Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | NEW Dominance Tracker
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22
@Julia

you're welcome! I'm trying my best to update every sunday so no dom gets missed^^
@Julia

you're welcome! I'm trying my best to update every sunday so no dom gets missed^^
make_mother_proud_by_duinimrais-d85f1js.gif
Congrats to Arcane for making it! Can Arcanist now please stop poking the server? ;_;
Congrats to Arcane for making it! Can Arcanist now please stop poking the server? ;_;
congratulations to Wind for their win despite about 2k more members than the challanger flight!
congratulations to Wind for their win despite about 2k more members than the challanger flight!
Thanks for the list and thread, everyone! I'm a newbie so it helps me understand dominance a little more. @jaclynhyde, come read this~
Thanks for the list and thread, everyone! I'm a newbie so it helps me understand dominance a little more. @jaclynhyde, come read this~
0A1SWXC.png
congratulations to the forces of the Stormcatcher to their 5th win! Maybe now you're allowed five minutes to sit down and eat?
congratulations to the forces of the Stormcatcher to their 5th win! Maybe now you're allowed five minutes to sit down and eat?
Can anyone explain why larger flights supposedly have more trouble winning dominance? Because I just don't get it - Plague and Ice are both fairly large flights, and are the two most successful on average.

Even if a large flight doesn't have all of its members participating in dominance, shouldn't they still have an advantage, because they only need a smaller percentage of users to put in effort towards dominance to win? :s
I'm so confused.
Can anyone explain why larger flights supposedly have more trouble winning dominance? Because I just don't get it - Plague and Ice are both fairly large flights, and are the two most successful on average.

Even if a large flight doesn't have all of its members participating in dominance, shouldn't they still have an advantage, because they only need a smaller percentage of users to put in effort towards dominance to win? :s
I'm so confused.
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
@Ithika
ok, it's basically because FR doesn't calculate with 'total number of dragons exalted' because then the large flights would always win.
Instead it calculates 'dragons exalted per flight member'.

so if we pit Arcane (10k members) against Earth (2k members) and both exalt 2k dragons, then Earth wins because Earth has exalted 1 dragon per member, but Arcane only exalted 0,2 dragon per member.

It should be noted that FR also only counts members that have been online in the last few (I think 2?) weeks, so the counted flight number tends to always be a bit smaller than stated on the map.

But yeah generally it's much harder to take onto a flight that's significantly smaller than your own. Plague has done it twice, once with Fire and once with Water. We won one and lost the other and both times cot us tremendous amounts of money because Fire/Water are about half our size so we need to exalt double the dragons.

Another factor is that leveled adults count more than unleveled ones or babies, though nobody is quite sure how much more. Basically a small flight loaded up with massive amount of level 10 dragons is HARD to beat.

I hope that cleared it up for you?
@Ithika
ok, it's basically because FR doesn't calculate with 'total number of dragons exalted' because then the large flights would always win.
Instead it calculates 'dragons exalted per flight member'.

so if we pit Arcane (10k members) against Earth (2k members) and both exalt 2k dragons, then Earth wins because Earth has exalted 1 dragon per member, but Arcane only exalted 0,2 dragon per member.

It should be noted that FR also only counts members that have been online in the last few (I think 2?) weeks, so the counted flight number tends to always be a bit smaller than stated on the map.

But yeah generally it's much harder to take onto a flight that's significantly smaller than your own. Plague has done it twice, once with Fire and once with Water. We won one and lost the other and both times cot us tremendous amounts of money because Fire/Water are about half our size so we need to exalt double the dragons.

Another factor is that leveled adults count more than unleveled ones or babies, though nobody is quite sure how much more. Basically a small flight loaded up with massive amount of level 10 dragons is HARD to beat.

I hope that cleared it up for you?
@Alisette Ah, yes, it did! I didn't know about the approximation to balance flight sizes - that's a clever way to keep things kinda fair. I suppose there's no easy way - if you removed that, large flights would always beat the little ones.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that to me! :)
@Alisette Ah, yes, it did! I didn't know about the approximation to balance flight sizes - that's a clever way to keep things kinda fair. I suppose there's no easy way - if you removed that, large flights would always beat the little ones.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that to me! :)
emXtQcv.gif9QxrTEM.pngpWX995k.png
@Ithika

no problem^^ Yeah, it's really the only way to keep things balanced and judging from the current standings it works well enough so that the number of achieved doms is more linked to how motivated the flight is to really go for it instead of the size.
@Ithika

no problem^^ Yeah, it's really the only way to keep things balanced and judging from the current standings it works well enough so that the number of achieved doms is more linked to how motivated the flight is to really go for it instead of the size.
Congrats to Plague for being the first flight to reach 10 doms!
Congrats to Plague for being the first flight to reach 10 doms!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22