Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Newbies Chat
@fishspeakers Hey since you're here and seem to be answering random newbie nonsense with wisdom from experience... How do you get familiars from the coliseum? Just keep fighting and hoping, or is there a pokeball like item and method to it?
@fishspeakers Hey since you're here and seem to be answering random newbie nonsense with wisdom from experience... How do you get familiars from the coliseum? Just keep fighting and hoping, or is there a pokeball like item and method to it?
mLVXhc2.pngs2YE1v7.pngPkbt1dy.pngsGTYkwN.png
@talscudi Oh I know this one, it's random just keep fighting :3
@talscudi Oh I know this one, it's random just keep fighting :3
EuQjKSR.png
@talscudi

Familiars are random drops. So it's all chance.

You can also get familiars by opening chests or by going to Pinkerton in the Trading Post. Don't forget to visit him every day, he gives out some nice goodies.
@talscudi

Familiars are random drops. So it's all chance.

You can also get familiars by opening chests or by going to Pinkerton in the Trading Post. Don't forget to visit him every day, he gives out some nice goodies.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
I think I saw a book in the marketplace that let you know about your enemies...what was it 'field guide'... I have the treasure for it now, but of course now it's sold out. >_< I want to get one of those.
I think I saw a book in the marketplace that let you know about your enemies...what was it 'field guide'... I have the treasure for it now, but of course now it's sold out. >_< I want to get one of those.
mLVXhc2.pngs2YE1v7.pngPkbt1dy.pngsGTYkwN.png
Hello newbies! Hope you have a nice time on the site. ^^ Since tips seem to be going around, I would suggest a few things:
For money, though it's slow, Shock Switch on Easy is the most efficient fairgrounds route. If you have the patience for it, a better method is to level some dragons as high as you can get them and farm food to sell on the auction house, a method that will generally yield other sweet loot as well!

For dragons, I've found making friends and stalking their lairs is a great way to find just the ones you're looking for, and some you'll love despite never expecting them. (I wouldn't stalk the lairs of non-friends! You might disturb their dragons.) The auction house currently has an abundance of dragons, so the loveliest dragons may only be available directly from the owner, in peril of being exalted; I've recently been witness to nests of imps being passed to their flight deity, so keep an eye out on the forums and keep in touch with friends!

As a last note, though it is a bit boisterous at times, the Mibbit IRC at http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#Flight_Rising is generally rather full, and full of people who will happily sell you their dragons. (There is, if I recall, a sub-chat entirely for that purpose.)

Lastly, if you need anything, as you've probably already noticed, FR has one of the friendliest communities out there. Just ask!
Hello newbies! Hope you have a nice time on the site. ^^ Since tips seem to be going around, I would suggest a few things:
For money, though it's slow, Shock Switch on Easy is the most efficient fairgrounds route. If you have the patience for it, a better method is to level some dragons as high as you can get them and farm food to sell on the auction house, a method that will generally yield other sweet loot as well!

For dragons, I've found making friends and stalking their lairs is a great way to find just the ones you're looking for, and some you'll love despite never expecting them. (I wouldn't stalk the lairs of non-friends! You might disturb their dragons.) The auction house currently has an abundance of dragons, so the loveliest dragons may only be available directly from the owner, in peril of being exalted; I've recently been witness to nests of imps being passed to their flight deity, so keep an eye out on the forums and keep in touch with friends!

As a last note, though it is a bit boisterous at times, the Mibbit IRC at http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#Flight_Rising is generally rather full, and full of people who will happily sell you their dragons. (There is, if I recall, a sub-chat entirely for that purpose.)

Lastly, if you need anything, as you've probably already noticed, FR has one of the friendliest communities out there. Just ask!
I'd like to join in as well (hopefully, I'm not too much of a talker)

Hey everyone, I'm Doom, I joined the Plague Flight. My friend wanted more people on FR so she got me and a few others to join, I definitely like it here and have found myself in the Coliseum a lot.

I like all the breeds, Mirrors, Snappers, and Pearlcatchers are at the top though.
I'd like to join in as well (hopefully, I'm not too much of a talker)

Hey everyone, I'm Doom, I joined the Plague Flight. My friend wanted more people on FR so she got me and a few others to join, I definitely like it here and have found myself in the Coliseum a lot.

I like all the breeds, Mirrors, Snappers, and Pearlcatchers are at the top though.
Drawing drawing drawing....
Click below to see my art thread
!
8kBw74y.gif

@Arakk Hey thanks for the tips I'll probably play the game later, needs more treasure.

@Doomsdaybear Hi Doom I'm Zerr nice to meet you.
@Arakk Hey thanks for the tips I'll probably play the game later, needs more treasure.

@Doomsdaybear Hi Doom I'm Zerr nice to meet you.
EuQjKSR.png
@fishspeakers
@Arakk

Thanks for taking the time to give us newbies a few tips! I'm just soaking up everything I read for now to be filtered and processed later, so bits of information like this are very valuable.

@talscudi

I would argue that I'm not really a good person - just not a bad person - but it doesn't really affect the outcome. I'm just touched at your faith in me. ^-^

@DoomsdayBear

Love the name!
@fishspeakers
@Arakk

Thanks for taking the time to give us newbies a few tips! I'm just soaking up everything I read for now to be filtered and processed later, so bits of information like this are very valuable.

@talscudi

I would argue that I'm not really a good person - just not a bad person - but it doesn't really affect the outcome. I'm just touched at your faith in me. ^-^

@DoomsdayBear

Love the name!
Hola my fellow newbie dragon lovers! I too joined yesterday after many months of anticipation and have been loving it! I already have awesome dragons and great friends who are willing to help all the time and I hope to expand my friend list as well :)
Hola my fellow newbie dragon lovers! I too joined yesterday after many months of anticipation and have been loving it! I already have awesome dragons and great friends who are willing to help all the time and I hope to expand my friend list as well :)
It seems most people who joined have been awaiting the chance for a while. :D
It seems most people who joined have been awaiting the chance for a while. :D