Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lets Look at the Bright Side
1 2
"Remember that time when the Arcanist was playing around with the space-time continuum? He was causing trouble for everyone. Again. Thanks Arcanist!"

I can see why a lot of people are angry at the moment. I'm lucky that I didn't breed or hatch any dragons yesterday and that I didn't lose anything of real value. Though there was a rather nice familiar I got from opening a gilded chest...
"Remember that time when the Arcanist was playing around with the space-time continuum? He was causing trouble for everyone. Again. Thanks Arcanist!"

I can see why a lot of people are angry at the moment. I'm lucky that I didn't breed or hatch any dragons yesterday and that I didn't lose anything of real value. Though there was a rather nice familiar I got from opening a gilded chest...
@Lightning - Yes! All the yes!

Tis' the bug infested Lagapocalypse of July 2013. May we remember this day as the day the walls of this mighty site almost crumbled.
/dramatic
@Lightning - Yes! All the yes!

Tis' the bug infested Lagapocalypse of July 2013. May we remember this day as the day the walls of this mighty site almost crumbled.
/dramatic
tumblr_ocdn95b5fg1us53xfo2_500_by_foxtrot_2_2-db3usoz.png
@fluffyfg - Yes! *insert random Dr. Who timey whimey quote in*
@fluffyfg - Yes! *insert random Dr. Who timey whimey quote in*
CxPmkny.png
Haha, yes. I was never on a site when it was just starting, this is my first time. It feels kinda special :3

While I was waiting for the site to come back, I wrote a Legend about today. Tell me what you think, and feel free to make your own version!

The Legend of the Rollback
By FlameingDarkness (26/07/2013)

Chapter 1- The Rift

Back when the world of Flight Rising was still very young, nearly two months old, in fact, the roads were a very busy place. The world, believe it or not, was smaller then. The number of people was too large for the baby world, and it was difficult to move from one place to another.

As well as the movement restrictions, the system was not yet worked out to what it is now, and some people found a way to cheat the system, and duplicate money to gain however much they wanted. Weather they realized it or not, every time they duplicated items, it caused a small rift in space-time. And the rift grew.

The Admins were able to catch wind of the glitch, and tried to fix it. They did what they could while allowing people to continue to enter to play as normal. And the rift kept growing.

The Arcanist flew around his Land. All eleven Gods were restless, but none knew of the danger better than him. He perched on a Cliffside, when he suddenly felt it. Whatever the danger was, it was bad and it was here. The rift opened.

Chapter 2- Erased

The Arcanist looked up at the sky to see a bright light that swept over the land, reverting the land to the way it was at midnight. Treasure and gems were destroyed, trades re-done, strength gained from the coliseum gone and new-born hatchlings becoming eggs, and re-randomising their genes. Every player was forced outside the gates of Flight Rising, unable to access the world, and with no way to check on their dragons.

The players descended into chaos, demanding to know what would happen, and if they could get their progress back. But the damage was done. About eight or more hours of progress erased because of some selfish people, and now the innocent suffered as well. People were enraged, and some even left, not wanting to deal with the forced consequences from others.

Inside the world, the Admins and Gods knew the issue needed to be fixed before something even worse happened. The Admins worked hard along with the Gods to close the rift, as well as try to keep the players outside updated. The Arcanist sent everyone some stuff to try to help their anger and make up for the progress lost, and the gates were soon opened once again. But that was not the end of it.

Chapter 3- The Aftermath

The influence of the time-space rift did not close completely. The gathering areas were inaccessible, dragons didn’t age and the gifts that were supposed to help, soon became a problem. The rifts last efforts caused the delivery system to go haywire, giving some people 20 gifts, while others got none at all.

The world was soon forced to close again to resolve the problem, and everyone was forced outside the gates, which got people even more frustrated and angry. The crowd outside the gates was madness; some were yelling, others upset and others trying to calm everyone down. The Admins did their best, and later on the gates re-opened.

Everyone had thought the roads were bad before, but now, with everyone rushing to tend to their dragons with only three hours until the reset, the streets were nearly unnavigable. The streets were crowded with people rushing from place to place, trying to re-gain lost progress and do their daily business before the next day. People were trampled, and some unable to do anything but wait for an opening. The mess was unavoidable, and as people finished and went to bed, or to do something else, the roads cleared.

And thus, the Admins and dragon Gods were able to rest after all the hard work fixing the world for everyone to enjoy. And they would continue to work hard afterward for people, for without the players, the world would be empty, though without them, there wouldn’t be a world in the first place.

Wrote it like it was the future :P
Haha, yes. I was never on a site when it was just starting, this is my first time. It feels kinda special :3

While I was waiting for the site to come back, I wrote a Legend about today. Tell me what you think, and feel free to make your own version!

The Legend of the Rollback
By FlameingDarkness (26/07/2013)

Chapter 1- The Rift

Back when the world of Flight Rising was still very young, nearly two months old, in fact, the roads were a very busy place. The world, believe it or not, was smaller then. The number of people was too large for the baby world, and it was difficult to move from one place to another.

As well as the movement restrictions, the system was not yet worked out to what it is now, and some people found a way to cheat the system, and duplicate money to gain however much they wanted. Weather they realized it or not, every time they duplicated items, it caused a small rift in space-time. And the rift grew.

The Admins were able to catch wind of the glitch, and tried to fix it. They did what they could while allowing people to continue to enter to play as normal. And the rift kept growing.

The Arcanist flew around his Land. All eleven Gods were restless, but none knew of the danger better than him. He perched on a Cliffside, when he suddenly felt it. Whatever the danger was, it was bad and it was here. The rift opened.

Chapter 2- Erased

The Arcanist looked up at the sky to see a bright light that swept over the land, reverting the land to the way it was at midnight. Treasure and gems were destroyed, trades re-done, strength gained from the coliseum gone and new-born hatchlings becoming eggs, and re-randomising their genes. Every player was forced outside the gates of Flight Rising, unable to access the world, and with no way to check on their dragons.

The players descended into chaos, demanding to know what would happen, and if they could get their progress back. But the damage was done. About eight or more hours of progress erased because of some selfish people, and now the innocent suffered as well. People were enraged, and some even left, not wanting to deal with the forced consequences from others.

Inside the world, the Admins and Gods knew the issue needed to be fixed before something even worse happened. The Admins worked hard along with the Gods to close the rift, as well as try to keep the players outside updated. The Arcanist sent everyone some stuff to try to help their anger and make up for the progress lost, and the gates were soon opened once again. But that was not the end of it.

Chapter 3- The Aftermath

The influence of the time-space rift did not close completely. The gathering areas were inaccessible, dragons didn’t age and the gifts that were supposed to help, soon became a problem. The rifts last efforts caused the delivery system to go haywire, giving some people 20 gifts, while others got none at all.

The world was soon forced to close again to resolve the problem, and everyone was forced outside the gates, which got people even more frustrated and angry. The crowd outside the gates was madness; some were yelling, others upset and others trying to calm everyone down. The Admins did their best, and later on the gates re-opened.

Everyone had thought the roads were bad before, but now, with everyone rushing to tend to their dragons with only three hours until the reset, the streets were nearly unnavigable. The streets were crowded with people rushing from place to place, trying to re-gain lost progress and do their daily business before the next day. People were trampled, and some unable to do anything but wait for an opening. The mess was unavoidable, and as people finished and went to bed, or to do something else, the roads cleared.

And thus, the Admins and dragon Gods were able to rest after all the hard work fixing the world for everyone to enjoy. And they would continue to work hard afterward for people, for without the players, the world would be empty, though without them, there wouldn’t be a world in the first place.

Wrote it like it was the future :P
Always look on the bright side of life :P
Always look on the bright side of life :P
25tdzx0.gif
I was a little ticked about the 'time travel' since it meant my hatchlings I hatched yesterday were gone, but when I rehatched them I got a shimmer(only their dad has shimmer atm and neither hatchlings yesterday got shimmer) so I couldn't be happier ;w;
I was a little ticked about the 'time travel' since it meant my hatchlings I hatched yesterday were gone, but when I rehatched them I got a shimmer(only their dad has shimmer atm and neither hatchlings yesterday got shimmer) so I couldn't be happier ;w;
God i actually love that.. We'll be legends, who lived trough all the lag that happend.. :p
God i actually love that.. We'll be legends, who lived trough all the lag that happend.. :p
I've never been on a website this early into it's creation, so I'm very excited to be able to tell this to others, as the site grows. :D
I've never been on a website this early into it's creation, so I'm very excited to be able to tell this to others, as the site grows. :D
@FlameingDarkness awesome!! that should go in the encyclopedia as history lol!!
@FlameingDarkness awesome!! that should go in the encyclopedia as history lol!!
Dragonlady-Tundra1.png[img][/img]
[quote name="BlackMothFairy" date="2013-07-26 11:58:48" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=2&id=708322#718694"]I've never been on a website this early into it's creation, so I'm very excited to be able to tell this to others, as the site grows. :D[/quote] Me neither, this is the first time I've been on a site that just opened to the public. When people in other sites were talking of similar issues, I usually got lost because I wasn't there to witness it XD

Me neither, this is the first time I've been on a site that just opened to the public. When people in other sites were talking of similar issues, I usually got lost because I wasn't there to witness it XD
1 2