Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Shade
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Is there already a thread about this? If so, mods can lock this.

While I was reading the story of how Flight Rising came to be, I wondered what happened to the shade. Is it still around? Is it considered a threat to other flights? Do the deities even worry about it attacking again?

And if so, is this why the site may be lagging or not working at all? Maybe the Shade wants to destroy the gods'(or Admins') hard work just to anger us?

I would like to know your thoughts on the matter.
Is there already a thread about this? If so, mods can lock this.

While I was reading the story of how Flight Rising came to be, I wondered what happened to the shade. Is it still around? Is it considered a threat to other flights? Do the deities even worry about it attacking again?

And if so, is this why the site may be lagging or not working at all? Maybe the Shade wants to destroy the gods'(or Admins') hard work just to anger us?

I would like to know your thoughts on the matter.
It's under your bed. Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red.
It's under your bed. Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red.
466w8yC.png
I imagine they're out there, somewhere, waiting for their next chance to cause trouble.
I imagine they're out there, somewhere, waiting for their next chance to cause trouble.
tumblr_inline_nitm4pYBdg1t8garv.png16618366614_0411d45852_o.pngtumblr_inline_nitm4pYBdg1t8garv.png
*high fives* @RiverEcho that was lovely

@Ryuka interesting thoughts : )
I wonder if there's an rp with the shade or not...hm...
*high fives* @RiverEcho that was lovely

@Ryuka interesting thoughts : )
I wonder if there's an rp with the shade or not...hm...
@Mercurial
I like to find moments to quote. That one fit nicely ;)
@Mercurial
I like to find moments to quote. That one fit nicely ;)
466w8yC.png
@RiverEcho

It did, I tip my hat to you!
@RiverEcho

It did, I tip my hat to you!
@Arcanist

Can you see the shade up there in space?
I wonder what it's like.
@Arcanist

Can you see the shade up there in space?
I wonder what it's like.
~
@RiverEcho

That was really nice XD

@Mercurial

I'm not completely sure if they is a shade rp, but I might have heard somewhere someone was going to do one, or they already did.

I have a headcannon that the Arcanist has been studying the Shade for a very long time, and started to develop a fascination towards it.

What is the Shade exactly? Is it only darkness into space? A black hole sort of thing that tried to wipe out our world? Or the element of destruction?

So many questions...
@RiverEcho

That was really nice XD

@Mercurial

I'm not completely sure if they is a shade rp, but I might have heard somewhere someone was going to do one, or they already did.

I have a headcannon that the Arcanist has been studying the Shade for a very long time, and started to develop a fascination towards it.

What is the Shade exactly? Is it only darkness into space? A black hole sort of thing that tried to wipe out our world? Or the element of destruction?

So many questions...
@Ryuka
I just started reading the lore yesterday and (maybe I was just tired) but the part with the shade got confusing. At first it seemed like the magic from the dragons and their fighting had attracted the shade but then at the end it refers to the shade as the world attacking itself/the gods in punishment for having ruined it. Also apparently there's still wisps of the shade floating around?

My headcanon is that Shadowbinder mimics the shade with shadows to pull pranks on the other deities XD
@Ryuka
I just started reading the lore yesterday and (maybe I was just tired) but the part with the shade got confusing. At first it seemed like the magic from the dragons and their fighting had attracted the shade but then at the end it refers to the shade as the world attacking itself/the gods in punishment for having ruined it. Also apparently there's still wisps of the shade floating around?

My headcanon is that Shadowbinder mimics the shade with shadows to pull pranks on the other deities XD
Well, if you ever go exploring in the Sunbeam Ruins...

"The Hewn City
A ruined, skeletal landscape of shattered structures, gripped by a shade that boggles even the Light dragonflight's most studious archaeologists."

SUSPICIOUS
Well, if you ever go exploring in the Sunbeam Ruins...

"The Hewn City
A ruined, skeletal landscape of shattered structures, gripped by a shade that boggles even the Light dragonflight's most studious archaeologists."

SUSPICIOUS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7