with these stats (swap out the elemental slashes)
unknown.png

But I'm really not clear on how to use them. I'm not used to fighting with dragons that have such low speed. The original 133 Golem Workshop build that was floating around a few years ago mostly had a 129 STR + one or two 133 STR fighter, which doesn't really help me that much here?

In the Portal, I use the mage to cast Haste on both brawlers, then scratch + eliminate everything. Before I can Elim, I scratch and scratch, and the mage uses Meditate. It's effective at killing monsters in 6 hits while sticking around almost indefinitely, but it feels slow and inefficient. Am I doing it right?
Anim-spiral.gifx lore clan
spiral fan
rp friendly
for sale
free tiny buttons
xcorgi with feather pen
@Aeranautics
If you click into the original resources/ the guide button at the top, the guide should give you instructions
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2573219

Edit: Forbidden Workshop should follow the build breath in traditional grinding, and scratch eliminating, Taking damage is alright as long as you have extra breath for sap, Grinding is slow and tedious anyways, the higher venues are difficult!
@Aeranautics
If you click into the original resources/ the guide button at the top, the guide should give you instructions
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2573219

Edit: Forbidden Workshop should follow the build breath in traditional grinding, and scratch eliminating, Taking damage is alright as long as you have extra breath for sap, Grinding is slow and tedious anyways, the higher venues are difficult!
theultimatecatsig.gif
+3 FR Time
> Sterling/Star
> Fine with any pronouns/neopronouns
> I simply vibe
^v^
FObX7rS.png
B5-ED1202-0321-4-CE0-91-F0-D299985-A6183.png
@Maki, thank you for the detailed builds! They're great.

For anybody who's better at this than I am, I have one question: how do you build breath back when you occasionally miss an Eliminate, if you're leveling two dragons with a single trainer? The explanations only set you up to get just enough breath to use eliminate, and then all your turns thereafter are rally/eliminate, with nothing that adds breath.

Until now, I've always trained one dragon with two trainers, which lets me use scratch/eliminate instead of rally/eliminate because I have enough turns to do that without getting hit. I can't do it with one trainer; not enough turns. So I'm basically doing fine till somebody dodges my eliminate, and then I'm back at square one, and likely to get hit a couple times before I can build my breath back up. And since I can't really get back the health I lost on those hits, for the same reason I can't build up breath, I seem to be slowly losing a war of attrition!

Thanks, to whoever can help me figure this out.
@Maki, thank you for the detailed builds! They're great.

For anybody who's better at this than I am, I have one question: how do you build breath back when you occasionally miss an Eliminate, if you're leveling two dragons with a single trainer? The explanations only set you up to get just enough breath to use eliminate, and then all your turns thereafter are rally/eliminate, with nothing that adds breath.

Until now, I've always trained one dragon with two trainers, which lets me use scratch/eliminate instead of rally/eliminate because I have enough turns to do that without getting hit. I can't do it with one trainer; not enough turns. So I'm basically doing fine till somebody dodges my eliminate, and then I'm back at square one, and likely to get hit a couple times before I can build my breath back up. And since I can't really get back the health I lost on those hits, for the same reason I can't build up breath, I seem to be slowly losing a war of attrition!

Thanks, to whoever can help me figure this out.
@VoyagerII
You can refresh or build breath up again! Using hastes/rallys build breath, so even if the haste extra turn is void, you get the breath. If your health is good, building breath back is the best choice. Scratch, haste and rally again. Those fodder dragons can take extra hits. Missing eliminates suck, but it’s not hopeless! Sap is good if you’re worried on health.
@VoyagerII
You can refresh or build breath up again! Using hastes/rallys build breath, so even if the haste extra turn is void, you get the breath. If your health is good, building breath back is the best choice. Scratch, haste and rally again. Those fodder dragons can take extra hits. Missing eliminates suck, but it’s not hopeless! Sap is good if you’re worried on health.
theultimatecatsig.gif
+3 FR Time
> Sterling/Star
> I simply vibe
^v^
FObX7rS.png
One more question, for anyone who knows the two-trainer Kelp Beds format well: it shows the first dragon with only one ambush instead of two. Is it actually important that they not have the second ambush? Or just that they don't really need it, but there's no harm in having it? The dragon I'm converting into the first of my kelp beds paid already has two ambushes (most of my leveled dragons do), and I'm trying to figure out whether I ought to put something over it. If I should, what do I put there instead? If it's okay to leave her with two, I will.

Thank you, all! Sorry for all the perplexion. ????
One more question, for anyone who knows the two-trainer Kelp Beds format well: it shows the first dragon with only one ambush instead of two. Is it actually important that they not have the second ambush? Or just that they don't really need it, but there's no harm in having it? The dragon I'm converting into the first of my kelp beds paid already has two ambushes (most of my leveled dragons do), and I'm trying to figure out whether I ought to put something over it. If I should, what do I put there instead? If it's okay to leave her with two, I will.

Thank you, all! Sorry for all the perplexion. ????
@VoyagerII

It’s up to your playstyle! Most people put discipline on their second slot.
Having two ambushes is alright, some people prefer that
@VoyagerII

It’s up to your playstyle! Most people put discipline on their second slot.
Having two ambushes is alright, some people prefer that
theultimatecatsig.gif
+3 FR Time
> Sterling/Star
> I simply vibe
^v^
FObX7rS.png
@VoyagerII

It is important if you want to follow the exact turn order; the second Ambush on the first dragon will add an extra turn that you don't actually need, making battles longer:
  1. Dragon 1: Rally Dragon 2
  2. [ Dragon 1: Scratch? ]
  3. Dragon 2: Rally Eliminate Monster 1
  4. Dragon 2: Rally Eliminate Monster 2
  5. Dragon 2: Rally Eliminate Monster 3
@VoyagerII

It is important if you want to follow the exact turn order; the second Ambush on the first dragon will add an extra turn that you don't actually need, making battles longer:
  1. Dragon 1: Rally Dragon 2
  2. [ Dragon 1: Scratch? ]
  3. Dragon 2: Rally Eliminate Monster 1
  4. Dragon 2: Rally Eliminate Monster 2
  5. Dragon 2: Rally Eliminate Monster 3
Thank you, @Maki! I understand better now. I guess I'll put a field manual over that second ambush or something. (Only use I've ever found for a field manual!)

If there's anything else you recommend more, please let me know what it is? Thanks very much!
Thank you, @Maki! I understand better now. I guess I'll put a field manual over that second ambush or something. (Only use I've ever found for a field manual!)

If there's anything else you recommend more, please let me know what it is? Thanks very much!
1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 63 64