Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | FR Tools - Signatures, Banners & More
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34
@Adu this is what I do for fun. -shrug- Odd hobby, but...I like it. XD

Though it's really cutting down on my grinding time. I'm hoping to get to the "pay me to code you a ____" tools so I can start getting some income.
@Adu this is what I do for fun. -shrug- Odd hobby, but...I like it. XD

Though it's really cutting down on my grinding time. I'm hoping to get to the "pay me to code you a ____" tools so I can start getting some income.
mLVXhc2.pngs2YE1v7.pngPkbt1dy.pngsGTYkwN.png
@Taleirrh

So long as you enjoy it, it's not really work, right? Well, as much work c;

Well, maybe take a break from coding next week, then, at the very least :P
@Taleirrh

So long as you enjoy it, it's not really work, right? Well, as much work c;

Well, maybe take a break from coding next week, then, at the very least :P
L A D Y S P I B E
Haunted Stone Orb
she • fr+3 • lore lair • exalting lair

 fulfill your calling
lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. maecenas maximus, risus eget molestie viverra, augue arcu dictum justo, maximus aliquam risus velit non lectus.
@Adu Haha, we'll see how much I have left to do when next week comes. I want to shave off at least SOME of the items on my to-do list.

Though I always take festival weeks off to grind grind grind.
@Adu Haha, we'll see how much I have left to do when next week comes. I want to shave off at least SOME of the items on my to-do list.

Though I always take festival weeks off to grind grind grind.
@Taleirrh

This is indeed a great tool for those who aren't so versed in Photoshop. (Now how'm I gonna decide what colors, fonts, images, backgrounds to use, etc. etc...?)

I might have missed something, but is there a way to save the banners and stuff you create? I can't find a save button, and right-clicking on the created image doesn't give you a "save images as..." option. =/
@Taleirrh

This is indeed a great tool for those who aren't so versed in Photoshop. (Now how'm I gonna decide what colors, fonts, images, backgrounds to use, etc. etc...?)

I might have missed something, but is there a way to save the banners and stuff you create? I can't find a save button, and right-clicking on the created image doesn't give you a "save images as..." option. =/
@CrypticGirl As you keep scrolling down the sidebar full of options, you'll eventually come upon the instructions for how to do that. I need to know if they're easy to find and clear to understand, so may I use you as an experiment and ask you to look and read them if you can find them, rather than simply asking me? If you can't find them, or can't understand them, let me know so I can make them more visible and clear for everyone.
@CrypticGirl As you keep scrolling down the sidebar full of options, you'll eventually come upon the instructions for how to do that. I need to know if they're easy to find and clear to understand, so may I use you as an experiment and ask you to look and read them if you can find them, rather than simply asking me? If you can't find them, or can't understand them, let me know so I can make them more visible and clear for everyone.
@CrypticGirl oh also if you need help picking a background, check out the texture library I uploaded for everyone.

And to you and to anyone else who is interested in how the generators work:

The generator doesn't actually make an 'image'. That's why you have to save it yourself in the way it says on the sidebar. What the generator actually creates is an HTML div, with images and headers as if it were all a webpage all its own. Then you just save it into an image yourself, which is (hopefully) super simple.
@CrypticGirl oh also if you need help picking a background, check out the texture library I uploaded for everyone.

And to you and to anyone else who is interested in how the generators work:

The generator doesn't actually make an 'image'. That's why you have to save it yourself in the way it says on the sidebar. What the generator actually creates is an HTML div, with images and headers as if it were all a webpage all its own. Then you just save it into an image yourself, which is (hopefully) super simple.
@Taleirrh

Well, I kind of cheated and used Ctrl+F and type "save" in the search box to find them. Not sure if everyone would think to do that, so perhaps the saving instructions could stand out a little more?

Oh, and about the Texture library, would it be possible to break it up into pages? Not all computers would be able to handle that kind of load on one page...
@Taleirrh

Well, I kind of cheated and used Ctrl+F and type "save" in the search box to find them. Not sure if everyone would think to do that, so perhaps the saving instructions could stand out a little more?

Oh, and about the Texture library, would it be possible to break it up into pages? Not all computers would be able to handle that kind of load on one page...
@CrypticGirl I'm not quite sure what to do about the Texture Library's load time. I (think I?) recommended that people set the page to load and then go play in the Coli or Fairgrounds for a while.

The problem with breaking it up into multiple pages is this: Let's say you have two textures you're debating between. So you go back and forth between the two of them a few times, trying to decide. If they're on different pages...now you can't do that. Recipe for instant pain-in-the-neck if you ask me.

But I do agree with you, the load time / memory strain is atrocious, I just don't know how else to handle it.
@CrypticGirl I'm not quite sure what to do about the Texture Library's load time. I (think I?) recommended that people set the page to load and then go play in the Coli or Fairgrounds for a while.

The problem with breaking it up into multiple pages is this: Let's say you have two textures you're debating between. So you go back and forth between the two of them a few times, trying to decide. If they're on different pages...now you can't do that. Recipe for instant pain-in-the-neck if you ask me.

But I do agree with you, the load time / memory strain is atrocious, I just don't know how else to handle it.
@CrypticGirl wait I just had an idea. Let me try something.
@CrypticGirl wait I just had an idea. Let me try something.
@Taleirrh

Well, there's always the idea of loading different pages in different tabs (so if you see one you like, you can keep that tab open while closing others that don't have any textures that catch your eye). That's the tip I was given regarding bonding with familiars, and it has sped up the process tremendously.
@Taleirrh

Well, there's always the idea of loading different pages in different tabs (so if you see one you like, you can keep that tab open while closing others that don't have any textures that catch your eye). That's the tip I was given regarding bonding with familiars, and it has sped up the process tremendously.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33 34