Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much do generations matter?
1 2 3 4
I know people have differing opinions on this, and I would like to hear them and why.
This is just out of curiosity, and to start a nice discussion. Feel free to make your own input, whatever it is. :3

Are 1st Gens that much better than 2nd, 3d, etc gens? I understand their function and why we need them, but some users seem to really put a lot of value on them while others do not. Some (like me) are in the middle.

Would you put genes on/change the breed of say, a 3d or 4th generation dragon? Why or why not?
I know people have differing opinions on this, and I would like to hear them and why.
This is just out of curiosity, and to start a nice discussion. Feel free to make your own input, whatever it is. :3

Are 1st Gens that much better than 2nd, 3d, etc gens? I understand their function and why we need them, but some users seem to really put a lot of value on them while others do not. Some (like me) are in the middle.

Would you put genes on/change the breed of say, a 3d or 4th generation dragon? Why or why not?
FRNyahahahaa_zps32872787.png
I don't care one bit about generations.
I have... (had to check) a third gen and a fourth gen I'm planning on Ridgeback scrolling and putting circuit on. only their colors matter to me.

plus, I think it's neat for dragons to have big families! can't wait to see dragons with really huge family trees once there's been enough time for that to happen. :)
I don't care one bit about generations.
I have... (had to check) a third gen and a fourth gen I'm planning on Ridgeback scrolling and putting circuit on. only their colors matter to me.

plus, I think it's neat for dragons to have big families! can't wait to see dragons with really huge family trees once there's been enough time for that to happen. :)
Vxr4Vdv.gif
Yup. It's hard enough as is for me to find the colors I want without even bringing in generations. And given the extreme unlikelyhood of coming within 5 generations for most of my dragons (the Imperials I'm more concerned about), it's not even worth considering to me.

It's nice to be able to crow about your first generation dragon, but in terms of practicality? Meh. If it has nice colors, it's good enough for me. The closest I come to generation snobbery is the dragon's parents' names. Sorry, but I don't really want to click on my prized breeding pair and see 'Poopiepants' and 'Unnamed'.

But these are all personal preferences.
Yup. It's hard enough as is for me to find the colors I want without even bringing in generations. And given the extreme unlikelyhood of coming within 5 generations for most of my dragons (the Imperials I'm more concerned about), it's not even worth considering to me.

It's nice to be able to crow about your first generation dragon, but in terms of practicality? Meh. If it has nice colors, it's good enough for me. The closest I come to generation snobbery is the dragon's parents' names. Sorry, but I don't really want to click on my prized breeding pair and see 'Poopiepants' and 'Unnamed'.

But these are all personal preferences.
45345.gif
I don't care at all about a dragon's generation, at all. It's caused no issues with my experience with the game so far, so I don't see a reason to be concerned over it. If there was an instance where, for example, I bought a dragon but couldn't breed it with the dragon I wanted because they were distantly related then maybe I'd see things a little differently.
I don't care at all about a dragon's generation, at all. It's caused no issues with my experience with the game so far, so I don't see a reason to be concerned over it. If there was an instance where, for example, I bought a dragon but couldn't breed it with the dragon I wanted because they were distantly related then maybe I'd see things a little differently.
shadow_rune_50x50.png
First gen matters only a tiny bit to me, mostly because it makes it simpler to check the family trees. If they give us the relatedness check that I have supported, then it wouldn't matter at all. Right now you have to do it by hand.

I do go ramble through my progenitors' progeny, it's fun to see what people have done with them. So far none have been exalted, and one was turned into a spiral. It's fun to see all her grandhatchlings (I don't do it as much for my random progen, he does have one exalted baby; I blame myself for not naming it before I sold it.).
First gen matters only a tiny bit to me, mostly because it makes it simpler to check the family trees. If they give us the relatedness check that I have supported, then it wouldn't matter at all. Right now you have to do it by hand.

I do go ramble through my progenitors' progeny, it's fun to see what people have done with them. So far none have been exalted, and one was turned into a spiral. It's fun to see all her grandhatchlings (I don't do it as much for my random progen, he does have one exalted baby; I blame myself for not naming it before I sold it.).
177499lightofknowledge2.png
I like even generations. Even second/third/fourth/etc. because it's easier to work with.
I like even generations. Even second/third/fourth/etc. because it's easier to work with.
Space Daddy is Love, Space Daddy is Life.
Fan of Cosmic Things. And Pastels.
Current Cosmic Obsession: Descender by Jeff Lemire and Dustin Nyugen
Triple Tyranny Club Triple X
I came to this site hoping that it wouldn't become generation oriented like Dragon Cave, so I'm glad to see these responses!

Old habits die hard, and I'm a long-time player of Dragon Cave, so I'm slowly moving away from caring about generation. More about pretty colors and genes!
I came to this site hoping that it wouldn't become generation oriented like Dragon Cave, so I'm glad to see these responses!

Old habits die hard, and I'm a long-time player of Dragon Cave, so I'm slowly moving away from caring about generation. More about pretty colors and genes!
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

I don't know if I've ever checked the generations of the dragons I've bought. xD; Colours and genes are the only things that matter to me. A pretty dragon is still a pretty dragon, whether they're first or fifteenth gen.
I don't know if I've ever checked the generations of the dragons I've bought. xD; Colours and genes are the only things that matter to me. A pretty dragon is still a pretty dragon, whether they're first or fifteenth gen.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I don't really care honestly. If it's pretty, I'll keep/buy it.
I don't really care honestly. If it's pretty, I'll keep/buy it.
SbvRDbG.gif
I like lining up my generations. G1 with a G1, G2 with a G2. It's much easier for me to picture the family tree but of course things get complicated. G1 and G2 are nice because you don't have to spend a lot of time checking the lineage. I'm sure that at some point if you stick around long enough, you'll buy the perfect mate for one of your dragons and it turns out to be a niece or nephew.
I like lining up my generations. G1 with a G1, G2 with a G2. It's much easier for me to picture the family tree but of course things get complicated. G1 and G2 are nice because you don't have to spend a lot of time checking the lineage. I'm sure that at some point if you stick around long enough, you'll buy the perfect mate for one of your dragons and it turns out to be a niece or nephew.
fortrade.png1584781.png1584778.png
1 2 3 4