Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | lost, Lost, LOST
[i](edit)[/i] THIS GAME. Well here is bit what i lost. - 48k treasure, what i earned from lucky streak and looting before mainetance - my ridge ice/silver/midnight boy hatchling i hatched yesterday, it wasn't in my lair went to hatching grouds hatched the one egg that was STILL THERE even though i hatched it yesterday. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=251125] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/251125_350.png[/img] [/url] GOT THIS LITTLE [i](edit)[/i] INSTEAD. - i had over 200 plants, because my tundras eat a lot, fed my dragons today, they ate 30 plants and left me with 10 plants I HAD MORE FOOD THAN THAT -The dragon i ahd traded yesterday was still on me and in auctuonhouse. I almost sold it! ALL THIS BECAUSE OF MAINETANCE. might update this list because haven't even gone through teh familiars and stuff i got yesterday. [u][b]I seriosly want to quit the game now.[/b][/u] [i](edit for language, thank you. ~twitchy)[/i]
(edit) THIS GAME.

Well here is bit what i lost.

- 48k treasure, what i earned from lucky streak and looting before mainetance

- my ridge ice/silver/midnight boy hatchling i hatched yesterday, it wasn't in my lair
went to hatching grouds hatched the one egg that was STILL THERE even though i hatched it yesterday.
251125_350.png
GOT THIS LITTLE (edit) INSTEAD.

- i had over 200 plants, because my tundras eat a lot, fed my dragons today, they ate 30 plants and left me with 10 plants I HAD MORE FOOD THAN THAT

-The dragon i ahd traded yesterday was still on me and in auctuonhouse.
I almost sold it!

ALL THIS BECAUSE OF MAINETANCE. might update this list because haven't even gone through teh familiars and stuff i got yesterday.

I seriosly want to quit the game now.

(edit for language, thank you. ~twitchy)
cutebat_by_lizrath-d6msvya.png
There's an announcement about the rollback on the main page.
There's an announcement about the rollback on the main page.
@Anke

I know, but this ****** me off so much >:[
@Anke

I know, but this ****** me off so much >:[
cutebat_by_lizrath-d6msvya.png
Hello, @Cactusbat,

I'm sorry. I'm only a volunteer mod but I'm truly sorry you've experienced this. This was an unfortunate necessity due to some awful circumstances and people exploiting.

I completely understand why you are upset and the need to vent.

If it helps, I'd like to direct you to Akiri's statement on why this timeslip had to happen.
Quote:
Let me provide some background on the issue since there seem to be some gross misconceptions on why the rollback occurred here and the related bug.

That thread you linked is originally a different issue. I was tired and trying to implement a fix for just that issue which had not been too bad since we were able to stay mostly on top of it. This is when the real issue occurred.

My "fix" was unsuccessful in one of the areas I applied it to and made things terribly worse. Xhaztol and one of the mods caught the issue shortly afterwards and I went to correct what went wrong. However, after fixing the problem, I encountered millions of counterfeit treasure and gems. It was no longer an isolated bug we were trying to track, it was a full blown exploit. These gems and treasure had already been used to buy out whatever players wanted causing further spread of the issue. I was left very little choice past that point seeing the widespread economic corruption caused by exploitation of the bug. So the issue that needed the rollback occurred DURING the rollback period.

Also, gem purchases were refunded for the period of the rollback, no users lost real money.

Really, the only way rollbacks can be prevented is this:
1: I need to get some sleep so I don't make horrendous mistakes.
2: Players not exploit.

I can't control the second one, so I'll try to do better on the first one.

I am going to move this thread to FRD as this isn't a bug report and I have to edit the profanity out of your OP. Please feel free to express yourself on this issue but please keep the profanity out. Masked profanity is still profanity. Thank you.

Hello, @Cactusbat,

I'm sorry. I'm only a volunteer mod but I'm truly sorry you've experienced this. This was an unfortunate necessity due to some awful circumstances and people exploiting.

I completely understand why you are upset and the need to vent.

If it helps, I'd like to direct you to Akiri's statement on why this timeslip had to happen.
Quote:
Let me provide some background on the issue since there seem to be some gross misconceptions on why the rollback occurred here and the related bug.

That thread you linked is originally a different issue. I was tired and trying to implement a fix for just that issue which had not been too bad since we were able to stay mostly on top of it. This is when the real issue occurred.

My "fix" was unsuccessful in one of the areas I applied it to and made things terribly worse. Xhaztol and one of the mods caught the issue shortly afterwards and I went to correct what went wrong. However, after fixing the problem, I encountered millions of counterfeit treasure and gems. It was no longer an isolated bug we were trying to track, it was a full blown exploit. These gems and treasure had already been used to buy out whatever players wanted causing further spread of the issue. I was left very little choice past that point seeing the widespread economic corruption caused by exploitation of the bug. So the issue that needed the rollback occurred DURING the rollback period.

Also, gem purchases were refunded for the period of the rollback, no users lost real money.

Really, the only way rollbacks can be prevented is this:
1: I need to get some sleep so I don't make horrendous mistakes.
2: Players not exploit.

I can't control the second one, so I'll try to do better on the first one.

I am going to move this thread to FRD as this isn't a bug report and I have to edit the profanity out of your OP. Please feel free to express yourself on this issue but please keep the profanity out. Masked profanity is still profanity. Thank you.

coffee. need coffee.