Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Flight Population Tracking
1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 137 138
I love helping with these surveys! And I love seeing the results too [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
I love helping with these surveys! And I love seeing the results too
windmill toy
Have a good day!
... Boreas coat of arms
So I am totally late to the user survey party...

I'm not joining it, I just have a comment since I'm not sure how you're handling the new "total forum posts" data :)
I joined FR just before the 1-year anniversary, and was pretty active in the forums for two years maybe before leaving. (I still stop by a couple times a year, but I'm nowhere near as active; < 10 posts a year I'd say)

So it's not a great metric by itself, but maybe averaging over the age of the account will help?
So I am totally late to the user survey party...

I'm not joining it, I just have a comment since I'm not sure how you're handling the new "total forum posts" data :)
I joined FR just before the 1-year anniversary, and was pretty active in the forums for two years maybe before leaving. (I still stop by a couple times a year, but I'm nowhere near as active; < 10 posts a year I'd say)

So it's not a great metric by itself, but maybe averaging over the age of the account will help?
Rule #1:
There are always exceptions to the rules.

KnCHVU9.png
J9uDXUp.png

//
tumblr_inline_ny1gxqcPe11qmzhvw_540.png
//

I never saw my shadow till I saw the light
now I need more light to drown it out
-Massivivid
Can you add me to the pinglist please? Data like this is super fascinating to follow, thank you for the thread!
Can you add me to the pinglist please? Data like this is super fascinating to follow, thank you for the thread!
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png
iiiiiiiii
bitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
TTxEpjT.gif
I’d love to be added to the pinglist!
I’d love to be added to the pinglist!
zSKdav4.png
If you could add me to the pinglist, that would be wonderful thank you!
If you could add me to the pinglist, that would be wonderful thank you!
Silence echoes off of the ice, chilling the bones of all who travel here. And yet... Something feels comforting about it.
icefull2.png
Banner made by: osiem
This, Is, Awesome! Ping list?
This, Is, Awesome! Ping list?
Could I please be added to the pinglist?
Could I please be added to the pinglist?
AVZ6y.gif fffDx.gif SOXDx.gif Fe3Qb.gif diDtV.gif
May I please be added to the pinglist?

Thank you
May I please be added to the pinglist?

Thank you
[center][b]New Year 2020 Mega-Update[/b][/center] You know how sometimes someone you don't really talk to that often texts you to ask you a question and you think "oh I'll respond to that later" and you keep putting it off until suddenly "it's too late I can't respond because it'll make me seem weird so I can just never text them again." Well anyway that was my relationship with this thread for the last 4 months ghskdjfkdjk I'm going to try sticking to a monthly update schedule and see if that is something i can Possibly keep up with. [b]Last few months' change[/b] Rather than posting a million months of updates, I've updated the quarterly chart as follows: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/498845335439802368/665965677592576038/unknown.png[/img] The average growth per week between now and last August is as follows: Shadow: 193.29 Arcane: 176.17 Plague: 151.88 Nature: 111.06 Lightning: 109.12 Ice: 98.06 Light: 98 Wind: 96.18 Fire: 73.53 Water: 70.71 Earth: 53.65 As you can see, this is actually Quite different from the actual flight sizes. Nature is growing surprisingly fast, and Wind surprisingly slow. Overall though, many of the flights are growing at quite similar rates (Wind - Nature) are all within 20 users of each other. Overall, there hasn't been any move towards any flight changing in proportion to the others during this time. We did pass over 500k users! The current total sizes are: Big Flights: Shadow-72813 Arcane-66662 Plague-52734 Mid-Sized Flights: Wind-49480 Lightning-47503 Ice-46336 Nature-45771 Light-43362 Small Flights: Water-31833 Fire-28812 Earth-15039 [b]What ever happened to that survey of users?[/b] Well I made it about 5k into checking randomly generated account numbers before getting tired and doing other things. Here's what the results say (although very small sample size so take it with a grain of salt): Estimated Flight Sizes: Active defined as having any dragons that have been fed at All. Forum Active defined as having ever made more than 10 forum posts. Big Flights: Arcane - Active: 9779 (15.52%), Forum Active: 4672 (7.41%) Shadow - Active: 8112 (11.77%), Forum Active: 3055 (4.43%) Mid-Sized Flights: Light - Active: 7097 (17.15%), Forum Active: 3603 (8.71%) Ice - Active: 6429 (14.53%), Forum Active: 3214 (7.26%) Wind - Active: 5992 (12.61%), Forum Active: 2288 (4.82%) Lightning - Active: 5690 (12.57%), Forum Active: 2133 (4.71%) Plague - Active: 5605 (11.28%), Forum Active: 2308 (4.65%) Nature - Active: 4708 (10.84%), Forum Active: 2119 (4.88%) Small Flights: Water - Active: 3230 (10.63%), Forum Active: 1312 (4.32%) Earth - Active: 2821 (20.31%), Forum Active: 1302 (9.38%) Fire - Active: 2323 (8.54%), Forum Active: 885 (3.25%) While the sample size is small, so the details are likely off, a lot of this information Does support everything else we've seen watching the populations for the last almost-6 years. I think it is pretty safe to say that the active and community active populations do not Necessarily correlate to the total ones. For example, Earth very likely has more active users than Fire, despite the sizes. Which checks out just based on their representation in the community and the quantity of people who vacation there. Our previous growth data and other surveys also support that ice and light (due to the eyes) have much larger active userbases than you would expect. Some graphs: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/498845335439802368/665974145095565332/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/498845335439802368/665974289064919071/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/498845335439802368/665974480753131590/unknown.png[/img] Another thing that is also quite clear is that about 50% or more of the active FR community has Never made a forum post. That means that most players out there are casual ones who likely don't participate in the community! Some may participate offsite, but most are probably lurking or content to just mind their own business. Long-term player retention seems to be around 8-12% (users who stay active on the site). [b]New Year 2020[/b] This has been fun to do every year, so let's see how I did with my guesses about the flight populations. We did grow much less quickly this year than last, so I don't know if my estimated 10% decrease was enough. Last Year's Card: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/498845335439802368/541678623136940057/unknown.png[/img] The 2018 & 2017 Cards for Good Measure: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/352241800141996032/397079969353695253/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/6c866b92be48c95277f1c88d84544fad/tumblr_oj4aplOuke1tes27xo1_1280.png[/img] So.... let's see how I did: Earth - Estimate was UNDER by 70 Fire - Estimate was OVER by 744 Water - Estimate was OVER by 1310 Light - Estimate was OVER by 858 Nature - Estimate was OVER by 1363 Ice - Estimate was OVER by 1488 Lightning - Estimate was OVER by 1455 Wind - Estimate was OVER by 1531 Plague - Estimate was OVER by 1669 Arcane - Estimate was OVER by 2100 Shadow - Estimate was OVER by 3118 So it looks like I was rather a bit over (except for Earth, which grew even faster than I expected!) Now for my estimates for next year! I'm going to guess a 13% decrease in growth since that's what it was this year more or less. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/498845335439802368/665982141812703234/unknown.png[/img] Last year I guessed Nature would pass Ice at some point in 2021 - but I'm now going to move that back to possibly closer to 2022. No other size changes are expected though. Anyway that's all I've got for now o/ @Caerbannog @Kitari @StrykeSlammerII @interestingword @Thalasuchus @Beladonna @Amarra @SadinaSaphrite @deterwhat @Fudge @Ravenmoon @Rannera @Foxofwonders @Fulcrum @Steffon @Orbitz @AcidStar @Pyrus @Lapillus @Xanthelei @Riley92 @FelGS @Minnichan @luadep @Phoenixfyre @Dainty @Keeroh @CapnKyrie @Kyrtian @Slyjinks @Parsley @CaptainCrackers @snowy @AriaBellaGato @Cathat @TikindiDragon @vetica @Mountainfall @lisasunny @Safirien @Valemora @skyarising @Agberts @Cuppycakez @Zenna @ChronicleCat @SilverLanayru @PrinceRaven @haikwoshevo @Fabtastic @Marmol @Wyverra @Sonicookie @Chinapiggy @russmond @Puns @TyraStark @blueparakeets @Asteria @MissMokushiroku @Blacktide2014 @Lefuulei @AmmieKatt @maralice13 @Asviloka @Final1204 @Cousin @Bluesnow26 @Inukimi @RainbowWolfy @Competitor @BloodLugia @eunkiel @arcticburrito @ZombieMoon @Caustica @Chantaey @PitchPines @Kalvin @SporkLord @WestWindWalker @Erato @Vaze @DyRyuu @Kirsui @lordofthedragons @mccoco2467 @KiwiSavagely @Acacia @ricci @ExoticBacoe @Minona @feming @turing @Willowfire @Jaxton @NightFuryScream @linguistic @Cavatica @kragar @CakeOn @Spazz @ScienceGal8 @edenprimes @izz @KathiraNarae @Swmachoodoo @tamka @Thoracosaurus @BlackHawk2000 @Sylkaen @Verwald @Ralen @TokalaLupe @HollyBerry @Aureate @gemino @GhostQueen13 @WynterDragen @Skylinne @Lilykittens @EXPLODINGLAZER @JadePower @Peegeray @Kamme @idlewildly @temperama @StitchedinIce @MightyNinja11 @cuddlekits @Xemseige @Frailty @DJFeather @Sorikia @Coyoteclaw11 @Jensy @BatCrooks @Cutestuff @Officer @CosyAlligator @NomasaurusRex @chromehorse @qwigoqwaga @AshesToRain @kas62000 @Yellowbelt99 @AzraMajere @Snipe @TeenyTinyDragon @IgnisFlamel @Klawzor @catchingadri @polefish @BabyMelon @OrchidSprig @QiEclipse @Dragonley @Percifrax @MortimerMironov @Eulerian @Laser16 @XxRQYTxX @TrainsDoNot @JasmineBlooms @Havic @julietofmayfair @terabyte @Beliar @Skejter @Parda @Airaly @BianchaJo @snugglebug @Synner @Opal99 @Cryptnoch @ScarletTheDragon @SleepyAnnie @SapphireMoon @oramutato @PlatinumDream @SpookyClockwork @Joyday05 @PurpleHibiscus @Starrlight @Soaringwingull @c33213 @gizamimi @LaAstaria @CalicoMainecoon @depinvenom @LadyJLayne @sacredpools @MageFeather @Steeil @FraidyCat @SariStar @Jetfeather @Kapara @Finnianheart @Adeya @morpheme @Moavi @Starglade @NessaTaralom @winterbright @RenatoUlbov @Kellaco @EasyV @violalore @Dawnsky23 @Nepkitty @Xeyla @Romi @Sophitia @xCrimsonCatx @bxsmxth @Afazeria @Kwisten @Omemega @annathequeen @Novalore @16Kevin16 @Sarihya @chescab @rluie @MoonlitCacti @Boneless @Corycia @CosmicGelatin @Vulpess @RuinofDarkness @crombinatorrjr @WintryStorm @Korpinsiipi @SanctifiedSavage @Stellatrix13 @HopeBagels @NoctisNix @olivirgo @Madolche @Tryvyal @Pachirisu @Nezumi @TwilightStars @WillowFleur124 @willowlight7 @akolit @Oakhearted @MuffinPaws @ribbonz @HeadlessKing @GingerPuff @midoriyasour @beepboopitsme @graybird @SandBoa @RAV3N @Lunalatic @andersbegabt @lunusdragoness @Roccoco @Shoppe @Keary @Dieter @KairinRose @KrazKitCat @Lietra @DuskySkyes @PijukVonGacy @Cottony5 @Chuul @narkov @Liona @KixsusKat @dallonweekes @Casethrace @icetail0912 @minervamaga @Xesei @CharlieNovak @MLPMDog @LiquidCake @BunnySox
New Year 2020 Mega-Update

You know how sometimes someone you don't really talk to that often texts you to ask you a question and you think "oh I'll respond to that later" and you keep putting it off until suddenly "it's too late I can't respond because it'll make me seem weird so I can just never text them again."

Well anyway that was my relationship with this thread for the last 4 months ghskdjfkdjk

I'm going to try sticking to a monthly update schedule and see if that is something i can Possibly keep up with.

Last few months' change

Rather than posting a million months of updates, I've updated the quarterly chart as follows:

unknown.png

The average growth per week between now and last August is as follows:

Shadow: 193.29
Arcane: 176.17
Plague: 151.88
Nature: 111.06
Lightning: 109.12
Ice: 98.06
Light: 98
Wind: 96.18
Fire: 73.53
Water: 70.71
Earth: 53.65

As you can see, this is actually Quite different from the actual flight sizes. Nature is growing surprisingly fast, and Wind surprisingly slow. Overall though, many of the flights are growing at quite similar rates (Wind - Nature) are all within 20 users of each other.

Overall, there hasn't been any move towards any flight changing in proportion to the others during this time. We did pass over 500k users!

The current total sizes are:

Big Flights:
Shadow-72813
Arcane-66662
Plague-52734

Mid-Sized Flights:
Wind-49480
Lightning-47503
Ice-46336
Nature-45771
Light-43362

Small Flights:
Water-31833
Fire-28812
Earth-15039

What ever happened to that survey of users?

Well I made it about 5k into checking randomly generated account numbers before getting tired and doing other things. Here's what the results say (although very small sample size so take it with a grain of salt):

Estimated Flight Sizes:

Active defined as having any dragons that have been fed at All. Forum Active defined as having ever made more than 10 forum posts.

Big Flights:
Arcane - Active: 9779 (15.52%), Forum Active: 4672 (7.41%)
Shadow - Active: 8112 (11.77%), Forum Active: 3055 (4.43%)

Mid-Sized Flights:
Light - Active: 7097 (17.15%), Forum Active: 3603 (8.71%)
Ice - Active: 6429 (14.53%), Forum Active: 3214 (7.26%)

Wind - Active: 5992 (12.61%), Forum Active: 2288 (4.82%)
Lightning - Active: 5690 (12.57%), Forum Active: 2133 (4.71%)
Plague - Active: 5605 (11.28%), Forum Active: 2308 (4.65%)
Nature - Active: 4708 (10.84%), Forum Active: 2119 (4.88%)

Small Flights:
Water - Active: 3230 (10.63%), Forum Active: 1312 (4.32%)
Earth - Active: 2821 (20.31%), Forum Active: 1302 (9.38%)
Fire - Active: 2323 (8.54%), Forum Active: 885 (3.25%)

While the sample size is small, so the details are likely off, a lot of this information Does support everything else we've seen watching the populations for the last almost-6 years.

I think it is pretty safe to say that the active and community active populations do not Necessarily correlate to the total ones. For example, Earth very likely has more active users than Fire, despite the sizes. Which checks out just based on their representation in the community and the quantity of people who vacation there.

Our previous growth data and other surveys also support that ice and light (due to the eyes) have much larger active userbases than you would expect.

Some graphs:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Another thing that is also quite clear is that about 50% or more of the active FR community has Never made a forum post. That means that most players out there are casual ones who likely don't participate in the community! Some may participate offsite, but most are probably lurking or content to just mind their own business.

Long-term player retention seems to be around 8-12% (users who stay active on the site).

New Year 2020

This has been fun to do every year, so let's see how I did with my guesses about the flight populations. We did grow much less quickly this year than last, so I don't know if my estimated 10% decrease was enough.

Last Year's Card:

unknown.png

The 2018 & 2017 Cards for Good Measure:

unknown.png

tumblr_oj4aplOuke1tes27xo1_1280.png

So.... let's see how I did:

Earth - Estimate was UNDER by 70
Fire - Estimate was OVER by 744
Water - Estimate was OVER by 1310
Light - Estimate was OVER by 858
Nature - Estimate was OVER by 1363
Ice - Estimate was OVER by 1488
Lightning - Estimate was OVER by 1455
Wind - Estimate was OVER by 1531
Plague - Estimate was OVER by 1669
Arcane - Estimate was OVER by 2100
Shadow - Estimate was OVER by 3118

So it looks like I was rather a bit over (except for Earth, which grew even faster than I expected!)

Now for my estimates for next year! I'm going to guess a 13% decrease in growth since that's what it was this year more or less.

unknown.png

Last year I guessed Nature would pass Ice at some point in 2021 - but I'm now going to move that back to possibly closer to 2022. No other size changes are expected though.

Anyway that's all I've got for now o/

@Caerbannog @Kitari @StrykeSlammerII @interestingword @Thalasuchus @Beladonna @Amarra @SadinaSaphrite @deterwhat @Fudge @Ravenmoon @Rannera @Foxofwonders @Fulcrum @Steffon @Orbitz @AcidStar @Pyrus @Lapillus @Xanthelei @Riley92 @FelGS @Minnichan @luadep @Phoenixfyre @Dainty @Keeroh @CapnKyrie @Kyrtian @Slyjinks @Parsley @CaptainCrackers @snowy @AriaBellaGato @Cathat @TikindiDragon @vetica @Mountainfall @lisasunny @Safirien @Valemora @skyarising @Agberts @Cuppycakez @Zenna @ChronicleCat @SilverLanayru @PrinceRaven @haikwoshevo @Fabtastic @Marmol @Wyverra @Sonicookie @Chinapiggy @russmond @Puns @TyraStark @blueparakeets @Asteria @MissMokushiroku @Blacktide2014 @Lefuulei @AmmieKatt @maralice13 @Asviloka @Final1204 @Cousin @Bluesnow26 @Inukimi @RainbowWolfy @Competitor @BloodLugia @eunkiel @arcticburrito @ZombieMoon @Caustica @Chantaey @PitchPines @Kalvin @SporkLord @WestWindWalker @Erato @Vaze @DyRyuu @Kirsui @lordofthedragons @mccoco2467 @KiwiSavagely @Acacia @ricci @ExoticBacoe @Minona @feming @turing @Willowfire @Jaxton @NightFuryScream @linguistic @Cavatica @kragar @CakeOn @Spazz @ScienceGal8 @edenprimes @izz @KathiraNarae @Swmachoodoo @tamka @Thoracosaurus @BlackHawk2000 @Sylkaen @Verwald @Ralen @TokalaLupe @HollyBerry @Aureate @gemino @GhostQueen13 @WynterDragen @Skylinne @Lilykittens @EXPLODINGLAZER @JadePower @Peegeray @Kamme @idlewildly @temperama @StitchedinIce @MightyNinja11 @cuddlekits @Xemseige @Frailty @DJFeather @Sorikia @Coyoteclaw11 @Jensy @BatCrooks @Cutestuff @Officer @CosyAlligator @NomasaurusRex @chromehorse @qwigoqwaga @AshesToRain @kas62000 @Yellowbelt99 @AzraMajere @Snipe @TeenyTinyDragon @IgnisFlamel @Klawzor @catchingadri @polefish @BabyMelon @OrchidSprig @QiEclipse @Dragonley @Percifrax @MortimerMironov @Eulerian @Laser16 @XxRQYTxX @TrainsDoNot @JasmineBlooms @Havic @julietofmayfair @terabyte @Beliar @Skejter @Parda @Airaly @BianchaJo @snugglebug @Synner @Opal99 @Cryptnoch @ScarletTheDragon @SleepyAnnie @SapphireMoon @oramutato @PlatinumDream @SpookyClockwork @Joyday05 @PurpleHibiscus @Starrlight @Soaringwingull @c33213 @gizamimi @LaAstaria @CalicoMainecoon @depinvenom @LadyJLayne @sacredpools @MageFeather @Steeil @FraidyCat @SariStar @Jetfeather @Kapara @Finnianheart @Adeya @morpheme @Moavi @Starglade @NessaTaralom @winterbright @RenatoUlbov @Kellaco @EasyV @violalore @Dawnsky23 @Nepkitty @Xeyla @Romi @Sophitia @xCrimsonCatx @bxsmxth @Afazeria @Kwisten @Omemega @annathequeen @Novalore @16Kevin16 @Sarihya @chescab @rluie @MoonlitCacti @Boneless @Corycia @CosmicGelatin @Vulpess @RuinofDarkness @crombinatorrjr @WintryStorm @Korpinsiipi @SanctifiedSavage @Stellatrix13 @HopeBagels @NoctisNix @olivirgo @Madolche @Tryvyal @Pachirisu @Nezumi @TwilightStars @WillowFleur124 @willowlight7 @akolit @Oakhearted @MuffinPaws @ribbonz @HeadlessKing @GingerPuff @midoriyasour @beepboopitsme @graybird @SandBoa @RAV3N @Lunalatic @andersbegabt @lunusdragoness @Roccoco @Shoppe @Keary @Dieter @KairinRose @KrazKitCat @Lietra @DuskySkyes @PijukVonGacy @Cottony5 @Chuul @narkov @Liona @KixsusKat @dallonweekes @Casethrace @icetail0912 @minervamaga @Xesei @CharlieNovak @MLPMDog @LiquidCake @BunnySox
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Thank you for this ^^ it seems my assumptions were right that my Arcane flight is a bit more active than others, at least in th forums seems to be a lot of people, i'm so glad ahahah
Thank you for this ^^ it seems my assumptions were right that my Arcane flight is a bit more active than others, at least in th forums seems to be a lot of people, i'm so glad ahahah
QFXpYkj.png
1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 137 138