Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lets Look at the Bright Side
1 2
I know the lag seems pretty terrible now, but in the future, when the site runs as smoothly as a Spiral Dragon spiraling through the sky, we can gather all the kids (new players) around a camp fire and tell them the Legends of Lag.

We can them of the Lag Plague that swept through the early world of Flight Rising, and the terrible Day of the Rollback, where the very fabric of Flight Rising space and time was altered, causing much trouble throughout the Land, when treasure, gems, dragons and even players disappeared.

Times may seem bad now, but if you can get through it, one day we will all be part of the Legend. And it will be awesome.
I know the lag seems pretty terrible now, but in the future, when the site runs as smoothly as a Spiral Dragon spiraling through the sky, we can gather all the kids (new players) around a camp fire and tell them the Legends of Lag.

We can them of the Lag Plague that swept through the early world of Flight Rising, and the terrible Day of the Rollback, where the very fabric of Flight Rising space and time was altered, causing much trouble throughout the Land, when treasure, gems, dragons and even players disappeared.

Times may seem bad now, but if you can get through it, one day we will all be part of the Legend. And it will be awesome.
I like this idea. Heck, we should start weaving the tall tales already!
I like this idea. Heck, we should start weaving the tall tales already!
Hehehe. Yes...
Hehehe. Yes...
I have to admit, when the veteran players of games like World of Warcraft talk about the struggles the game had in its early days, I feel like I missed some kind of baptismal experience.
I have to admit, when the veteran players of games like World of Warcraft talk about the struggles the game had in its early days, I feel like I missed some kind of baptismal experience.
Yeah, it's kind of special to go through these struggles with a game. At least in hindsight. XD

Plus, think about it in terms of in game lore! Time travel stories are the best stories. And now I'll have a tale how one of my hatchlings vanished and returned as a gender flipped copy (with one shade off wings).
Yeah, it's kind of special to go through these struggles with a game. At least in hindsight. XD

Plus, think about it in terms of in game lore! Time travel stories are the best stories. And now I'll have a tale how one of my hatchlings vanished and returned as a gender flipped copy (with one shade off wings).
"I remember back in the days...OF LAG!!!"
"I remember back in the days...OF LAG!!!"
CxPmkny.png
I remember the nightly resets of GPX+.

It's not pleasant doing them again, but dragons.
I remember the nightly resets of GPX+.

It's not pleasant doing them again, but dragons.
These legends have been passed down in my family for generations!

Really though, it's impossible for me to be upset given the fact that this is still a very new site with a lot of kinks it has to work out and not an abundance of people who can do it. These things are to be expected. In the grand scheme of things, a 7 hour or so reroll is no skin off my neck.
These legends have been passed down in my family for generations!

Really though, it's impossible for me to be upset given the fact that this is still a very new site with a lot of kinks it has to work out and not an abundance of people who can do it. These things are to be expected. In the grand scheme of things, a 7 hour or so reroll is no skin off my neck.
rGQO6V7.png
I still think we should all get an achievement with a cute name, Time-travellers Limited or something.
I still think we should all get an achievement with a cute name, Time-travellers Limited or something.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
You want to know lag? I was on Gaia when it was getting started in 2003.

Holy ****, was there lag.
You want to know lag? I was on Gaia when it was getting started in 2003.

Holy ****, was there lag.
1 2