Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Worth Buying Gems?
1 2
I am about to get paid soon for a job I am currently do and I was wondering if it would be worth buying Gems? I have never invested in buying any Online currencies so I am a little unsure, but at the same time I REALLY want a Wildclaw bu that would cost me 20 Dollars, that seems to be.... A little pricey for a game I might leave in the future~
So is it really worth it? All I'll have left over is 150 Gems what does that get me, nothing..... So I am really unsure if it's be worth my paycheck, at that price I might as well get gas to go to work~
I am about to get paid soon for a job I am currently do and I was wondering if it would be worth buying Gems? I have never invested in buying any Online currencies so I am a little unsure, but at the same time I REALLY want a Wildclaw bu that would cost me 20 Dollars, that seems to be.... A little pricey for a game I might leave in the future~
So is it really worth it? All I'll have left over is 150 Gems what does that get me, nothing..... So I am really unsure if it's be worth my paycheck, at that price I might as well get gas to go to work~
tumblr_osxjx6K2kI1wnxxc9o1_250.png tumblr_osxl1y5w2L1wnxxc9o1_100.png
Yeah don't do it, I'd would go buying gems. Just sell what you can in game for gems.
Yeah don't do it, I'd would go buying gems. Just sell what you can in game for gems.
if you really want gems and it won't hurt your wallet, go for it. it's, honestly, your decision and your decision alone. i personally buy gems for things that i think look good; i don't buy them for what other people like, for what might happen in the future, or based on other peoples' opinions. granted, i'm otherwise tight with my money and buying gems every now and then isn't going to hurt me.

buying gems is no different, imo, than buying an add-on for a videogame, or envelopes on gaia (is that still a thing?), or spoiling yourself with other small treats you don't need but you want. i'm a pretty avid gamer, so i see investing a small amount in to a site that might not be around 2 years from now no different (cheaper, even!) than me buying a game that i don't like, or that i only play once or twice.

only you can decide whether it's a good purchase for you or not. if the "what if" bothers you too much, don't buy them, it's okay. you can still get any gem item if you have enough treasure! so it's not like you'll miss out on anything if you don't buy.
if you really want gems and it won't hurt your wallet, go for it. it's, honestly, your decision and your decision alone. i personally buy gems for things that i think look good; i don't buy them for what other people like, for what might happen in the future, or based on other peoples' opinions. granted, i'm otherwise tight with my money and buying gems every now and then isn't going to hurt me.

buying gems is no different, imo, than buying an add-on for a videogame, or envelopes on gaia (is that still a thing?), or spoiling yourself with other small treats you don't need but you want. i'm a pretty avid gamer, so i see investing a small amount in to a site that might not be around 2 years from now no different (cheaper, even!) than me buying a game that i don't like, or that i only play once or twice.

only you can decide whether it's a good purchase for you or not. if the "what if" bothers you too much, don't buy them, it's okay. you can still get any gem item if you have enough treasure! so it's not like you'll miss out on anything if you don't buy.
92mMlBz.gif
@AmaimonEarthKing
I, personally, wouldn't buy gems with cash right now. They currently go for a rate of 80T =1 gem. Considering I can make 80t playing a single game of Runestones.... It isn't worth it. :(
@AmaimonEarthKing
I, personally, wouldn't buy gems with cash right now. They currently go for a rate of 80T =1 gem. Considering I can make 80t playing a single game of Runestones.... It isn't worth it. :(
Veo99mO.gif
Join our Flight Rising Discord Server!
No. Spend it on gas.
No. Spend it on gas.
birkinweskerfr.png
Nope, I wouldn't buy it.
1 gem = 80 treasure now, and that will probably fall lower and lower with time. Unless there's something you absolutely, positively cannot get with cash (and I think you can get everything but an imp scroll for treasure).
Nope, I wouldn't buy it.
1 gem = 80 treasure now, and that will probably fall lower and lower with time. Unless there's something you absolutely, positively cannot get with cash (and I think you can get everything but an imp scroll for treasure).
if you really want something now, i'd say go for it
but if you're willing to wait until you get enough treasure, there's that too.
if you really want something now, i'd say go for it
but if you're willing to wait until you get enough treasure, there's that too.
Divider-Horizontal.png
sylph » she/her » fr+3
I've bought a truly hideous amount of gems. Like, I'd be too embarrassed to admit to the amount of real life money I spent on gems. But I didn't spend more than I could afford, so if you need that $20 for gas or food or other things then don't buy gems. If you've got that $20 to spend however suits your fancy though, and it isn't going to affect your necessities related budget either way, I say go for it. Yeah, okay, the gem to treasure ratio is a bit funky right now, but buying gems supports the site and gets you what you want without a ton of time spent grinding away at a game. (Well, it'd take me forever anyways.)

In the end it's up to you. I tend to look at it as more of a paying for the experience type thing. For example, if you go see a movie in theatres, you've seen it and probably had a good time, but you don't really have any tangible gains from it. Is it a waste of money? Not to my mind. Same logic here. While I doubt I'll quit the site (I was on neopets for 12 years before I lost a crucial part of my login info and can't remember it for love nor money), even if I did, I've enjoyed the experience that my money has payed for.
I've bought a truly hideous amount of gems. Like, I'd be too embarrassed to admit to the amount of real life money I spent on gems. But I didn't spend more than I could afford, so if you need that $20 for gas or food or other things then don't buy gems. If you've got that $20 to spend however suits your fancy though, and it isn't going to affect your necessities related budget either way, I say go for it. Yeah, okay, the gem to treasure ratio is a bit funky right now, but buying gems supports the site and gets you what you want without a ton of time spent grinding away at a game. (Well, it'd take me forever anyways.)

In the end it's up to you. I tend to look at it as more of a paying for the experience type thing. For example, if you go see a movie in theatres, you've seen it and probably had a good time, but you don't really have any tangible gains from it. Is it a waste of money? Not to my mind. Same logic here. While I doubt I'll quit the site (I was on neopets for 12 years before I lost a crucial part of my login info and can't remember it for love nor money), even if I did, I've enjoyed the experience that my money has payed for.
FLAMECALLER_sig.png
I really enjoy Flight Rising at the moment, even scold myself for not joining sooner because I thought it was too complicate, and wordy but now that I am apart of this wonderful clan, I can't stop trying to find ways of getting more dragons, and more money to support them.
I really would love to support the site, heck I would probably even donate at some point [when I get enough money XD], but the value of gems just seems too low at the moment for how much they cost. It seems like a complete waste to be honest. V-V
I really enjoy Flight Rising at the moment, even scold myself for not joining sooner because I thought it was too complicate, and wordy but now that I am apart of this wonderful clan, I can't stop trying to find ways of getting more dragons, and more money to support them.
I really would love to support the site, heck I would probably even donate at some point [when I get enough money XD], but the value of gems just seems too low at the moment for how much they cost. It seems like a complete waste to be honest. V-V
tumblr_osxjx6K2kI1wnxxc9o1_250.png tumblr_osxl1y5w2L1wnxxc9o1_100.png
I've spent lots of money on the real world money-equiv currency in games, and I'm not ashamed of it.

I like to have things I want and things that look nice in games, and I like to support my fellow artists and designers in the process.

If they're providing me a free service that I'm using regularly and plan to use for a while still, there's nothing wrong with giving some to get a little.
I've spent lots of money on the real world money-equiv currency in games, and I'm not ashamed of it.

I like to have things I want and things that look nice in games, and I like to support my fellow artists and designers in the process.

If they're providing me a free service that I'm using regularly and plan to use for a while still, there's nothing wrong with giving some to get a little.
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
1 2