Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Tool] Familiar Tracker
1 2 3
Hi guys! @heliel here with a pretty simple tracker! Not a lot of fancy graphics or coding here, and I know Ravenmoon has [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=1210013&page=1]a tracker[/url] (which is fantastic, btw!), but I wanted to go ahead and share mine. If you're looking for a tracker with a lot of very nice bells and whistles (equipped lists, full lists of retired/otherwise unavailable familiars, non-interactive coliseum list, even a bonding level list and a lot more!), I [i]highly[/i] recommend Ravenmoon's tracker over mine. Right now, it's really barebones - everything is text and it has a lot of simple formulas (I can't pretend I'm that much of a coder, honestly). I'm in the process of [s]making an image-heavy version, as well as [/s]looking into other methods to display things on the list page. [b]I've added a link to the image-style sheet! It features the same basic options as the imageless tracker, but has an updated, easier-to-read Venue page.[/b] Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions! [center][size=5][b]Imageless Tracker v0.3[/b][/size] [quote] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pPjsEeq5Xi7Niqlx5Rrg-CBhW2JQ8KhVG_tug295eMg/edit?usp=sharing [/quote] [size=5][b]Image-style Tracker v0.3[/b][/size] [quote]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RSvb8be021n7a7UrLjJ7K7ub2JWU3lKQoAGeH4n8UtM/edit?usp=sharing[/quote] [/center] [indent]Some notes: [LIST] [*]There's an introductory instruction page, which gives a handful of quick notes on how to use the guide. [*]You shouldn't have to adjust the Familiar List page at all - everything on that page is controlled by formulas [*]The Value page lists all of the familiars on the list, [b]but[/b] any familiar you can get in the Coliseum, in any venue, has a formula to display it. Originally, it was even more barebones in that it didn't have a venue page at all - and for me, I can remember what was available in venues. [*]If this is confusing, please let me know! I can adjust the Value page so it no longer shows the familiars from the Coliseum. [*]You are, of course, also free to just delete the formula in the Value page - it won't hurt any other formulas, but you'll also have to scroll through the entire list every time you want to update (which, when you're grinding the coliseum for hours, can be tedious and annoying, imo). [*]The Venue page has an alphabetical list of all the familiars available in the Coliseum, organised by what venue they're available in. [b]Familiars available in multiple venues are only listed once, in the first venue in which they appear.[/b] ALL familiars on this list should be recorded on this page, regardless of where you got them (marketplace, chest, coliseum, etc.). [*]Adding familiars to the list is a little bit tedious - you have to show the hidden sheet, first of all. You do this by clicking the little icon next to the + on the bottom left and selecting the hidden H-N sheet: [img]http://i.gyazo.com/8e8b066841e75aa109a307250514f1ce.png[/img] Then you add the data, add cells and data to the values page, potentially make a formula to link to the venue page, and add venue page data as needed. You'll also have to add cells to the familiar list page. Then, you'll need to select the last pair of cells (name and xtra) with data on the Familiar List, and use the arrow in the right corner to drag them down and insert all the proper coding to display everything properly. Finally, you'll probably want to select the entire sheet (for both the hidden sheet and the Values list) and click data->sort range, check the "data has header row" box, ensure the dropdown for sort by is on "Name", and click sort. After all of that, you can hide the list [/LIST][/indent] [quote][center][size=5][b]Changelog[/b][/size][/center] [LIST=1] [*]Added new familiars: Melprin, Roundhorn Melprin, Polarfreeze Defender [*]Adjusted cells to properly fit Yellow-Throated Sparrowmouse - whoops! [*]Changed display style for bonding on Familiar List (Icon version only) [*]For now, if the Values sheet's bonding level is changed, it will reflect on the Familiar List's background. Looking for a workaround without creating extra conditional rules. (Icon version only) [*]Centre aligned the "Xtra" display for neatness [/LIST] [/quote]
Hi guys! @heliel here with a pretty simple tracker! Not a lot of fancy graphics or coding here, and I know Ravenmoon has a tracker (which is fantastic, btw!), but I wanted to go ahead and share mine. If you're looking for a tracker with a lot of very nice bells and whistles (equipped lists, full lists of retired/otherwise unavailable familiars, non-interactive coliseum list, even a bonding level list and a lot more!), I highly recommend Ravenmoon's tracker over mine.

Right now, it's really barebones - everything is text and it has a lot of simple formulas (I can't pretend I'm that much of a coder, honestly). I'm in the process of making an image-heavy version, as well as looking into other methods to display things on the list page. I've added a link to the image-style sheet! It features the same basic options as the imageless tracker, but has an updated, easier-to-read Venue page. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions!
Some notes:
  • There's an introductory instruction page, which gives a handful of quick notes on how to use the guide.
  • You shouldn't have to adjust the Familiar List page at all - everything on that page is controlled by formulas
  • The Value page lists all of the familiars on the list, but any familiar you can get in the Coliseum, in any venue, has a formula to display it. Originally, it was even more barebones in that it didn't have a venue page at all - and for me, I can remember what was available in venues.
  • If this is confusing, please let me know! I can adjust the Value page so it no longer shows the familiars from the Coliseum.
  • You are, of course, also free to just delete the formula in the Value page - it won't hurt any other formulas, but you'll also have to scroll through the entire list every time you want to update (which, when you're grinding the coliseum for hours, can be tedious and annoying, imo).
  • The Venue page has an alphabetical list of all the familiars available in the Coliseum, organised by what venue they're available in. Familiars available in multiple venues are only listed once, in the first venue in which they appear. ALL familiars on this list should be recorded on this page, regardless of where you got them (marketplace, chest, coliseum, etc.).
  • Adding familiars to the list is a little bit tedious - you have to show the hidden sheet, first of all. You do this by clicking the little icon next to the + on the bottom left and selecting the hidden H-N sheet:
    8e8b066841e75aa109a307250514f1ce.png
    Then you add the data, add cells and data to the values page, potentially make a formula to link to the venue page, and add venue page data as needed. You'll also have to add cells to the familiar list page.
    Then, you'll need to select the last pair of cells (name and xtra) with data on the Familiar List, and use the arrow in the right corner to drag them down and insert all the proper coding to display everything properly.
    Finally, you'll probably want to select the entire sheet (for both the hidden sheet and the Values list) and click data->sort range, check the "data has header row" box, ensure the dropdown for sort by is on "Name", and click sort. After all of that, you can hide the list
Quote:
Changelog
  1. Added new familiars: Melprin, Roundhorn Melprin, Polarfreeze Defender
  2. Adjusted cells to properly fit Yellow-Throated Sparrowmouse - whoops!
  3. Changed display style for bonding on Familiar List (Icon version only)
  4. For now, if the Values sheet's bonding level is changed, it will reflect on the Familiar List's background. Looking for a workaround without creating extra conditional rules. (Icon version only)
  5. Centre aligned the "Xtra" display for neatness
Just in case c:
Just in case c:
@heliel this is actually really neat! I might start using this actually. Great work c:
@heliel this is actually really neat! I might start using this actually. Great work c:
hatchery_banner_fix.png
@quantumdot I'm glad you think so! Hopefully it'll be of use to you c: I've also updated the main post with a link to the first version of the image-heavy style, if you're interested!
@quantumdot I'm glad you think so! Hopefully it'll be of use to you c: I've also updated the main post with a link to the first version of the image-heavy style, if you're interested!
@tehutiy
@tehutiy
8_by_tehutiy-d85sai6.pngtumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o3_r1_400.gifdGaUzUm.png
@heliel I definitely like the icon-based tracker! Ravenmoon's is excellent, but I like something simple just so I don't have to trudge through the bestiary.

This is something I never knew I needed but is definitely a super-useful tool! Thank you!
@heliel I definitely like the icon-based tracker! Ravenmoon's is excellent, but I like something simple just so I don't have to trudge through the bestiary.

This is something I never knew I needed but is definitely a super-useful tool! Thank you!
hatchery_banner_fix.png
@quantumdot
o7 You're super welcome! The best things to be able to make are things people can use, imo, haha
@quantumdot
o7 You're super welcome! The best things to be able to make are things people can use, imo, haha
Updated the toplinks to v0.2 for both versions, and added a changelog to the main post. Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions!

ETA: Made a minor adjustment - I wasn't paying enough attention and actually forgot to add Tolerant to the bonding levels. Should be fixed on both sheets!
Updated the toplinks to v0.2 for both versions, and added a changelog to the main post. Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions!

ETA: Made a minor adjustment - I wasn't paying enough attention and actually forgot to add Tolerant to the bonding levels. Should be fixed on both sheets!
@heliel
This is wonderful!
@heliel
This is wonderful!
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
@RoyalPrince - whoops! Super late saying so, but I'm glad you enjoy it!

Additionally, v 0.3 is out! Changelog is up top, and all three of the new familiars have been added!

ETA: Whoops, noticed a couple of code muckups. Those are fixed and should be displaying properly now!
@RoyalPrince - whoops! Super late saying so, but I'm glad you enjoy it!

Additionally, v 0.3 is out! Changelog is up top, and all three of the new familiars have been added!

ETA: Whoops, noticed a couple of code muckups. Those are fixed and should be displaying properly now!
1 2 3