Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Friends for new player (◕‿◕✿)
1 2 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
@ArtimisNight
thanks!! ^^ I'm chelsea, I'm 22 and I've got lyme disease, i made it through 3 years of college but i'm too sick to work or go to school anymore so i spend a lot of time online. i just came to FR on the recent registration window and i'm addicted already omg~

but I'm a photographer and a writer, and i'm really into animals of any sort (we've got six rats, a cat, and a dog in the house :V ) and i draw / do commissions occasionally online but i haven't been feeling up to it for a while, i'm hoping to get back into it this summer!
@ArtimisNight
thanks!! ^^ I'm chelsea, I'm 22 and I've got lyme disease, i made it through 3 years of college but i'm too sick to work or go to school anymore so i spend a lot of time online. i just came to FR on the recent registration window and i'm addicted already omg~

but I'm a photographer and a writer, and i'm really into animals of any sort (we've got six rats, a cat, and a dog in the house :V ) and i draw / do commissions occasionally online but i haven't been feeling up to it for a while, i'm hoping to get back into it this summer!
............................ P583N5e.png ....
{ jimmie · he/him · fr +2 }

adopts // clan lorebook
.... 6IsQP.gif
@mucha
If you don't mind my asking what is lime disease?
What where you in college for?
Oooooooo that's a lot of pets. I only have two cats....and they are hyper lol!
Yay art! I hope you get back in to that :D
And I'm also a writer.....I'm just so busy I barely have time D:
@mucha
If you don't mind my asking what is lime disease?
What where you in college for?
Oooooooo that's a lot of pets. I only have two cats....and they are hyper lol!
Yay art! I hope you get back in to that :D
And I'm also a writer.....I'm just so busy I barely have time D:
7zcCDc4.jpg
@ArtimisNight

Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that affects your whole body. You usually get it via ticks but I don't remember being bitten. It's really nasty though, it really screws you up and it's incredibly difficult to get rid of even though it's a bacterial infection. I've had it long enough that the usual round of antibiotics wouldn't kill it (over 2 years for me now, which happens to a lot of people because they don't realize what's wrong. I know people who have had Lyme for 30, 40 years and can't get rid of it, people who have seen 50+ doctors and nothing helps).

I /was/ in school for English, but I wasn't really feeling it. If I was going to go back to school I'd go for Zoology or Marine biology. I just didn't have a lot of options where I was going to school, and my parents made me apply right out of high school so I was constantly swapping my major around lol.

I haven't written in a long time, but it's mostly just been a dry spell for me ;o; i was going to do NaNoWriMo last year but I gave up on it pretty early. Ive been trying to get back into poetry cause my roommates and I like to go to the slam poetry events here~

my kitty is hyper too!! He's a baby, he just turned a year old 8) it's so cute because the dog LOVES him and wants to be best friends and she just follows him around. he kind of just tolerates her. it's adorable.
@ArtimisNight

Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that affects your whole body. You usually get it via ticks but I don't remember being bitten. It's really nasty though, it really screws you up and it's incredibly difficult to get rid of even though it's a bacterial infection. I've had it long enough that the usual round of antibiotics wouldn't kill it (over 2 years for me now, which happens to a lot of people because they don't realize what's wrong. I know people who have had Lyme for 30, 40 years and can't get rid of it, people who have seen 50+ doctors and nothing helps).

I /was/ in school for English, but I wasn't really feeling it. If I was going to go back to school I'd go for Zoology or Marine biology. I just didn't have a lot of options where I was going to school, and my parents made me apply right out of high school so I was constantly swapping my major around lol.

I haven't written in a long time, but it's mostly just been a dry spell for me ;o; i was going to do NaNoWriMo last year but I gave up on it pretty early. Ive been trying to get back into poetry cause my roommates and I like to go to the slam poetry events here~

my kitty is hyper too!! He's a baby, he just turned a year old 8) it's so cute because the dog LOVES him and wants to be best friends and she just follows him around. he kind of just tolerates her. it's adorable.

adopts // clan lorebook
.... 6IsQP.gif
hello people i am joobr :^)... i read & draw a lot, i like mysteries, medicine, the history of science and horror!! i want to live in a haunted castle. i love rap & jazz & psychobilly & lots of other music. i'm an illustration student boop boop boop iunno what else to say!! i'm friendly :^))

@mucha lyme disease blows, a friend of mine had an experience similar to yours, had to leave school, etc. its def a trying thing to put up with, i hope you're managing well!!

theres a summer wrimo too, if youd be interested!
hello people i am joobr :^)... i read & draw a lot, i like mysteries, medicine, the history of science and horror!! i want to live in a haunted castle. i love rap & jazz & psychobilly & lots of other music. i'm an illustration student boop boop boop iunno what else to say!! i'm friendly :^))

@mucha lyme disease blows, a friend of mine had an experience similar to yours, had to leave school, etc. its def a trying thing to put up with, i hope you're managing well!!

theres a summer wrimo too, if youd be interested!
Tallow Candle Stuffed Mith Tales of Terror
@joobr

yea for real!! it sucks. i deal tho. :V i have some v cool friends who are taking care of me right now so i'm really glad for that!

OH YEAH I forgot about the summer one!! ill have to look into that, thanks for reminding me *v*

!boops boops!
@joobr

yea for real!! it sucks. i deal tho. :V i have some v cool friends who are taking care of me right now so i'm really glad for that!

OH YEAH I forgot about the summer one!! ill have to look into that, thanks for reminding me *v*

!boops boops!

adopts // clan lorebook
.... 6IsQP.gif
@mucha
Thank you for in forming. I hope things are and go well for you!
I should have gone into sciences I love science, but I love English more...and I'm Squamish soooo yeah.
I have not written a lot ...what I do write I don't really share
Awww that's sooo cute! I love animals, so adorable and squeezable.

@joobr
Welcome! Feel free to send. Request!
Ooooo illustrations, that sounds fun!
@mucha
Thank you for in forming. I hope things are and go well for you!
I should have gone into sciences I love science, but I love English more...and I'm Squamish soooo yeah.
I have not written a lot ...what I do write I don't really share
Awww that's sooo cute! I love animals, so adorable and squeezable.

@joobr
Welcome! Feel free to send. Request!
Ooooo illustrations, that sounds fun!
7zcCDc4.jpg
Er, hello!

I'm Rosemary - I'm a photography/art history student, I have a voracious reading appetite - I love fantasy and historical fiction especially, and I'm a pet owner. I own a 14 year old cat that means the world to me, and I definitely want to end up with more cats before it's all over and done with haha. Good thing my boyfriend likes cats.

I have a pretty good handle on how things on FR work even though I joined during this month's registration. Though I have to admit I'm having trouble finding the motivation to grind for a lair expansion currently. lol

@mucha ah I'm sorry that you're going through that. I'm currently dealing with a bout of cellulitis (a bacterial infection as well) after getting bitten about 18 times and stung by a wasp within a two week period. Though I will say that Lyme Disease is infinitely worse in my opinion.

Feel free to add me or PM me!
Er, hello!

I'm Rosemary - I'm a photography/art history student, I have a voracious reading appetite - I love fantasy and historical fiction especially, and I'm a pet owner. I own a 14 year old cat that means the world to me, and I definitely want to end up with more cats before it's all over and done with haha. Good thing my boyfriend likes cats.

I have a pretty good handle on how things on FR work even though I joined during this month's registration. Though I have to admit I'm having trouble finding the motivation to grind for a lair expansion currently. lol

@mucha ah I'm sorry that you're going through that. I'm currently dealing with a bout of cellulitis (a bacterial infection as well) after getting bitten about 18 times and stung by a wasp within a two week period. Though I will say that Lyme Disease is infinitely worse in my opinion.

Feel free to add me or PM me!
She/Hernydra_by_featherblot-d9s5sch.pngFR +3
@rosemarywood

Welcome to FR!
Sorry to hear about the Cellulitis. Hope things go well.
I love cats!! I also love to read! What do you enjoy reading, and who?
@rosemarywood

Welcome to FR!
Sorry to hear about the Cellulitis. Hope things go well.
I love cats!! I also love to read! What do you enjoy reading, and who?
7zcCDc4.jpg
@ArtimisNight ah, I'll be ok. Just got done with a bunch of medications to treat it. I'm still a little itchy but the infection seems to largely be gone.

I've been currently reading the historical fiction dragon series, Temeraire by Naomi Novik, which has been very good.

I also have been reading Michelle Moran's books (I started with Cleopatra's Daughter) which have been fantastic reads.

Otherwise I like John Green and Jane Austen novels. For the last 3 or 4 years or so I've been nearly exclusively reading classics, so I'm trying to find more contemporary novels to read.
@ArtimisNight ah, I'll be ok. Just got done with a bunch of medications to treat it. I'm still a little itchy but the infection seems to largely be gone.

I've been currently reading the historical fiction dragon series, Temeraire by Naomi Novik, which has been very good.

I also have been reading Michelle Moran's books (I started with Cleopatra's Daughter) which have been fantastic reads.

Otherwise I like John Green and Jane Austen novels. For the last 3 or 4 years or so I've been nearly exclusively reading classics, so I'm trying to find more contemporary novels to read.
She/Hernydra_by_featherblot-d9s5sch.pngFR +3
@rosemary
Cool. I hear Temeraire is indeed an excellent read. I know what you mean about the classics too. I just finished another term of my English Major in December and in 4 months took courses on Chaucer, Shakespeare (9 plays) AND 18th cent. Brit lit. ( Tom Jones being the largest )
I love really old literature, especially Shakespeare and Chaucer!
@rosemary
Cool. I hear Temeraire is indeed an excellent read. I know what you mean about the classics too. I just finished another term of my English Major in December and in 4 months took courses on Chaucer, Shakespeare (9 plays) AND 18th cent. Brit lit. ( Tom Jones being the largest )
I love really old literature, especially Shakespeare and Chaucer!
7zcCDc4.jpg
1 2 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293