Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Reservation prices feedback
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=431501

I'm only asking for feedback here since the dragons for sale part of the forums moves way too fast to get anyone to actually look at my thread to give price feedback. I'm not asking to look at my thread because I want you to buy stuff or advertise, I purely just want feedback on the prices that I and my friend KaitouCat have set for our reservation thread. If you don't wanna follow the link, here are the prices and other information:

:Prices:

80t = 1g

Down payments must be a minimum of 50k.
Currently all money will be going towards gene and breed change scrolls.
Full payment is due at the date of the desired clutch.
We cannot refund down payments at this time, so please take this into consideration.

-230k FOR SHARED PAIRS-

CUSTOM PAIRS
*Custom pairs, which are defined by choosing two of our dragons to breed together, can be requested for an additional 75k to your down payment!
*If you request a custom pair, your name will be placed under the waiting lists that contain the dragon you are requesting.
*When you reach the first slot in each waiting list, the dragons will be bred on their next available date.

*For Unshared Pairs*

-Pearlcatchers-
To be Announced

-Ridgebacks-
Two Genes - 200k
Three Genes - 250k

-Spirals-
Two Genes - 250k
Three Genes - 300k

-Wildclaws-
To be Announced

-Imperials-
To be Announced

Are our prices too high? Should they be readjusted? We have very good colors on our dragons. What else should be change?
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=431501

I'm only asking for feedback here since the dragons for sale part of the forums moves way too fast to get anyone to actually look at my thread to give price feedback. I'm not asking to look at my thread because I want you to buy stuff or advertise, I purely just want feedback on the prices that I and my friend KaitouCat have set for our reservation thread. If you don't wanna follow the link, here are the prices and other information:

:Prices:

80t = 1g

Down payments must be a minimum of 50k.
Currently all money will be going towards gene and breed change scrolls.
Full payment is due at the date of the desired clutch.
We cannot refund down payments at this time, so please take this into consideration.

-230k FOR SHARED PAIRS-

CUSTOM PAIRS
*Custom pairs, which are defined by choosing two of our dragons to breed together, can be requested for an additional 75k to your down payment!
*If you request a custom pair, your name will be placed under the waiting lists that contain the dragon you are requesting.
*When you reach the first slot in each waiting list, the dragons will be bred on their next available date.

*For Unshared Pairs*

-Pearlcatchers-
To be Announced

-Ridgebacks-
Two Genes - 200k
Three Genes - 250k

-Spirals-
Two Genes - 250k
Three Genes - 300k

-Wildclaws-
To be Announced

-Imperials-
To be Announced

Are our prices too high? Should they be readjusted? We have very good colors on our dragons. What else should be change?

Nobody has some feedback for us? We'd like to try our best to try and get some awesome dragons to you guys for a fair price but we can't do that without a little bit of help.~

Nobody has some feedback for us? We'd like to try our best to try and get some awesome dragons to you guys for a fair price but we can't do that without a little bit of help.~
Taking a look at your sales thread, I noticed a lot of dragons are starter dragons with basic genes. A while ago, I noticed a thread (can't quite remember what the subject was) in which quite a few posters expressed hesitancy to place reservations on pairs that have not received most of the changes that were promised them. It was okay if they were nearly complete, but if both parents hadn't received the breed change scroll or were missing most of their planned genes, it was a no go.

Your prices seem reasonable. I see no issue with it. Maybe lower the reservation fee a little bit, as I know that some are apprehensive about reservation fees going above a certain point, myself included amongst them. You might lure in more buyers that way.

Hahnu x AuranSol produce the very popular white + colorful wings combo and they're both complete, so I expect them to receive the majority of attention from potential buyers. People also like dark primaries with bright secondaries, so Void x Volun may be popular, but they only produce a very limited range of buyers, potentially limiting the amount of interested buyers because there aren't a lot of options. Toorvith x Pruzah have a good secondary color range, so they will probably receive plenty of interest when they're changed. You may want to invest in more pairs with the popular dark/light body plus bright wings combo, but if that's not your thing, you could ask around to see what people's favorite color combos are and then invest in pairings which many people seem to like (other than the dark/light-bodied and bright-winged dragons).

Cat's got a link to your buying thread in her signature, but you could probably use one as well, @Fatalis. It would probably also be a good idea to list some of what you breed in your signature to catch people's attention. As an example, one could put "double gene white primary purple secondary spiral breeding" as something that you breed and sell which could catch people's attention.

I would post around in other people's buying threads a bit as well. Not only do the original posters see your offers, but other people see them as well. Several of the people I have interested in my imperials found out I was selling them through posts I made offering others imperials. Posting just about anywhere can be helpful to spread the word, too, so long as you've got a link to your sales thread in your signature. Think of every single post you make as an advertisement.

I would also post a set of rules and disclaimers at the top of your thread. That way, people know what to expect and what's acceptable and if a situation relating to your reservations arises, you can point them towards your rules. Plus it just looks nicer when you set down some guidelines. For instance, I didn't notice anything in your thread relating to what happens if someone doesn't pick from a clutch. Do they get to pick from the next clutch? Do they have to pay another fee to be able to pick again? If they get to pick again, are they first pick or last pick? I tried to account for as many situations as I could possibly think of in my rules and disclaimers.

If there are any breeding hubs and organizations that you qualify for, get involved in them as well. I told Cat through Steam that Hahnu x AuranSol qualified for the Neon Wings. If you intend to give Void the shimmer gene, your Void x Vulon pairing will also qualify as an advance breed pairing for the Neon Wings.

Lastly, with so many people vying to sell their dragons and with how fast the dragon sales forum moves, it's simply difficult to get much attention unless you've got something in extremely high demand (like imperials), so bump often. For tidiness' sake, delete your own bump posts.
Taking a look at your sales thread, I noticed a lot of dragons are starter dragons with basic genes. A while ago, I noticed a thread (can't quite remember what the subject was) in which quite a few posters expressed hesitancy to place reservations on pairs that have not received most of the changes that were promised them. It was okay if they were nearly complete, but if both parents hadn't received the breed change scroll or were missing most of their planned genes, it was a no go.

Your prices seem reasonable. I see no issue with it. Maybe lower the reservation fee a little bit, as I know that some are apprehensive about reservation fees going above a certain point, myself included amongst them. You might lure in more buyers that way.

Hahnu x AuranSol produce the very popular white + colorful wings combo and they're both complete, so I expect them to receive the majority of attention from potential buyers. People also like dark primaries with bright secondaries, so Void x Volun may be popular, but they only produce a very limited range of buyers, potentially limiting the amount of interested buyers because there aren't a lot of options. Toorvith x Pruzah have a good secondary color range, so they will probably receive plenty of interest when they're changed. You may want to invest in more pairs with the popular dark/light body plus bright wings combo, but if that's not your thing, you could ask around to see what people's favorite color combos are and then invest in pairings which many people seem to like (other than the dark/light-bodied and bright-winged dragons).

Cat's got a link to your buying thread in her signature, but you could probably use one as well, @Fatalis. It would probably also be a good idea to list some of what you breed in your signature to catch people's attention. As an example, one could put "double gene white primary purple secondary spiral breeding" as something that you breed and sell which could catch people's attention.

I would post around in other people's buying threads a bit as well. Not only do the original posters see your offers, but other people see them as well. Several of the people I have interested in my imperials found out I was selling them through posts I made offering others imperials. Posting just about anywhere can be helpful to spread the word, too, so long as you've got a link to your sales thread in your signature. Think of every single post you make as an advertisement.

I would also post a set of rules and disclaimers at the top of your thread. That way, people know what to expect and what's acceptable and if a situation relating to your reservations arises, you can point them towards your rules. Plus it just looks nicer when you set down some guidelines. For instance, I didn't notice anything in your thread relating to what happens if someone doesn't pick from a clutch. Do they get to pick from the next clutch? Do they have to pay another fee to be able to pick again? If they get to pick again, are they first pick or last pick? I tried to account for as many situations as I could possibly think of in my rules and disclaimers.

If there are any breeding hubs and organizations that you qualify for, get involved in them as well. I told Cat through Steam that Hahnu x AuranSol qualified for the Neon Wings. If you intend to give Void the shimmer gene, your Void x Vulon pairing will also qualify as an advance breed pairing for the Neon Wings.

Lastly, with so many people vying to sell their dragons and with how fast the dragon sales forum moves, it's simply difficult to get much attention unless you've got something in extremely high demand (like imperials), so bump often. For tidiness' sake, delete your own bump posts.
@Fulgora
Wow, wasn't expecting a wall of text when I asked ya to put the rest on the thread. XD
Anyways thanks a bundle for the advice! We'll be sure to try and improve on it more using what you've said.
As for the incomplete pairs, we know it may be a bit of a put off but that's part of the entire reason we're doing reservations, to try and get the rest of these guys covered. Even if they don't get much attention right now, we can simply use some of the funds/items received for reservation slots for our complete pairs to finish them.

I'll get to work on a new signature in the mean time, one with a bit more information although it's a bit hard with the restricted amount of space in that tiny size.
@Fulgora
Wow, wasn't expecting a wall of text when I asked ya to put the rest on the thread. XD
Anyways thanks a bundle for the advice! We'll be sure to try and improve on it more using what you've said.
As for the incomplete pairs, we know it may be a bit of a put off but that's part of the entire reason we're doing reservations, to try and get the rest of these guys covered. Even if they don't get much attention right now, we can simply use some of the funds/items received for reservation slots for our complete pairs to finish them.

I'll get to work on a new signature in the mean time, one with a bit more information although it's a bit hard with the restricted amount of space in that tiny size.
Like mentioned above, I'm usually instantly put off when I see basic dragons, with no genes attached, advertised as something else entirely. I'm sure others disagree, however; it's just my personal opinion! I just don't think I'd be willing to put down such a vast amount of (fairly priced!) treasure unless they're a completed pairing-- who knows if they'd be even ready before the breeding cooldown. There's too many "What ifs?" and "Is it worth the risk?" surrounding ungened dragons-- I'd possibly move them to another section, ie, "future pairings" until they're ready, or almost ready; too many of your dragons are relying on reserve funds from what I see. There's no need to, however! I'm sure there's others that are fine with it-- it's just a bit dubious to me personally.

Otherwise, you've some lovely pairings-- and popular colourations! You'd easily make enough money from your completed pairing to get another ready, especially if you aren't getting overwhelmed with individual reservations from your unfinished 'uns. If everyone ended up reserving a single dragon from each duo, it'd be rather overwhelming to farm all the scrolls you need.

Sorry again for the criticism-- and good luck! Your dragons really do have a lot of potential. ;o;
Like mentioned above, I'm usually instantly put off when I see basic dragons, with no genes attached, advertised as something else entirely. I'm sure others disagree, however; it's just my personal opinion! I just don't think I'd be willing to put down such a vast amount of (fairly priced!) treasure unless they're a completed pairing-- who knows if they'd be even ready before the breeding cooldown. There's too many "What ifs?" and "Is it worth the risk?" surrounding ungened dragons-- I'd possibly move them to another section, ie, "future pairings" until they're ready, or almost ready; too many of your dragons are relying on reserve funds from what I see. There's no need to, however! I'm sure there's others that are fine with it-- it's just a bit dubious to me personally.

Otherwise, you've some lovely pairings-- and popular colourations! You'd easily make enough money from your completed pairing to get another ready, especially if you aren't getting overwhelmed with individual reservations from your unfinished 'uns. If everyone ended up reserving a single dragon from each duo, it'd be rather overwhelming to farm all the scrolls you need.

Sorry again for the criticism-- and good luck! Your dragons really do have a lot of potential. ;o;
pLOaPLC.pngb5szk5n.png